Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 21, 2011 6:51 PM

Jan 2011

A topic I've been meaning to start for a while now, with my ever obvious adoration of food! Since from some of the comments I can see I'm definetely not alone in this love, not only of food, but of talking about it, here is your forum!!

If you wanna talk about the awesome meal you had last night, your favorite restaraunts, or exchange recipes this is the place!! Even when you ate too much pizza and got sick, an experiment while cooking that went horribly wrong (been there), something that sounded so good and...wasn't, post it here! Post vids of your favorite TV chef making something awesome, pictures of your own amazing creation, or junk food that you're craving beyond comprehension (my most likely post ^^ ) the culinary discussion possibilities are endless!! Is my enthusiasm too obvious? I love food and I can't help it, and admit it, neither can you! So come on by and chew the fat!

Lotus97Jul 22, 2012 4:45 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (35) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 21, 2011 7:18 PM

May 2011
Well I just finished eating some pina colada ice cream with rum-flavored syrup mixed in...
So very, very delicious.
Jul 21, 2011 7:40 PM

Jan 2010
Awesome bill, I love, love, love the idea.

Sooo, I made meatloaf tonight, came out great if anyone wants to ever snag it.
Jul 21, 2011 8:48 PM

Jan 2011
@himari

i'm on my way!!!

oh glad you like the idea too ^^
Jul 22, 2011 12:32 AM

Aug 2010
xD I was so expecting this.

I just woke up and waiting for my rye breads to pop out from the toaster. =)

Jul 22, 2011 5:18 AM

Jan 2011
@lumikki

am i so predictable? =\ hehe

breakfast this morning is just a banana and some 9 grain bread with cheese ^^. and coffee of course O.O
Jul 22, 2011 5:30 AM

Feb 2009
I hate hate hate making peanut butter sandwiches eh, but love eating them. Wife gets annoyed with me always asking her to make some for me.

It's not like I don't like making a meal, I enjoy making spaggetti which is actually more time consuming. I just hate making peanut butter and jam sandwiches (on toast).

I think it is because it's messy and I hate getting my hands all sticky. Which is odd, because making spaggetti is hardly clean in all ways. But dicing peppers onions or mushrooms is not the same as fishing jam out of a jar either.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jul 22, 2011 7:38 AM

Apr 2011
Great pictures, Bill
Jul 22, 2011 7:46 AM

Jan 2011
@lotus

glad you like 'em

also, just had some homegrown cherry tomatoes from a co-workers garden. OMG, they were so delightful and juicy sweet. *drools* i could eat a hundred like it was popcorn
Jul 22, 2011 8:15 AM

Jan 2010
I might make my homemade pizza today, which any other recipe I try can't beat this one. It's SO good! The only thing is, I might have to go out in this heat and get some cheese.
Jul 22, 2011 8:21 AM

Jan 2011
@himari

OMG that sounds SOOOO good!!! if traffic wasn't so screwed up on I95 right now i'd be zooming down to fred-burg. also if you don't feel like going out for cheese, you can just put some milk outside in the sun and i'm sure within 5 minutes it'll become cheese. =p
Jul 22, 2011 8:40 AM

Jan 2010
billmurderface said:
@himari

OMG that sounds SOOOO good!!! if traffic wasn't so screwed up on I95 right now i'd be zooming down to fred-burg. also if you don't feel like going out for cheese, you can just put some milk outside in the sun and i'm sure within 5 minutes it'll become cheese. =p

LOL I didn't think about the milk idea. Could it turn into Mozzarella? ;p
Jul 22, 2011 9:00 AM

Apr 2011
My parents grow pickle cucumbers in their garden. They taste so much better than the type from the store. They're smaller and crunchier.
Jul 22, 2011 9:16 AM

Jan 2011
@alyssa

well i'm a little rusty on cheese curing in the sun techniques, but i'm sure with the right method it can be done. as long as it's not cottage cheese i'd be happy =P

@lotus

mmmm i know just what you mean...and i'll be waiting for your package of some to be arriving to me any day now ^_^
Jul 22, 2011 9:28 AM

Aug 2010
I ate a thet chinese restaurant with my dear friend today, nom I had mixed vegetables in sweet sour sauce and rice of course. It was so good!

