Forum Settings
Forums

What is that one anime you always recommend?

New
Apr 20, 6:43 AM

Jul 2021
Do you guys have an anime that, no matter who is asking, you will still recommend because you think everyone should give it a try?

For me, it would be FMAB! What about you guys?
Apr 20, 6:44 AM

Feb 2020
Probably Natsume Yuujinchou. I tend to recommend that anime pretty often.

SerafosApr 20, 7:18 AM
Apr 20, 6:49 AM

Sep 2016
Attack on Titan I guess, it's a safe bet for most people.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 20, 6:53 AM

Jan 2009
death note or fullmetal alchemist brotherhood gets my vote
Apr 20, 6:55 AM

Feb 2024
I'd recommend Bocchi The Rock. Probably safe for almost everyone.
Apr 20, 6:56 AM

Nov 2023
The Promised Neverland
- because its actual well written horror that makes fun of your life

Girls' Last Tour
- because its better then friren and everybody saw friren
Ratris_DecisionApr 20, 6:59 AM
Apr 20, 6:59 AM

Mar 2024
Dorohedoro (I just love the world building, I think it doesn't have that much anime "bullshit" too)
Odd taxi (pretty tame for non anime watchers)
Probably any ghibli movie
Apr 20, 7:05 AM

May 2010
If I know the person enjoys anime, I would recommend KITAKU-BU KATSUDOU KIROKU, but if I know they don't watch anime, I would tell them to not even start
Hello can you please watch Kitaku-bu Katsudou Kiroku
Apr 20, 7:15 AM
Mar 2022
I would always recommend That time I got reincarnated as a Slime, Overlord, Classroom of the elite etc.
Apr 20, 7:15 AM

Aug 2018
I often recommend Kyoto Animation shows. Sometimes I also suggest One Piece, and Studio Ghibli movies are easy to recommend. It all depends on what the person is looking for.
Apr 20, 7:17 AM

Jan 2023
Gurren Lagann, it's a pretty safe option for both new viewers and older fans (if they haven't watched it for whatever reason).

"You win this round. You doggies."
Apr 20, 1:16 PM
Apr 2024
Right now, I'd recommend "Jujutsu Kaisen" It's super engaging, and the second season just blows your mind and nervous system!
Apr 20, 2:23 PM

Apr 2012
Princess Tutu. If you haven't watched Princess Tutu yet, your number one priority in life should be to watch Princess Tutu.

Once you've seen Princess Tutu, it's time to learn about Kodocha.
Apr 20, 2:30 PM

Dec 2021
Jigoku Sensei Nube, probably. It's probably one of the most standard shonen anime on my favorites, and while City Hunter is obviously more well known and loved, I dunno. Jigoku Sensei Nube is just such a safe recc from me, no matter what. Everything else on my faves is likely hated by somebody, but I have a hard time picturing a reasonable person who'd hate it. I can't even picture the site's usual contrarians hating this anime much.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Apr 20, 3:10 PM

Mar 2024
I don't recommend much. But some general recommendations, i.e., without much regard to the person to whom it is recommended, would be: Death Note, Kaiji and Koe no Katachi. I mention these because there is little presence of Japanese idiosyncrasy, i.e. Westerners will feel less alienated (you couldn't recommend something like Oshibudou or Imouto sae Ireba Ii, which require familiarity with Japanese "culture"); also because they lack elements that might displease some people (e.g. fanservice, moeshit, etc).
ラーメン食いに行こうぜ~
Apr 20, 3:19 PM

Nov 2017
I dont have a one I always recommend. Also very few people wanted recomendation from me.
Apr 20, 3:20 PM

Oct 2022
I always recommend people watch Fate/Stay Night the Studio Dean version- and have been for years. It's much prettier than people think, one of the best looking of its time, and the music is beautiful and Medusa the hottest Rider servant ever is in it. The love story between the main and Saber comes off pretty well, it's a pleasing and lovely anime to watch.
I've always been sad it doesn't get appreciated over UBW, so I always speak up for it.
Apr 20, 3:45 PM

Feb 2024
Spirited Away, if I need a safe bet for everyone.

Utena, if I want to share something impactful (and take some risk).
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Apr 20, 3:47 PM

Sep 2016
I suppose the anime I always recommend to people is "Boku dake ga Inai Machi / Erased." It's an incredible suspense anime with time travel elements that eventually turns into an intense search for the identity of the killer. I love it!

Apr 20, 3:48 PM

May 2022
Reply to SuperAdventure
I always recommend people watch Fate/Stay Night the Studio Dean version- and have been for years. It's much prettier than people think, one of the best looking of its time, and the music is beautiful and Medusa the hottest Rider servant ever is in it. The love story between the main and Saber comes off pretty well, it's a pleasing and lovely anime to watch.
I've always been sad it doesn't get appreciated over UBW, so I always speak up for it.
@SuperAdventure DEEN version was bad even for its period's standards of art and animation. It is confusing and spoils other routes. Only the soundtracks redeems it. As a Fate integrist i always recommend to read the visual novel then to watch Fate/Zero before Ubw if the person i'm talking to is not too keen on reading. Don't understand the 2006 fsn apologists.
Apr 20, 4:19 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to trinitroglycerin
@SuperAdventure DEEN version was bad even for its period's standards of art and animation. It is confusing and spoils other routes. Only the soundtracks redeems it. As a Fate integrist i always recommend to read the visual novel then to watch Fate/Zero before Ubw if the person i'm talking to is not too keen on reading. Don't understand the 2006 fsn apologists.
@trinitroglycerin
I don't agree it's bad for its period's standards at all, I've watched a lot from that period. It's not confusing at all- it actually explains the lore in very simple terms in the first couple episodes, about what Servants are and the Grail War and its significance to Mages. This is why I tell people to watch it before Fate/Zero, F/Z is a prequel anyway, and it actually works better as a prequel. UBW is hot garbage and drags out a very tedious ending with Shirou throwing a zillion swords and whatnot that is trying to be like a shonen. The dialogue is not very good, and the characters look awkward especially Rin.
Apr 20, 5:59 PM

Feb 2021
Sket Dance. It's funny, it's sad, it teaches the viewers a lesson; it has everything.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 21, 1:04 AM

Jan 2023
I think I recommend Isekai Ojisan a lot lately, because I enjoyed it so much :)
Apr 21, 4:44 AM

Jun 2023
Grand Blue is a classic funny anime.
Apr 21, 5:12 AM
Jan 2022
Steins;Gate babyyyy!!!!

character limit

More topics from this board

» World Masterpiece Theater are hidden gems.

Zhenro - 1 hour ago

7 by Zhenro »»
2 minutes ago

» Do we need more 30 year old waifus?

Catalano - Today

25 by DreamingBeats »»
26 minutes ago

» How can you spend time with your waifu if she's in the entertainment business?

Catalano - 8 hours ago

10 by DesuMaiden »»
31 minutes ago

» Your favorite anime OP

Goblingaming - Yesterday

40 by GoddessLove »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » are mal reviews full of destructive criticism or constructive criticism?

deg - Yesterday

21 by DesuMaiden »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.