Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 10, 2016 9:55 PM

Jan 2014
That Sunako bitch deserves to die the most. Killing so many people... How could she? Loli's are the absolute worst!!! Especially if they stay loli forever!
Apr 3, 2016 9:36 PM

Feb 2015
ShadowGilgamesh said:
i'd say this ep proves the humans are worse than the Shiki, at least THEY didn't kill any of their own.

yeah because killing ONE PERSON against DOZENS OF REAL PEOPLE KILLED BY SHIKI, yup. human are definitely worse.

tinman21 said:
what a eye-opening way to start an episode.. love all the blood bath in this episode, good thing they didn't hold back on it.. XD

dude....harsh lol

Shadowmancer said:
This was amazing.
Reading people saying the same things over and over is funny.
The humans don't have to kill to survive! Bla bla bla.
If you look at the Shiki, as you know, not human, they're doing the same thing to humans that humans do to animals.

lol!

tingy said:
She needs to learn from Ritsuko. Ritsuko is amazing for being able to stand the painful hunger, she's pretty much a saint. I'm glad she made Tohru give up, because they're both kindhearted people ;_;

yeah, toru was lost but she made him a saint as well :)
-----
i really love how the simple fact of shiki existing is destroying everyone's minds. toru is completely racked with guilt. sunako is trying to make herself feel better by saying "I'm trying to feed". you have the good for nothing shiki like megumi. all of them have their different ways how they handle it.

i haven't really said my opinion on all this, but killing people is wrong. especially if it's not in self defense or by saving someone. sunako and none of the shiki's are justified. at all. that's like saying "Don't kill zombies because they live to kill humans, - it's not their fault!"

also i am totally loving nasuno going to work on here! he's so awesome! i hope the husband didn't kill him O_O and where's akira at if he's alive? only 2 eps left!

oh and am i the only only one recognizing that the husband didn't "accept" the shiki at all, but that he simple wanted to be them? he lived in jealously and lived his life throughout the shiki. therefore he is the root in all this, not only manipulating shiki but definitely making them evil.

and i really liked how the doctor is the one person that can see the fine line of the shiki and humans. he knows what is brutal and what is not. "No, we will not kill the hypnotized humans. That would definitely be murder." and he still has a heart in all this, feeling bad when he realized seishin betrayed him.
TomDayApr 5, 2016 10:55 AM
Apr 27, 2016 9:22 AM

Jan 2013
Just like that ... they've crossed the line.
Who's worth killing and who isn't.

Just as Sunako mentioned ... "Am I a bad person because I didn't starve to death?" ... that actually made me tear up a bit.

Like I said in the previous discussion, I feel really sad for the Shiki ... just as much for the humans.

Shadowmancer said:
This was amazing.
Reading people saying the same things over and over is funny.
The humans don't have to kill to survive! Bla bla bla.
If you look at the Shiki, as you know, not human, they're doing the same thing to humans that humans do to animals.

Exactly, this was also mentioned early on in the show and it's exactly the same.
I also think this is what the show is trying to say, the boundaries between who's worth living and who isn't etc. - The underlying message if you will.
Aug 19, 2016 1:38 AM

Sep 2015
I just love that brutal old dude.
This is the perfect music for him
Oct 19, 2016 5:32 AM

Jul 2008
Monsters are coming out all over the place.

The show is trying very hard to make me sympathize with Sunako....not working.
Jan 2, 2017 7:10 PM

Dec 2015
It will slowly get put of hand, but the shiki deserve what's coming for them.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 28, 2017 3:55 AM

Aug 2016
For those of you blaming the villagers for killing the hypnotized victim.......
you are a complete stupid piece of shit!!!
It's clear from the last scene the "SHIKI" are manipulating them to kill among themselves, and its the SHIKI those tricky, dirty, selfish creatures fault, kill them kill em all, especially the loli and the fag werewolf.
It's better if we can torture that selfish loli and fag werewolf before they die.......
May 9, 2017 1:03 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, the villagers lost it completely. The strong philosophical aspect in this episoded reminded me at Parasyte.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 11, 2017 12:56 PM

Feb 2015
This is bloody madness!
Jun 21, 2017 5:34 AM

Dec 2015
That brute old pop is so savage. gotta love him for staking all the shiki. but i cant blame both sides, the did this to survive
Jul 27, 2017 10:06 PM

Aug 2014
While I haven't been the biggest fan of this show's writing, I have to say that I'm REALLY enjoying this final showdown. This show has had some hauntingly beautiful scenes and it genuinely makes viewers feel uneasy about the whole situation.

Also, while it's not the most elegantly executed, I can't help but love the ambitious visual direction this show has. Fits really well with the show's overall tone.

