Forum Settings
Forums

Anime in above user's "dropped" list that they should reconsider

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2011 6:52 PM

Oct 2011
@mdz

I've only watched 7 of the animes in your dropped list, but it's somewhat easy to follow your reasons as you made note of that. I really think you ought to give Durarara!! another chance since you've only watched 6 episodes and the story gets better after that. I highly recommend watching a couple more episodes and then see if you really like it or not. =)
Oct 20, 2011 7:21 PM
Feb 2011
@Arriscas

Persona: Trinity Soul, Chobits, and Ao no Exorcist. You only had a few episodes for each of those left.
­
Oct 20, 2011 7:37 PM

Sep 2011
RitsuTainaka said:
@Arriscas

Persona: Trinity Soul, Chobits, and Ao no Exorcist. You only had a few episodes for each of those left.

Haven't seen two of those, but I also enjoyed Chobits, however it is obviously quite ecchi. I'd like to add D.Gray-man onto that list though, it's got a very nice story line, some unique character development as well as some twists later on in the story to keep you glued to the screen O.O

@ RitsuTainaka
As for you, I agree with everything you dropped =D
Oct 20, 2011 8:19 PM

Aug 2011
I have only got a couple in my dropped list but the ones I have there will most likely make you guys rage at me lol. They just got boring for me.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Elmunso
Oct 20, 2011 8:28 PM
Feb 2010
Elitsu, I find it funny that you dropped Shuffle!, but have Air, Angel Beats, Toradora, Fruits Basket and Chobits so highly rated. I thought Shuffle! was one of the few harem shows that didn't suck.
Oct 20, 2011 8:54 PM

Aug 2011
elitsu said:
@elmunso

death note, at least til L dies cuz he's the only reason worth watching that anime lol

I have not put the episodes I have watched in there because I forgot what episode I watched to but, I did watch it to L died then it became boring.
Oct 20, 2011 9:26 PM

Sep 2008
Elmunso

Higurashi, durarara and baccano....

REALLLY?

especially durara and baccano are some of the most orignal anime i ve seen.
have some patience and plant ur ass on the seat and watch a few episodes.
YES THe first episode is as confusing as hell and nothing make sense but blaah I won't argue with u in here.

Your probably not into watching more intellectual anime as like 99% of the anime you've completed are action or ecchi
Oct 20, 2011 9:30 PM

Aug 2011
Kaminator said:
Elmunso

REALLLY?

YES THe first episode is as confusing as hell and nothing make sense but blaah I won't argue with u in here.

Your probably not into watching more intellectual anime as like 99% of the anime you've completed are action or ecchi

Lol I will go back and watch them at some point and my list is no where near complete I keep forgetting to put anime I have watched in there. The main ones on the list is me going down the Top anime list and slowly watching the ones that catch my eye.
Oct 20, 2011 9:36 PM

Sep 2008
Elmunso said:
Kaminator said:
Elmunso

REALLLY?

Lol I will go back and watch them at some point and my list is no where near complete I keep forgetting to put anime I have watched in there. The main ones on the list is me going down the Top anime list and slowly watching the ones that catch my eye.

IMO the top anime list on here is pretty troll and unreliable lol. Because silly user fan boys go and troll up the rating so badly. lol
I disagree with the broken top anime list. Like theres anime thats lower rated listed ABOVE a higher rated one. REALLY?
Oct 20, 2011 9:45 PM

Aug 2011
@Kaminator.
I have been watching anime on and off for some years now. I have been on MAl for a while but only really just started using it, and getting back in to anime in a bigger way.

Is there any really good anime you could recommend that i don't have on my list, that i should watch if the top anime list is unreliable? ( I didn't know how the rankings really worked)

I am going to back and watch Baccano! soon.
I watched a few episodes of Durarara!! but i never got in to it, I don't think it was my style.
With Higurashi I watched the first story part and it freaked the hell out of me lol so i never went back after that.
Oct 20, 2011 9:53 PM

Sep 2008
@ Elmunso, moving the chat to ur profile since ur asking for recommendations.

somone go salvage my drop list and tell me what i should pick up kthnx
KaminatorOct 20, 2011 9:59 PM
Oct 20, 2011 9:55 PM

Sep 2011
@Elmunso's

i highly recommend you watch the first four animes on your dropped list

Baccano!- fantastic great characters along with a great story line 9/10

bakemonogatari- very wierd, slow at time, its ghost stories with some weird developments. characters are good. but overall enjoyment factor is through the roof 9/10

Death Note- do i need to say any more, watch one of the most popular shows in anime. great characters all memorable! i guess you would say second part of death not not near as good as the first part. but thats hard to compete with or compare to. 10/10

Durarara!!- personally my favorite anime ive seen. first 4 episodes are basically introductions, once you get past that its a great view. you ask how are these character going to mesh. well after watching the mesh very well in a great anime driven by every element! must watch! 10/10
Oct 20, 2011 10:12 PM
Oct 21, 2011 5:42 AM

Nov 2007
@RadiGen:

A lot...

