Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 29, 6:01 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
An official website opened for a television anime adaptation of Mayu Murata's Honey Lemon Soda manga on Friday, revealing the main staff and a teaser visual (pictured).

Staff
Director: Hiroshi Nishikiori (Trinity Seven, Toaru Majutsu no Index)
Series Composition: Akiko Waba (Blue Reflection Ray, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime script)
Character Design: Manami Tanaka (Sugar Apple Fairy Tale, Mewkledreamy key animation)
Music: Akira Kosemura (Summer Ghost, Ao no Orchestra)
Studio: J.C.Staff
Planning, Production: Unlimited Produce by TMS

Murata began serializing the school romance manga in Ribon Magazine in December 2015. Shueisha shipped the 24th volume last November and will release the 25th volume on April 24.

Yen Press licensed the manga in English in July 2022. The fourth volume released in November 2023, and the fifth volume will go on sale on March 19.

Synopsis
For 15-year-old Uka Ishimori, middle school was the toughest experience she lived through. She was dubbed "Rocky" due to always freezing up in front of other people and was endlessly bullied as a result. Now in high school, she has a chance for a fresh start and to improve herself. But during her first week, she is accidentally soaked in juice by her classmate Kai Miura, a flashy guy with lemon-colored hair.

On paper, Kai is everything that Uka lacks—he is popular, aloof, and bold enough to speak his mind. Despite their contrasting personalities, Kai encourages her to slowly come out of her shell, offering a helping hand when others avoided to do so. Although Uka initially wanted to forge friendships, she has realized her true feelings—she has fallen in love with Kai. What started with a lemon soda is about to change Uka and Kai's lives forever. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Official site: https://honeylemon-anime.com/
Official X (Twitter): @honeylemon_an

Source: animate Times

Honey Lemon Soda on MAL
VindstotFeb 29, 10:00 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 29, 6:06 PM

Sep 2017
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO🍋🍋🍋
Feb 29, 6:29 PM

May 2021
I USED TO PRAY FOR TIMES LIKE THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy shit, am I excited for it
Feb 29, 7:27 PM

Sep 2020
Another shoujo anime. Nice 🙂👍
Feb 29, 7:49 PM

Mar 2023
Oh, finally this manga will get the long awaited animation.
J. C. Staff never ceases to delight, ha ha.

This should be another cute romance where one perfect hero pulls another non-perfect hero out of a bad life. Since it's a shōjo, the ideal hero will be a guy, so get your handkerchiefs ready.
Feb 29, 8:13 PM

Aug 2010
So happy with all the shoujos announced! I've been curious of this series since the manga seems popular in Japan. Looking forward to the anime!
Feb 29, 10:01 PM

May 2020
New adaptations are well and good, but can we get sequels to already aired shoujo adaptations too?
Feb 29, 10:44 PM
Jul 2016
I remember really liking this manga when I read it. 👍
Mar 1, 2:12 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Omarumba
Oh, finally this manga will get the long awaited animation.
J. C. Staff never ceases to delight, ha ha.

This should be another cute romance where one perfect hero pulls another non-perfect hero out of a bad life. Since it's a shōjo, the ideal hero will be a guy, so get your handkerchiefs ready.
@Omarumba I'm interested in how people feel about this kind of premise in shoujo, since it has now become popular to criticize the original maniac pixie dream girl in shonen and seinen.
Mar 1, 3:28 AM

Mar 2012
The two shoujo this season (Momochi and Yubisaki to Renren) have been pretty boring for me even though I was looking forward to them since they are shoujo. Hope this one turns out to be better.
Mar 1, 3:38 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@Omarumba I'm interested in how people feel about this kind of premise in shoujo, since it has now become popular to criticize the original maniac pixie dream girl in shonen and seinen.
@RobertBobert Hmm, well at the very least it's worth starting with the opposite situation here. It's not the dream girl pulling the guy, it's the dream guy pulling the girl.

And now for Manic Pixie Dream Girl. This image is criticized not only because of its "misogynistic" premise, but also because it is a technique that limits the possibilities of almost any scenario. The Japanese mentality is quite relaxed about this kind of thing, because there they love images of both the perfect girl and the perfect guy. As for the rest of the audience, it's all scattered. Most, I'm sure, are indifferent to such a premise.
Mar 1, 6:46 AM
Mar 2020
About time 👏🏻
Mar 1, 9:38 AM

May 2021
what the fuck are jc staff cooking?! istg they have announced around 11/12 shows so far?!
Mar 1, 12:30 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Omarumba
@RobertBobert Hmm, well at the very least it's worth starting with the opposite situation here. It's not the dream girl pulling the guy, it's the dream guy pulling the girl.

And now for Manic Pixie Dream Girl. This image is criticized not only because of its "misogynistic" premise, but also because it is a technique that limits the possibilities of almost any scenario. The Japanese mentality is quite relaxed about this kind of thing, because there they love images of both the perfect girl and the perfect guy. As for the rest of the audience, it's all scattered. Most, I'm sure, are indifferent to such a premise.
@Omarumba Well, I don't see a problem with either the female or male version. It's just that when it comes to general romance tropes, people tend to overanalyze only those aimed at a male audience. But this is largely due to the fact that the "male" market is often assessed as the default demographic.
Mar 2, 1:55 AM
May 2023
Wait is this manga even finished? 😭
Mar 7, 10:50 AM
Feb 2024
Really excited for this. @ItsmeAlyssa I'm pretty sure the manga is still ongoing even though there's like 24 volumes so far.
Mar 7, 12:03 PM

Aug 2010
With the sales this has been getting, I'm not shocked. I'm less hopeful for a complete adaption, though.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 8, 12:06 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to malvarez1
With the sales this has been getting, I'm not shocked. I'm less hopeful for a complete adaption, though.
@malvarez1 Same. Sadly, a lot of Shoujo-based anime don't get a second season. I may have missed how many episodes were announced but like with most Shoujo lately we'll be lucky if it's more than 12 episodes.
Mar 8, 8:18 PM
Jan 2015
we want ao haru ride s02, if kimi ni todoke can get it, AHR can too!!!
Mar 23, 11:38 PM

Oct 2017
Oh yeah I've had heard of this one, good news.
Mar 23, 11:45 PM

Jun 2011
Reply to esofdiamon
we want ao haru ride s02, if kimi ni todoke can get it, AHR can too!!!
@esofdiamon Add Skip Beat and Kaichou wa Maid sama to the list too! As a fan of High School Debut, I hope it gets an anime adaptation one day.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 30, 6:42 PM
Jan 2015
Reply to ToG25thBaam
@esofdiamon Add Skip Beat and Kaichou wa Maid sama to the list too! As a fan of High School Debut, I hope it gets an anime adaptation one day.
@ToG25thBaam would love maid sama s02, skip beat is too long though and I have give up following the manga

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ikoku Nikki' Receives TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

18 by Kazou-nozumu688 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs

Nioxys - 3 hours ago

0 by Nioxys »»
3 hours ago

» 'Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu' 2nd Season Announced

Vindstot - Dec 23, 2023

19 by JugNut001 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

18 by muhammad14286 »»
12 hours ago

» 'Dragon Ball' Creator Akira Toriyama Dies at 68 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Vindstot - Mar 7

165 by LusenProd »»
Yesterday, 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.