Best girl continues being best girl even after death.

Apr 24, 2019 6:08 AM

Dec 2013
Well, the monk really won't to the Shiki's side as he let them have his blood. Everything's gone crazy and I admire Ritsuko for her determination!

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 27, 2019 11:17 PM

May 2008
Ookawa is badass holy crap. Don't cross Santa.

"Don't humans hunt animals? Don't humans hunt other humans?" Yes, silly, that's why under that logic it's okay for humans to hunt shiki and shiki to hunt humans.

Sunako's monologue brings up some interesting philosophical implications.

As a "murderer" she's afraid and asks if it's wrong.

Killing with the intent to eat; is it wrong? Depends on who you ask. Nature is all about the strong eating the weak to survive, so it can not be objectively wrong. Yet when it's animals, most humans don't care. But, when it's another human then they see it as a grave sin. Why?
When it's an animal who kills humans, humans hate and kill it in return. Not to eat it, but to avenge. Why?
Vegans see killing animals to eat them as wrong and make that choice just like we see Ritsuko make that choice to become "vegan" even if it means dying. (That's honorable, imo.) But, many see [i]that[/i[ as "wrong." To go against our nature, our biology. Yet when others do so, humans tend to disbelieve it, condemn it, hate it, fear it, shun it. The exact same way shiki are by humans.

Humans, after thousands of years, seemed have come to see themselves as superior and should not be killed. Why? Because huamns are stronger than the rest. Because humans have complex brains that allowed humans to evolve beyond the rest. Because humans fear death. That is humans' justification for why they get sad, angry, vengeful, and all other sorts of emotions when another human is killed. Humans no longer see themselves as a part of the food chain, but above it.

And now shiki have come to exist to challenge that. As we can see here, as mob mentality takes hold, that humans don't see them like hunters chasing an animal prey. As something to compromise with. They see it differently, unacceptable. When, really, are the shiki doing anything humans don't already do? It's not like humans go in and work things out with animals; they just hunt. (Granted they can't, but if they could, would they?) Just like how humans stick to themselves and not expand, killing off other species just to make room for their own kind, the shiki do the same here.

Perhaps humans' greatest flaw is forcing made-up morality onto something as natural as death. It'd be like creating a moral judgement on breathing.

As for how I see it... For when the tables turn on humans, they tend to not like it very much. It doesn't matter what you kill, if you do so you're a murderer. Trying to twist and excuse it for only those "not your kind" doesn't make it any less true. Kill or be killed. If you are willing to kill to survive, for fun, or for any reason, you should expect the same to happen to you. If you can't follow that, you have no business killing anything. There is no greater power dictating who gets to live or not simply by the virtue of what species they evolved to.

Perhaps rather than starting the massacre, the shiki should have tried negotiating with the village. And only then fight for themselves if it went tits up. After all, how many of those turned truly enjoy being a vampire under the thumb of a family and forced in doing things against their will? Really, their flaw is that eventually, just like humans, they'll run out of food unless they start breeding humans for it.
Oct 5, 2019 9:14 PM

Jan 2016
Starts off SUUUPER GORY LMFAO THEY'RE STAKING EVERYONE OMG
Also Im proud of that guy for being able to kill his own son he's fucking awesome.

I can't believe all these guys are walking around blood soaked, thats gotta be super sticky lol.

old buff man killed a human, not surprised though. Knew it was going to happen eventually.
Dec 21, 2019 10:27 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The last part of the episode escalated quickly. Thank God the muscle-y geezer did not take those shot, he seems like the only tough man that the village has fighting for it. This turned from a race of survival to mass murder streaks from both sides.
Sep 6, 2020 1:15 PM

Feb 2020
Warning : I have no idea if whether or not what happens in episode 20.5 should be discussed in this thread or the one about episode 21, so if you haven't seen episode 20.5 don't read further, there's a few spoilers

Wow, it's becoming more and more terrifying, but at the same time I find it interesting how the horror can be felt from both sides.
A lot of people say shikis shouldn't live, but I think the real issue isn't about if whether or not they deserve to live, but more if whether or not they deserve to suffer this much before dying.
Shikis have to kill humans to survive, humans have to kill shikis to survive.
They're on the same level. What makes them true monsters now regards more the way they react to their killings. Do they find pleasure in killing, or do they find nothing but pain, despite knowing they cannot do otherwise ? People like Megumi and
are equal, in the way they both don't care anymore about killing and even find pleasure in doing it.
People like Tohru and
are equal in the way they do not enjoy what they're doing, they just don't have a choice if they want to survive and for their dear ones to be okay.
It of course doesn't make the shikis innocent, just like it doesn't make the humans innocents. This show isn't at all a story about good vs bad, there's an important level of ambiguity and in my opinion, this is what makes it so good.

