Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 10, 2011 3:03 PM

Jul 2011
Mynax said:

i beg to differ, Yukki from Mirrai Nikki is much worse imo.

oh god, I really like future diary so far, but Yukki can be so damn annoying...
Nov 10, 2011 3:13 PM
Sep 2009
Firestalker5 said:

You know.... I just thought of something. How did Gai know Shu's name when they first met? Shu hadn't even said his name when Gai mentioned it. Does this mean that Gai knew Shu from something in the past?

Well, considering that Shu's mother is involved in the Void Genome project, one could assume that Gai would know of his name that way; after all, he did go through an entire combat operation and risk Inori's life just to obtain the Genome~
Nov 10, 2011 3:25 PM
Nov 2011
I'm glad Inori gave Shu a slap in the face like that. I wonder if Gai told her to do so though.
Nov 10, 2011 3:28 PM

Jun 2011
I really like Ayase's personality. The moment when she asked Shu not to help her showed her as a very strong character. Gotta love her :)
Nov 10, 2011 3:40 PM
Jul 2010
The despair in Shu's eyes. Worth all the words.
Nov 10, 2011 4:15 PM
Nov 2011
the episode was incredibly great. I really do like the main character of this series, as well as the conflictions that can be assumed to be similar to how one would react in reality. Shu's decisions and mindset is perfectly played out with the kind of personality he has. Some say he's acting rather of a complaining and "pussy" person, but we have to remember that Shu was just a student with a normal life. All the things he experienced, i do not think anyone could handle confidently without hesitations, even if 1 or 2 weeks past, the thought of how this could have happened would not go away, Depending on the person. Also the confusion between whether to side with Gai and GHQ is also something that one would have to think thoroughly about. In the earlier episode Shu had seen things that GHQ is trying to accomplish and sees that what they are doing is good. The training exercise he had to go through is not something a a boy of 17 years old could handle nor endure. The use of a knife or a gun requires stamina and a good amount of agility. Running with a a 5lb smg will tire you out easily if you are not used to it. I myself had to run for miles, holding an AK-47 kalashnikov and it is not an easy job. As for the conflict of Shu and Inori, past posters explained it well enough to get an idea to what can be assumed of the reasons to why Inori had taken those actions. anyways i'll end with that, im running out of time as i have class in 10 minutes. May have left some things out of my explanations to clearly clarify my thoughts on this episode and past episodes that connect to actions taken in todays show.
Nov 10, 2011 4:24 PM

Jun 2011
Oh man, there's even a training session in the anime? Ayase's pretty cool, she handed Shu's ass to him on a golden platter. Shu's also got to suck it up and become cooler, he's seriously one of the most pathetic and infuriating characters I've come across.
Nov 10, 2011 4:37 PM
Sep 2008
Can't believe i logged on to this site for the first time in over a year just to say this but god damn...why is that whenever a character shows a normal human reaction to the random shit anime likes to throw them in people get so bent out of shape. I like that he was hesitant about getting himself into this whole ordeal and that he's understandably wary. Characters who get thrown into a new world and adapt in 5 minutes are the type i can't stand. Even though 99% of the people in the world would act like shu if thrust into this situation, everyone seems to despise him for it.
Nov 10, 2011 4:50 PM
Sep 2009
Man it sucks to be shu. This guy is being fooled by everyone. First it was the person who shu though was his friend, but turn out to be a back stabber. I thought he would lose his trust in people until he asked inori if he can believe her and she said yes. Now, this episode showed that inori's sweet attitude towards him were all just an act.

I won't blame shu for keeping that pen since he has no one he can really trust. The heroine of the story even tricked shu into joining the group. How can anyone act loyal to someone you do not trust? so, we should cut shu some slack.
Nov 10, 2011 4:54 PM

Oct 2009
Kana Hana as Ayase gg.

Kayano Ai going in my favorite seiyuus.

Shu is so fucking #$##$# he pisses me off.

Shu should die.