07-GHOST, Anohana, AoEx, Asura Cryin', Baka Test, Bungaku Shoujo, D.N.Angel, Fractale, Genshiken, Gosick, Inuyasha, K-ON!, Kami nomi Series, Kamisama no Memochou, Kimi ni Todoke, Nabari no Ou,Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi,Otome Youkai Zakuro, Ouran High School Host Club, Shion no Ou, Tsubasa Chronicle OVAs (not TV series, especially 2nd Season), WORKING!!, Vampire Knight, Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou.

Those are personally good and thinks that they are too good to drop.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 21, 2011 5:47 AM

Jun 2011
@tsubasalover

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Last Exile(it's so awesome later), Midori no Hibi
Duhuhu...
Oct 21, 2011 6:52 AM

Mar 2009
@reyvateilsmelody
first off, I absolutely love your list! It is amazing!

Anyway, going from your "on-hold" list since I see nothing I think you should pick up again from the dropped list (just not familiar with them), I'd say that you should finish up the first half of Death Note (the first half storywise, it's more than 50% of the show in terms of episode count, but you'll know when you've hit the end of the first half, you just will). I don't think the second half is worth watching all that much, but I think the payoff for the first half is more than worth it.
Oct 21, 2011 7:25 AM

Jul 2011
@FallnKnightFakir

Ghost in the Shell: SAC really deserves a reconsider in my opinion. I read your thoughts on the show and if the only thing that you got from the entire series was "panty shots" you were definitely looking at the wrong thing.
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Oct 21, 2011 7:28 AM

Jul 2009
@jrgcool35

TTGL - to be fair, I haven't finished the anime myself, but I like the manga - it's a fun short story and you stated you may pick it back up.

Oct 21, 2011 7:42 AM

Dec 2010
Don't know how much you've seen of Toradora, but it's generally considered a pretty good rom-com even for people that don't like the usual loli tsundere setup. Give it a couple of episodes, your first impression might've been misleading.
Oct 21, 2011 8:53 AM

Jan 2009
@nznznz

Definitely Deathnote and FMA: Brotherhood. Both are excellent as is Code Geass
Any reason you dropped them? They are all pretty well regarded in general.

@elitsu
Seriously? No spoiler tag or something? How can you recommend that someone finish Deathnote after you just revealed a HUGE event in the story?
Oct 21, 2011 8:57 AM

May 2011
You should reconsider...You didn't drop any? O.o
''I was dead serious''

Oct 21, 2011 9:13 AM

Jan 2009
Well, the only ones that are REALLY close are Trigun, FLCL and Iron Man.
Oct 21, 2011 9:17 AM

Aug 2011
@junitodx
DON'T DROP TRIGUN! It turns all mature and manly after episode 17...

@BlackteZz
Nothing really... Gintama has some very good episodes, but most of them are crappy :/
Oct 21, 2011 9:59 AM

Mar 2009
@Tiago97 - Someday, you might give the original Evangelion another try. Other than that, I couldn't agree more.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Oct 21, 2011 10:08 AM

Jul 2010
@lisnoire

Bakuman. most of the other dropped on your list are harems so i thought this would be a better pick to start back on. it's a little slow i admit, but it does get better. give it a try again sometime if you're bored.

Oct 21, 2011 10:10 AM

Jan 2009
@lisnoire Yuyu Hakusho and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Oct 21, 2011 10:13 AM

Aug 2011
@Another_Unknown
Hunter x Hunter
Oct 21, 2011 10:22 AM

Jun 2011
nothing to say really....
maybe start reading the Ranma 1/2 manga instead?
The anime ending was just a cliff hanger
Oct 21, 2011 10:47 AM

Sep 2011
You could try giving Aria another chance.
Oct 21, 2011 10:51 AM

Oct 2011
nothing really to reconsider. maybe shiki, but that's a bit of a stretch since it keeps moving at a slow pace for a while.
Oct 21, 2011 10:58 AM
Feb 2011
@ pantyshots

You dropped Lucky Star after the infamous first episode. It gets much better after that because the directer responsible for it was fired.
­
Oct 21, 2011 11:07 AM

Jun 2009
@pantyshots

Angel Beats. The final two or three eps is the only thing that makes this show even worth watching
Oct 21, 2011 12:28 PM

Jul 2010
@grandy_UiD

Bakemonogatari. not really worth watching the rest of the series, but if you liked hitagi hunt for the last episode with her. it's quite interesting. :D

Oct 21, 2011 1:04 PM

Oct 2011
Honey and Clover or Nodame Cantabile. Both are beautiful and the former will make anyone who's been in love cry. ;_;
Oct 21, 2011 1:10 PM

Sep 2011
gundam wing, come on man

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 21, 2011 1:35 PM

Oct 2011
Only if you pick up the rest of Lovely Complex. ;)
Oct 21, 2011 1:39 PM

Jul 2009
@ mippa
Panty and Stocking is great - the end in particular; it's worth it just for that.

