Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 2, 2015 2:32 AM

Mar 2013
Loved it from start to finish. Kusakabe and Hanako's arc was my favorite of all.
Dec 1, 2015 1:41 AM

May 2014
Incredible, this manga just kept getting better and better, and now it's finally over.

Damn it, tears were streaming these past few chapters.
I loved the special with Akane too, "Are you watching, Loki?" TT_TT

Now I'm here with the rest of you waiting for an anime, and if they do, I hope they do it well.
EdmundohDec 1, 2015 4:09 AM
Dec 6, 2015 4:29 PM

Dec 2012
Edmundoh said:
Incredible, this manga just kept getting better and better, and now it's finally over.

Damn it, tears were streaming these past few chapters.
I loved the special with Akane too, "Are you watching, Loki?" TT_TT

Now I'm here with the rest of you waiting for an anime, and if they do, I hope they do it well.

Akane's character turned out incredible, right?
Let's hope some miracle happens and they decide to adapt this. I'd be satisfied with anything Mizukami, though.

By the way, you should really check some of his other works, specially Spirit Circle, which some people consider to be even better than Hoshi no Samidare.
Dec 15, 2015 4:34 AM

May 2014
Tulicloure said:

Akane's character turned out incredible, right?
Let's hope some miracle happens and they decide to adapt this. I'd be satisfied with anything Mizukami, though.

By the way, you should really check some of his other works, specially Spirit Circle, which some people consider to be even better than Hoshi no Samidare.

I certainly will! It's on my plan to read, would be nice if there were some volumes I could buy right now, at least crunchy has a simulpub for it =)
Feb 18, 2016 1:24 PM

May 2014
I'm a bit sad that there are no more chapters for me to read, but this was a beautiful way to end an amazing series. Still hoping it gets an anime adaptation sometime in the future because I would love to experience watching this story.
Jul 25, 2016 5:00 AM

Oct 2011
See ??!! that's how you made a good happy ending.
i loved Taiyo change the most. from the emo kid to the most happy aloha guy.
Sep 3, 2016 10:04 PM

Mar 2015
This manga was... odd. In the good sense of the term. I truly have a hard time telling how I felt about it.

Consider Berserk for instance. I like Berserk more than this manga. And yet, I had to pause every now and then when reading Berserk (it's just how I am, I can read so many chapters/watch so many anime episodes before getting bored) while I read this manga in like a couple days.

I was always craving to know what'd happen next, and well, I think that's a great thing. The manga really captivated me.

My biggest issue with it is the pacing. Some parts were fluing by wayyy too slowly while others were touched on too fast.

The pairings at the end were really questionable, too.

Apart from these issues, it's been quite a fantastic ride.I've yet to read a manga as similar as this one. The author has balls, I gotta admit. Killing off Shinonome and Takou (2 of my fav characters) was a bold move, and was a great way to throw plot armot out of the window (I hate plot armor).

So yeah, by its oddness, its great story-telling, its quirkyness, its awesome, sad, happy moments, this manga definitely surpised me in a good way.

It bums me out to be actually done with such a rare (I really want to emphaisze this), great manga :/
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Sep 11, 2016 6:51 PM

Aug 2014
I did not see that one coming

I REALLY DID NOT SEE THAT ONE COMING o_0

Looks like Subaru might actually have a chance with Mikazuki after all. Lee won't be too happy about this. Akane and Yuki getting together was a giving and speaking of Akane, he's now looking like a mini-Yuu lol. I'm proud of his overall change.

Happy to see that our princess is a-ok and she's looking mighty fine if I might add :p

Not gonna lie the scene with eveybody receiving the plushies of their respective familiar really got to me :

Cheers to not only one of the best endings I've read but also to one of the best shonens series out there! I guess my only gripe with the series would be that the story was a bit confusing at times and Animus's characterization as a villain was pretty weak but aside from that everything else was really solid.

Satoshi Mizukami definitely gained a few fan today.
8/10
Nov 14, 2016 2:52 AM

Jun 2011
Oh man, that was such a good ending, I've lost all my will to shit on this manga, but I gotta express it, I've struggled to finish the manga, even considered dropping it halfway.

