Forum Settings
Forums

One Piece: Episode of Chopper Plus - Fuyu ni Saku, Kiseki no Sakura Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 15, 2022 10:41 AM

Nov 2010
Interesting retelling of the Drum Kingdom arc, plus with updated animation. I prefer this version. This is what they should've done to Movie 8. This arc kinda dragged in the main series.

Replacing Vivi with Robin & Frankie made them so OP, even with Musshuru and Wapol's power up. The fight at the end was cool, seeing Luffy's Gear 2nd never gets old. Musshuru put up a good fight as well. 8/10

The real question is, how the hell did Usopp beat, let alone survive, that fight against Mr. 4 and Mrs. Merry Christmas?

I wonder how Luffy & gang, in the original timeline, would've fared with Musshuru around. Their story probably would've ended there. No Frankie, means no fast transport and without Robin passing the antidote to him that fast, he would've died from poison. Not to mention he's so much weaker without his Gears. lol
Nov 6, 2022 10:18 PM
Mar 2021
It was a 7/10 for me.

The nostalgia hit me, watching Drum Island Arc on a cloudy and overcast day. I watched this on an overcast day too. You can’t really expect much from a recap but it was good.

I don’t really understand why they added Robin, Franky, Thousand Sunny, and Gears 2 and 3 but it’s whatever. Ngl makes it interesting to see (for ex) how would it go if Robin was at Drum Island?

The quality is good, but the animation was…okay. I got used to the animation overtime though so it wasn’t a problem.

Overall 7/10. Not the best One Piece movie but still good.
Jun 16, 2023 2:40 AM

Aug 2019
This movie was extremely nostalgic for me

Overall, I had a great time watching it!!

The animation was beautiful during the Sakura tree
Jul 24, 2023 9:21 AM
Oct 2019
Ngl i was skeptical about this movie, because of the disappointing Alabasta recap movie.
But they changed things up and it works really well.

Basically a retelling of Drum Kingdom Arc in alternative timeline.

God damn, how the hell I'm crying again.
I already know what's going to happen during Chopper and Dr. Hiluluk backstory.
I thought i was ready but it broke me again šŸ˜­

Robin and Franky replaced Vivi and Karoo, also Wapol have a brother here.
We got Luffy using Second and Third Gear in this movie which was Amazing!!

The fight scene Animation was FIRE!!

8/10
Apr 14, 10:29 AM

Jun 2017
not an usual fan of retelling but this was done brilliantly incorporating the new power levels without damaging the central theme
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.