Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 19, 10:09 AM

Jul 2023
I've been spending my free time outside of classes with my college's anime club for the past two years. Even though it's called the anime club, we also play video games there as well.

It's fun to have discussions on similar interests with others in-person, and I'm really happy to have met them all. How about you? Does your college have an anime club? Did you join it or hang out with its members? Feel free to share your experience.
I am using the best palette swap.
Apr 19, 10:22 AM

Feb 2021
I don't think mine has, if they did I would probably join tbh...
Apr 19, 10:27 AM
Jun 2021
There's no such thing here, and given how different my taste is from the mainstream, I'd probably be bored. Too few people understand mecha as a genre.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Apr 19, 10:39 AM

Jul 2022
When I was in undergrad, I was one of the founding members of my school's video game club and helped put on a lot of events.

Now that I'm in grad school and don't do much gaming, I'd jump on the chance to be part of anime club if my school had one.
Apr 19, 10:44 AM

Dec 2015
My university has only scientific clubs, other clubs are not existing here [at least in university I am in, can't tell about the others].
For almost whole 5 years of studies I've met only 1 person with whom I can hold some nicer conversation about anime as no one else is an anime fan, and the guy is in my current year so it is only for the 1.5 year [as current last semester is without any classes].

Most of my time I've spent in classes/lecutres, conversations mainly at corridor before/after classes, aswell as always in between classes the conversations on cigarette smoking area, during bachelor's 3 years there was like 10+ other pals going with me to smoke, now in this master degree there's only 1 girl from my year and 3 other pals who are rn I think at 2nd year of bachelor or maybe third.

Also being college student here is almost equal to being alcoholic, if not Covid I would have problems right now considering how often and how much I was drinking at first 2 years of my overall studying journey

Here's one random meme and I can't even tell how true it is :
Text says: 1st year of university vs last year of university
ZettaikenApr 19, 10:52 AM
Apr 19, 11:00 AM

May 2019
No, only sports and scientific clubs were allowed in my university.
Apr 19, 11:36 AM

Feb 2020
I don't think so. Anime isn't that big thing here.
Apr 19, 11:52 AM

Jan 2023
I’m not in college (yet) but I’ve heard rumors of an anime club within my high school, though I know there’s a Japanese club sooo.. close enough?

"You win this round. You doggies."
Apr 19, 12:53 PM

Jul 2013
There was one at the university I attended if I recall correctly.
Apr 19, 6:49 PM

Feb 2021
I was so busy in university I didn't get the time to even watch 3 episodes in a week.

I'm happy you have a place and friends to chat about anime with.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 19, 7:18 PM

Feb 2023
I would recommend avoiding anime clubs in schools, especially before college. It will always be flooded with either casual tourists who only watch Dragon Ball, Pokemon and other battle shounen, or elitists who only watch stuff like Evangelion and Bebop and think the 90s was "the golden age of anime".

Maybe college isn't as bad, but I would still have my doubts.
Apr 19, 7:21 PM

May 2021
I'm sure the college I attended had an anime club, but I was too busy playing video games and disc golf in my free time. Now my friends and I have an anime book club on here. I was always interested in the Japanese club though when I was in school. I regret not getting more involved with that.
Apr 19, 7:25 PM

Mar 2008
Never been in any anime clubs. Not sure what i miss out on
Apr 20, 2:21 PM

Nov 2017
God damn some schools have anime clubs? How managements of schools allowing this. I am surprised because I think watching anime Is doesnt have much benefits to students in real life.

More topics from this board

» What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime?

Dragevard - 21 seconds ago

0 by Dragevard »»
21 seconds ago

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre? ( 1 2 )

decco6226 - May 2

64 by SuperAdventure »»
3 minutes ago

» Does seinen anime focus on other things besides ultra manliness?

fallout45 - 10 hours ago

34 by Nirinbo »»
5 minutes ago

» Why do some people watch anime in 1.5x or 2x speed?

Rinrinka - 1 hour ago

8 by Dumb »»
12 minutes ago

» Best official subs for og Naruto?

TheQuench - 18 minutes ago

0 by TheQuench »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.