Oct 21, 2011 1:49 PM

Jul 2010
@Queen_Stars

Toradora! well that's a first, it's a great and fresh anime. you should try it again, it's one of the best romances in my opinion even if it has a tsundere. if you're bored give it another chance, have fun!

Oct 21, 2011 1:51 PM

Mar 2011
Death Note
Elfen Lied
Neon Genesis Evangelion
inqquw.jpg
Oct 21, 2011 2:09 PM

Sep 2011
@ grandy_UiD
Dance in the Vampire Bund - Man how can you watch over half this series and not like it? I think you just ran into the 1-2 filler episodes in the middle there, but surprisingly they have a meaning that is revealed later on, stick with it!

@ mippa
Jyu Oh Sei - It gets pretty good later on with some romance but mainly some pretty nice fight scenes and an end plot turn that is surprising.

@ Aruetha
Claymore - Definitely an anime worth watching hands down, it's one of my personal favorites. (I feel like I've already said this earlier in the thread but I couldn't find my post so sorry if this is a repeat)
Oct 21, 2011 2:24 PM

Mar 2011
@CanAPanda

to watch this I should find original version, not with english dub. ;c
inqquw.jpg
Oct 21, 2011 4:15 PM
Nov 2009
@ CanApanda Gun X Sword- Van is a pretty bad ass. It's also meant to be a parody anime, maybe you took it too seriously? It's pretty funny.

@ Aruetha Claymore- I see you've only seen 5 episodes. It gets much better, trust me. Incredible fight scenes and bad ass villians.

@ Angel_Beats Death Note- lol duh. Dropping it after 3 episodes is pretty harsh. It gets REALLY good a few more episodes in and never lets up. I strongly reccomend you reconsider.
Oct 21, 2011 4:19 PM

Mar 2009
sliverofdivinity - Baccano! or Welcome to the NHK!
Oct 21, 2011 4:45 PM

Sep 2011
Aruetha said:
@CanAPanda

to watch this I should find original version, not with english dub. ;c

Really? I enjoyed the dubbed version but either way you wont loose out on the good stuff, regardless of the version definitely watch it, even sliverofdivinity agrees haha (I don't think she saw that I had already suggested you give it another shot lol)

@ sliverofdivinity
Fruits Basket - Cmon, I'm a boy and I even enjoyed this which I'm pretty sure is geared more for girls but I do know quite a few people who loathed it. In my opinion it's worth watching, good story line, romance and some minor action.
Spice and Wolf - Not sure if you were watching this in subbed or dubbed but it's a lot easier to follow in dubbed since is a very dialog based series. It's up on my favorites list so you know I'm a fan =P

@ Bagonirix
-.-
Oct 21, 2011 5:03 PM

Mar 2010
@ Silverofdivinity

How da fuck you dropped Blood + and Spice & Wolf ? LoL. They're awesome .Blood + is fucking nice,but some guys do not like for some reason...but Spice & Wolf ? Unbeliavable lol.

@CaNaPanda

Slayers, its a old anime but real fun
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2011 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
Clannad - you liked angel beats
Oct 21, 2011 5:40 PM

Aug 2011
@BeYourself
you really should rewatch Clannad. I had watched the first 7 and didn't really like it so i quit it. Then I rewatched it and got more into it. It will definitely be worth it, especially once you get into After Story.

@jpem
you don't have any dropped anime, so i didn't do you.
Oct 21, 2011 5:43 PM

Mar 2011
@kanarii

5 centimeters a second? I mean, I didn't like it that much either, so it's not too convincing... Chihayafuru looks to be quite a good anime, I think it may do well, though if it's not for you...
Oct 21, 2011 5:47 PM

Aug 2011
@InfiniteRyvius, i finished 2/3 of it and it just went really slow and didn't really have much of a story, but that was just my opinoin & I meant to put Chihayafuru on my on- hold. I was going to wait until there was more to it. C:
Oct 21, 2011 6:31 PM

Jul 2010
@kanarii

Dog Days. i'm going to be honest i haven't bothered to watch this series, but if it wasn't too bad for you i'm sure you can give it another chance if you're bored seeing that there's a second season coming around sometime.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Like, dislike, ehh, or no opinion v10 ( 1 2 3 )

Kunii - Apr 18

128 by iHateAnimeBro »»
39 seconds ago

» This or That? v6 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - May 6, 2022

6381 by Baby-Bee »»
3 minutes ago

» Ask the person below you a question. v34 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 28

4316 by Baby-Bee »»
4 minutes ago

» Oh no! The user above you died! But how!? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sweetcats - Oct 17, 2016

2738 by Baby-Bee »»
6 minutes ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v22 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - May 3

2387 by Baby-Bee »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.