Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2011 8:09 PM

Jun 2010
How interesting this orphaned story is. A satire of the magical girl genre is something that wouldn't be made until Puella Magi Madoka Magica, ten years later! There was Dai Mahou Touge, but that was more of just a joke than a deconstruction. And maybe Utakata counts a little bit.

To be honest, I can't be sure a full series would have been that good; this episode feels a lot like other action-drama series and the connection with the magical girl genre might have been shallow, but I would certainly have been interested in seeing it take a shot at it.

It's a little sad that it was relegated to a 3D episode (actually cheaper than 2D animation, apparently) and then a series of five-minute gag shorts on the internet.
Aug 18, 2021 4:15 PM

Feb 2014
I liked it! There were some parts that were really funny. Iliked how all the characters in the dance world danced as they were standing around. Mayor Coffee were pretty funny. She turned the final battle into an ABC show wtf lmao xD Padudu and Uokichi were pretty goofy. LOL she squirted water at the panther and it hated that bc it's a cat xD But like damn Nonononn was pretty ruthless to the panther and to Mayor Coffee O_o I liked the music too. I wish I could see the rest of the story! I'll prolly check out the 2D version sometime. 7/10!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2021 8:03 PM

Jan 2017
I don't know about you but this is much better than the 4 2D episodes.
Aug 22, 2023 6:51 PM
Aug 2023
this ova is an absolute groundbreaking master piece for its time, dommy mommy skull gurl step on me dommy mommy uwoh uwoh AWOOOOGAAAAAA BOI-OIN-OIN-OING
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.