Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 27, 2013 12:41 AM

Apr 2010
At least brunettes face was finally shown.
Jun 6, 2013 9:20 AM

Mar 2013
Mogami-kun said:
What an awful and unsatisfying ending. Ice Witch didn't get the chance to fight the twins again, and they were defeated off-screen by...some magical ass pull they don't even bother coming up with. Absolutely horrible. The only redeeming part was Yarizui and Satou eating the bento. 2/5.

The show had a good start, but between introducing unnecessary characters while the important ones got sidelined and giving unsatisfying conclusions to the two arcs, it spiraled downward quickly. 6/10, I don't regret watching it, but it could have been so much better.

completely agree with this. It's a solid series. I thought it was a great show at the beginning. It had so much potential because I loved the fights and the whole stupid story behind them, but the characters that were not associated with the fights were mostly annoying (I count Oshiroi here as well because frankly she wasn't fighting and her whole story while funny at the beginning got bland pretty quickly).

gave the show a 6/10 as well. It entertained me but there were parts that were simply a chore to watch.
Jun 15, 2013 12:21 AM

Mar 2012
Wow, truly GODLIKE anime. Honestly managed to make me laugh out loud so many times, and the anime tropes and cliches for once didn't get in the way. Usually, an anime derails in the second half as it falls to anime cliches and the girl characters doing annoying things, but nah; the characters were full of surprises, the comedy was always the main focus, and the action was solid as usual.

Yeah I would have liked to see the final battle, but considering that there was already a fight going on; seeing Hercules fight was AMAZING, I was satisfied. If anything, it would've just been a repeat of their usual putting baskets over people's heads thing. So the fact that it showed them beaten afterwards was a good balance, showing that like every other character no one is invincible.

And that's what I liked about this anime; EVERY character got defeated at least once, even Ice Witch. It kept that weird balance between serious shounen anime and absurd comedy anime from start to finish, so it never felt like things would go cliche for long since some comedy or random element would come along to mix it up. Besides, it would've been worse if it left the viewers hanging and showed everybody else beaten up instead, I would've been annoyed at that (even though that's probably what should have happened, considering how powerful those two were implied to be).

Still, I love this anime. Genuinely made me laugh, for once I liked the placid main love interest more than the hot headed tsundere, the action was shockingly good and the premise was silly but memorable. 10/10 from me, for being one of the few modern animes I've seen to actually entertain and stick to its purpose all the way through, without falling to overdone anime cliches like SO many animes have done recently. Great anime
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Jun 26, 2013 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
Needs Romance... Well thats what I want atleast if they do make a 2nd Season, This Series is quite fit for Romance I would say...
Jul 20, 2013 2:00 AM

Nov 2012
nooo... it is end :(
cant believe it buy this anime became one of my favorite :p it is awesome.. :3

damn satou is really hero lol XD

in the middle of episode .. the last of "bento" word is so exciting :p XD

hercules get beated so easy :3
satou became strong because his stomach XD

damn that ending.. :3
nice to see yarizui-senpai in the end XD
Aug 28, 2013 3:42 AM

Sep 2011
Ben-to Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSkrvd57uQQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUjnUNIbUjix6LTlKGrpPuqA
TashfinzAug 28, 2013 3:46 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2013 2:19 AM

Jun 2012
The tempo in this episode was all over the place. It started out with the first 2/3 of the episode being spent slowly building up suspense for the final confrontation, but then the last 1/3 of the episode goes by extremely fast and instantly dispenses all of the suspense that had been building up. Someone's stomach growls and then suddenly everyone else in the store hears their own stomach growl too, and somehow that makes them all simultaneously change their mind about the whole thing and fight for the bento. Hercules reacts by joining the fight too, except he doesn't even put up a fight, and he gets knocked out in what felt like a mere 5 seconds. A brief shot of the twins fighting is shown, and then suddenly *black screen* and the fight is now over.

The ending just felt way too rushed. That final scene at the end where Satou ate the bento with Yarizui was great though.

