Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 30, 2011 7:00 AM

Aug 2009
Absolutely terrible show. How many fucking times did they say "Thank you." in this episode anyway?
And holy shit, Haruka actually had a change of clothes! \o/

3/10
Jan 31, 2011 11:05 AM

Oct 2009
sooo does the manga continue the story?

& why did the blone woman say she loved yakumo?

please someone answer :)
Mar 23, 2011 8:07 AM

Mar 2011
Oh wow, i am so sad that this show is over so quickly. It really grew on me. In the beginning I wasn't so sure it was going to be good but after episode 2 I couldn't stop watching. The ending was really well done for this show and quite touching. I'm really hoping for a 2nd season now. For me this show was an 8/10. I was also annoyed that the characters only got one set of clothing..lol.
Apr 14, 2011 7:36 PM

Dec 2007
I want mooooore!~ T.T

That part where the girl hugged Yakumo was very strong! I liked it! I'd love a second season :>
Apr 14, 2011 8:44 PM

Apr 2009
That was a nice calm ending... would have liked to see some more ahem you know what between Haruka and Yakumo though.
May 29, 2011 6:42 AM
May 2011
Awesome anime :)

At first I thought I was in for horror/mystery/crime-solving action, but that's just on the surface. Underneath, it's really a tribute to the development of characters - especially Yakumo's, obviously.
Haruka is not useless in this respect! She is vital in "changing him" and "giving him a new perspective" and etc., whatever female protagonists do to cold, sarcastic, antisocial emo bishies.
I'm all for Yakumo x Haruka, but it looks like that's all we get (although it's implied they are going to get together, as I don't see Yakumo flirting it up with any other college chicks anytime soon).
Gonna go read manga raws now!
8/10
am deeply sad it's ended so soon. T_T
and papa Isshin and Nao-chan are <3
Oct 20, 2011 1:05 PM
Oct 2011
Good anime:D
Oct 28, 2011 4:58 PM

Sep 2011
i only kept watching the show coz i liked the drawing and the sound track , i think the story is not well plotted ; 13 episodes are not enough to actually present it well
the ending is good although i was expecting yakumo to reveal his feelings to haruka :(

i have to admit that yakumo , haruka ,and Nao are the cutest characters ever

overall 7/10
Feb 12, 2012 7:52 AM
May 2007
Now that I've seen Yakumo crying, I cried like never before. I wish this gets a continuation one day, I loved it a lot honestly.
Feb 6, 2013 4:39 PM

May 2012
Quite some ending, a nice rounding end of the whole story! A bit on the sad side although quite hearth warming in its own way! The global story of this anime was rather nice and had an interesting theme in general! I really liked that bit of darker touch to it and detective/case parts where quite nice as well. I did wanted to see some slight more relation development between those two although it ended quite nicely either way! 9/10
May 31, 2013 10:07 AM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
The ending wrapped things up quite nicely imo. The story didn't really need a serious romance element to begin with, yet those few Haruka x Yakumo moments were really very sweet. The beginning was kind of rocky with the quick pacing, but stick with it and it gets better. I liked how emotional the last few minutes were, it pulled at my heart strings. Definitely glad I decided to give this series a try. 8/10

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Jul 27, 2013 7:45 PM

Aug 2007
This was quite a terrible anime. Most characters were incredibly flat, the plot had potential but was either too predictable, boring or anti-climatic, and it didn't hook me to watch more.
There were a couple notable episodes and decent BGM but noting to pull the series along.
This is mindless anime... I doubt I'll watch it again.

3/10

Sep 12, 2013 1:07 AM

Apr 2011
Not a bad one, not good either. 6/10. Man, The Yakumo with 2 red eyes sceen, I totally saw that comming lol
Jan 29, 2014 1:28 AM

Apr 2012
expected ending wish they would have hooked up
Mar 9, 2014 1:55 PM

Feb 2014
I wanted a romane in this anime so much i was waiting way long for haruka and yakuma to do something but oh well xD but that doesn't mean that the anime is bad

I liked it alot though thay may out a second season because of yakuma's father, i hope xD
I would give this anime 7/10 :D

Aug 3, 2014 8:21 AM

Jan 2014
Nice short anime... Liked it.
HiraxMar 16, 2017 1:13 PM
Jan 10, 2015 2:43 PM
Sep 2014
I have to say its a great show despite all the problems it has.
Not really original story, but it is still interesting and easy to be hooked to it till the end.

Main issue of this show is bad animation. Im not talking about artistic style, but body and facial animation.
In some scenes i had a feeling that i am watching picture book while someone is narating it in background.
The scenes where they are angry, sad, where they are crying, they looked empty. Only thing you could see is tears in their eyes, but without change to eyes and face. It looked like they didnt have much time or they didnt care about it much. They had really amazing soundtrack, too bad they didnt try more with animation.
Also, clothes, they wear same thing for 13 episodes? Cmon, please. Details like this just get in my eyes.
Jan 19, 2015 2:59 PM

Jul 2012
The struggle between a 5 and 6/10...

I'll go with a 6. I think it's relatively done well especially when the main plot kicked in. Although characters are lacking, it pulls of atmosphere and other aspects well. This is actually much better than Ghost Hunt (even if I score them the same) and is very consistent overall. Too bad it's short and forgettable.
Mar 2, 2015 2:28 PM

May 2014
Great Series! Have been waiting a while for series like this. The ending is fitting but i'm still meh about isshin dying but that's ok.
The end was great and season 2 probably won't come out because you can end it there. There's not much else left
Anyways, I was thinking that Haruka x Yakumo was going to happen but i guess not lol :D
May 24, 2015 2:55 AM

Jan 2012
the creepy father is still alive,average ending but i enjoyed the anime.