He has connection to Ayase/Inori from the past?

Inori so hot.

Ayase hot too.

Now he has both Inori and Ayase on his back. Obviously Inori loves Shu because of something that's happened, really wonder what it is though... If it's some retarded shit then I'll be mad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2011 5:01 PM
Sep 2009
Yanoflies said:
Kana Hana as Ayase gg.

Kayano Ai going in my favorite seiyuus.

Shu should die.

Inori so hot.

Ayase hot too.

Now he has both Inori and Ayase on his back. Obviously Inori loves Shu because of something that's happened, really wonder what it is though... If it's some retarded shit then I'll be mad.

Are you talking about shu knowing ayase or inori in the past? I do not about shu knowing ayase in the past, but I think shu knew inori before. I can't remember what episode it was, but didn't shu had a flashback of a girl when inori did that thing with her hands?
Nov 10, 2011 5:07 PM
Sep 2008
Yanoflies said:

Shu should die.

Inori so hot.

Ayase hot too.

Case in point, care to give me a good reason why shu should die? I get it, can't really live vicariously through someone that's not a generic badass.
Nov 10, 2011 5:20 PM

Oct 2009
Nah I'm just out of line. Don't really mean he should die in the literal form; was just expressing my dislike for him.

I don't really dislike him on second thought, just that I do not like him either.

He's got quite a few episodes to prove me wrong.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2011 5:23 PM
Sep 2008
That's what i figured, it's all opinions after all, but we've seen this before, wimpy every day kid grows into a badass. This show gives me vibes of geass, Eva and Eureka seven atm. I don't really dislike any of the characters, it's only been 5 episodes after all. My only issue is that the dislike for shu stems from him being...essentially a normal person thrown into this huge mess and reacting "normally". Its why i liked simon...and why i wasn't a fan of Kamina.
Nov 10, 2011 5:29 PM
Dec 2009
Liking the character development in Shu, hope he thinks more for himself

With the pen that Shu has, i hope the story doesn't go how I think it would go.. or it would just be another typical scene of betrayal of actually pressing the buttons, or just getting caught with what the pen can do..

Disliking Gai, he's only using Shu for his powers which he wanted for himself

Not really liking Inori as much anymore from this episode, main reason i liked her from the get-go was because she can sing, but what she did to Shu was... heartbreaking, misunderstandings hurt alot.. even though she went against Gai's orders in episode 4, her actions and words this episode outweighs what she did in the last episode

I still want Shu x Inori ending xD
JKNov 10, 2011 5:36 PM
tag©.androgynous
Nov 10, 2011 5:31 PM
Nov 2011
Also, when Ayase was talking about how Inori was with Gai a few times a month, I thought differently from what happened hahahaha.
Nov 10, 2011 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
Cripple chan is the only reason why I will continue watching this now.
Nov 10, 2011 6:08 PM
Oct 2009
The way Inori & Gai tricked Shu is bloody infuriating tbh. I probably would've ended up abandoning the Parlor and going KoS on Gai, in his place. Well, he still has the choice, since no commitments were made.

Althrough the "light that brings darkness" at the last test was kin'da amusing ^_^
Nov 10, 2011 6:20 PM
Nov 2011
Ignis_Nightroad said:
Although the "light that brings darkness" at the last test was kinda amusing ^_^

Also, possible foreshadowing? Will he possibly betray Funeral Parlor?
Nov 10, 2011 6:32 PM

Feb 2010
I raged so hard when that chick barged into his room, screams at him for being naked, and despite being in a wheelchair decides to roll herself across the room so she can hit him for no reason rather than just close the door.

I mad.
Nov 10, 2011 6:36 PM

Oct 2009
Paiguy said:
I raged so hard when that chick barged into his room, screams at him for being naked, and despite being in a wheelchair decides to roll herself across the room so she can hit him for no reason rather than just close the door.

I mad.

