Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 13, 5:20 PM
May 2022
Yeah I really like this show a lot, pick of the bunch in terms of this seasons sports anime for me. There is a little bias as I play golf quite often with friends or on my own. Can kinda relate to the main characters feelings about competitive golfing, I can vouch, that shit is depressing af. (Although I'm probs not as good as him).

I really admire Tonbo tbh, a real earnest, enthusiastic, yet level headed girl. She's had a sad backstory so naturally you wanna see her do well. She plays golf for the love of the game and it's cool to see her creative skillset right from the off.

I like that the anime has shown a fair bit of golfing in the first 2 eps as well as some slice of life bits of the island, a general introduction. I think another thing that appeals to me about this series is the rural nature of the setting. Like the sense of isolation in a tight-knit island community is quite relaxing and wholesome. For me, I definitely yearn to go on an island golf course and just do my thing just from seeing this show 😂

Overall I'd say a quite balanced and enjoyable show, what do yous think?
Apr 13, 6:46 PM

Feb 2020
I agree. I really liked the first two episodes. :)
Apr 14, 8:23 PM

Feb 2023
I see anime girl playing golf. I watch.

Apr 20, 2:24 PM

Oct 2019
Not much of a sports fan, but I love the mentor-mentee relationship. I wouldn't say that the small island life is as appealing as it is portrayed here, as I have experienced it myself, but I guess life has its ups and downs and we are just in the beginning of the show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 17

5 by kuroneko99 »»
Yesterday, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 6 Discussion

Ten - May 10

9 by SISCON97 »»
May 18, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 5 Discussion

Serafos - May 3

11 by BearTheDoge »»
May 8, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 4 Discussion

Serafos - Apr 27

11 by Ten »»
May 1, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 19

13 by LilyVarbik »»
Apr 27, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.