Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 26, 2011 10:14 PM

Jun 2008
As most of you guys know, "gg" the fansubbing group that is doing Aria have been trolling the series since episode one.

They've been doing annoying Translator notes in every single episode, but now they've really stepped up their retarded antics.

In episode 7, they have decided to do "LITERAL" translations, and thus the subbing looks like it was made by YODA from Star Wars.

These retarded jokes are so stupid I feel like kicking my own ass for even downloading their version of Aria.
May 26, 2011 10:37 PM

Mar 2010
I know we shouldn't take these subs for granted as these translators probably put their a lot of effort and time into this, but I agree with you that if you're going to sub it please do it properly or don't do it at all. I know what you're saying "WHY DON'T YOU LEARN TO DO IT THEN HUH", no I want this to come off as whining. I'm just commenting on the quality of the subs that is coming out and am concerned that this will start to become a pattern and others will join the bandwagon in the trolling. That would totally end in chaos and it really would be "gg" for most of us.Whether[gg] is doing this unintentionally or probably laughing their faces off thinking they are totally awesome I think that a line must be drawn. Well to put this situation into perspective, would you rather watch a REALLY bad quality movie or good quality,but have to wait a little bit. Like honestly, you can't enjoy something if it's poop quality. I rather just wait for x day/weeks for the better version.
There are some really good fan-sub groups out there and I really commend them for doing this out of their own will.On the other hand, some not so much as far as I can tell. All I know is to pick quality next time rather than watch something that makes me read in Yoda's voice.
Just my 2 cents.
May 27, 2011 6:55 AM

Sep 2008
Troll subs are hardly a new phenomenon. I don't think we have to worry about anyone following in GG's footsteps here. They're not exactly being trendsetters. Heck, multiple respectable subbers have been known to throw out a troll sub once in a while for lolz.

I really must ask though, if these subs are so terrible, and if you guys are so opposed to them, and if it has been established since episode one that they are treating this entire series as one big troll, then why in the name of every dark and terrible power are you still using them seven episodes in? At this point the only people using them should be people who enjoy the humor of it, and yet complaints keep coming in.

Did you think they'd turn over a new leaf this week? Are you watching them for the sole sake of having something to complain about? Did UTW, Doki, and Chihiro group together at some point to slaughter a loved one? Perhaps this is some manner of forced viewing because you owe GG a favor after they made you some manner of offer you couldn't refuse? What possible reason could you have for continuing to use a translation that makes you, in your own words, "Feel like kicking my own ass" after six repetitions?

A child will often learn within a couple repetitions when something brings him pain. The smarter breeds of dog can learn within three repetitions when an action contains negative consequences. And yet here you are, six repetitions and then you did it again. I cannot fathom the motivation behind your actions.
May 27, 2011 7:10 AM
Mar 2008
What are you whining about?
Don't download them, wait for UTW, profit.
May 27, 2011 7:47 AM

Mar 2009
I don't really like the show anyway, so I just laugh at their subs. :P
Don't like, don't download. XD
May 27, 2011 8:07 AM

Jun 2008
Gangler said:
A child will often learn within a couple repetitions when something brings him pain. The smarter breeds of dog can learn within three repetitions when an action contains negative consequences. And yet here you are, six repetitions and then you did it again. I cannot fathom the motivation behind your actions.

I stopped watching "GG" subs after episode 2, However I really wanted to watch this episode immediately so I downloaded episode 7 in the hopes that they had given up their antics....I was DEAD wrong.

Unfortunately "GG" is the fastest to sub this series and at the moment I also heard that UTW has DELAYED their releases of Aria....so there you go.

I didn't download "GG" subs because I wanted to, I did it because I HAD to...
May 27, 2011 8:20 AM

Sep 2008
Ah, fair enough. Certainly not something I would have done (as evidenced by my being in the same boat but not having done it), but more understandable to be sure. You're excited about the new episode and just wanted something to tide you over until the good translation arrived. That's legit.

I'd argue against your use of "I had to" though. Judging by the updates it's likely a matter of hours until UTW has their release. It'll be done by evening at the latest I'd guess. This isn't really a situation of necessity so much as a situation of alternatives you found unappealing. Still, sorry if I came across as condescending in the original post. I may have used overly strong wording.
May 27, 2011 8:23 AM

Jan 2011

Not complaining at all..
donutsuMay 27, 2011 8:26 AM
May 27, 2011 8:28 AM

Sep 2008
Lol. That's actually pretty hilarious.
May 27, 2011 9:22 AM

Apr 2011
I would love that to have as my sig. Even so, I'm lazy to use it. lol.

