Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 19, 2014 12:52 PM

May 2012
Great episode, I really liked the atmosphere of this one. I do wonder what will happen next!
Dec 7, 2014 1:12 PM

Aug 2013
It was time for... Life Lesson with Will! What a weird guy he was :P
I really thought that he was hidding something, but he's just a simple man who flee war with his love. A simple man full of wisdom, living a simple life. May they find a cure ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ

Next episode, they reunite for sure, or I'm gonna be real mad! May the power of love bring them together! (ಥ_ಥ)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 14, 2015 1:58 PM

Nov 2014
Great episode. Will touched me, what a nice and devoted guy!
Jun 27, 2017 4:47 AM

Jul 2008
The place is what made his wife sick, so common sense says get away from there...Will is a bonafide nut.
Oct 16, 2017 1:49 PM

Jul 2013
Awww, I think that was a really sweet episode!

I really loved Will and the way he cared for his wife. Such a sweet guy <3

I also loved the lifestyle he led.

Although how did she suddenly become so ill just looking at that thing? I don't get what desperation sickness/disease is o_O
Jul 21, 2019 8:46 PM

Apr 2019
So Holland finally is doing something. I wonder what causes the desperation disease. With every new episode I find the lore behind the world even more intriguing. I'm really liking the anime. Also, poor Will.
Dec 12, 2019 1:33 PM

Nov 2016
This was pretty interesting and I immediately took a liking to Will. The way he spends his days is truly bittersweet, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 27, 2020 12:22 PM

Nov 2019
''it's called desperation disease because the people around the patient fall into despair
but i haven't fallen into despair so its not desperarion disease''
Dec 23, 2020 3:49 AM

Jul 2017
Pretty good episode again, even if it was a detour. Favorite two episodes of the show so far since they're ones I like with no real issues to point out and good characterization in both.

Will and Martha were nice together, especially Will for taking care of Martha like that in her vegetative state due to the Desperation Syndrome she suffered. It just shows that love has no boundaries. Renton's taken their relationship to heart and wishes to truly be with Eureka now no matter what problems both he and her have faced physically and even psychologically.
Apr 13, 2021 4:57 PM
Mar 2018
Kinda sad seeing Will's situation at least he hasn't lost hope. In his flashback we see more unexplained fighting, really wish the show would explain what the military is fighting for or why the gekkostate is anti-miltia. Especially since it seems there is no concept of countries just different people and regions.
Apr 13, 2021 5:01 PM
Mar 2018
Qashqai said:
I like this episode, Will has some good beliefs. And he's so dedicated to his wife. It's touching.
Also, asfskljg, the scene where Holland remembers about old days with Charles. Dat music. Got shivers from this.
Loved the music in this episode in general.
BTW I like the song which the title of this episode comes from a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7OMy0NWGE :')

Did u just use text spam in 2012 !?
Oct 12, 2021 2:57 AM

Mar 2016
This nomadic journey Renton is having is all around a great experience for him, he has learned many lessons going out and about since he left Gekko, this time he came face to face with Will and his wife wich sufferers the desperation disease. For someone whose soulmate's higher brain function has been locked away by the disease Will is a really strong man. He cared for his wife and for the land and never fell to the pits of despair despite everything.

Renton meeting Will is somewhat like a means for justifying Renton's action to leave Charles and Ray. Will made it clear that if Renton has someone he loved, he should strive to be by their side until the very end. Even with Martha's imperfection, Will still cares for her, so Renton should be taking note of this when dealing with Eureka. Although the two pairs have vastly different circumstances. They're similar in a way.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.