8/10 from me. It was a nice surprise, considering I wasn't initially expecting much from it.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Nov 30, 2013 6:19 AM

Nov 2013
Not a bad finale IMO, I'm glad everyone (apart from Heracles, of course) got on in the end, the last scene with Satou and Yarizui eating the bento was nice and what we did see of the final brawl was good. However I really did want to see more of that brawl, especially how the Kyou twins were beaten. Also would've been nice if Heracles could've been stronger. I appreciate his tactic was just to stop the Kyou twins from taking part, but with his whole "I'll show you my title's not just for show!" deal, he ought to have lasted longer than 15 seconds or so, really, regardless of how strong the others may have become.

Having said that, I have enjoyed this series on the whole. Fun fight scenes, enjoyable characters, a catchy OP and plenty of great humour. I would've liked to see more of that final fight and also some back-story on just where the Kyou twins got their 'darkness powers' from, as I shall call them, but I certainly don't regret finishing the series. Overall, a fun show to watch. A solid 7/10 from me. :)
"Get chance and luck!"
Dec 22, 2013 5:19 PM

May 2012
Damn nice ending for this series and to be honest I really enjoyed this even if this concept might be rather silly on first glance! Just the development in both story and character was amazing and almost every episode had an unique touch with great action packed together!

All by all a really lovely anime in general! 8/10
Dec 31, 2013 6:02 AM

Dec 2013
Brunette's face!

All in all, it was a quite nice series.
Feb 22, 2014 12:48 AM

May 2012
I laugh so hard at first because of 'bento deathmatch' settings but didnt expect its quite enjoyable.. Too bad wizard is my fav char, but i only saw him fight once..

Feb 24, 2014 7:02 PM

May 2012
It was a good ending. Although we didn't see all of the fight it made me think that although it was clearly a battle that would go down in history against Orthros it wasn't truly the end and they carried on fighting the next day.

So long as their stomachs grumbled there would always be another fight.

Hah, Oshiroi still got a bento although I'm not sure I agree with that considering it was such an important fight. I still wish she'd been more of a fighter in the series but she worked well.

I wish I'd seen more of Asebi Inoue rather than just that last shot of her in the end credits with her head stuck in a door of all things!

Anyway, pretty great series. Wish there had been more development in some places, and way less Ume.
Feb 24, 2014 8:51 PM

Oct 2013
And after what I type on previous episode discussion about Brunette's face...

So-so ending because this episode does feel rushed.
I agree the artwork is somewhat weaker compared to previous episodes. Apparently they were not going 'saving budget for last episode' tradition, and that made me drop the rating.

7/10 from original 8/10.
Mar 25, 2014 12:46 AM
Nov 2013
Great show, hardly any complaints. 8/10, nothing deep to be found here, just pure awesome entertainment. Very funny.
May 7, 2014 9:06 PM

Nov 2011
Certainly an anime that excelled in everything it tried to do, however it somehow wasn't my cup of tea. I found it slightly less entertaining than Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? Excuse my score of 6/10, it's simply a personal preference.

But at least I know exactly what I'm going to go buy when I do visit Japan. Bento all the way.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
May 23, 2014 2:41 AM

Mar 2013
Well i must say that this anime is such an awesome one the fights,the battles,pride,being proud ETC. 10/10 for me... I was hoping that this would be longer but ohhh well it was really enjoyable...
Jul 11, 2014 4:29 PM

Jan 2013
He.. interesting anime, the fight was well done, the "pride" they wanted to keep was nice too. And overall an interesting and unique anime.
8/10.
Jul 26, 2014 8:54 PM

Aug 2012
It was surprisingly good.
Oct 2, 2014 5:17 AM

May 2013
The only thing I didn't like was that the Ice Witch didn't get to redeem herself. But in the end the anime was about the Hentai I guess.
Oct 5, 2014 7:34 PM

