Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Feb 27, 2015 12:21 AM

Jul 2008
Lelouch was reduced to Zero yet again. yep this is all just one giant mess.
Mar 23, 2015 1:26 AM
Jan 2012
Dammit, since he was unable to kill her, I thought I was starting to like Rolo again.

Lelouch has now been abandoned by all the Black Knights, except for potentially Kallen... So does that mean his team may consist solely of Kallen, C.C. and Jeremiah? ...Not sure if I should be counting C.C. at the moment though.

And it looks like Suzaku has gone insane... That should be interesting, I wonder what he'll do.

I'm still curious about Anya... Gino too actually, I look forward to when they show up again.

The feels were there, and I'm slightly worried about what will happen next...
Mar 25, 2015 10:55 AM

Jan 2014
undefined
Apr 6, 2015 3:07 AM
Jan 2013
Schneizel's "evidence" of Lelouch admitting to geassing Euphemia was so out of context.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Apr 7, 2015 2:56 PM

Sep 2014
Well, at least Euphy's name has been cleared among the Black Knights.

Rolo's dead, but he still sux
Apr 9, 2015 6:30 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wow, most powerful scene in Code Geass.

R.I.P. Rolo, you were always used as a tool, but you found someone that well....uh. somewhat cared for you. That scene was executed incredibly with his Geass stopping Lelouch trying to speak to him.
Apr 29, 2015 6:10 AM

Jun 2011
I'm really curious about Anya... Is she related to Marianne by any chance
May 3, 2015 2:26 PM
Jul 2014
God damn it, I tried to hold back the tears but I just couldn't... I even hated Rolo, but seeing him break from Lulouch and then that scene... I couldn't hold them back.
May 16, 2015 8:01 PM

Aug 2009
So that's why the writers made Lelouch hide the truth about Euphie when talking to Suzaku.. just so they could use the recording for the betrayal.
It felt so forced and out of any sense back then, now I see why the writers did that, but it's still like taking the viewers for idiots.

Hopefully the last part with Lelouch speak being constantly cut by Rolo Geass was actually quite fun.
ZiassanMay 16, 2015 8:16 PM
May 21, 2015 5:57 AM
Nov 2014
Absolutely fantastic episode ( best of R2 ), Roloooooooooo nooooo1!! D: why ? He didn't have to use the geass like 10 times :(
Jun 11, 2015 2:19 AM

Jul 2012
Best episode of the series..... take that Lelouch you bastard
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jun 13, 2015 1:34 PM

Oct 2014
Such a sad episode.
Oct 29, 2015 2:27 AM

Mar 2015
THE BETRAYAL!!!!!!
So
Where does Lelouch hide himself when he has no comrades???? totally betrayed.

Suzaku laugh, LOL. It doesn't fit him really well, hahahah.

Well, this episode is totally crazy. I love crazy plot. I can't believe that this series will end soon :(
Nov 11, 2015 9:40 AM

Jul 2014
Nothing needs to be said.

5/5
Nov 20, 2015 11:35 PM
Oct 2013
Respect for Rolo.. R.I.P..

Dec 15, 2015 8:21 PM

Jun 2008
I love Rolo for being true to his beliefs. Ugh, I cried. Poor guy. :(
HEY!
Jan 7, 2016 6:47 PM

Aug 2015
Rolo understood he was being used as a mere tool nothingless, but Lelouch in some way cared for him. But what really made me cringe was Zero's fall.
Feb 28, 2016 2:45 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Rolo's death was sad. And it was really well done too

5/5
Mar 10, 2016 5:14 PM

Feb 2013
Oh wow, Rolo. Damn.
Mar 12, 2016 2:10 PM

Aug 2014
Ok, It was fun but C.C needs to get her memories back already because Lelouch really needs her right now.

Rolo, I had my problems with you throughout the series but you have gain my respect for that sacrifice of yours.
Mar 23, 2016 7:41 AM

Mar 2014
Ha ha ha ha nigga WFT is this shit

I'm glad Rolo died
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 11, 2016 12:43 PM
Feb 2016
well im dropping this series. I liked rolo from the beginning, eventhough as a character he got such mixed opinions. Now that hes died I literally can not continue the series, im so heart broken. He didn't know he was doing anything wrong from the beginning. Killing was all he knew and no one really showed that they cared about him. Then when he starts thinking someone does care he helps in the best and most appropriate way he sees fit. Killing is something normal to him so despite him killing a lot of innocent people unnecessarily, I think that his actions were justified in their own way. Its like convicting a child of murder. If theyre unaware of what they are doing is wrong or they were protecting themselves, punishing them is completely unfair. In all of this he is one of the most innocent characters in the series; doing his best to fight for the one person he considered family and doing it the only way he knew how.

