Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 27, 2013 12:27 AM

Jan 2013
Not going to get my hopes up for a kiss between the two, or even a hug.
But hopefully they become a couple
Jun 10, 2013 1:05 AM

Jul 2012
So much sexual tension between Ko and Ohana's Mom.
Jun 22, 2013 12:38 PM

Nov 2008
CDenver said:
So much sexual tension between Ko and Ohana's Mom.
Jul 3, 2013 8:54 PM

Nov 2012
hehe finally ohana and kou-chan meet XD
damn it is just too cute and romantic XD
and yes! XD I cant wait see kou meeting ohana in bonbori festival XD

Sep 18, 2013 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Stake a bit more sympathetic dellla previous, not that that was boring, only this can make me laugh a lot more. The designs are beautiful everywhere and backdrops are divine, shame about the plot we present an evolution so easy. In real life is much more complicated. Colors and animations promoted! Both Takako's mother are Ohana MC's
Nov 13, 2013 12:41 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
More Tomoe please! It was so funny seeing her fake her voice and lying about her age.

I hope that Kissuiso isn't shut down. But I bet Ohana has to work for it.

God, Ko is so bland. You might was well had called him: "Avatar for male viewer"
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 3, 2014 5:34 PM

Aug 2011
HatsumiShinogu said:
I wanted Tohru to at least confess to Ohana. It is pretty obvious he will be rejected for many reasons but I didn't want things to end this way.

Well, even if Tohru and Ohana didn't end up together, I don't want him to end up with Minko. I would be happier if he fell for Nakochi.

I know a lot of you don't expect things to happen in three episodes but they could. The Bonbori Festival is almost here, so this could be a good chance for Minko to get what she wants. The same for the others.

I agree, Minko is one of my least favorite character in the series. I will admit that she is nothing less than a girl confused and muddled with unrequited love, but her selfish and pushy behavior was quite unneeded. Honestly, it wouldn't be worth it if all it took for Minko to be happy was Tohru -- or, maybe that's just me being really sulky over things most likely ending with Ohana x Kou and not Ohana x Tohru -- but, anyway, I'm not satisfied with the probable ending, sadly...
Sep 12, 2014 7:51 PM

Jul 2014
the classic fateful encounter on a bridge. the managers not looking as swoll as usual
Apr 5, 2015 4:19 PM

Jun 2013
really great episode!
only 3 left :(
Jul 24, 2015 11:20 AM

Aug 2011

Why not? I hoped...
Aug 11, 2015 11:01 AM

Jul 2014
I would be nervous around Ohana's mom too, jeez... *__*
Beanman once again proves why he's the MVP. Wish I had an old guy around like him to console me
for some reason I laughed really hard when Ohana was being interviewed and Nako casually walked in and then quickly fled when she saw the camera xD
Nearing the end...nooooooooooooooo :'(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2016 10:57 AM
Jul 2014
That was so sad episode, and I'm sure a couple more follows... I only wish in the final everything gets OK, I wish for a happy ending!
Jul 21, 2016 7:00 PM
Jan 2012
finally definitive ko meet ohana
Liked scene Takako flung/throw the director of movie.
I felt a slight embarrassment ko-chan seeing the movie with her mother's ohana, but in the end he reacted well.
I was a little disappointed it did not have visited it during the anime, but still the story is going well.
May 22, 2017 7:14 AM

Jun 2013
Satsuki was entertaining as usual, and Takako's self defense moves caught me off-guard. Oh yeah, and Tomoe was pretty funny. That's about it. It was okay. Most dramatic stakes have lost their meaning to me long ago, so I'm just watching to snark at the screen.

Farabeuf said:
God, Ko is so bland. You might was well had called him: "Avatar for male viewer"

Which is especially stupid because he's not the protagonist. But it seems to me that the executives commissioning this show simply didn't trust the viewers to be able to see things from Ohana's perspective. It's too bad, as they could have made that effort on the viewer's part easier by making Ohana more consistent, less stupid and at least have a crush on a character that isn't just a cardboard cutout. Or, if she absolutely had to be like this, they could have done something interesting with her. But no.