Sep 2013
I was pleasantly surprised by this series. It took some real talent to make such an absurd concept work; there are many ways that it could have gone horribly wrong. It is a great parody of the numerous fighting series (which I generally find tiresome), and it even manages to have a real story to tell. The ending wrapped it up nicely; the series feels complete, and I don't see a compelling need for it to continue from this point.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Nov 14, 2014 9:27 PM

Jun 2014
silly plot but entertaining, just some girls are annoying
Dec 19, 2014 1:18 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty enjoyable series. I can't rate it too high because I don't think there's enough substance to this anime, but it's a fun little enjoyable series for what it is.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jan 18, 2015 2:10 PM
Oct 2011
SO after finishiing the series I would give it a 6/10 cuz that wretch(she needs to die/disappear/be humiliated beyond measures ) ume is still a wretch,Saitou is the normal guy here out of all(I wished some harem or romance but seems a parody will be a parody),the twins seemed to be beaten ?...etc
Feb 7, 2015 2:59 PM

Aug 2014
All the 12 episodes of Ben-to were so entertaining, I really really enjoyed it. It had plenty of action, funny moments, ecchi as well (it made me really suprised) and on the contrary of others I found every episode reasonably built-up. 10 bento out of 10. As I ended with the last episode I felt like I have finished a satisfying meal. The only "spice" that I missed was the romance.
Feb 9, 2015 2:50 PM
Dec 2014
This Anime was so fun to watch. Too bad it had only 12 episodes and there was no Yarizui in the last fight.. She would have a good reason to fight them. :(
Apr 11, 2015 7:05 PM

Aug 2014
I actually agree with Hercules' strategy; why play with OP characters? :(

- show was pretty good but started to go on a bit of a decline near the end
- wtf happened to Oshiroi? she stopped participating in the wolf fights?
- wtf is up with Ume, weird ass girl from beginning to end; one trick pony status
Apr 14, 2015 12:54 AM

Dec 2014
so...even after defeating the Twins..Satou did'nt gave up his humbleness and respect for The Ice Witch..that's what I liked the most as an ending..

-A Great Show Indeed

Apr 14, 2015 4:13 PM

Aug 2009
not the strongest ending but i can't complain

damn it still no kisses

kinda sux that they skipped the final fight, well i guess once hercules is out there isnt much to see

but kinda hard to believe how satou went from total loser in ep1 to a total badass in the finale (he lost to ice witch and orthuros, then ice witch lost to orthuros, then he somehow wins against orthuros o_O?)

7.5/10 could use moar
Apr 20, 2015 5:47 PM

Aug 2014
That was fantastic! The OP and ED songs are both very sentimental about main theme of the story ;) Enjoyed a lot!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 22, 2015 12:16 AM

Apr 2009
Can't say I understand why people think so highly of this anime. The premise is really silly and the fan service doesn't add anything. This last episode didn't feel like a finale and more of just another episode. I want some closure at least, but nope. No big fight scene, we don't get to see the twins lose, and the main characters don't really progress anywhere. Just a silly show about people fighting for half-priced bento.

One positive for me though is at least there were some funny moments.
6/10 Nothing special. It is what it is it.
Dec 26, 2015 9:27 AM

Aug 2011
I wish they would have shown the entire fight at the end, but overall great ending, awesome characters and series.

8 out of 10 rating
Mar 25, 2016 9:17 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
For me it was a fun concept with just one bad episode to ignore. It was sort of like eating potato chips....a nice snack in a small amount with nothing important inside. Just a basic 7/10 for being lighthearted and watch worthy.
May 6, 2016 3:47 PM

Feb 2014
Can't fuck believe!!!

This final episode was REALLY, REALLY disappointing!!!
Worst episode. So dull.
They skipped the final fight.
Even the cliche about the senpai showing up there for the fight would have been better.

TechOtakuMay 6, 2016 5:20 PM
Aug 26, 2016 6:13 AM

Apr 2009
Weak ending. They didn't even bother to show us their fights.