That's typical in anime though... apparently it's funny. I would have wheeled that chick into a wall for doing that.
Nov 10, 2011 6:46 PM

Apr 2010
I kinda like Shu. Inori's probably going to end up falling in love with him, however.

I'm not sure what to say about Ayase. While I'm glad to see any character in a wheelchair (or rather any disabled character) in a show, she's a bit too tsundere and prideful, saying stuff like "This wheelchair is like a part of what makes me unique." But she's still pretty refreshing and a hell of a lot better than Nunnally.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Nov 10, 2011 6:49 PM

Sep 2007
They should've just kept it at Gai and Inori banging each other in the room instead of Inori helping Gai to some blood transfusions. It'd make for some loldrama. Well at least Shu seems to be coming out of his pussy shell. Far better character than Yukiteru so far.

And for the Leucocyte to make a crater like that only at 3% output. Scary to think what it can do at full power.
Nov 10, 2011 6:55 PM

Aug 2011
Ughh Inori....
Nov 10, 2011 6:57 PM

Jun 2008
my heart skipped a beat when i saw Inori going into Gai´s room *A*

It seems Gai has a secret illness? and i wonder who is the woman they talked about.
I hope Inori is not a clone or something.

I still dont like Shu, im hoping he gaves up of betraying the funeral parlor.

Gai is the man. period.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 10, 2011 7:16 PM

Jun 2009
Dude that was hilarious when inori walked in gai's room i was like.. wtf are they gonna do?
but yeah good thing it was for some blood thing.
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Nov 10, 2011 7:20 PM

Aug 2010
People don't get it : Shou is a pussy , but he has an incredible power and he could use it. But prefer to cry and embarrass himself.
Yukiteru is a normal person, surrounded by psychopathic people and have no choice but follow Yandere girl. But in time of crisis, even crying, he would do the right thing (like in last episodes)
It's pretty easy acting cool when you have the power to destroy a robot: it's little more difficult when your main weapon is a dart......
Nov 10, 2011 7:21 PM

Apr 2008
Guh, really didn't like this episode. Putting aside the obligatory redhead tsundere nonsense, Shu's place in everything is so awkward. He's objecting to Gai in a ridiculously childish fashion when the real problem is the self important you must be blind comments rather than just #$%@ing explaining Funeral Parlor's motivation already. Yes, we've seen GHQ do some evilish stuff and abuse their power, but Shu really, actually has no reason to support Funeral Parlor. He has seen them do nothing but take lives in combat and draw the organization's ire.

Sort of apart from that, I thought the ending made this episode such a waste. He spends the whole time training and finding he's not exactly up to terrorist snuff. Does this make him consider another path? Nope. Does he strive forward and improve? Nope. He just uses his power. Exactly like he did before. Exactly like he got into this whole mess for. The scenario was even described such that there shouldn't have been anyone present to grab a void from. That's not what they were training him for. Now I've got my own objections to them training him like a normal soldier instead of focusing on the miraculous ability that is the whole reason he's there, but with the rest of the episode being what it was, that ending was sort of awful.

I'm sticking with this cause it still has some neat ideas and good action, but it's definitely not the high quality execution of common themes and cliches that it seemed at the beginning.
Nov 10, 2011 7:41 PM

Aug 2010
Ah man, poor Shu... I feel bad with what happened between him and Inori.
Nov 10, 2011 7:49 PM

Oct 2009
I actually hated this episode... Put aside the fact that Shu is an idiot for even staying in that screwed up place, Inori and Gai completely destroyed him. I would have left that very minute and never looked back.

The one motivation for him to even join the group just told him that she did everything because she was told to do it. Are fucking kidding me?!!?! I would have left and, even with the tracker pen, would have called the GHQ and told them exactly where to go.

If they sent Inori to talk to me, I would have drawn the sword to knock her out then tied her up and leave her in a park. Seriously, she's a goddamn bitch! You play with a guys emotions in order to get him into the group BECAUSE YOUR WERE TOLD TOO?! Then you have the gall to ask why he joined? ARE FUCKING KIDDING ME?!!? You just forced him into the group and you wonder why he's there?