And just a last thing, to talk about Sunako... I kinda feel bad for her but not as much as I should, because in the end she is far, far from innocent. By that I mean she doesn't even have the "excuse" someone like Tohru can have, because she doesn't feel bad for what she's done, the reason she feels so much regret is only because she realizes it is gonna get her killed. But that's what I like about her character, she is an interesting one.
FafetteSep 6, 2020 1:49 PM
Nov 25, 2020 7:12 AM

Dec 2018
it was...intense
Jun 19, 2021 9:32 AM

Jan 2020
Ookawa reminds me of Heihachi Mishima
Jun 19, 2021 9:34 AM

Jan 2020
Dang.........this doctor......not even a tears for his own mother.
Jun 19, 2021 9:37 AM

Jan 2020
Well seems like Tooru got what he wanted....
Jun 19, 2021 9:38 AM

Jan 2020
I'm expecting some fight to happen between Ookawa and Tatsumi

2 more episodes......
Dec 11, 2021 10:49 AM

Mar 2019
Poor Ritsuko, but from what I see, it feels like a lie. Not eating as a shiki feels the same as not eating as a human. At least they can be together at the end :(

Sunako is also wrong. You don't need to kill people in order to survive, you just need to drink blood.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 14, 2021 4:53 PM

Apr 2015
Good episode, Ookawa is aggressive but actually smart sometimes
Ritsuko philosophy was admirable,
Sunako is full of crap with that monologue, she could've found a way to survive without killing hundreds
and the monk is still stupid as usual though I think he is up to something (might turn to a werewolf and fight Ozaki?)
Dec 31, 2021 7:52 PM

Mar 2021
this lolicon of a monk needs to die asap, but now they realized that they need to kill living people that are not yet turned into a Shiki. Toshio must have been conflicted to kill his own bestfriend
🐐

Jan 27, 2022 9:20 AM
Nov 2020
Like I said both the races kill and eat others to survive. Nothing wrong in that. I'm a meat eater. I consume other living beings though i can probably survive on plant based diet. But I eat meat and fish because I enjoy eating them. I don't mind admitting that. But shikis can't do that. They need only blood to survive. This anime is not for kids who judge characters in good or bad.
Aug 26, 2022 3:32 PM
Apr 2022
Probably the most impactful episode of this series. Looking forward to the next episodes.

What i really have liked about the show as a whole is that it keeps up new mysteries coming and more unanswered questions. We get a backstory of the lady shiki who was with the doctor which was kinda nice to see. All over a very good episode.
Aug 30, 2022 4:04 PM

Feb 2015
So far the humans have done nothing to make me root for them.
Nov 23, 2022 4:47 PM
Dec 2020
Xelzy said:
I don't feel sorry for Sunako, she had it comming. I still don't understand why she had to kill for food. A Shiki drains 1/3 of the blood, why not attack one human once? They don't have to kill them, but they chose to do so.

This

They even have the power to hypnotize them into thinking it was a dream or sth.
Monologue was just full of bullshit excuses

Jul 12, 2023 3:27 AM
Aug 2018
Toshio realizing people are too messed in mind at this point, there's no differentiating now, only vamps and human💀😩
Jul 12, 2023 3:28 AM
Aug 2018
Xx_DannySNZ_xX said:
Probably the most impactful episode of this series. Looking forward to the next episodes.

What i really have liked about the show as a whole is that it keeps up new mysteries coming and more unanswered questions. We get a backstory of the lady shiki who was with the doctor which was kinda nice to see. All over a very good episode.

You might have missed an episode if you didn't see her story in earlier episodes 🤣
Sep 10, 2023 6:34 AM

Nov 2010
As I've said in the previous episode, these Shiki doomed themselves by aggressively consuming and converting the village people in such a short time. They probably would've gotten away with it if they kept it covert, like what they did in the first half of the season, but then there would be no drama and story, and it's an easy victory for the Shiki.

Stupid move by Atsushi. Why would he perform the deed when it was so close to dawn? Was he not informed that the humans are actively hunting them now? What did he expect by leaving all that trace behind and hiding in the same building? No wonder his father was disappointed in him.

They explored interesting moral topics in this episode. I still think humans are a bunch of hypocrites with their bigotry & double standards, and I have low respect for them. I really hate the fact I belong to the same species.
Dec 8, 2023 2:41 PM

Jul 2016
Yo! Mr. Ookawa is the shit! Absolutely love how implacable his character is. Man, wish he had joined Toshio's crusade earlier...

And as for the show trying its hardest to make viewers empathize with Sunako... sorry, it's not working in the slightest. I appreciate the effort tho.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.