Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 22, 2012 2:24 PM

Nov 2011
I actually liked a GC episode :O (or the music hypnotized me, either works)

Still love Daryl <3
Jan 22, 2012 3:14 PM

Jul 2010
Good so see Ayase back in action. At least now she doesn't feel as worthless. Her void was absolutely perfect for her too of course.

But damn, they're going to seal off loop 7 entirely and Segai and the head of the Anti Bodies are also still alive and kicking, trying to build their own empire. I wonder what the gang is going to do now.

Jan 22, 2012 4:04 PM

Sep 2011
Damn, I wonder how many people like Ayashu over InoShu......
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 22, 2012 4:17 PM
Nov 2009
so close yet so far.

Really wishing for a rebellion army like thing with shu providing everyone with there own void.
Jan 22, 2012 4:24 PM

Aug 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Sorry but what part about Ayase is retarded?
Her retarded refuse-help-from-anyone-even-though-I-can't-do-shit don't-want-to-be-taken-away-from-the-fight-even-though-I-can't-do-shit don't-talk-to-me-angst-fail-should-take-lessons-from-Shoe act.
Jan 22, 2012 5:55 PM

Dec 2007
Queen_Stars said:
dany_elle1908 said:
Onii said:
dropped

u drop it now when are only 9 eps left lol ok xD

I once dropped a show with around two ep's left. :o

Aw you beat me. I dropped Death Note with 5 episodes left. xD
Jan 22, 2012 6:17 PM

Sep 2011
DraconisMarch said:
GodlyKyon said:
Her retarded refuse-help-from-anyone-even-though-I-can't-do-shit don't-want-to-be-taken-away-from-the-fight-even-though-I-can't-do-shit don't-talk-to-me-angst-fail-should-take-lessons-from-Shoe act.

Huh... Well I kind of agree, but she COULD do stuff by herself before this episode, it's just that she is in a huge depression. It's understandable
Jan 22, 2012 6:36 PM

Dec 2011
I'm kinda hoping this turns into a slice of life. Next episode shu just goes "Oh well, can't do anything about that wall" and decides to stop fighting. Everyone agrees with him of course. Daryl leaves GHQ to become the butt of every joke.

Best troll ever by an anime? Making us think it's Code Geass when it's really Clannad.

The wall could be the best thing to happen to those people. No more random GHQ massacres, they would essentially be able to run their own town and set up a form of government that treats citizens fairly. In ten years after the quarantine is over, assuming they weren't infected, GHQ lets them go because there is no logical reason to keep them there.
If you can't get what you want, then come with me ... 'Cause you are my medicine when you're close to me, when you're close to me
Jan 22, 2012 8:06 PM

Jul 2008
I thought it was odd that Ayase seemed to be the only one fazed by Gai's death.
Jan 22, 2012 8:28 PM

Aug 2011
Vallaw said:
Best troll ever by an anime? Making us think it's Code Geass when it's really Clannad.
Don't you dare

lower Clannad to the level of this abomination. That's an unforgivable sin.

There are plenty of bad slices of life out there; pick one of those to compare it to instead. (Maybe School Days.) Not something good.
Jan 22, 2012 8:59 PM

Jul 2011
DraconisMarch said:
Don't you dare

lower Clannad to the level of this abomination. That's an unforgivable sin.

There are plenty of bad slices of life out there; pick one of those to compare it to instead. (Maybe School Days.) Not something good.

Maybe Kanon? :P
*kicked for adding more trolling*
Jan 22, 2012 9:03 PM
Feb 2010
BRSxIgnition said:
I think this anime is the prime example of two things:

1) Production values and talent not coming together in the way they should.

2) Biggest Love/Hate Fanbase for any single anime.

I thought Gundam SEED Destiny had the biggest love/HATE Fanbase ever?

GodlyKyon said:
Damn, I wonder how many people like Ayashu over InoShu......

I don't mind either one.

I think Ayase is a stronger character, and this was her development episode. Inori's is still developing, which should be normal for a lead, in 10 she was starting to show a more blatant development in herself.
Jan 22, 2012 10:16 PM

Jun 2011
baby_max said:
Love the new OP. Shu looks very manly in it, lol. XD
4/5 and 8/10 for now.

Noticed that myself lol.

Loved the episode, I have no clue why but I'm getting an odd HOTD vibe, must be the survival and Highschool setting for the episode o.O

8/10
Jan 22, 2012 10:50 PM

Oct 2010
DraconisMarch said:
GodlyKyon said:
Probably past trauma. What do you know of her past or psychology 101 that may effect her.

