Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 17, 5:43 PM

Nov 2020
I know this will piss a lot of you fans off and I don't blame you this is a dumbass question but do I need to watch this in order to watch the side stories? I'm 6 episodes through and its just so boring and the only reason I want to watch the side stories is because of the animation but I also care abt the story enough not to be confused. So 6 eps in should I finish to watch the side story stuff or can I skip it?
Feb 17, 5:56 PM

Feb 2010
Personally I'd at least watch the final episode before moving on to the expanded universe
Feb 17, 5:58 PM
Feb 2023
It's not required that you finish it however I do recommend it if you want the full story.
Feb 17, 5:59 PM
Jun 2016
If you really dont wanna just watch/read a plot summary
Feb 17, 6:37 PM

Oct 2020
there are compilation movies if you want to know what happens but are too bored to watch the full show
Feb 17, 7:36 PM

Jul 2015
The correct answer: You don't need to watch side stories to watch this.

Magia Record is inferior in every possible way and you won't lose anything by not watching it.
PiromyslFeb 18, 8:47 AM

Feb 17, 7:47 PM
Jun 2022
Cheggeronis said:
I know this will piss a lot of you fans off and I don't blame you this is a dumbass question but do I need to watch this in order to watch the side stories? I'm 6 episodes through and its just so boring and the only reason I want to watch the side stories is because of the animation but I also care abt the story enough not to be confused. So 6 eps in should I finish to watch the side story stuff or can I skip it?

I would say if you're at Ep. 6 you're right at the turning point of things picking up. If I remember right the 7th episode is where shit starts to hit the fan.
Feb 17, 9:00 PM

Aug 2018
Honestly if you don't like the main one i don't see how you would enjoy something like Magia Record since is of a way lesser quality. But I'd encourage you to stick with the main series, has a high pay-off. If you are still not captivated by the end (which is fine) I'd drop the whole Madoka universe since it's all tightly correlated to the main one.
Feb 17, 9:45 PM

Feb 2016
I enjoyed the last 3 episodes, which means you're almost up to the good part.
その目だれの目?
Feb 18, 2:04 AM
Jul 2017
That doesn’t really make sense how you can be bored with a show but “still like the story” madoka magica is all about the story so your statement is just a contradiction in itself.

Maybe just stick to shonen?
Feb 18, 4:19 AM

Aug 2015
If you're 6 episodes in and don't like it, why even bother with the side stories?
Controversial opinions
Feb 18, 6:31 AM
Dec 2018
Highly recommended. One of the best animes to come out in the last 25 years.
Feb 18, 9:11 AM
Feb 2021
This is my official favourite series of all time (possibly bc it was the 2nd I watched after sao s1).
How anyone could find it boring I cannot fathom. The writing, the dialogue, the surreal ambience, the animation, the DRAMA it's all just so good COME ON!!!!!
Magia Record is JUST ABOUT watchable by comparison.
Just watch the rest OK.
Feb 18, 9:39 AM
Jan 2021
Cheggeronis said:

Bro what just finish it 😭 only 6 more eps and the second half of the season much better
Feb 18, 3:38 PM
Apr 2023
Please finish it 。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
Feb 18, 5:30 PM
Jul 2014
People are suggesting to 'stick with it' until reaching the last few episodes but, imo, the early episodes are integral to what makes the story work like it does. If you're not enjoying it, hit the bricks, but know that show is supposed to work like a whole piece and there's a reason why it's highly recommended to watch twice from the beginning. (It's a great story, but from the sound of it, it might not be for you.)
Feb 19, 2:15 AM
Dec 2018
ronaldreigen said:
People are suggesting to 'stick with it' until reaching the last few episodes but, imo, the early episodes are integral to what makes the story work like it does. If you're not enjoying it, hit the bricks, but know that show is supposed to work like a whole piece and there's a reason why it's highly recommended to watch twice from the beginning. (It's a great story, but from the sound of it, it might not be for you.)

I can agree here but also a lot of the major series are a slow burn at the start. It’s one where you go “ahhhh” later on the series where the mirror shatters and you connect all the dots.

You then realise how integral what you’ve seen is.
Feb 19, 3:33 PM
Feb 2020
if you can’t stick with a 12 episode slow burn for the payoff just say that
Feb 20, 11:12 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to DraconianXII
if you can’t stick with a 12 episode slow burn for the payoff just say that
@DraconianXII I can't. it's boring as shit. womp womp.
Feb 24, 4:54 AM
Aug 2023
I'm late, but I would say that I really liked the 3rd movie, it is your choice if you want to watch.
Althought I would say that the game version of Magia Record (the original) is way better in terms of story. There no animation and is just text box, but arc 2 is just so intriguing for me.
Feb 27, 10:21 AM
Jan 2024
finish it, you'll see it's Amazing, even if it's boring After 6 episodes, it gets crazy
Apr 10, 9:48 AM
Nov 2018
Cheggeronis said:

imo, nothing but the main series and the three movies, and the three movies

but people says the main is best, although i think the three movies have their own appeal and i love them as much as than the main series

the anime it is a bit slow...
Apr 10, 9:49 AM
Nov 2018
Cheggeronis said:

imo, nothing but the main series and the three movies

but people says the main is best, although i think the three movies have their own appeal and i love them as much as than the main series

the anime it is a bit slow...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.