Still surprisingly good to watch as a whole. 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 4:30 PM

Oct 2016
The bento parts of this show had really awesome action and was a sharp parody and I loved those sections but the rest was really brought down by all the useless fan service and dumb comedy. 7/10
Apr 30, 2017 2:19 PM

Jan 2014
Was inclined to deduct a point for the (yuri) filler of episodes 8 and 9, but a full point'd be too much really, so as MAL doesn't do half points: this show,... lùùùùcckyy.

8/10

Really liked the show, the voice acting for Yarizui, and how they handled the relationship between her and Satou.

kingscounty said:
- wtf happened to Oshiroi? she stopped participating in the wolf fights?

She never did, she always had been a scavenger.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Aug 11, 2017 10:57 AM
Dec 2015
In all honesty. i am disappointed that the twins were NOT put in their place.
did everyone forget they hurt the ice witch so bad that she had to be put on bed rest??
the twins are not the victims here. they are the ones that should have been beaten up.
and then suddenly giving them some sob backstory to give them sympathy? buullllllll.
but i guess that's not the "good guy" way. and hentai there had to save them for reasons that i will never understand.
Apr 24, 2018 11:41 AM

Jun 2017
Ending was kinda..meh
Too bad they didn't show the final clash between them

to sum it up: Anime is good, Music is very good (Opening especially)
7/10 , wouldn't mind a second season
May 27, 2018 2:31 PM

Apr 2013
So that Herakles guy was actually not that strong, he just beat them by not fighting them. I'm not even mad that they didn't show the fight, I mean the fighting was always quite generic and not the fun part about the show.

Overall I'm surprised how good this was, definitely expected way less. Apart from Oshiroi and Shiraume I liked pretty much all the characters and the promise was just very unique. Also had a lot of funny scenes, great fanservice by Ayame and it didn't take itself too seriously. 8/10
Jan 8, 2019 12:36 PM
Mar 2018
Holy shit! Tits McGee has eyes! Besides that shocking reveal it was a great final brawl and shipping the mains also feels better now, even if kuudere are still stupid as hell, when it comes to this...
Jan 31, 2019 8:44 PM

Jan 2013
the only thing i didnt like was Ume NEVER got her comeuppance...but at least we finally got to see busty brunette's face
Sep 17, 2020 10:22 PM

Aug 2020
Very sad this is only one season. I'd love to see more brawls. Still a very good series!

Oct 27, 2021 11:12 PM
Aug 2021
The concept was something fresh and the show was pretty good. I'd say a 7.5/10. I DO hate that bitch Ume though, but kuudere Senpai makes up for it. And of course, that OP slaps WAAAAAY too hard. Almost as hard as Ume slaps You. 9.5/10 for the OP.
Feb 28, 2022 2:57 PM
Dec 2021
Great anime. very interesting.
Sep 22, 2022 2:37 PM

Nov 2013
While Hercules was an asshole, he was right. The wolves most likely got fed up with their nasty attitude. That they think of themselves as the victims only reinforces it.

But it's not bad that Yō and the others beat them in a fair fight and reconciled afterwards.

Thumbs up for him bringing Sen the eel bento. As she said, it's not good to leave a girl (or anyone for that matter) hanging.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 21, 2023 4:34 AM

Feb 2022
I hope this get a second season!
Jun 7, 2023 6:12 PM
May 2023
molto bello ma mi aspettavo qualcosa in piu
Jun 15, 2023 4:20 AM
Feb 2023
es muy recomendable
Aug 28, 2023 7:36 PM
Oct 2021
a anime about bento boxes what to say
Oct 29, 2023 9:09 PM

Oct 2022
This anime on its premise & very idea is so stupid but the execution & the amount of detail makes this anime so much fun to watch!

8/10
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

135 by -starryskies- »»
Apr 21, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 10, 2011

112 by -starryskies- »»
Apr 21, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2011

126 by Stuntdrath »»
Jan 27, 6:57 PM

» This bitch right here Ume Shiraume

Zerity - Aug 24, 2017

34 by Imperfection98 »»
Jan 5, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 17, 2011

82 by fathandz »»
Oct 28, 2023 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.