Jul 5, 2015 8:13 AM

Jun 2012
Reminded me of Ghost Hunt at points, but the plot was kinda bland when compared to it. There were some emotional, touching spots (I tore up when I visualized myself being Nao). A 7/10 won't hurt I guess.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Nov 22, 2015 3:09 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm wouldve rated a 9 or even 10 for enjoyment but cause it wasnt flalwss i rated it an 8. Might change it later but hmm.
It was probably mainly yakumo and the feels that really appealed to me and haruka x yakumo romance was a nice touch as well.

I liked the serie overall even considering buying the anime and mangas :)

I really dont get nanaka her motives at all.. What exactly did she want ? If she wanted love she couldve gotten it a way better way

Was hoping to see isshin but too bad.. He really died :( at least nao wasnt alone
Mar 31, 2016 9:21 AM
Mar 2016
nice anime a good one has nice plot I Definitely recommend
Apr 20, 2016 2:17 AM

Dec 2008
after 6 years I finished this piece of crap...
May 16, 2016 6:49 AM

Jul 2008
Lots of stereotypical characters, and an ending where nothing was resolved and the bad guys all got away.

5/10.
Aug 22, 2016 12:33 PM

Oct 2008
Just one notch above series like Spiral or Mouryou no Hako but under Himitsu,which wasnt even all that amazing to begin with.

Not much to say decent at best, forgettable at its worst.
Jan 19, 2017 1:50 PM
Jan 2017
I'm annoyed at how stupid and ignorant the heroine is. Totally disturbing. Also there are so much plot holes I don't even know where to begin..
Feb 10, 2017 1:41 PM

Nov 2012
The awkward moment when the only good thing in this anime is Yakumo's face.
Sep 22, 2017 5:10 PM

Oct 2015
That Yakumo is one strong and calculating character the way he cunningly avoided being enveloped in darkness by that despicable father of his ( I usually love villains by I hated his type). Even though Yakumo never had exorcise powers, he impressed me by solving all those ghost mysteries with his mind I liked that. Too bad Yakumo's father never got some sort of punishment even if he was a ghost, also Nanase's body not being found was a Let down too (that Ishii was useless for not catching her).

I am glad Yoshiko got saved by Isshin's organ transplant, his death was not in vain. when Yakumo shed tears for his death ( finally showed emotions) I almost shed one too. This anime had a great dose of supernatural mixed with a slice of life.8/10 is good for this one.
lihle808Sep 22, 2017 5:26 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 19, 2018 11:08 PM

Aug 2014
Really good show. I wish it was twice as long or got a second season. This show fills me up with a lot of emotions. I loves shows like these no matter how cheesy it is.

9/10 series for me. It would have gotten a 10 if it was longer to allow the characters to develop some more.
Oct 19, 2018 7:17 AM
Jan 2017
finish,, ovage ending,, nothing spesial happen here,,,
the anime is awesome in the begining but next it was boring at the ending i cant concentrate to keep my eye on Pc..
and the ending that figure it out that yakumonfather was a ghost, and he manage to ezcape as hatred wish or whatever..
Jun 10, 2021 2:04 PM

Feb 2020
I like it. Its a decent mystery shojo. Initial episodes were slow and episodic but definitely picked up towards the end. It was a satisfying conclusion
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 29, 2021 2:17 PM

Jun 2016
Yakumo overcame his father trying to possess him and Isshin's organs helped the girl live. A happy-ish ending, I suppose.

At least this show is finally over. They dragged that ending out just to fit the song in, lol.

Jan 5, 2023 4:55 PM

Mar 2019
I'm kind of sad Yakumo's father didn't die there. Something also happened to Nanase, but she didn't die.

Isshin's death was a bit emotional, but this episode didn't focus on the sad part a lot. Yakumo's single tear was probably the most touching part. Another very sad scene was Yoshiko painting that eye in red and saying why she did that. I'm glad we got to see her after the operation.

I'm so happy Gotou didn't die!! Seems like I was wrong and the gun was pointed directly at him and not Haruka, which I didn't expect. It also seems like Nao can talk now. All in all I need more Yakumo and Gotou!! Definitely my favorite charcactes from this anime.

Overall it had great moments, but Haruka exists.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 10, 5:07 AM

Dec 2022
Yakumo suddenly became an expert fighter all of a sudden, somehow being on par with Miyuki now, right after she just got done killing several ambulance workers and police officers barehanded. Whatever the plot demands, I guess.

This series was shaping up to be really good, but it keeps slipping up where it counts. The action scenes were all incoherent nonsense where some characters don't even abide by the same physical laws as the others, the music drowned out dialogue, and the romance aspect had very little substance to it. The exceptionally written dialogue, beautiful visuals and a few interesting scenes scattered here and there somewhat compensate for it - but this anime could've been significantly better with just a few minor alterations, which just makes it that much more annoying. It hurts the most when an anime you know has potential is ultimately just "okay" in delivery.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 19, 2010

48 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2010

52 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

65 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 2:39 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2010

72 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2010

63 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 12:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.