Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 23, 2010 2:42 AM
Oct 2010
Who is your favorite Destiny couple!? mine has to be luna x shinn =)
~ The Blade Children
Oct 23, 2010 2:59 AM

Feb 2009
Shin x Cellphone
Oct 24, 2010 6:05 AM

Mar 2009
Futaro said:
Shin x Cellphone

-LOLOLOL at this. XD
Jan 7, 2011 10:17 PM

Sep 2010
Shinn/Luna
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 3, 2011 2:24 PM

Nov 2010
where is the shinn x stella option =(. Shinn x stella > shinn x luna by far. The latter had no buildup at all, just seemed like something they stuck in there.
Mar 26, 2011 7:24 AM

Aug 2009
Shinn x Stellar

Hate Luna. :(

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

May 3, 2011 3:04 AM
Aug 2010
Mu La Flaga x Murrue Ramius ^.^
May 4, 2011 7:00 AM

Feb 2009
Cagalli x Athrun. Though given a choice, I'd like Athrun x Lunamaria / Athrun x Meyrin / Athrun x Meer. But they are all not official couples.

Shinn x Cellphone is awesome too.
Nov 22, 2011 2:04 AM

Nov 2007
Lacus x Kira. But i also want Lacus x Athrun and Lacus x Shinn!
~ Lacus fan. Obviously.. :DD
Apr 13, 2012 11:13 PM
Mar 2011
cagalli and athrun. They have been through so much together.
Apr 20, 2012 6:50 PM

Dec 2010
Lacus x Kira and it ain't close
Apr 28, 2012 7:26 PM
Mar 2010
seiyuu said:
Shin x Cellphone

Seriously, that, my friend, made up for some of the shit in this show.

And for the poll, most definitely Lacus and Kira. All this romance drama thrown at Cagalli and Athrum. And then all that bullshit that is Shinn. Lacus and Kira all the way.
Apr 28, 2012 8:00 PM

Mar 2012
cagalli_55 said:
cagalli and athrun. They have been through so much together.

Ya..I don't really like the story in Destiny :/
Jul 20, 2012 10:27 PM

May 2012
seiyuu said:
Shin x Cellphone

^This
Apr 4, 2013 7:29 AM
Mar 2013
Yeah..It bothered me a lot that Shinn and the cellphone never kissed :/
Jun 26, 2013 5:54 PM

Jul 2010
Cagalli ♥ Athrun
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Jun 27, 2013 10:50 PM
Jun 2013
Mu with Murrue all the way
Jun 28, 2013 5:37 PM
Dec 2012
princess_potato said:
Yeah..It bothered me a lot that Shinn and the cellphone never kissed :/
such a waste.i would love to see it
Jan 3, 2015 6:46 AM

Dec 2013
Shinn x Cellphone is probably the most perfect couple in any form of media ever. Other than that I refuse to vote on this poll because SEED made my perfect couple completely impossible and Destiny only carried over the couples from SEED other than Shinn's relationships. The only couple that ever should have been is Kira x Cagalli, that stupid shit with them being twins really pissed me off, they were perfect together.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 3, 2015 9:19 AM
Mar 2013
The_Bif said:
The only couple that ever should have been is Kira x Cagalli, that stupid shit with them being twins really pissed me off, they were perfect together.
Although I don't like the pairing I can understand where you are coming from. In fact, Kira and Cagalli met each other in the beginning of Seed before any of the other couples. To be honest the entire brother/sister nonsense felt forced and out of place. Almost like they used a concept from Star Wars.

Although I like Athrun and Cagalli, and I must admit I have a soft spot for Lacus and Athrun. We never got to see too much of them because the war kept both of them apart but I really liked what little we did see of their relationship. Felt like a really sweet couple.
Jan 3, 2015 12:52 PM

Dec 2013
emeraldrosary said:
The_Bif said:
The only couple that ever should have been is Kira x Cagalli, that stupid shit with them being twins really pissed me off, they were perfect together.
Although I don't like the pairing I can understand where you are coming from. In fact, Kira and Cagalli met each other in the beginning of Seed before any of the other couples. To be honest the entire brother/sister nonsense felt forced and out of place. Almost like they used a concept from Star Wars.

Although I like Athrun and Cagalli, and I must admit I have a soft spot for Lacus and Athrun. We never got to see too much of them because the war kept both of them apart but I really liked what little we did see of their relationship. Felt like a really sweet couple.

