Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 26, 2010 3:05 PM

May 2009
watched 16 episodes and FUCKING FINALLY THE PLOT is moving..

not cool, not cool at all.

and i never knew what stupidity is before meeting Albert..
tho its kinda funny to see him react/speak in couple of scenes..cant stop laughing..
Baka_xDJul 26, 2010 3:11 PM
Sep 13, 2010 1:24 PM

Feb 2010
True, it took off around episode 16. But it's ok, I think the previous episodes were necessary for character development and stuff.
Jan 27, 2016 5:21 AM

Jul 2015
In light of this new bit of info, I'm now dropping this. I hate slow anime.
Jan 31, 2016 3:20 PM

Oct 2014
I'm in episode 8 and half asleep, half just listening to the amazing soundtrack. Beautiful but boring. Does it really deserves an 8.30? (I'm not gonna drop it anyway, though)
Mar 19, 2016 9:03 PM

Jun 2007
I lose hope for humanity whenever I browse MAL's forums. Anime fans have such limited attention spans they need forced Aldnoah Zero cliffhangers and cannot understand patience is a virtue.

True enough; Gankutsuou is mostly all build-up for just over the first half and it took me awhile when rewatching for the 100th time (I also 8/10'd it before ep18, originally), but that's just the sort of series it is: it later rewards viewers with 2/3 villains being taken down in one episode!

I mean, seriously: are people THAT stupid they require martial arts type revenge movies, rather than suspense? I know the answer but the question still needs asking, I feel.

AironicallyHumanMar 19, 2016 9:09 PM
Mar 19, 2016 11:03 PM

Jul 2015
AironicallyHuman said:
I lose hope for humanity whenever I browse MAL's forums. Anime fans have such limited attention spans they need forced Aldnoah Zero cliffhangers and cannot understand patience is a virtue.

True enough; Gankutsuou is mostly all build-up for just over the first half and it took me awhile when rewatching for the 100th time (I also 8/10'd it before ep18, originally), but that's just the sort of series it is: it later rewards viewers with 2/3 villains being taken down in one episode!

I mean, seriously: are people THAT stupid they require martial arts type revenge movies, rather than suspense? I know the answer but the question still needs asking, I feel.

You need to learn that everyone isn't the same and what you find entertaining might bore the hell out of the next person. Everyone is different and it's immature as hell to call someone stupid just because they don't share the same taste in anime as you. If you wanna sit there and spend hours watching something dull because of the promise of a reward at the end, you do that, but don't insult others who choose to drop it and move on to something they find more to their tastes. Stop acting so spoilt and learn to play nice with the other kids in the playground.
The_BadguyMar 20, 2016 5:02 AM
Mar 19, 2016 11:05 PM

Nov 2014
It is pretty slow, but worth overall.

Mar 19, 2016 11:34 PM

Oct 2013
I enjoyed every bit of it, I was so immerse in that series since the very first episode, so the pacing wasn't a issue for me. I guess if you're not enjoying it, the pacing will be more noticeable.
Mar 20, 2016 6:02 AM

Jun 2007
The_Badguy said:
You need to learn that everyone isn't the same. Everyone is different and it's immature as hell to call someone stupid just because they don't share the same taste in anime as you.

This thread is not about differing tastes, but instead judging too early because of a sodding forum post by some guy in 2010! That and seemingly failing to comprehend that the structure of every narrative is not OMGDEATHKILLREVENGEEXCITE from the get-go... then dropping in 2015, some 5 years after the post. With such generic a username, forgive me for judging you as you judged something else!

I have a friend I recommended the series to: he finished it, rated 7/10 and said he thought the first half was slow/too many support characters. Fair enough: he articulated his opinion based on seeing it all. I respect that. It's not as if Gankutsuou is 100eps/LotGH: it is a heavily condensed version of arguably the greatest novel ever written. Which had the same approach to pacing.