I think some shit happened in the past and she is like that. I do think Shu did change her a little. Remains to see that.
DraconisMarch said:
Ayase is officially retarded. Come at me, Ayase fans. (At least ship Ayashu is afloat.)
COMING! She is not retarded just has mental complication being not too much revealed in the scope of what is revealed. It may allude her to being retarded but it's your mind playing around with you. In fact loads of shit was mind fuck in this series. DNA/GENETIC MARRIAGE anyone? Right.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 22, 2012 11:38 PM

Jul 2011
School festival out of friggin' nowhere!
And Shu and Ayase back to back after the fight was so incredibly, incredibly cheesy. Still in an enjoyable way, though.
Jan 23, 2012 3:36 AM
Jun 2008
Ayase is a bit annoying with her attitude of being inferiority among others..
Jan 23, 2012 3:55 AM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:
GodlyKyon said:
Probably past trauma. What do you know of her past or psychology 101 that may effect her.
It's retarded she wouldn't even let people help her up before this happened.

Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:
Ayase is officially retarded. Come at me, Ayase fans. (At least ship Ayashu is afloat.)
COMING! She is not retarded just has mental complication being not too much revealed in the scope of what is revealed. It may allude her to being retarded but it's your mind playing around with you. In fact loads of shit was mind fuck in this series. DNA/GENETIC MARRIAGE anyone? Right.
Well, we all know they clearly have no idea how to characterize people, so we'll probably never know. But if we do find out, it'll probably be something retarded.

Also, nothing in this series is a mind fuck. Mind fucks are way too cool for this series. Incest is just fucking gross--not a mind fuck.

How many times can I use the word "fuck" in a single line.
Jan 23, 2012 4:32 AM

May 2011
DraconisMarch said:
Ayase is officially retarded.
Still the best part of Guilty Crown.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jan 23, 2012 4:51 AM
Jun 2008
People with disability are almost somewhat more prideful in their work compare to those normal one.So, she will get really frustrated when she lose her only mecha.She is just emo, not retard >.>"
Jan 23, 2012 5:51 AM

Aug 2011
Karhu said:
DraconisMarch said:
She at least has a consistent, existent personality, but I pose that Segai is the best character. The best part of the series is the music to me. Second best is all the lolz at the epic failure.
Jan 23, 2012 6:05 AM

Oct 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:
GodlyKyon said:
It's retarded she wouldn't even let people help her up before this happened.

Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:
Well, we all know they clearly have no idea how to characterize people, so we'll probably never know. But if we do find out, it'll probably be something retarded.

Also, nothing in this series is a mind fuck. Mind fucks are way too cool for this series. Incest is just fucking gross--not a mind fuck.

How many times can I use the word "fuck" in a single line.
Yeah it will be probably retarded or cliche.

Guess the show is more mindtard than mindfuck?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 23, 2012 6:10 AM

Apr 2011
I don't like the new OP, Dearest is so much better but I do love the new ED.
And I love Ayase <3 best character in GC for sure.
Jan 23, 2012 8:45 AM

Sep 2011
DraconisMarch said:
Karhu said:
DraconisMarch said:
She at least has a consistent, existent personality, but I pose that Segai is the best character. The best part of the series is the music to me. Second best is all the lolz at the epic failure.

Hoo, Can we just agree:

Ayase, best female part of GC. Segai, best Antagonist/male of the series.

I love them both more then 99% of the cast.
Jan 23, 2012 9:03 AM
Dec 2009
I don't like Ayase because she would always flop her breasts and moan whenever she got hurt while she was piloting her Enclave. Same reason why I don't like Tsugumi. I don't mind a little fan service but with these two it feels a bit forced and somewhat unneccesary- and especially so when they choose to insert it during an intense battle (it completely kills the atmosphere/mood *serious facepalm) So IMO Inori > Ayase by simply not doing anything at all and saying "shu..." all day.

Really hoping that after this filler episode the anime will really pick itself up. If I drop this I won't have much to watch during the week.
Jan 23, 2012 9:23 AM

Aug 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Hoo, Can we just agree:

Ayase, best female part of GC. Segai, best Antagonist/male of the series.

I love them both more then 99% of the cast.
Yep sounds good. /thread.

KingOfNoodles said:
I don't like Ayase because she would always flop her breasts and moan whenever she got hurt while she was piloting her Enclave. Same reason why I don't like Tsugumi. I don't mind a little fan service but with these two it feels a bit forced and somewhat unneccesary- and especially so when they choose to insert it during an intense battle (it completely kills the atmosphere/mood *serious facepalm) So IMO Inori > Ayase by simply not doing anything at all and saying "shu..." all day.
Wait. You think Inori's case of fanservicitis is less severe than Ayase's? Inori: The girl who exists for nothing BUT that purpose?