Yeah, I can agree about Lacus and Athrun. I didn't really care for Lacus at first, she grew on me in the end because of how presence she had during the end of SEED, but her pairing with Kira seemed kind of forced to me. I could have handled her being his sister a lot better than Cagalli, it would have made more sense to me.

I really loved Cagalli as a character and her interaction with Kira was very natural and caring, as far as couples in SEED go I don't really think any of them fit together as naturally as those two. Lacus and Athrun could have been good together given the chance, but the lack of development and interaction made it impossible. The pairing of Murrue and Mu was cute but still seemed kind of spontaneous, like they just decided at the last minute "hey lets put these two together". It did create a very emotional scene at the end of SEED when Mu dies and we see how everything is affecting Murrue, but that's about it for them really. But, we've been talking more SEED than Destiny so we're a bit off topic.

As for purely Destiny pairings... Well, Kira and Lacus are kind of cute together in Destiny and it doesn't feel as forced. I actually kind of like the way that pairing works in Destiny. Athrun and Cagalli still seem out of place to me, but that's probably because Cagalli is one of my favorite characters and I am still bitter about that shit in SEED. I don't really care about Shinn or his pairings at all, I really just don't like Shinn. I could have actually gotten behind the pairing of Lunamaria and Athrun, but we all know all of the things that derailed that one.

So, I stand by my original statement that the best Destiny couple is Shinn and his sister's cellphone.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 3, 2015 1:38 PM

Dec 2013
emeraldrosary said:
The_Bif said:

I can agree with you about Lacus and Athrun, if they had of been given time to develop their relationship it might have been nice. I honestly didn't like Lacus much at first, but she grew on me eventually and I have to admit that I grew sort of fond of her. But her relationship with Kira felt sort of forced to me, at least it did during SEED. In Destiny I actually enjoyed the way Kira x Lacus as a couple were portrayed, they were very caring and devoted to each other.

The Athrun x Cagalli pairing felt rather forced as well, it was like they just threw it together at the same time as they threw together the brother/sister crap with Kira and Cagalli so they wouldn't be left out when they put Kira and Lacus together.

Cagalli is one of my favorite characters and I really enjoyed her interactions with Kira before they dropped that bomb about them being family, their interactions were very natural and sweet. They were really the only couple that didn't seem forced to me. Don't even get me started on that dumb whore Flay.

As for Destiny pairings, I would have liked to see Lunamaria x Athrun. That could have been a very nice pairing, but that's probably because Luna is one of the only Destiny characters that I like.
Jan 18, 2015 6:23 PM

Jul 2014
Well Athrun x Lacus Are My Favorite ~ Followed By Shin x Luna <3
Mar 15, 2015 8:39 AM

Jun 2013
Kira x Lacus = the best
Sep 7, 2017 9:40 PM

Apr 2016
My favourite couple is Lacus and Kira. :) I always love the care and devotion they have for each other. Lacus gives Kira the space he needs, during and after the war from the prequel series, and in this series, as she doesn’t demand him to be or do anything (yes, the polar opposite of Flay <.<). I found it so touching, when Lacus was hesitant about giving Kira the key to open the doors and pilot the Freedom... T.T Lacus knows how traumatized Kira is from the war, and she apologized, because he had to fight against the enemies who were aiming for her life... It was so sad, because no one wants to see Kira return to the battlefield, but once again, he chose to fight willingly, to protect his friends... I can see that Lacus fell in love with Kira through his kindness, and he motivated her to move forward in the prequel for example, when she said that Kira decided to return to the battlefield while he was crying... Seeing Kira in such a state had Lacus see that she should take action as well. :( It's so lovely to see the couple's concern for each other, like when Lacus told Kira that she wanted to impersonate Meer and hijack a shuttle to go to space, but Kira didn't want her to because it would be dangerous, yet he still gave in, and even reached her shuttle because he was worried. x( These two behave like a married couple!! <3 (OMG, in the Character Theater, Kira loved and praised the food Lacus made xD)

