Forum Settings
Forums

Three Movies of Madoka Magica Announced [Confirmed]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Dec 21, 2011 8:19 AM

Apr 2010
ITT : People whining about milking when they're probably excited about the movies anyway.
Dec 26, 2011 11:05 AM

Oct 2011
I'm guessing the 3rd movie will be Mahou Shoujo Oriko Magica animated? I'm interested.
Dec 26, 2011 11:37 AM

Sep 2011
Milking the cash cow, I really hope they are good.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 26, 2011 8:27 PM

Oct 2008
aoumi said:
Ameko01 said:
You know for all the hype over this series, it wasn't all that great really. Will I watch the movies? Yes but only after I have finished the regular series and that is not really a top priority right now for me.

I don't get it. You say you haven't watched it yet, but at the same time "it wasn't all that great really". o.O''

There's a lot of these trolls. If only there were more people that watched it, didn't like it and could actually explain why they didn't like it in more than one sentence...
OmniknightDec 26, 2011 8:50 PM
Dec 27, 2011 10:45 PM

Oct 2011
jmal said:
CrimsonLight said:
I'm guessing the 3rd movie will be Mahou Shoujo Oriko Magica animated? I'm interested.

? They've made it pretty clear this is still Madoka Magica. They wouldn't do two movies as a retelling (or something; the degree of story changes has not been revealed) of the TV series and then animate something else for the third? Check out some of the recent interviews linked a few pages back, the staff describes a bit of their thinking.

Well Mahou Shoujo Oriko Magica IS Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica... Same characters and all except with a few new ones. Just one of the resets that failed.
Jan 8, 2012 1:42 PM

Dec 2010
nekonekogirl said:
I wasn't ready for this.
Jan 8, 2012 4:35 PM
May 2011
Meguka. the series was sooo good. I'm just worried that they'll ruin the whole series with stupid sequels. If Gen Urobuchi's over it then I'm totally fine with it.
Jan 8, 2012 6:53 PM

Jul 2007
Why on earth would you need two feature-length recaps of such a short show. I approve of the new one though. I guess.
Jan 22, 2012 10:18 PM

Sep 2008
Hope the movies improve on the trashy first half of the show where nothing happened.
Jan 25, 2012 11:37 AM

Dec 2008
Don't feed the trolls jmal :<
Feb 28, 2012 7:05 PM

Oct 2008
5layer said:
Hope the movies improve on the trashy first half of the show where nothing happened.

Man, I totally agree! A show is not good unless there are missiles crashing everywhere, the world is being ripped apart by giant lizards, people are stealing/thieving and killing each other, galaxies are thrown around like paper dolls or there is some evil presence constantly devouring the world. Forget taking the time to set up the plot and let's remove pointless drivel like characters talking to each other. Who cares why it's happening! Give me more explosions and moving things! Man... I feel your pain. Writing a post on an anime forum must be extremely boring without having an infinitesimal amount of colours moving and changing every second you look at it.
Feb 28, 2012 8:40 PM

Dec 2008
^ so true lol

Maybe he slept through the first part or watched another show. o.0
Feb 29, 2012 2:04 AM

Oct 2011
im actually really excited for the 3 films. i just loved the series so wat ever they present im sure i will be happy. besides even if there was no dialogue watso ever to me it wouldnt really matter because we already sat through 12 eps of that so we already know everything about the plot and characters. so if they wanted just an action pack movie with the plot explained through the fights i would be fine
Feb 29, 2012 7:14 PM

Dec 2008
^ Best post in the thread ijs.
Feb 29, 2012 8:13 PM

Aug 2011
Omniknight said:
5layer said:
Man, I totally agree! A show is not good unless there are missiles crashing everywhere, the world is being ripped apart by giant lizards, people are stealing/thieving and killing each other, galaxies are thrown around like paper dolls or there is some evil presence constantly devouring the world. Forget taking the time to set up the plot and let's remove pointless drivel like characters talking to each other. Who cares why it's happening! Give me more explosions and moving things! Man... I feel your pain. Writing a post on an anime forum must be extremely boring without having an infinitesimal amount of colours moving and changing every second you look at it.
Yeah dude. Characterization and plot development? Who the fuck wants that? Now that I think about it, fuck writing, man. Rule of coooooooooo. Shit needs to get blow'd up 'n' stuff.

Anyway, I hope the movies aren't straight recaps--more like retellings, like the Macross Frontier movies with some old shit but new shit mixed in too. Most looking forward to the completley new material (3rd movie).

Something tells me the wait is going to be way too long.
Mar 3, 2012 7:36 PM

Oct 2010
So this is going the Evangelion route... that makes me a little sad. But the way it ended, it couldn't really go any other way I guess.

I guess this means 5 years of recap until we get to that new content. Hope those recaps are worth watching at least.
Mar 3, 2012 10:13 PM

Jun 2009
Must.... watch.... epicness...
Not Found (aka 404)

You're looking for something that does not, has not, will not, or must not exist ...

... but you're always welcome to search for it.
Mar 4, 2012 8:59 PM

Nov 2011
The 12 episode run was so complete, I wonder what they're planning to do...
Apr 11, 2012 2:56 PM
Apr 2012
i heard that the first two films will be the origins. the first will either be called "The Beginning Story" or "The Story Begins" and the second will be called "The Story Eternity" while the third film will pick up from where the series left off.

P.S. I hope in the first two it shows the back story of Mami and Kyoko's friendship http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT3McBR9Thk

Also i guess it wouldn't hurt if they'd show some back story on Homura's parents. it never did say how they died, or if they even died at all.
Magica_FanApr 11, 2012 3:30 PM
Apr 11, 2012 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
t
5layer said:

true story. all the important content in the first half could be condensed in 2 (perhaps 1) episode. Hate it when series do this
Apr 11, 2012 3:38 PM
Apr 2012
SeraVerte said:
The 12 episode run was so complete, I wonder what they're planning to do...

they're probably planning on giving the story more of...well a story. the show after all wasn't that long and even though it had so many secrets being found out, there were still stories left untold; Homura's parents, Kyoko and Mami's friendship, Kyosuke's accident (sorry if i spelled his name wrong), the cause of the crash Mami was involved in, more inside detail on Kyoko's family, etc. Not to mention the third film, which will probably determine if Madoka will return or not. which there is without a doubt a possibility she will. what good is a movie without its main character? but i'm still wondering if she'll be able to stay or not. like stay on earth with her friends. but these are all just possibilities. we're going to have to just wait for the films. i just hope someone will post it on Youtube with english subtitles.
Apr 13, 2012 11:22 AM

Dec 2008
The news about both movies coming at the same time kinda shocked me, I was hoping they'll re-animate everything but now I don't know what to think... I guess we might get a few tweaks here and there but also a lot of copy+paste material. I wanted to see something like Macross F movies. :/
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
53 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.