Jul 22, 2011 9:35 AM

Jan 2011
i'm jealous lumikki...and everyone really...i'm gonna have to settle for Subway today for lunch =\
Jul 22, 2011 9:40 AM

Apr 2011
billmurderface said:
i'm jealous lumikki...and everyone really...i'm gonna have to settle for Subway today for lunch =

I eat so healthy even Subway is restricted from my diet so I'm jealous of you
Jul 22, 2011 9:43 AM

Jan 2011
@lotus

hmm i'm sorry, didn't mean to rub it in. are you restricted from all carbs and starches?
Jul 22, 2011 9:47 AM

Feb 2009
Man I feel sad for Lotus, I don't think my diet is restricted at all.

Hell I think sipping pure maple syrup is ok. But then again I'm Canadian and from Quebec, none of us are normal :)
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jul 22, 2011 9:49 AM

Aug 2010
lol at my typos in the previous post xD I bet I was thinking something else again while writing..

Subway's tuna sandwiches are so delicious! Bill, you made me hungry again.

Jul 22, 2011 10:37 AM

Jan 2011
@suk

ummmm...i like sipping maple syrup sometimes too, and i'm american hahaha...not even New Englander or anything =P

@lumikki

haha that's exactly what i got too, tuna =D
Jul 22, 2011 10:57 AM

Aug 2010
@Bill

hah, maybe I'm an oracle or a psychic 8D

Jul 22, 2011 10:58 AM

Jan 2010
Lunch today is tuna fish (again) on a whole wheat slim bun (yum) with a tomato on it (yum) and of course a pickle (yum, lol) and some cucumber and carrots. Trying to lose just a few pounds, going to the beach in 3 weeks. ^_^
Jul 22, 2011 11:42 AM

Apr 2011
I'm avoiding yeast and gluten and dairy and lettuce and solanine (occurs in green peppers and tomatos). I guess I could just get a salad chicken with onions, olives, pickles and cucumbers and a little Italian dressing (though the dressing might have lemon, corn syrup, and/or lecithan which I'm also avoiding).

Ok, I won't bring this up again or I'll depress everyone else in this thread. It's a waste of time feeling sorry for myself.
Jul 22, 2011 11:42 AM

Jan 2011
oooh right and today is another co-worker's birthday, so we all get a slice of triple chocolate cake...it's not homemade or anything, i think it's from Costco, but you know my ass won't turn it down XP
Jul 22, 2011 12:06 PM

Apr 2011
billmurderface said:
oooh right and today is another co-worker's birthday, so we all get a slice of triple chocolate cake...it's not homemade or anything, i think it's from Costco, but you know my ass won't turn it down XP

I don't like cake that much by itself, but add ice cream and it turns AWESOME!
Jul 22, 2011 12:30 PM

Jan 2011
@lotus

first of all, speaking for myself i would want to hear about your diet when it comes up, don't feel like you should hold back for our sakes. i'm genuinely interested. now if you'd prefer not to for yourself, that's cool too, but i wouldn't mind a bit if you gave a little insight on things from your perspective. i'm sure it would be informative to all of us.

and btw i agree with you about cake and ice cream. actually i'd prefer frozen custard from my friend's store. mmmmmm soo good *drools*
Jul 22, 2011 1:38 PM

Apr 2011
@Bill

I'll share my diet, but I'll leave out the complaining XD

I plan on making a banana chocolate shake and a piece of oat bread. I'm making with frozen bananas, soy protein (which I'm not really supposed to have because it has lecithan, but I'm only having half a scoop), hazelnut flour (for protein and fiber), cocoa powder (again not supposed to have caffeine, but it's only a small amount and cocoa has antioxidants which are good), sweetened with stevia (plus sugar from protein powder and banana).

The oat bread my mom makes only with oat flour and water. My parents are also on restrictive diets so there's really not much temptation to eat unhealthy in my house.

I'm also eating these radishes that look like watermelon.
Jul 22, 2011 2:14 PM

Aug 2010
wow, I have never seen that kind of radishes, are they some special cultivar or so?

Jul 22, 2011 2:17 PM

Apr 2011
Lumikki said:
wow, I have never seen that kind of radishes, are they some special cultivar or so?

(BTW they taste great!)
I found this info online:
The watermelon radish is a winter radish that grows particularly well when the weather gets cooler. It's got a ton of alternate names, such as Beauty Heart, Rose Heart, Shinrimei, Misato, Asian Red Meat, or Xin Li Mei radish. It's an heirloom variety of the Chinese daikon.
Jul 22, 2011 4:05 PM

Aug 2009
hahaha and now the ultimate troll-ish post to throw you all off:

I ate so much tonight after more than 20 hours of no eating, so now I feel like throwing up!! TROLOLOL! xD that's a true fact btw!
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jul 22, 2011 4:42 PM

Apr 2011
I ate celery, red radishes (we ran out of watermelon radishes T_T), almonds, brazil nuts, strawberries, and maple buckwheat cereal (w/o milk).