I really dislike the way the manga was written, it started with Yuuhi playing into the role of Samidare's knight, it felt like a parody and it kinda made me cringe with all the "I obey, princess" speeches while kneeling down on one knee, the whole relationship felt really awkward especially coming from Yuuhi, who's not acting like people from his generation.

Then there's the whole thing with the manga dragging for no reason. The story is extremely simple, the idea for characterization was nice but it didn't have the flow in it, and the development is pretty meh and predictable in general. I have no idea why the God big bro gotta create 12 golems to take over the world. I know it's the rule of the game, but the way the story went it almost looked as if he wasn't looking to destroy the world. Gotta give our main characters time to develop their powers, right?

The whole backstory was also kinda wack, the God complex big bro became who he is.. because he's who he is? It doesn't explain anything or how he came to be, it just is. Kids don't act like kids in manga, a lot of manga does that and it annoys me. Not only the backstory didn't really explain the God big bro's character, it didn't even show how those knights come to be, why it gotta be in animal form, why it has its own character, etc. The whole thing don't really click.

Then there's Samidare's motivation for destroying the world, it's just so meh.. it ended well, but she could have wished to get better.

I also didn't like the usual cliche of every girls (not really) falling in love with Yuuhi, come on, this should be considered a harem with more than 2 girls liking him, and dare I say, without much of a reason. Samidare likes him because she met him one time during her childhood. Snake woman.. idk, she just likes him I guess? Who's the last one again? Uh I don't really care. Not only for Yuuhi, the whole forced romance implication annoyed me very much, turtle girl with owl boy, rooster girl with Mikazuki, then of course they had to end it with snake girl with black cat guy. There's also the mantis girl with the childhood guy who've unfortunately passed away during battle. It's like you can't stay together without somewhat getting into romance.

I also don't get how they defeated Animus(?), the God big bro, wasn't he supposed to be able to regenerate and whatnot, it was just wham, one stab and he's gone, after all that flashy action before.

This manga is written in a non-typical way, the idea of it was good, but it reeks of amateurish writing. I hated Yuuhi early on, it's different that he's not your typical goody protagonist, but it doesn't mean that it's automatically a good thing. The only chapter I actually somewhat liked was probably the final chapter. The manga is ranked so high it's somewhat misleading for me.

I hope Spirit Circle and Sengoku Youko (recently started the first chapter, then it's on hold) are better than this, those series caught my attention a while ago but I was waiting for them to end. Don't want those series to turn out to be disappointing like this one is.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 31, 2017 7:29 AM

Oct 2016
Phew....I'm glad that Asahina survived. And that's how you do a proper, happy ending (Maybe too happy?). Thought that it would just be another typical ecchi/romcom + action at first, got a brilliantly written action/fantasy instead. Well, not gonna lie, it does have its fair share of flaws too, but the series still managed to keep me entertained from start to finish. Kudos to the mangaka. Now I'm hyped for Spirit Circle!
Ace_39Jan 31, 2017 7:33 AM
Jun 9, 2017 5:00 PM

May 2015
Absolutely fucking fantastic. I was a sobbing mess for those last three chapters.

Feb 5, 2018 4:35 PM

Sep 2017
This was definitely great, I loved the ending and I'm glad best girl survived and got over her illness
Mar 6, 2018 10:52 AM

Jan 2013
This manga really wanted to make me cry and I was AT THE VERGE of crying when the animals left the knights. Overall pretty amazing manga
Aug 10, 2018 10:52 AM

Mar 2015
That's a nice ending. I wouldn't call it my favorite because there were some parts that was dull, but I think I overall enjoyed it. 8/10

Aug 21, 2018 8:18 PM

Dec 2016
simply fucking amazing
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 25, 2020 9:24 PM

May 2018
Why has this not been greenlit for an anime yet?

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Mar 28, 2020 9:47 AM

Nov 2008
Damn it, i really should do a better job at avoiding stories like this that have youth and growing up as their core themes. They always remind me about how i wasted my adolescent and young adult years playing video games and not getting to enjoy life as the characters portrayed.