Anyway, I have the same reason as well. I really wanted to watch the show, even if the subs are crappy and since I had some basic knowledge in the japanese language, I had little use to their troll translations.

The subs last episode, imho, were ok and tolerable, until I saw episode 7. Now, I've been wondering the reason why they have to resort in crappy subbing.
May 27, 2011 9:23 AM
Jul 2010
Yeah gg is trolling, they better be..
May 27, 2011 9:58 AM
Apr 2010
Easy fix for me, Ill just wait till people who do a good job subbing do it, and avoid GG subs in the future.
May 27, 2011 1:35 PM

Oct 2009
I thought the translations were good all the way to Episode 6... until Episode 7.

I think they're trolling this one alright.

May 27, 2011 1:42 PM

Apr 2010
lol... maybe their trying to make the series worth watching? and theirs no point complaining they aint gonna care, just watch somewhere else it aint like their the only ones translating it... i mean lol ive been watching Funi's ver...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
May 27, 2011 3:06 PM

Jan 2010
Lmao, the irony is, that I understood the episode better raw than with the subs. gg fansubs are fucking hilarious trolls.
May 27, 2011 8:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
d4n13lr0x said:
Lmao, the irony is, that I understood the episode better raw than with the subs. gg fansubs are fucking hilarious trolls.

Lol I just watched with subs off. Usually I don't find subs distracting but they were so hilarious that I had to turn them off to concentrate properly.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 27, 2011 10:42 PM

May 2010
Have you seen the TL note that says "Japanese people actually believe this" after Aria said "Don't worry, I am not pregnant"
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 27, 2011 11:31 PM

Jan 2008
So uh, I had no interest in this generic Rie Kugimiya tsundeloli shounen show before. But, as long as I can have gg's brilliant subs, I think I might pick it up.
May 28, 2011 2:41 AM

Nov 2010
ok i dont mind when they dont translate common words like urasai or baka but when they do literal translations its not that cool for people who dont have any idea about the Japanese language. they must not like this show at all is what i think.
May 28, 2011 4:41 AM

Aug 2009
Lol Alex, you actually take this shitty show seriously? gg's subs make this incredibly generic show watchable. I've had my weekly lol's because of gg's absolutely brilliant but sometimes annoying subs.

And no one forced you to download their subs, you can just wait for UTW's. And if they're delayed, too bad, you'll just have to wait a bit longer.
May 28, 2011 9:16 AM

Sep 2010
if you dont like trollsubs, dont watch em (like any normal person should).
if your only enjoying this anime cause of gg your a pathetic person.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2011 9:19 AM

Sep 2009
Hey! They make this worthless show worth it.
A win right here:
herox3 said:
May 28, 2011 9:20 AM

Aug 2009
Leonard93 said:

May I ask why you're a pathetic person for enjoying gg's fansubs?
May 28, 2011 9:24 AM

Sep 2009
STM said:
Leonard93 said:

Oh-- he/she most probably thinks that one's own perspective is a religious fact and anyone deviating from it is a Satan.
May 28, 2011 9:27 AM

Aug 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
STM said:
Leonard93 said:

Oh-- he/she most probably thinks that one's own perspective is a religious fact and anyone deviating from it is a Satan.

Hmm, fair enough.
May 28, 2011 9:29 AM

Sep 2009
STM said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
STM said:
Leonard93 said:

Hmm, fair enough.
or you could have asked 'Like that proof proof you say then proof show?'
A little high with caffeine so mind not XD
May 28, 2011 11:37 AM

Nov 2010
Loved their guts haha. Untill Soba i havent actually realized they were trolling, understood the context and even some randomly thrown in japanese words that, honestly, most people who watched atleast dozen of series recognize. But if its your 1st anime or you are new Im sorry you were knocked about by GG, let it not hurt you for the rest of your anime watching life.
May 28, 2011 12:46 PM

Sep 2010
Linalee-Stratos said:
STM said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
STM said:
Leonard93 said:

Hmm, fair enough.
or you could have asked 'Like that proof proof you say then proof show?'
A little high with caffeine so mind not XD

lol, you guys are really weird.
if you only enjoy a show cause of troll subs which usually arn't even that funny, thats just sad in my opinion.

but hey if that gets you through your day, keep doing it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» I wish there was more

LostInLove - Oct 26, 2023

8 by Kiikani »»
Apr 20, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Apr 21, 2011

196 by Karva1 »»
Apr 15, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

225 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

232 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kittyman - Apr 28, 2011

174 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.