Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2012 3:26 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fuck that electrocuting was such a troll. I was totally rooting for it to disintegrate more clothes. I mean, how could it basically leave all the yummy parts of a woman still covered? I noticed that one of Asuka's bra straps was fried off; gah the scene could have been so much more.

I mean I didn't really see anything special in this special. The title lead me to believe that there would be a GRAND finale but it was very meh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2014 9:43 PM

Jun 2010
This might be the dullest Lupin special yet, especially the relationship between Lupin and the leading lady. They seem to get so involved just because it's expected of a Lupin special...although actually several before have defied that convention. At the same time as being boring, the secret behind the treasure ended up not making much sense.

The "Zenigata is dead" thing was as pointless as the "Lupin is dead" thing from a few specials back. It's possible that it was just a reason to sideline Zenigata for most of the film, though; Goro Naya was eighty years old when this was made and it's possible he just couldn't keep up with a lot of lines. This was his last performance in the role he'd be portraying since 1971 (with the exception of the "Lupin Family All-Stars" short which is basically just a novelty). In fact, could the the title "The Last Job" refer to this?
FronzelJan 10, 2014 6:54 PM
Jul 29, 2019 10:12 PM
Jul 2018
Two things this special dissapoints me otherwise a decent special that: like I was hoping the retired va characters will get the spotlight on this special yet instead ultimately the story had nothing to do with the title itself! (Come to think of the va, surprisingly Jigen VA still was sounding as great as ever back then except Fujiko, and Goemon's va was indeed sounding old but not much as I thought given their age was around 75+! I noticed Zenigata's va was already struggling since 2002 special..) And also secondly having almost nothing connection or continuity to the fuma clan movie was incredibly bummers me.

Otherwise yeah it wasn't special but I found it nice solid watch overall that does many right and the tone felt perfectly balanced. I admit the climax was very weak though. Oh and the dog was pretty annoying lol.

removed-userJul 29, 2019 10:22 PM
Aug 14, 2019 4:35 PM

Sep 2011
A ninja dog definitely classify as "cool" in my book. Kotarou was so cute too. Despite licking Fujiko's butt, and biting Lupin's butt a lot. Even Zenigata was a victim of the "munch." lol Well, he was really well trained, and my heart ached each time he was hurt. Asuka and Maya were cool too, being the last survivors of a ninja clan, but this one still strikes me as weird. I might have missed something, but Lupin starts the special after that avatar, and even went after the other treasure that would lead them to Fuujin. But suddenly he didn't want anything, just to help Asuka. Like her, I don't understand what was his "last job" since he had no interest in the Fuujin in the end.

It started well with Goemon purifying himself and showing as much skin as Fujiko though. lol And the moment Zenigata "came back" to life was glorious. xD But it was really weird when Lupin and the others really thought that he died, but didn't care a lot about it. Poor Fujiko though, I don't understand why the plane exploded and all that gold went to waste either. Jigen really knows a lot of dangerous people too, but I love the way he won his fight this time. xD And what is an army to Goemon? lol Unfortunately Fujiko didn't really take part in the action again, but at least she ran over that assassin with the claws using her bike on that scene, and no one ripped her clothes. lol Welp, it was nice I guess. It's time to say goodbye to some of the voices behind this beloved franchise.
Sep 30, 2020 4:25 PM

Nov 2016
I didn't expect to see Rügen in an anime lol

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 6, 2021 2:45 PM
Apr 2021
The best thing I can say about it is the humour.Maybe I appreciated it more than normally since I saw it late night and when I feel sleepy everything is funnier to me than usual šŸ˜…The animation is nice to see.Almost as amazing az in sweet lost night.The story started good but went low in the second half as it usually does in the 2000-2010 specials.But I think it wasn't difficult to follow the happenings so it's OK to watch if we want to see a calming Lupin special.I still prefer sweet lost night but it's funny I have to admit
Dec 3, 2023 2:35 AM
Jan 2015
This was most of the original cast's last outing Eiko Masuyama's, Goru Naya's & Makio Inoue's last full Movie as Fujiko, Zenigata & Goemon respectfully and sadly it was a bit of a disappointment to go out on. Even if the irony of the title is "The Last Job", I still enjoyed this special but when you come down to it the title doesn't really make sense as its just based on a line Lupin says during the special. Honestly this one may have worked better if they went for an R rating rather than PG-13, The villain is kinda forgettable too, he's called Morgana and that's about it, also they have a Fuma clan in this but they don't use that very well, they could have made them the villains from the Fuma Conspiracy and it would have worked better then this could have have been a sequel to that special.

I'm sad to reach the end of socials with the main cast though I still have Lupin Family Lineup to go with the original cast but its like 10 mins long.
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.