What the thought didn't cross your mind WHILE YOU WERE CONNING HIM!!!!!!?????

There has to be a limit to what you can do for someone... I mean come on.

Argh.... I can feel the homicidal rampage building.
Nov 10, 2011 7:50 PM

Dec 2007
Huh, I didn't realize Kenji was a kid 'til we finally see him out of the prison suit and wheelchair.

And Shu's training reminded me of the movie Wanted. Protagonists have the same timid personality and yet are being trained to fight. XD

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Nov 10, 2011 7:50 PM

Sep 2009
I don't understand why organizations in anime always expect a random person to be fully capable. Really, what were they expecting from Shu?

I didn't like Ayase at first. She got a little better towards the end.
Nov 10, 2011 7:55 PM

Feb 2009
This was a step down from the previous episode. Shu has to be the wimpiest protagonist I've seen this year. Seriously, why the hell is he even staying with this terrorist organization and putting up with their BS? He doesn't agree with their ideals or anything. Plus, at least in his mind, he has lost the girl he was interested in. She and everyone else is just using him for his powers.

Also, Inori has to be the most soulless lead female they could've come up with. I think her entire purpose in the show is to boost her VA's (or another VA's that's not doing her talking) singing career.
Arcane587Nov 10, 2011 7:59 PM
Nov 10, 2011 7:59 PM

Jul 2010
Shu has to be one of the biggest pussies in anime.
Nov 10, 2011 8:14 PM

Jun 2009
I think that this was the best episode so far, not that that's saying much.

Leukocyte is continuing the biology theme. I hope they start doing something with that soon.

I don't like undertaker. They sound like a bunch of cultists or a really fanatic terrorist cell... oh, wait...

Shu got a lot better this episode. Sure, he seemed pretty weak when he was trying to get Inori to leave the terrorists, but the important thing is that he avoided succumbing to Gai's bishonen, egotistical charisma. I'm sure he'll eventually end up another mindless peon, but, until then, at least he can still attempt to think for himself.
Nov 10, 2011 8:15 PM

Jul 2009
nedstark1990 said:
People don't get it : Shou is a pussy , but he has an incredible power and he could use it. But prefer to cry and embarrass himself.
Yukiteru is a normal person, surrounded by psychopathic people and have no choice but follow Yandere girl. But in time of crisis, even crying, he would do the right thing (like in last episodes)
It's pretty easy acting cool when you have the power to destroy a robot: it's little more difficult when your main weapon is a dart......

QFT.
The only thing that does Shu any justice is that he has 'God-like' powers...
And the only thing that is doing this anime itself any justice are the female characters. Oh how I have like a good tsundere.
You say no but your body says yes.
:3
Nov 10, 2011 8:32 PM
Oct 2011
Orulyon said:
my heart skipped a beat when i saw Inori going into Gai´s room *A*

It seems Gai has a secret illness? and i wonder who is the woman they talked about.
I hope Inori is not a clone or something.

I still dont like Shu, im hoping he gaves up of betraying the funeral parlor.

Gai is the man. period.

super speculation time?

the flashback of the girl who looks like Inori in Shu's memories is not Inori.

flashback girl is Inori's relative, sister? clone? it would have to be a long time
ago for Shu to forget a pretty girl handing him a cat's cradle. Flashback girl
didnt seem too far of age from current Inori and seemed alot more happier.

Flashback girl was in love with Gai? If was a direct relative of Inori, it would explain
why Gai said she looks like "her" more and more, and why Inori asked if it was ok.

Gai gave Inori her name/brought her back into this world??

anyways it may be that Shu forgoes Inori after seeing inori walk into gai's room with
him being half naked. As for Inori + going into Gai's room + blood pack + "secret relationship"
several times every month + Gai's ability to see people's void??