Now, personal issues aside, i found this manga to be rather fine overall. The somewhat large main cast is probably the best part, with every character being fleshed out through a personal arc and being relevant to the story in one way or another, so each one of them feels essential. On a contrary, some secondary characters felt as if the author initially planned for them to play a role in the story but abandoned those ideas along the way, in particular the two Samidare's classmates and the younger Hiwatari (the first one to fall in love with Yuuhi). Hisame has also disappeared from the stage after the initial volumes, reappearing only in Samidare-centered chapters after that.

Although Yuuhi's growth, as the central development in the story, was portrayed well, i didn't quite get what the author wanted to do with his initial characterization. In particular, the whole thing about his grandfather torturing and brainwashing him for 10 years still sounds as a huge overkill. If it was there just to explain Yuuhi's nihilistic attitude then i believe there could have been a better ways to do that.

I also want to commend the author's portrayal of drinking. Each time the characters gathered to have a drink together was much fun. And the way it usually started, like "Let's go have a drink" followed by "Ah, okay", for some reason felt really natural. To be honest those were probably my favourite parts of this manga.

The ending was more or less in line with what i was expecting, yet i couldn't help but get emotional, sasuga Mizukami. The timeskip was the icing on the cake, though everyone getting paired among the group felt a little forced, i don't think it was necessary at all.

I made a blog post compilation of my favourite quotes from the manga here if anyone interested.

P.s. it appears there is also an extra chapter after this. I wonder why it isn't in the MAL's database though.

ToG25thBaam said:
I also don't get how they defeated Animus(?), the God big bro, wasn't he supposed to be able to regenerate and whatnot, it was just wham, one stab and he's gone, after all that flashy action before.

It's like you didn't pay enough attention. He didn't have any stamina left for that- he was exhausted from keeping up the force field to keep Samidare away.

Ittan_Momen said:
Why has this not been greenlit for an anime yet?

Wasn't it that anime is usually made to boost manga sales? A manga that ended 10 years ago doesn't really appear to be in need of a boost in sales.
GenoardMar 28, 2020 10:12 AM
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jul 16, 2020 10:18 PM

May 2013
Honestly, a rather average story, especially if I compare it with the mangaka's other work Spirit Circle.

But wow, this epilogue was quite good. Didn't expect to tear up a little in the last two chapters. The mangaka really knows how to show people growing up and achieving their own happiness. Heck, this is how epilogues should be.

A nice healing touch of an ending and definitely improved my overall perception of the whole thing.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Dec 22, 2020 11:33 PM

Jul 2020
Damn, one of the most satisfying ending in manga that I have ever read. Thank you for this Satoshi-sensei. I loved it from start to finish.

9/10

I accept random friend requests!
Jul 27, 2021 7:57 PM

Aug 2015
Really loved the ending and enjoyed the series to the core.. wanna find more stories like this hehe <3
10/10 for me.. :)
when I start to move ahead...crossed the limit of death !!! (MyAnimeList - NOOB CLUB)

Oct 12, 2022 10:06 PM

Oct 2016
The art was just average throughout most of the manga but became really good in the last chapters. Also, a fine finale.
Apr 30, 2023 4:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty good ending to this original series, liked the plot and most of the character for the originality even though it didn't impress me THAT much, but still it's great to see all the characters 10 years later and get this happy ending :)
Sep 9, 2023 10:02 AM

May 2020
Damn that was a good manga.

It's doesn't have the most original story arcs or character progressions but I genuinely appreciate the effort that the author put into developing the entire cast (although I do feel like this came at the cost of making Samidare herself a bit irrelevant). I also enjoyed the story, although I do think Animus was a pretty underwhelming villain. Still, it has a strong (if cliche) ending and I'm pretty satisfied at how it turned out.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Will this ever get an anime adaptation?

spigot - Oct 13, 2011

36 by AstaLoliDragneel »»
Apr 15, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Chapter 20 Discussion

Saviuz - Mar 9, 2010

12 by S_k_Roy »»
Apr 14, 12:20 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Chapter 14 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 25, 2008

26 by KanYeeT »»
Mar 27, 2:13 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Chapter 10 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 9, 2008

11 by KanYeeT »»
Mar 27, 1:11 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Chapter 6 Discussion

Faust721 - Oct 31, 2008

12 by KanYeeT »»
Mar 27, 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.