Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 9, 2011 7:18 AM

Oct 2008
naikou said:

If you have a different interpretation of what it means to be a person, then Umineko will seem unfair.

I won’t say it’s unfair strictly speaking, as clues were indeed scattered across EP1-4. However this is really cheap: in the end, the bulk of the mystery relies on a verbal trick, and that’s it.
You may disagree and think it’s ok, but I do consider it sub par, as far as mystery is concerned.
Good thing Umineko is a story about a mystery, and not a pure mystery. At least we got awesome characters, epic danmaku logic battles and <very good> music.
Jan 9, 2011 5:53 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah... mystery novels are actually pretty boring, a lot of the time! Mostly because you don't have many interesting characters (except the detective, but he/she never goes through much development). Also, Golden Age mysteries were all written during the 20's, so some of the clues are so outdated that you can't even solve the mystery.

verbal trick
It's not really a verbal trick, per se. It's more a matter of philosophy. But, eh, I do understand where you're coming from.
Jan 9, 2011 6:54 PM

Jul 2008
dioptase said:
naikou said:

If you have a different interpretation of what it means to be a person, then Umineko will seem unfair.

I won’t say it’s unfair strictly speaking, as clues were indeed scattered across EP1-4. However this is really cheap: in the end, the bulk of the mystery relies on a verbal trick, and that’s it.
You may disagree and think it’s ok, but I do consider it sub par, as far as mystery is concerned.
Good thing Umineko is a story about a mystery, and not a pure mystery. At least we got awesome characters, epic danmaku logic battles and <very good> music.

I thought it was kind of annoying because it just changes how I have to interpret like half of the red truths. Things I thought I could trust or people I thought were dead area all of a sudden not.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Your favorite character^^ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsumu - Jul 21, 2009

253 by LeonhartAugust »»
Jun 4, 2021 11:18 AM

» Favorite Couples

GamzeeMakara - Aug 28, 2010

43 by Suzuka »»
May 23, 2018 12:10 PM

» Least favorite characters ( 1 2 3 )

z-pak - Aug 21, 2009

132 by Suzuka »»
May 14, 2018 2:44 PM

» Shkanontrice confirmed?? *spoiler

Razuhiko - Apr 26, 2014

1 by Alencia »»
Apr 29, 2014 6:18 AM

» Umineko Motion Graphics

Niacinamide - Dec 18, 2007

29 by Krunchy »»
Feb 15, 2014 10:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.