Though I have no proof of this, what I believe was really important to these people, was that the "straight male demographic" (in quotes because it's still a very diverse group of people) would easily be able to believe that Ohana (and her mom and the library girl) could hypothetically be interested in them. Whether the measures taken in order to make that happen would compromise the story never mattered to them one bit. Of course, this practice is almost ubiquitous in mass media, so I'm probably not saying anything new. I find nothing wrong with a show that aims to be a product with good sales (most art and entertainment kind of has to be anyways, especially in mass media). It's only an issue for me when the product itself is compromised to this extent. If I hadn't seen the potential in this show initially, I wouldn't be so dismayed.

Oh, and all of the above also applies to Tohru, resident Mr. Perfect, who just happens to be both a self insert for the edgier viewers, and also eye candy material (with bare minimum effort at that, given how his design is only slightly less bland than Ko's).
LeeTailorMay 22, 2017 8:23 AM
Jul 25, 2017 11:50 AM

Sep 2015
I think this series has been fairly honest about what it is from the very beginning. It may have dabbled in yuri as moe is want to do. But it was always at its core a straight romance. It was always going to be about whether Ohana ends up with Kou. And whether Minchi ends up Tohru. It's just unfortunate because I could care less about the romantic relationships of the series. And if it weren't for them clogging up screen time I'd find the endgame of this show really engaging.

It's a weird bit of serendipity, that I watched this episode while my own place of work was struggling. The plot of trying to work like normal while your impending closing looms over you was all too real. And it's a clever way to end a series like this. I may not care about their love interests. But at this point in the game I do like Ohana, Nako and Minchi. The fact they're probably soon to separate is a sad one to me. Even if it was inevitable from the start. Saying goodbye to the job they hated at first. Which taught them about life. And gave them strong lasting friendships with each other. Is some powerful stuff. Whether the show can tap into that. Amid the game of who ends up with who. Is another question.
Nov 19, 2017 1:34 PM

Aug 2015
Satsuki and Kou meeting up was something I didn't expect. The video of Kissui Inn was a great way to show that they're both still considering their feelings towards Ohana. Loved the scene of Tomoe in the video as well. Satsuki's mannerisms and behaviour feel so realistic and make her shine as a character especially alongside someone as bland as Kou. The meeting at the end made me roll my eyes at how generic it was. As for Kisui Inn shutting down, I'll hope what Ren said about the landlady not changing her mind doesn't ring true this time.
Feb 1, 2018 9:45 AM
Jan 2018
after episode 21 the show suddenly takes a different turn and we are almost at the end and i don't like that the show takes a twist
Dec 30, 2018 5:30 PM

Nov 2016
Hell yeah, Takako ftw.

Very nice episode, I espescially enjoyed Satsuki and Ko watching the movie.

And we finally got the long anticipated chance meeting. So excited.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 4, 2019 12:19 PM

Jul 2016
Kou still having hopes after more than six months seems a bit unrealistic but it's somehow sweet at the same time.

His encounter and interactions with Satsuki were interesting to see as well and although she didn't have the full picture of Ohana and Kou's relationship (she thought he dumped Ohana), she managed to help him in the end.

And also, I must say that I was feeling as nervous as Kou when he was alone at the office with Satsuki. Honestly, I never know what to expect from her and that's what makes her character so difficult to dislike.
Apr 23, 2020 12:40 PM
Jun 2015
That was a really great episode. interactions between Ohana and her aunt, on the other hand Ko and Ohana's mother, it was great.

Ohana is not like bland coffee- loved this line. Yattaaaaaaaaa
Jun 20, 2021 4:24 PM

Mar 2019
Aight, it's 2:22 am, I need to go to sleep, even though I wanted to finish this today, but the ending for this episode is the best time for me to go sleep and finish this tomorrow since the climax will likely happen soon.

Again, Ohana's mother showing how great she is, and now Takako as well, protecting Ohana while swiftly dealing with the shit. Good episode and again, THAT ENDING!!!! Please get together and have a happy ending, unlike another romcom I watched :(
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 2, 2021 9:58 AM

Jun 2020
Seems like a normal day for everyone even though knowing the fact that the Inn is closing

Ohana's coming back to Tokyo while Takako is with her, Kou got a little talk with Ohana's mother as well and he seems a bit nervous

And they finally saw each other I wonder how this will turn out to be.
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
May 2020
satsuki is always great

ohana and kouchan met??
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2011

173 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.