Also, I have finally concluded I hate lelouch.
May 12, 2016 12:44 PM
Dec 2014
Even though he killed Shirley I liked Rolo. That was sad.
May 18, 2016 11:27 PM
May 2016
Damn it, that's a lot of twist.
I'm happy Lelpich said these words to Kallen so she knows it was to save her.
I want Kallen and Lelouch to stay on the same side.
Orange will stick with Lelouch. He already knew everything about Geass and is
loyalty goes to Lady Marianne and Lelouch.
I never fully hated Rollo. I kind of had a love/hate relationship with the character but I would always pity him. I'm glad he went off as a hero in the end.
I hope C.C will get her memories back, but she'll surely stick with LuLu if she can, even if she doesn't get her memories back.
Suzaku is turning crazy again. Sometimes I like him, sometimes I hate him.

I'ld say Lulu lies to everyone but his true to himself and that Suzaku is true to everyone but is lying to himself. I'm glad his mask finally comes off.
Jun 7, 2016 8:13 PM

Mar 2014
Truth be told , Lies will backfire you as retribution , its only a matter of time .
Great episode . Some people (desperately) lives through lies , like Rolo .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2016 12:23 AM

Jan 2016
Those pieces of shit they switched sides so fuckin fast
If it wasn't for Zero there would be no Black Knights and No Japan you dense mfs
I swear no one thinks logically in this show

Fuck everyone, Rolo was the only true Bro.
and Fuck Ohgi i just wanna see that bitch dead before the show end.
He's the type of nigga to switch sides because of a fuckin girl. That's why you don't hire men who get no pussy.
I bet a 100$ that he's still a virgin.

I hope Lelouch takes everyone down with him.
Dec 17, 2016 11:20 PM

Jan 2014
NOOO ROLO WHY T___T So much respect for him bc of his death, but I'm so heartbroken now ; ;; that scene was truly emotional
Feb 10, 2017 3:57 AM

Nov 2014
Rolo was a character type that I always hated, but here I just couldn't. He was so good. I never trusted him but also didn't want him to die. I'm really impressed how this anime makes every character have good and bad sides so I can't clearly like some of them and hate others.
Mar 22, 2017 10:09 AM

Sep 2015
And the hits keep coming, I thought last episode was brutal. Lelouch is in complete reclusive despair after Nunally dies. He also makes cringe worthy irrational calls that enforce Todoh's suspicions of him. But while I'm sympathetic to Lelouch I was glad this episode didn't fixate on his sadness. After the painful to watch opening, he tells Rolo to fuck off and spends a lot of the rest of the episode sulking off screen in his room. Which is unfortunate because the Black Knights who have stood strong even when he lost his memory and most were imprisoned. Finally crumble.

This episode was so frustrating. I can't fault the Black Knights for taking the information as they do. But no one understands Lelouch's intentions or even the full facts of the matter. Probably not even Schneizel if he did that'd be pretty cruel of him. Did he intend Lelouch to be executed by Diethard and co I wonder? Revenge for Euphy? Either way it's very deliberately set up and maintained. But Lelouch is such a poor misunderstood creature. That's why we love C.C. and Kallen right? They're the only ones who really get him.

Speaking of which that one brief exchange made me so sad man. It's so obvious and melodramatic. But when Lelouch basically does the old "Go on girl, can't you see I don't want you anymore" to Kallen it was just too much. Especially when he couldn't bring himself to commit and whispers "You have to live at least Kallen" or whatever. She even tried to run back to him as they opened fire. Kallen is just too sweet. When she's not straight up murdering people with her Gurren. I hope she protects C.C. in his absence since they're friends now. She was even sad when she realized C.C. had lost her memories.