-&gt; reinforces the possibility of Inori being a clone of Flashback girl. Inori-clone's blood has
some special properties that enables Gai's ability + helps Gai's disability if he has one. Gai
brought Inori-clone into this world/gave her name which is why she is so attached to him
(like a dad / older brother).

Possibility of Shu getting very sad/depressed about Inori, which was his whole reason of joining,
and wants to press the buttons now on that pen to get rid of Gai. But I think Shu became conscious
of Ayase after she showed her strong personality -&gt; and Ayase becomes more attached to Shu as
a Gai-alternative since she thinks Gai x Inori.

Then maybe next episode Gai was hurt and only person to save him is Shu (or he dies) and Inori
has nobody else to depend on and develop's Shu/Inori relationship, then Ayase starts feeling
some jealousy because Shu obviously likes Inori no matter what. Love Triangle anyone?
OMGreenTeaNov 10, 2011 8:49 PM
Nov 10, 2011 8:34 PM

May 2011
I totally got the wrong idea when I saw Gai and Inori enter that room together...

I like Shu already! Him showing character development is very promising. Though other wimpy characters are still on my list of favourites, like Tsuna!

Gai got attacked?! Though I don't really like him, I don't want him to die by the hands of the wrong person! Shu should be the one to take his life.

Why Inori? WHY?! I was on a rage when she did that to Shu. Fantastic episode! Next one looks promising.

I’m just trying to be okay. Some days it’s harder than others. I hide away the most real parts of myself from everyone else. The emotions that I try to escape from. The constant pain I feel. The nightmares that keep me awake at night.

It hurts sometimes... knowing that the world is continuing happily all around me while I continue to drown in alcohol and slowly die inside myself.

Nov 10, 2011 8:38 PM
Sep 2008
How is shu a pussy? im still waiting for this answer. Normal person thrown into a govt terrorist plot is supposed to suddenly become a big action hero? So what if he has an incredible power, that doesn't make your personality do a 180. And when it does its terrible writing, nothing worse than a protagonist who can suddenly do anything after gaining a bit of power.

@Arcane , at least you had something to say about inori, i have no fucking clue why people go on about her. A submissive lifeless character...how is that interesting let alone attractive is beyond me.

As they say, if you enjoy something its best to avoid the fandom.

I like Shu already! Him showing character development is very promising. Though other wimpy characters are still on my list of favourites, like Tsuna!

I agree, i keep forgetting people use anime as a sort of escapism, shu being a wimp reminds most people than they are wimps in real life as well
Nov 10, 2011 8:43 PM

Feb 2010
I like inori saying that to shu , but sadly its just probably a lie and she's probably gonna end in love with him.

I also want shu to betray them.
Nov 10, 2011 8:45 PM

Aug 2011
I still think Inori like Shu whatsoever. Being betrayed is not good for the health of children I'd say :))
Nov 10, 2011 8:59 PM

Oct 2009
I doubt Shu will 'willingly' betray them now. He seems to be in the group and he actually seemed to like that praise he got for his mock battle.

I may have harsh on Inori, but she does seem to have maybe a little feeling for Shu, though she doesn't seem to understand what that feeling is. She might have to him to stay away from her because she's scared of the feeling she gets when he gets too close. Also, she maybe a soulless bitch for doing that Shu, but in her defense... Well, she has no defense. She's a soulless, mindless, doll who can only do as told and nothing else.

I might change my opinion if she changes her personality.

------------------

I doubt Gai is dead, but I for some reason I feel as if that chick that was with him on the mission is dead. What a massive twist if Gai went there knowing that the thing was going to fire and then left his comrades there as a way to get the rest of them fired up. I can actually see him doing that [since he's a twisted Mother****er that uses people's emotions against them]. I can even see a scene where Gai and Inori are talking and Gai mentions that the death was necessary for the plan, Shu hears this and Inori just stands like the robot she is [probably trying to think about something but not being able to since no one told her what to think about]. Just like I can see him acting pissed about Inori changing the plan like that, when it was all his plan in the first place... I watched that episode again and he seemed to be playing it up a little too much. Inori and him are really close so of course they would be the only two that know the plan to trick Shu.