JusticeUndone said:
hahaha and now the ultimate troll-ish post to throw you all off:

I ate so much tonight after more than 20 hours of no eating, so now I feel like throwing up!! TROLOLOL! xD that's a true fact btw!

You really are messing with my head
Jul 22, 2011 6:45 PM

Jan 2011
@lotus

that sounds very healthy but actually quite appetizing! it's good you don't have much temptation though. as for the radishes...wow awesome looking and i do enjoy radishes so i'll have to look for those. are they expensive?

@justice

i won't lecture you this time, but you know what i'm thinking XP

as for me i was quite worn out and lazy so i just had instant ramen with some veggies added.
Jul 22, 2011 8:45 PM

Jan 2010
Here's the cake I made the other day but I messed up so many times.

After I put the cake batter in the angel food cake pan it started to leak b/c it was kind of old and bent. Quickly I put it in the oven thinking it would stop. the cake leaked a little from the pan about 1/8 of the batter I had it on a cookie sheet so I was saved from oven disaster.

Then next day I had to remake the gelatin that you fold into the mouse SO many times because I mess up a bunch. First time I let it cool to long that I made a implant instead. ha, ha too small though. Then tried again, when I put the glass in the pan to make it, the glass broke because I warmed up the water just a tad bit. But I thought it was fine because the glass only cracked but when I lifted it out the whole thing broke. My next attempted the gelatin was milky, could have been bad. Then the next was was perfect, I let it cool down. Put it in the 2 1/ cups of the mouse that I had taken out but b/c the mouse was too cold, the gelatin hardened into tiny little chunks. Damn, it was ruined! Grrr

Luckily I had left over heavy cream and made so more and just left out the damn gelatin .

After that, Ohashi!

Recipe..
Jul 23, 2011 12:20 AM

Aug 2010
Lotus97 said:
Lumikki said:

(BTW they taste great!)
I found this info online:
The watermelon radish is a winter radish that grows particularly well when the weather gets cooler. It's got a ton of alternate names, such as Beauty Heart, Rose Heart, Shinrimei, Misato, Asian Red Meat, or Xin Li Mei radish. It's an heirloom variety of the Chinese daikon.

AHAAA! They like cold weather? Ok, I start planting them! But I bet my fellow neigbors will wonder a bit when they see a small vegetable garden in our backyard xD

@Himari

Wow, what a delicious looking cake!

Ps. how much is one cup in decilitres? :'D (~ Stupid European)

Jul 23, 2011 3:04 AM

Jun 2011
@Himari

I just wanted to say you're so brave to attempt to make a cake like that! You sound like a master in the kitchen!!

And I got a pasty to eat for lunch today, not one I made myself xD;; *Is not very good in the kitchen!* But it is delicious - Cheese and onion flavour!
Jul 23, 2011 3:57 AM

Mar 2009
For breakfast I just had:
Poached egg on half a wholegrain muffin with baked beans, good stuff :D
Jul 23, 2011 5:21 AM

Jan 2011
@himari

hey our first recipe excellent!!! i'm gonna have to try that out! i don't have much hope of it turning out if you couldn't. i can cook my ass off but i'm no baker. i am, however, a doer and will attempt my best. will let you know. thanks again.

again was in a rush this morning coming to work sooo...having a bit of yesterday's chocolate cake for breakfast. diabetes coming soon i'm sure =P
Jul 23, 2011 7:23 AM

Aug 2010
I just ate a case of soft salmiakki candy filled by salmiakki dressing, I think I'm going to have an ammonium chloride poisoning soon.

Jul 23, 2011 9:26 AM

Apr 2011
Lumikki said:
I just ate a case of soft salmiakki candy filled by salmiakki dressing, I think I'm going to have an ammonium chloride poisoning soon.

I had to google that. Salty licorice, huh? Sounds good

For breakfast I had roasted salted almonds, brazil nuts, collard greens with manzanilla olives and onions, and a few strawberries.
Jul 23, 2011 12:36 PM

Jan 2010
billmurderface said:
@himari

hey our first recipe excellent!!! i'm gonna have to try that out! i don't have much hope of it turning out if you couldn't. i can cook my ass off but i'm no baker. i am, however, a doer and will attempt my best. will let you know. thanks again.

again was in a rush this morning coming to work sooo...having a bit of yesterday's chocolate cake for breakfast. diabetes coming soon i'm sure =P

Hey bill, that would be cool. If you give me your email I can send you the recipe from the book that has pictures and steps to make it. Seems easier.