But as we all who just saw the episode know, Lelouch survives. Because of Rolo of all people. The one member of his team he tried to have killed more than once. And he's the only one who stood by him when the chips were down. Well Kallen tried to and I bet Jeremiah would have. But anyways bet he's feeling real guilty about that. I won't lie I always thought he was interesting but I went back and forth on liking Rolo. Especially just last episode when he planned to kill Nunally out of jealousy. But I cried when the little dude died, maybe the second time I've cried in the show. That scene was so well done, both the robot antics and the emotional scene underpinning it. Rolo probably deserved to die for all the innocents he'd done in himself. But I felt for little man when he proudly declares (in another example of the end of this series recalling Eva) "I make this decision of my own free will! I am not a tool, I am a human being!" It was lit Rolo. I'm going to miss you in these last few episodes.
SubscriberSunMar 22, 2017 10:13 AM
Mar 25, 2017 5:04 PM

Nov 2012
Lelouch all on his own now.

Rollo dying (never liked him,but his death was emotional here).

Suzaku going insane finally.
Mar 29, 2017 1:22 AM

Apr 2015
Suzaku's laugh tho

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 12, 2017 9:08 PM
Jun 2016
Did not feel one bit of sadness at all with Rolo's death but having a relative like that would be cool lol and at least he saved Lelouch, his identity as Zero now exposed. What will he do now? Suzaku now insane.
May 3, 2017 11:10 AM

May 2016
Amazing just amazing ;=; yet so sorrowful
May 7, 2017 1:33 AM

Jan 2014
Suzaku went nut. he deserve it.

Lulu lost everything.

Nunally confirmed death.

Black Knights no longer trust Lulu.
the things that make me cringe is that Lulu actually didn't force them to follow him, they actually follow Zero on their own. why can't Lulu tell that?
If only Lulu said "I only use geass on a certain person to get information, not all of you." or something like that, I think lulu wouldn't lost his Black Knights.

Rolo death, why didn't he take C.C. too? they discarded C.C. like she's garbage. I can't believe it.
Aug 4, 2017 5:54 AM

Jul 2016
Wow, I actually feel bad/sad about Rolo, rest in peace man T_T
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Sep 22, 2017 8:11 AM

Dec 2015
Another incredible episode... Rolo really got the ultimate retribution for not only killing Shirley but for all the others he killed. In the end out of all the lies told to him, he was still happy to take Lelouch's to the grave.

Now, god knows what lelouch will do now having lost everything.
Prim3Sep 22, 2017 8:16 AM
~
Sep 29, 2017 3:00 PM

Aug 2015
There's a huge hole no one seems to notice. If he can command someone to do anything, and the effect will last for a very long time (the girl who counted days), why doesn't he just order them "Always follow my orders"..? This way he could exploit the once-per-person limit to the Geass.

Edit: lol he literally does exactly this in the very next episode.
JokucSep 29, 2017 3:10 PM
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Oct 15, 2017 3:22 PM

Sep 2014
this episode nearly was enough to redeem rolo. But since hes not waifu material him killing shirley will never be forgiven.

Also I have to give credits to Prince Schnitzel, I always saw him sort of as the real antagonist of lelouch and him checking Lulu like that even without the power of Geass is impressive.

Perks of rewatching this years later - Realizing the emperor is actually Oskar von Reuenthal. How can Code Geass manage to get better and even better after all these years..
Comander-07Oct 15, 2017 3:26 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 2, 2017 5:18 PM

Jul 2017
why doesn't he just tell the damn truth man
Nov 14, 2017 9:10 AM

Sep 2017
Even though Rolo is a yandere. I honestly cried in this episode.
Feb 2, 2018 10:29 AM
Jul 2017
AmMar-Sama said:
Ughh.. the idiocy in this episode is on a completely different level ;__;
I don't even...

ALL of the 'evidence' Schneizel provided is just random bullshit that can be simply dismissed as lies with no difficulties whatsoever.
I can't believe the black knights accepted that crap so easily.
But I guess the characters have to go full retard mode at this point because we need to advance the plot. Yeah, makes sense.

My god, this is so stupid..

actually in this era many people still believe some lies like that
Feb 6, 2018 11:02 AM

Dec 2014
I still think Nunnally is live...well Rolo died I was not expecting that... I actually felt sorry for him...even after he killed Shirley
Mar 15, 2018 3:13 AM

Jul 2008
AmMar-Sama said:
Ughh.. the idiocy in this episode is on a completely different level ;__;
I don't even...