Saying "everone is different, leave me alone!1!1!" is the ultimate pussy excuse on the internet. This thread came across as condescending as I am now to you, and that paired with ignorance pisses me off. Taste is subjective, but forum stupidity never nerds factual clarification.
AironicallyHumanMar 20, 2016 6:06 AM
Mar 20, 2016 7:11 AM

Jul 2015
AironicallyHuman said:
The_Badguy said:
You need to learn that everyone isn't the same. Everyone is different and it's immature as hell to call someone stupid just because they don't share the same taste in anime as you.

This thread is not about differing tastes, but instead judging too early because of a sodding forum post by some guy in 2010! That and seemingly failing to comprehend that the structure of every narrative is not OMGDEATHKILLREVENGEEXCITE from the get-go... then dropping in 2015, some 5 years after the post. With such generic a username, forgive me for judging you as you judged something else!

I have a friend I recommended the series to: he finished it, rated 7/10 and said he thought the first half was slow/too many support characters. Fair enough: he articulated his opinion based on seeing it all. I respect that. It's not as if Gankutsuou is 100eps/LotGH: it is a heavily condensed version of arguably the greatest novel ever written. Which had the same approach to pacing.

Saying "everone is different, leave me alone!1!1!" is the ultimate pussy excuse on the internet. This thread came across as condescending as I am now to you, and that paired with ignorance pisses me off. Taste is subjective, but forum stupidity never nerds factual clarification.

Wow, you must be fun at parties. Judging an anime is not the same as judging someone for not liking it. We all have anime we love and anime we hate, some people actually love that "OMGDEATHKILLREVENGEEXCITE" you look so down on - that doesn't make them stupid, it just means they like something you don't.

What's funny us how ironic it is that you're going around calling people ignorant for not seeing eye to eye with you. What you are doing is the epitome of ignorance - throwing a hissy fit because you think someone insulted a TV show you hold dear to your heart. Get off your high horse and realise that there's no right and wrong when it comes to people's preference in entertainment, what is wrong though is entitled know it alls who think their attitudes towards said entertainment is absolute and anyone who does not conform with their ideology is wrong by default.

It's people like you who give anime lovers a bad name - instead of understanding that we are all a huge community of different ideas and opinions who have anime in common, you've convinced yourself that there's a right and a wrong approach to anime, and yours is the right way. Stop acting like a spoilt brat and grow up.
Mar 20, 2016 7:33 AM

Jun 2007
It means they/you/hetheywho gain pleasure more from more a simplistic, action approach. Which is fine as long as you can accept that for what it is. Your shounen 'taste' is the main problem here, even accepting the series has gradual initial pacing, rather than Gankutsuou.

My way is only the right way because I don't jump the gun and assume I am right before even seeing or knowing. You pride yourself on being 'different' enough to take a badly typed forum post as gospel. I call you ignorant for being ignorant.

I've always thought it's 7-10/10 only idiots that give anime a bad name, personally, but there we go: opinions.
Mar 20, 2016 8:14 AM

Jul 2015
Bet you're an only child.
Aug 28, 2016 4:22 PM

Mar 2015
The_Badguy said:
Bet you're an only child.

Bet you're a virgin.

Sword Art Online an 8? How does it feel to be lonely in your little world. Truth is, the majority of the people here don't have it in them to stray away from the mainstream/norm. There's a lot of cliche/similar anime's that aren't deep and have flaws that are rated higher than the cleverly better ones because MAL is infested with way too many weeaboo horny crybabies.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 13, 2008

173 by stationry »»
Apr 19, 9:36 AM

» About the Ending of Gankutsuou [Spoilers]

DeactivatedProbe - May 29, 2021

2 by scrapegoat »»
Feb 19, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Jun 14, 2008

94 by KuroGFX »»
Feb 6, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

StabbyPWNS - Nov 3, 2008

120 by Leongolleyn »»
Dec 29, 2023 5:48 AM

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 13 Discussion

Mikiyo - Apr 8, 2009

45 by nicissad »»
Oct 5, 2023 10:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.