Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 11, 2008 9:59 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Sadly this is one of the titles hit by Tokyopop's cut backs. [Source]

I'm very sad about this, I was hoping it would go on with a bi yearly release at least. I don't see it getting picked up again personally. Iif it does then they may start all over again from the beginning, which them would take forever to get back to this point.
Jul 14, 2008 7:20 AM
Dec 2007
Right now I feel like killing Tokyopop....
DeletedAccount23Jul 14, 2008 12:43 PM
Jul 13, 2009 1:36 PM

Jun 2008
I is not so happy. I may even go with scans, anyone know where a good translation is? I am that desperate to continue this series.

RtheO
Nov 6, 2009 2:29 PM

Oct 2009
The manga was published in a German manga magazine but they never released the real mangas here... -.- I loved the story!
Jul 2, 2010 12:46 PM
Mar 2010
Well, I have practically all the Kindaichi volumes there is including the Cases, Challenge/Files and several of the one shot (ie; the Black Magic, Snow Spirit etc one). The original one ended with the Rukia kidnapping mystery (not the best mystery in the story IMO despite having Takatoo <3 in it). Does the TokyoPop got to that point or did they just ended it abruptly?

Well the ending is

There's also the Akechi cases but I think (some of?) the cases has already been published in the original Kindaichi before. They just take it out and put all of them in the Akechi volumes.

In short, I don't think you guys are missing anything important when TokyoPop dropped this series. Detective Conan and Detective School Q has a main plot to reached (especially DC with its foreshadowing and subtle character development) whilst Kindaichi series doesn't seems to have it (main plot and character development) at all. Still enjoying this series however.
ziggy-stardustJul 7, 2010 12:33 AM
Oct 12, 2010 11:58 PM

Oct 2008
From what I read on Wiki... Tokyopop stopped at vol. 17... at that point Takatou Youichi hasn't appeared yet... in fact if you go by case... as long as you don't finish vol. 17 (end before reading about Kaitou Shinshi) then you're golden XD It's after appearance of Takatou Youichi that people from past cases started making cameo appearances or become recurring characters XD

I'm also a fan of this series XD Though I haven't started reading all the new ones in second part XD

By the way... Who's Rukia? I don't believe there's a Rukia in the series

EDIT: Okay so Tokyopop is publishing on Case per vol basis (with Kindaichi being killer suspect separated into 2 vols)... In that case... only three more cases left before the end of the series for first part o.o;; Man what a bad move. At least keep it up until end of first part so people can at least mark the series as complete o.o;;
StarSiderealOct 13, 2010 12:22 AM
Dec 27, 2010 6:12 AM

Feb 2010
ziggy-stardust said:
Well, I have practically all the Kindaichi volumes there is including the Cases, Challenge/Files and several of the one shot (ie; the Black Magic, Snow Spirit etc one). The original one ended with the Rukia kidnapping mystery (not the best mystery in the story IMO despite having Takatoo <3 in it). Does the TokyoPop got to that point or did they just ended it abruptly?

Well the ending is

Wow you're quite a fan. I own every series of kindaichi (chinese manga) too except the new ones where I have to read the chines translated released online.

I'm a big fan too !

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo: File Series Chapter 219 Discussion

MAYANK22 - Feb 13

0 by MAYANK22 »»
Feb 13, 1:25 PM

» Headless samurai case confusion?

MAYANK22 - Feb 12

0 by MAYANK22 »»
Feb 12, 8:02 AM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo: File Series Chapter 28 Discussion

verumotto - Aug 27, 2022

0 by verumotto »»
Aug 27, 2022 2:55 AM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo: File Series Chapter 13 Discussion

t0prak - Mar 15, 2020

0 by t0prak »»
Mar 15, 2020 1:21 AM

Poll: » Volume 2: The Mummy's Curse Murder Discussion

Mayuka - Mar 3, 2013

3 by t0prak »»
Mar 3, 2020 12:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.