ALL of the 'evidence' Schneizel provided is just random bullshit that can be simply dismissed as lies with no difficulties whatsoever.
I can't believe the black knights accepted that crap so easily.
But I guess the characters have to go full retard mode at this point because we need to advance the plot. Yeah, makes sense.

My god, this is so stupid..

I know this comment is about a year old, but I feel I must address it. It's very easy to buy that the Black Knights would buy Shneizel's info because 1. Todo had already been told of some of Zero's unsavory operations behind their backs, and 2. A lot of the shit Zero pulled were miracles as they called it, so it's not too far-fetched to believe the info they had laid out. Not to mention how detailed all the info was. If you paused, you could see that it all checked out with past events - events that the BK had already thought were out of the ordinary, but ignored it because the results were there. Not to say that some things in this show aren't a bit forced for the sake of the plot, but Sunrise always manages to tie it up pretty well.
May 21, 2018 7:34 AM

Mar 2017
Lots of shit happened but well it's as expected from CG, I must say though there're lotta problems regarding plot consistencies and character writing, the drama was handled pretty neatly.

First off is the Rolo redemption or whatever you wanna call it, much to my despise towards him, to be fair, he got a really shitty childhood with no proper caring and lack of effective education so his acts of killing Shirley and Nunnally can be somewhat justified due to his inability to comprehend right/wrong as well as extreme jealousy (the yaoi undertone still leaves a bad taste to me). He's still shit but yeah LL is a so much of a god that drives people insane so I think it's quite understandable why he did that, still can't forgive him though. His deed in this episode can be considered as a parting gift to LL, it's sort of a fucked up scenario that I don't even know whether to cheer or remain resentful toward him, so well I guess it's a tie. Anyway, this is probably the biggest defeat of LL so far, in both physical and mental state, no more army, no more harem no more supporters, no more those he holds dear, the only thing left is his goal to end the root of all this, Charles.

Another interesting subtlety in this episode is the "farewell" between Kallen and Zero. Kallen sure proved that she without a doubt deserves the title "left-hand" man of LL (C.C is right-hand since she gave LL power and handled lots of shits). I mean back at episode 2 of SS2, Kallen was dead serious about willing to be a slave to LL, it's out of the question that she would dedicate everything to LL even when everybody turns their back on LL. Just by looking at her eyes and expression at the climax of this episode is enough to tell me that Kallen was willing to go all out and beat the shit out of the peeps who "betrayed" LL, and LL knew this, but since he really cares about Kallen (call it favoritism or whatever but it's inevitable given the way things laid out between them) and cannot afford to lose another important friend of his, he had to "chase" her away with harsh words, which is the last thing you wanna do when saying goodbye to someone. I know it's cliche but very well done IMO. Kallen is without a doubt one of the stars of this season now along with LL and CC. It's quite unfortunate that if only LL had opened up himself to everyone, not just to CC or Kallen, then things might have not turned out this badly.
2DEnthusiastMay 21, 2018 7:51 AM
Nov 4, 2018 1:55 AM

Dec 2012
When the locket melody started playing, my heart could scarcely take it any more than Rolo's. For everything he does wrong, this is his ultimate moment of redemption and I can only love him for it.
Jan 15, 2019 5:11 PM
May 2017
If Lelouch told Suzaku the truth about Euphemia the black nights wouldn't have betrayed him. That was this the single dumbest thing he's done in the entire show.
Mar 12, 2019 4:14 PM
Apr 2016
Aww, Lelouch is depressed because of Nunnaly, no surprise... The Black Knights found out about Geass and all Lelouch did, and all he did, all of them turned against him. Luckily he managed to escape death. Lelouch is on his own now.
Mar 24, 2019 5:50 PM
Mar 2019
Rolo's death hit me harder than I thought it would...
Mar 27, 2019 7:17 AM
Feb 2018
Rolo did his job as a little brother, hats off to him.
Jun 8, 2019 3:58 PM

Nov 2014
As if Lelouch hasn't gone through enough, they need to have all his underlings betray him. That's why i never liked Tamaki and the others. They're too easily swayed and never take things seriously. And just when we have someone, Rolo, who's starting to understand him, he has to die.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» Kallen's future after ending

Arminken - 7 hours ago

3 by 01bestanimeAOT »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.