I wonder if they all knew about the plan to trick Shu using Inori, or if they are in the dark and think that Shu decided to come on his own...

Anyway... About the girl. I really feel like that chick is dead, but I also feel like no one will feel about it. They'll most likely all be worried about Gai and forget about the girl. Shu will be sad and then Inori will be curious and ask him about it... Ugh!

---------------

I haven't been this pissed at a manga/anime chick since the NTR arc in KNIM!!!
Firestalker5Nov 10, 2011 9:12 PM
Nov 10, 2011 9:14 PM

May 2011
Shu is pretty realistic, which I really like about this so far..

Then again, maybe it's just the similarity between the Shu-Inori-Gai relationship and myself that I can appreciate.. &lt;.
Nov 10, 2011 9:22 PM

Dec 2010
Love the characters.

And please don't let Gai die. He's cool.
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Nov 10, 2011 9:31 PM

Aug 2009
There was some other show/game/manga where the main girl was "kept" by the enigmatic rival/boss dude and a big part of the plot was her developing her own identity and independence (which may or may not have been tied with her falling in love with the protagonist). Can anyone help me out here? I'm pretty sure it had the whole "don't get too close to me" crap too!

That said, I kinda want to ship Shu and Ayase now :P
Ha-cha!
Nov 10, 2011 9:32 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode Shu joining the Undertakers now lets wait and see why and when he will use the pen.

Ayase is tsun tsun but i like his dere dere side alot .

Inori dont liking Shu is a lie there is something more deep problably about the person she looks like and maybe thinking that liking Shu will be like a betray to Gai but will see.

Wait for next episode and what happen with gai after the LAZER attack.
Nov 10, 2011 9:42 PM
Nov 2010
The whole episode I thought Ayase was going to accidentally click that pen while she had it. Hopefully Shu breaks it; if he doesn't I'm sure we'll have the obligatory "leader-finds-out-about-betrayal-and-exiles-kid-who-is-now-hated-by-all-but-then-learns-about-the-enemy-plan-and-comes-back-to-save-the-day" setup.

Oh god, not another orbital laser platform! Add that to the mysterious girl, the mysterious leader who is single-minded and a the whiny lead character - wasn't Eureka Seven already released?

btw, I'm not jaded (although you couldn't guess that) and I like the series, I just hope it expands a bit and tries to break free from the well-worn tropes of this genre.
Nov 10, 2011 9:42 PM
Sep 2008
PeKan said:
Shu is pretty realistic, which I really like about this so far..

This is essentially what i've been getting at, i think I'm a bit too old to be wowed by generic badasses/gary stu's at this age.

7godeohs said:

Oh god, not another orbital laser platform! Add that to the mysterious girl, the mysterious leader who is single-minded and a the whiny lead character - wasn't Eureka Seven already released?

Lol, I'm thinking the same...all the geass comparisons seemed a bit premature...this definitely feels a lot more like Eureka Seven, which i loved so i guess i don't mind.
Nov 10, 2011 10:12 PM

Oct 2011
YES! Inori's feelings are fake! As soon as you see a girl fall in love with a protagonist for no apparent reason, you know this is shounen crap. BUT I'm glad Inori isn't such a heroin. This relationship might still happen, but at least there will be some DEVELOPMENT behind it.

But wait, I thought that in the previous episode, Inori acted on her own in spite of Gai's orders? So what's that all about?

Also, glad to know that Ayase isn't just a boob-on-a-stick, well -- actually she still might be, but being in a wheelchair's definitely made her more interesting.

Overall, Respect + for GC.
Nov 10, 2011 10:41 PM

Sep 2009
Certainly is a twist in my book, she only said those things because Gai told her to... Of course I think Shu deserves a swift kick in the rear for being such a panzy so he got what he deserved.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.