Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2008 6:08 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Learning more about the crew and Renton trying to fit in.
Mystery people and the start of episode, not sure what they're planning.
Oct 9, 2008 8:22 AM

Nov 2007
Poor Renton-kun:(.
Nov 8, 2008 9:18 AM

Sep 2008
Well Eureka Seven not really being the mother those kids explains a lot, but still it will be interesting to find out how she came in contact with these children and her decision to take care of them, which was really nice of her =)

Jun 1, 2009 10:35 PM

Jan 2009
Cool ep. The music during the smuggling operation was amazing!

Dec 10, 2009 12:29 PM

Sep 2008
Heh, good for Renton-kun that these kids ain't Eureka's ^^
Dec 18, 2009 9:46 PM

Jul 2009
Hmmm...at least Talho is hot..i think i can bear watching it till the end for her..unless she died
Aug 9, 2010 7:02 PM

Mar 2009
Laevantein said:
Hmmm...at least Talho is hot..i think i can bear watching it till the end for her..unless she died

Talho may be hot, lol but i have a feeling she's going to annoy me throughout the series. -_-

Sep 14, 2011 7:51 PM

Aug 2010
Laevantein said:
Hmmm...at least Talho is hot.

My thoughts exactly.
Feb 1, 2012 3:52 PM

Dec 2009
Yeah Talho is hot indeed. Too bad she's a fucking bitch -_-'
Feb 9, 2012 8:38 AM
Jan 2012
Bitch Talho is bitch.
Feb 18, 2012 1:50 PM

Mar 2011
Sucks that they got ripped off on the smuggling mission. I wonder if Holland took the person's life lololol
Aug 17, 2012 11:04 AM
Feb 2008
Did Renton really think Eureka popped those kids out? I mean she probably isn't human but she looks the same age as him.
Sep 10, 2012 6:56 PM

Jul 2012
dude... I honestly thought the gekkostate guys were just a bunch of poop heads when they all denied Renton's idea... Now... NOW I FEEL LIKE A POOP HEAD :c

They were totally cool man, both in ideals and skills. My bad gekkostate.

My bad...
Sep 13, 2012 5:04 PM
Mar 2012
I;m starting to dislike renton he is back and forth.When things go bad, he'as mad and it "sucks" when they pick up he loves the gekko state! I just can't stand it. Also talho is pissing me off. on the upside it was an OK episode.
Nov 17, 2012 9:52 AM

Sep 2010
Knew those kids were not hers they are orphans!

Poor Renton's idea was shot down and after the mission he was forced to clean. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 5, 2013 5:27 PM

Jan 2013
Not entirely sure what exactly 'lift' is and that green stuff.
Basically they're air surfers.
Apr 7, 2013 2:49 PM
Apr 2012
RediceRyan said:
Not entirely sure what exactly 'lift' is and that green stuff.
Basically they're air surfers.

They are transparant blabla particles, basicly the (special) aircurrents. Lifting is the skyboarding thing they all do. Either by themselves or with their LFO.

This episode was beyond silly at times and had many eyeroll moments but I guess it was still enjoyable. And I think this ''we don't lift for money'' thing is a kind of overly clichéd 'ideal'. Probably the reason is something between the lines of ''We don't lift for money because we do it because we love it and don't want to ask money for it'', but if people love to watch them do it to the point that they are willing to pay for it then what is wrong with that? What is wrong with earning money by doing something you love? The only other alternative is that they have to commit crimes like smuggling organs and as a side-effect their fans won't be able to see them lift either. So yeah, pretty stupid 'ideal' if you ask me.
Jun 12, 2013 7:05 AM

Jan 2012
I'm surprised anyone can be surprised that those kids aren't hers. I thought that was kind of obvious. Anyway, the mission was pretty good.

Jul 11, 2013 2:38 PM

Mar 2012
I don't understand if the writers wanted me to laugh, or even chuckle at Renton being treated like crap all the time and have to do odd ball stuff...that seems to be the only comedy this show has right now, and it's a terrible attempt at comedy...couple that with Renton's level of density which pushes the boundary a lot and it hurts to watch this show....Hope it starts getting good soon

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 19, 2013 2:39 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
^I kind of agree here, but since this anime seems to get a lot of praise, I'm sure it will get better. I mean that's what character development is for, right? The comedy right now isn't really my taste, it doesn't even feel like comedy to me. Renton not being treated that well kind of just makes me feel embarrassed for him. And seriously, I can't believe he thought those were actually Eureka's kids...they don't even look like her.
Jul 19, 2014 5:25 AM

Aug 2013
I feel sorry for Renton. Why do they treat him so badly? Newbie hazing? :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 18, 2014 7:14 AM

May 2012
Great development, I quite like the overall feel of this anime combined with the great action put in the episodes! Well let's see what's next!
Oct 1, 2014 12:11 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah, as soon as the box felt on the the floor, I rewinded to be sure if I saw right... Damn, that is some traumatising shit for a child. That was one shitty job.
I wonder why when Renton brought the competition in the subject, the mood changed awfully. Do they feel bad because they are now an illegal group and can't do legal jobs anymore?