-.-'
Jan 23, 2012 10:14 AM

Apr 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Karhu said:
DraconisMarch said:

Ayase was considerably cooler before this episode happened. I remember getting all excited last week when I saw that the preview made it look like this would be an Ayase-centric episode and we'd get some more character development for the coolest character in the show.

Oh how wrong I was.
Jan 23, 2012 5:02 PM
Jan 2012
DraconisMarch said:
She's obviously stubborn but i think she has alot of dignity.

looked at the preview, the boys that tried to do stuff to her have come again with a bigger group -_-, i hope the plot picks up in the next few episode, hopefully it doesn't repeat the first part of the show.
Jan 23, 2012 8:20 PM

Sep 2011
KingOfNoodles said:

Really hoping that after this filler episode the anime will really pick itself up. If I drop this I won't have much to watch during the week.

Inori > Ayase because Ayase has more fanservice... Wut? Inori's is more forced then both of them, and she exist for only that purpose. Shoe please become a King or something so you can have a harem end like the other mega ultra pussy yuuki rito
Jan 24, 2012 1:15 AM

Jun 2009
DraconisMarch said:
Karhu said:
DraconisMarch said:

- Call Ayase retarded
- Pose Segai as the best character

Surely you jest.
Jan 24, 2012 2:39 AM

Apr 2010
-Quasar said:
DraconisMarch said:
Karhu said:
DraconisMarch said:

- Call Ayase retarded

Surely you jest.

He's only 3/4 wrong. Segai is the second best character
Jan 24, 2012 3:35 AM

Jun 2009
Anzekay said:

I would see where are you guys are coming from if he acts more like a villain than a clown.

It would have been fitting if he died together with Dan. They're both comic relief antagonists.
Jan 24, 2012 4:39 AM

Aug 2011
-Quasar said:
DraconisMarch said:
Karhu said:
DraconisMarch said:
- Call Ayase retarded

Surely you jest.
- Obviously didn't read my reasons why. If you still think she isn't retarded... LOL.

-Quasar said:
Anzekay said:
I would see where are you guys are coming from if he acts more like a villain than a clown.

It would have been fitting if he died together with Dan. They're both comic relief antagonists.
He's hilarious. And he spins. And he's crazy. And he spins. CLEARLY he's the best.
Jan 24, 2012 5:37 AM

Jun 2009
DraconisMarch said:
- Obviously didn't read my reasons why. If you still think she isn't retarded... LOL.

Unfortunately, I did even though most of the time I don't take "herp-derp-herp-derp-herp" reasons seriously. While I think her "I don't want help from anyone" is annoying. I considered it might have to do something with her traumatic past experience that teach her that not to rely on anyone especially because when they were helping her out of pity.

Is it retarded? Then you clearly don't know what retardation means.

DraconisMarch said:
He's hilarious. And he spins. And he's crazy. And he spins. CLEARLY he's the best.

...and I rest my case contemplating the words "why did I even bother?".
Jan 24, 2012 6:03 AM
Dec 2008
I've got really mixed feelings about this. Its definetly better than the fist half, but there's so much wasted potential....
Everyone except Ayase seemed to have forgotten Gai. Ayase's depression was rushed, and the end when he gets "legs" was just bad :S
It also seems like Daryl will become a good guy in the end... cliche...

At least Quality is still amazing. New OP looked great IMO.
Jan 24, 2012 9:01 AM

Apr 2010
-Quasar said:
Anzekay said:

Because he's unusual, out of place for most of the characterization in GC, and he's enigmatic enough to be interesting without having to be really stupidly complicated like most of the rest of the mysterious stuff in this show.
Jan 24, 2012 9:02 AM

Apr 2010
DraconisMarch said:
-Quasar said:
DraconisMarch said:
Karhu said:
DraconisMarch said:
- Call Ayase retarded

Surely you jest.

-Quasar said:
Anzekay said:

Still gonna have to say he's the second best, sorry.
Jan 24, 2012 9:38 AM

Aug 2011
Anzekay said:
Still gonna have to say he's the second best, sorry.
-Quasar said:
Unfortunately, I did even though most of the time I don't take "herp-derp-herp-derp-herp" reasons seriously. While I think her "I don't want help from anyone" is annoying. I considered it might have to do something with her traumatic past experience that teach her that not to rely on anyone especially because when they were helping her out of pity.
I guess some people are just more tolerant of people doing stupid shit than others. I'm yet to see Segai act retarded.

-Quasar said:
Uh... yeah. I do.

Dictionary.com said:
Slang: Disparaging .
a. a mentally retarded person.

b. a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way: a hopeless social retard.
Also "mentally impaired." Ayase is more mentally impaired than she is physically.
Jan 24, 2012 10:04 AM

Apr 2010
You're a silly
Jan 24, 2012 10:05 AM

Apr 2010
The best character is that Mugi guy ripoff.