I'm upset that Cagalli and Athrun were handled poorly. I like them as a couple too. I view the ring that Athrun gave Cagalli as them having a very solid relationship. The circumstances just weren't right, since Cagalli was busy and Athrun was confused. :/ The writer and the director had too much hate, unfortunately... -_- I don't think it was in Cagalli's character at all, to marry Yuna, without talking with Athrun! + It was just unnecessary to have Meer, Lunamaria, and Meyrin around Athrun; he's not some playboy. >< I also don't think it's in Athrun's character to not be upset about Cagalli's engagement... Even if Athrun doesn't express his feelings vocally, I think he would still feel SOMETHING. .________. No one would be okay, or not have negative emotions, if their significant other agreed to marry someone else!! At least there were no hard feelings when Lacus and Athrun ended their engagement –although, it is debatable that it’s NOT in Athrun and Lacus’s characters to not talk about their engagement ending– so they are still very good friends. If Cagalli married Yuna, I don’t picture how she and Athrun could stay as friends. They’d probably stop talking…. ><

chie_shou13 said:
Futaro said:
Shin x Cellphone

-LOLOLOL at this. XD
ME TOO!! I literally lol-ed and I'm still grinning at your comment!! XD I prefer Shinn and Mayu’s cellphone over him and Lunamaria... ;P Shinn was calm when he looked through the photos on his sister's cellphone at least. <3 (Although, there were feels when Shinn clung to Mayu’s phone and cried, after listening to her voicemail message… T.T)
Bostonblows said:
where is the shinn x stella option =(. Shinn x stella > shinn x luna by far. The latter had no buildup at all, just seemed like something they stuck in there.
I totally agree!! I had such intense emotions for Shinn and Stella. Even though Shinn was an angry character, and he scolded Stella for falling off the cliff, I really liked seeing him calm down and comfort Stella during their first meeting, even though she was a complete stranger. The way Shinn hugged Stella, and when he covered her wound with his handkerchief were touching. It was also heartwarming, when Stella gave Shinn a shell, which made him smile and he said thank you. :) Shinn has been so busy fighting, I don't remember seeing him smile like that (excluding cellphone moments), before he became a pilot... </3 I think if the circumstances were different, Stella and Shinn could have worked as a couple -either as friends or lovers. If Stella received the treatment and care she needed to be okay mentally, and developed her identity further, Shinn could have bonded with Stella for who she is, instead of a war victim who he feels he needs to protect. I like that Stella's innocence when they're together shows us a side of Shinn that isn't angry, but as someone who is caring and even gentle. :) Ideal scenario aside, it was clear they were important to each other – Shinn placed the shell Stella gave him in a jar and smiled, and he was hesitant and so hurt when he returned Stella to Neo... :( Stella held onto Shinn's handkerchief as well, and did remember him somehow after he brought her to the Minerva, despite not remembering him initially since Neo removed him from her memories. :( Shinn was the only person who didn’t manipulate Stella, as he genuinely cared for her safety, so I think that’s why he’s so special to her. SO, I don't know how exactly to label Shinn and Stella, but they definitely had a connection! <3
I was not fond of Lunamaria and Shinn as a pairing, lol. I don't understand Lunamaria in the romance department - she initially had a crush on Athrun, which ended(?) after she saw Meer in Athrun's room. But to be honest, I don't understand the fuss she made - she already thought Athrun and Lacus were engaged, so what was the big deal?.? I don't know what the emotional or thought process was on Lunamaria's part. Also, Shinn held such intense emotions for Stella, so how did he move on and choose to be with Lunamaria? At most, I thought Lunamaria comforted Shinn after he failed to protect Stella. Perhaps the (romantic?) arrangement worked, when Lunamaria cried as she clung onto Shinn, because she thought Meyrin died? So, you're right about Lunamaria and Shinn being thrown together, without development. >< Lunamaria and Shinn have known each other for a while, so I would assume that if they had feelings, they’d notice earlier. Even if the two didn’t recognize their feelings sooner, I’d like to see HOW or WHEN they began to view each other romantically, no longer as fellow pilots or friends.

The_Bif said:
Don't even get me started on that dumb whore Flay.
LOL!! This comment honestly made me laugh out loud!! XD I'll never forgive the way Flay manipulated Kira. -____- When Flay died and said, "Let my true feelings protect you," I still don't know what her true feelings are! O______O Poor Kira for carrying the guilt of not protecting her...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 50 Discussion

Symphonica - Aug 6, 2010

38 by Andiuxy »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 9 Discussion

gohdan - Aug 10, 2010

14 by CheungCrygor8818 »»
Mar 26, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 8 Discussion

gohdan - Aug 10, 2010

17 by CheungCrygor8818 »»
Mar 25, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 45 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 2, 2010

14 by Maria1988 »»
Mar 23, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 44 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 2, 2010

20 by Maria1988 »»
Mar 23, 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.