Like the rasta dude said, it is kind of obvious that those three children are not not her real children xD
She probably saved them or at least, took care of them.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 17, 2014 8:55 PM

Apr 2014
Mixed feelings on this. Heard this is one of the better anime but so far it's boring on top of confusing to bits. Don't know the emotions E7's trying to get across so the engagement level is near zero. =_=
Jul 30, 2016 7:56 PM

Jun 2016
We don't lift for money, we just take smuggling jobs that involve us lifting and get paid for it? -_- Am I missing something?
Nov 11, 2016 10:06 PM

Sep 2015
He must be dense asf if he didn't realize those kids weren't hers? Maybe if she ever falls for him, he would prob be too dense to notice.
Jun 15, 2017 4:26 AM

Jul 2008
Talho is definitely annoying atm, she acts like a brat.
Sep 10, 2017 1:16 PM

Nov 2014
OK OK I loved how they actually addressed how a rebel group would actually fund themselves, most anime I've seen never really mention it apparently all the guns and mech's just come out of thin air so yeah that pretty neat.
Sep 20, 2017 2:12 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah, the rebel crew needs themselves some monies! LOL! Realistic af.

That job smuggling human organs! D: not the cargo I expected tbh.

Poor Renton indeed. His plan was better and finally someone told him they weren't really her kids lol. I mean is she even old enough? she looks the same age as him.
Feb 3, 2018 9:19 PM

Sep 2017
I thought it was a piece of meat at first when it flopped onto the ground and was confused to why Renton was freaking out. Turns out it was a human organ, which makes the situation more hilarious since Gekkostate didn't even bother to package it securely, letting it bounce around. Maybe that's why they got "cheated" out of their money.

Also, I find it really bothersome that they (english dub) pronounce Eureka like "el reck ah". Where the heck are they getting the "L" sound from? There isn't a L in Eureka in sight.
Feb 11, 2018 11:23 AM

Feb 2018
AllHailLeafstar said:
Also, I find it really bothersome that they (english dub) pronounce Eureka like "el reck ah". Where the heck are they getting the "L" sound from? There isn't a L in Eureka in sight.

It is supposed to be pronounced as (El-reck-ah) in the anime, her name isn't based on the English Word Eureka.
Mar 17, 2018 5:07 AM

Jan 2013
I'm not sure if I like the crew at all lol.

Show me some Eureka tho
Jul 6, 2019 7:41 PM

Apr 2019
Okay, so in this episode everyone bully Renton, NERV appears and the probable main villain too. I'm glad someone finally told the obvious to Renton LMAO. Anyway, I liked this episode.
Dec 21, 2020 4:55 PM

Jul 2017
This episode was basically "Fuck Renton" for like 80% of it until the very end where he was explained about why they didn't take his idea even though it was feasible, and about how Eureka actually isn't the real mother to those kids. It wasn't that entertaining of an episode though, wow this rewatch has not been off to a great start. A part of me is asking myself, how did 2018 me enjoy this lol. At least the music and visuals during the smuggling scene were really good, even if it really meant jack shit in the overall context of the show.
Oct 8, 2021 10:48 PM

Mar 2016
Renton's integration with the Gekkostate rebel group is straight-up abysmal.

Within the past week, Renton hasn't really done jackshit, he gets pushed around by all sorts of people without a moment's notice. He hasn't got any proper role since he hasn't actually accomplished any distinguishing achievement neither did he even get the chance to do so in the first place. Even when he got the chance to bring the rebel group out of poverty through a rather recreational endeavour, they shot it down instantly. I have to say, this moral code of ''we don't lift for money'' is the dumbest fucking shit I heard from them so far. They'd rather smuggle a box of organs from a poor fellow for some rich bastards rather than show off their skills and earning an honest sum of money. What a joke.

Furthermore, the fact that the members of Gekkostate aren't really trying to befriend Renton is depressing in and of itself. It's no surprise that he felt stuffy and bored in his mind even though he's been living in the dream that he always had, even as he soar the skies he felt useless. At least the little sideshow of that 'lift' is enough to temporarily cheer him before being berated back in base by the snobby bitch Talho. Even Renton himself is acting somewhat like a dork, for him to be so dense as to not consider how the 'kids' that Eureka has is not biologically hers is beyond ridiculous. He so easily assumes it's hers, ignoring the fact that each of the kids is different and that Eureka herself is about the same age as he is. What if those kids are real? Nah, let Reyton scrub the shit outta the bathroom as he takes in everything that has been happening for the past week down the chute.

This has been an immensely aggravating ep, the ep itself is still entertaining but there are many annoyances littered throughout the ep. Welp, it's the perfect opportunity to make a fuss of everything NOW because sooner or later, ALL OF THE MEMBERS of the Gekkostate will be likeable, that's how it usually goes and at that point, I'll have no complaint, hopefully.
Apr 14, 2023 5:01 AM
Apr 2023
create without thinking

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.