Fuck, I would like to have those eyebrows.

I hope next episode won't be another random festival...?
Jan 24, 2012 1:22 PM

May 2011
Zergneedsfood said:
I've explained that if you actually watched each episodes with the Voids in them, you'll notice that the Voids aren't deus ex because they're not unexplainable and random events that saves the MC and everyone else. Anyone who watches the show closely can say "Yes, that Void makes sense in the context of what I saw this episode."

So? That's only 1 type of an Deus Ex Machina.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeusExMachina

This is what Deus Ex Machina Guilty Crown uses with the Voids.
Illogical placement and timing Deus Ex Machina — When something is established and explained in the work, but its use in that situation is jarring and impossible to believe.

Guilty Crown uses lot of Dei Ex Machina, that is a fact. If you still disagree, then you have failed to understand what Deus Ex Machina means. But if you read that article and have better reading comprehension skills than a baboon, then you will agree with me and everyone else in this thread, that Voids are Dei Ex Machina.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jan 24, 2012 2:39 PM

Jan 2011
Solkiskey said:
The best character is that Mugi guy ripoff.

Fuck, I would like to have those eyebrows.

I hope next episode won't be another random festival...?

i wonder if his eyebrows are edible
Jan 24, 2012 4:36 PM

Jun 2009
DraconisMarch said:
I guess some people are just more tolerant of people doing stupid shit than others. I'm yet to see Segai act retarded.

It's not like he does some good things either. He's just a so so character.

Anzekay said:
Because he's unusual, out of place for most of the characterization in GC, and he's enigmatic enough to be interesting without having to be really stupidly complicated like most of the rest of the mysterious stuff in this show.

Out of place is just right. He looks like he just accidentally end up as character in GC and forced to perform the villain role right after performing as a clown on a circus somewhere. Enigmatic? I actually find his character as shallow as the rest of the cast. Where I couldn't take his attempts to plot against the protagonist seriously. He's just a poor excuse as a villain because GC badly needed one. But I digress, this matter is subjective.

DraconisMarch said:
-Quasar said:
Uh... yeah. I do.

Dictionary.com said:
Slang: Disparaging .
a. a mentally retarded person.

b. a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way: a hopeless social retard.
Also "mentally impaired." Ayase is more mentally impaired than she is physically.

Great, now how is "I don't need help. I can stand on my own" spells out as being retarded or mental impaired? Tell me. I'm not following your logic here.

Also there are two more instances where this subject is touched. First one where she felt insulted on their first meeting with Shu, and the second one where she accidentally bumped Shu, felt out of the chair and "politely" declined Shu's help. In this case, she was pissed because she's still depressed about Gai and the two guys who are helping are assholes who were picking and hitting on her.
Jan 24, 2012 5:30 PM

Sep 2011
Have to agree with Quasar here, Ayase was really wounded mentally as the one that give her reason to live died.
Jan 24, 2012 7:45 PM

Oct 2011
Aside from some odd engrish, the soundtrack is also amazing. This anime is staying at an 8 for me, but would definitely be much higher if they worked out the kinks in the plot.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Jan 24, 2012 7:52 PM

Jul 2010
Loved new OP and ED, as always supercell FTW.
Jan 25, 2012 12:40 AM

Aug 2011
I wonder what Shu's void is xD or does he have any? and will he be able to pull it out by himself?... can't wait for answers

It looks to me that Daryl will become Shu's ally at some point. I just have this feeling when Tsugumi and Daryl met each other by coincidence.
Jan 25, 2012 2:20 AM

Aug 2010
Wow...I know I was pointing out how irritating it is to always go back to angst, but Gai's death was pretty quickly dealt with. Anyways, nice breather episode, until the end. 4/5.
Jan 25, 2012 11:59 AM

Apr 2011
I just love "The Everlasting Guilty Crown."

Chelly > Koeda, IMO.

I also think Shu would die in the end, but that's just me.
Jan 25, 2012 1:54 PM

Mar 2011
Ayase's void is epic! Totally enjoyed how she fought along side Shu <3
People trying to move on after Gai's death and Shu's building up lil by lil the courage he used to have as a kid x'D
As I read somewhere around here I too believe Shu's gonna end up dead in the last episodes [based on the ending which is actually awesome!]
Jan 25, 2012 2:29 PM

Jul 2011
This show man, this show. Well, what is there to say, after this whole huge thing happened nothing is explained at all. It felt like these guys attacked, just so Ayase could get her void.Other than that nothing really happened.

Thinking about dropping it, but meh Might as well just finish it off.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.