@Lumi, I have no idea. Probably equal to a coffee cup.

@ Zarren: Thanks ^_^, I actually made this cake a few times, but it's been years.
Jul 23, 2011 1:43 PM

Aug 2010
@Himari

You were correct, 1 cup = 2.4 dl (240ml)

Lotus97 said:
Lumikki said:

For breakfast I had roasted salted almonds, brazil nuts, collard greens with manzanilla olives and onions, and a few strawberries.

Yep, kinda like that, very popular stuff over here btw.

And Lotus, you breakfast sounds so good!! I wish I had those ingredients in my fridge. At the moment there's only rye bread, butter and beer. I need to visit in a food store in the near future xD

Jul 23, 2011 1:55 PM

Apr 2011
I had grilled chicken with olives and tomato basil salad dressing (it sounds good, but it seemed too salty for me), also had a cucumber and oat bread. I plan to have something similar for my next meal except that I'll have spicy brown mustard with the chicken and maybe a few macadamia nuts.

BTW, if anyone is looking for nuts, www.nutsonline.com is a good source. shipping is expensive, but if you order 4-5 pounds at a time it averages out to less than $2.00 per item. Also, www.drugstore.com has some good flavored almonds by Blue Diamond.
Jul 23, 2011 2:16 PM

Apr 2011
Change of plans. Instead of oat bread and macadamia nuts, I had strawberries and terra chips with my chicken.

Jul 23, 2011 2:21 PM

Jan 2010
Lumikki said:
@Himari

You were correct, 1 cup = 2.4 dl (240ml)

Lotus97 said:
Lumikki said:

I love licorice. I usually eat "Good & Plenty" candy. I used to eat a box a day. The kids thought I was crazy one day when I came home with 10 boxes. They were on sale. LOL Now I think I eat about 1 a week maybe. I heard that licorice suppresses your appetite. Hmm, I wonder?

Yep, kinda like that, very popular stuff over here btw.

And Lotus, you breakfast sounds so good!! I wish I had those ingredients in my fridge. At the moment there's only rye bread, butter and beer. I need to visit in a food store in the near future xD
Jul 23, 2011 2:40 PM

Apr 2011
I like the taste of black licorice, but I guess a lot of people don't. I remember hearing an African American stand up comedian complaining about how the black flavor is the worst tasting... Speaking of flavors, I don't like cherry flavor candy, but I like actual cherries. I like banana flavored candy (think Laffy Taffy), but I don't like actual bananas (except for baking like banana bread).
Jul 23, 2011 4:42 PM

Jan 2011
my head is spinning @_@ idk what to comment about and try for myself first!!

@himari

that would be excellent, will PM you shortly with email.

@lumikki

i'm with lotus, salty licorice does sound very tasty...i'll be awaiting a package of some to be coming from you in the coming weeks ;D

@lotus

dude, i looove your meals so far, it's fortunate in these days you can still enjoy good flavor combinations even with your diet restrictions. and i love the terra chips too...gotta go get some now =P
Jul 23, 2011 5:15 PM

Apr 2011
For my last meal I had a mixture of honey nut cherios and reg. cherios (I actually eat the Giant Eagle brand because it's the only brand without corn which I'm sensitive to. For those who don't know, our government subsidizes corn which makes it super cheap and so a lot cereals are made with corn. I think corn and soy subsidies are BS because they only help large corporations. Plus corn syrup is in everything which is very unhealthy. Corn flour is fine though if you're not sensitive, but cherios uses the fact that it has oat flour as a marketing point, which is somewhat dishonest since they add corn flour. Ok, end of my rant). Actually I just checked and cherios only has corn starch not corn flour, but other brans do have corn flour...

I had cherios (w/o milk), slivered almonds, celery, red radishes, and a slice of an apple. I only had one radish, I'm so spoiled now that I eat watermelon radishes. Black radishes are pretty good too, but not as much as watermelon.
Jul 24, 2011 10:24 AM

Apr 2011
For breakfast I had: Collard greens with onions, yellow squash, and green olives. Roasted, salted sunflower seeds with macadamia nut pieces. And a slice of a granny smith apple.
Jul 24, 2011 11:34 AM

Jan 2011
i woke up too late for breakfast haha so straight to lunch was a proscuitto sandwich with some pretzels and a banana (need potassium for this heat)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (35) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.