Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 7, 2014 10:55 AM

Aug 2013
Waaa- Dominic was able to read... a map? What, I don't even...

It's obvious that Charles reconized the GekkoState member wheel. I hope he's not just using him to get closer to the GekkoState... Because if so, it will only hurt him in the end. I think Renton have received enough shit in the face since the beginning.

Anyway, that new couple is really cool and charismatic. Of course, it is hidding something since it's just too ''perfect''. It's too ''clean'', like if they wanted to erase their past.

The discussion between Gidjet and Eureka was cute. It show how Eureka is changing and people are now more willing to approach her.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 27, 2015 10:22 AM

Aug 2014
Charles and Ray are pretty cool so far. Sadly I forsee their death in the future.
Aug 5, 2016 8:03 PM

Jun 2016
I am enjoyed this episode a lot more than almost all of the others. Renton is actually being treated like a human being with these new people whom we nothing about. Thats ok though because it feels like par for the course for his show! I mean why is the world the way it is? How did Rentons dad save the world? What is the crew of the Gekkos motivations? Is the government bad? I don't know because nothing has been explained!

All I know is that to me none of the characters from the Gekko have any appeal... In fact I actually dislike most of them. Even if this new group that Renton is with turns out to violently oppose the Gekko ship I would root for this new duo, unless something drastic happens. I really hope Renton doesn't go back...
Sep 30, 2016 1:57 AM

Sep 2014
I hope they adopt him. I like that couple already more then most of Gekko state.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 22, 2017 6:39 AM

Jul 2008
I think I'm in agreement with everyone, I'm digging Ray Charles more than Gekko.
Sep 23, 2017 7:49 AM

Nov 2014
Finally got to see one of these tectonic shifts people keep talking about in action, scary stuff wonder what's causing them.

Charles and Ray seem like pretty cool characters and totally don't remind me of any characters from an older series nuh uh not at all.
Oct 11, 2017 1:36 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah, so far the supposed enemies have treated Renton way better than the Gecko crew. They are really nice and friendly to him and took him in.

I too enjoyed this episode more than most of the others, mostly because of the new characters and agree that that most of the Gecko crew aren't that great.
Oct 12, 2017 2:09 PM
Mar 2017
I thought they put drugs while he slept haha ...

in the middle of the poor neighborhood they start to party and dance haha
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jul 21, 2019 8:19 PM

Apr 2019
Eureka learning about love... I was really mad about Renton naivety when he was stolen LMAO, but the most important question is: Why Hap was shitting naked? Interesting how the villains are treating Renton, but there is clearly something really suspect about it.
Dec 12, 2019 8:04 AM

Nov 2016
The techno part was pretty wtf xD

Charles and Ray are awesome and I like how they treat Renton, but it's kinda sad knowing that their relationship isn't meant to last long.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 9, 2020 3:53 PM

Mar 2018
Charles and Ray is everything that Renton's old crew isn't. I wish he'd stay with them.
Oct 26, 2020 10:09 PM

Jul 2012
I'm liking Renton's development so far, particularly the moment where he realizes he was just blinding listening to ray=out and not thinking about how he could lift in his own way to make himself happy.
Nov 27, 2020 11:58 AM

Nov 2019
Ah Eureka the word 'love' got tossed into your head :)

I really love Ray and Charles, they seem like great people
Dec 23, 2020 2:31 AM

Jul 2017
That rave party was just... bizarre lol. No idea what on earth was going on there except the fact that Renton met Ray and Charles there (Renton really got some moves too with that fist-pump dance).

Ray and Charles already have more charisma in their pinkie fingers than the entirety of Gekkostate combined, and they treated Renton nicely here. Definitely worth staying with them more than Gekkostate for sure. But as we know, this relationship and bond ain't meant to last, especially since the show's made it clear that Charles has some sort of rivalry with Holland and its all going to end up with Renton re-joining that squadron after he sees Eureka or the crew again and feels like he wants to go back.

Also Eureka's convo with Gidget was short but sweet as Gidget wants to become close friends with Eureka and even talks to her about how Eureka loves Renton as she's happy to see him from a distance let alone when talking to him. Eureka's pretty dense though regarding stuff like that so we'll see how she breaks out of her shell in that regard.

Apr 12, 2021 12:12 PM
Mar 2018
Charles and his wife are cool ass characters nice to see some world-building with different types of people who fight in LFOs and different types of LFOs. I have an ominous feeling that they're going to die... Besides that we learn how the world came to be with tectonic shifts causing those plume-like landforms
Oct 11, 2021 7:45 PM

Mar 2016
An adolescent sentimental journey to find one's purpose and role in life so unfamiliar to him...

Now that Renton has nowhere to go he became a homeless kid temporarily before he met Ray & Beam, a couple who're supposed to be his enemies had he remained in Gekkostate. Honestly, they got all that Gekkostate has and more. They're married to one another so ofc the aircraft they're on is cleaner and prettier. The food is more homemade and they're made with love. It fills not just Renton's stomach but also his heart. Not to mention how eager and charismatic Charles is and how enthusiastic he is in showing Renton his own way of life. Unlike the people in the Gekko who wished Renton to grow up and man the fuck up, not caring about his feelings or interest. Charles allows Renton to be the kid he is, not forcing him to evolve too rapidly, letting him bask in the joy of childhood.

Knowing that Dewey recruited Ray & Beam to fight against the Gekkostate, I honestly wish that it'll come to a point where Renton strike back at his former comrade, even if it's just a tiny bit. Let the Gekko feel just how threatening Renton is when he turned his back on Gekkostate.

Meanwhile, Gidget is teaching Eureka the concept of love, here's hoping Eureka starting to understand how much she meant to Renton.

Aug 31, 2023 5:07 AM
Jul 2019
the dancing part is really wholesome, everyone just in the groove. i like charles and her wife atm they treated renton like their own child compared to how the whole gekko crew does to him.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.