Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 24, 12:52 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to skapito
How can i put this in words that won't make anyone mad... Fighting games are for NERDS. You literally have to STUDY the game in order to be good and doing so u are investing a lot of fucking time just so you have a few combos just with your main character. That's okay i have to say i myself enjoy (or at least, enjoyed) fighting games a lot but the time and effort necessary to be good is... welp, more than the time i have.
@skapito lol yeah 2 months later I am ass at Tekken because I never had the time to study for it I prioritize my other hobbies more than gaming. It is still fun to have in case someone comes over and ur both cluelessly fighting each other
Apr 25, 4:17 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to skapito
How can i put this in words that won't make anyone mad... Fighting games are for NERDS. You literally have to STUDY the game in order to be good and doing so u are investing a lot of fucking time just so you have a few combos just with your main character. That's okay i have to say i myself enjoy (or at least, enjoyed) fighting games a lot but the time and effort necessary to be good is... welp, more than the time i have.
@skapito

It is true that yes, once you learn what you should do, you always do it mechanically. And it becomes monotonous.

As a kid I liked it.
With the SEGA Genesis I played MK2 a lot. I knew how to do everything, with all the characters (Even today, after more than 25 years, I remember how to make various plays, fatalities and so on.). My favorite was Mileena, it was impossible for any friend to beat me using her.

I also played Tekken 3, Marvel Vs Capcom and King of Fighters 96 in the arcades. Street Fighter didn't convince me at all, although I played it sometimes.

After 2001 I never played a fighting game again. I tried a couple, a new MK, the Demon Slayer one I bought for my son... and I find them extremely boring. For me I feel that it is a genre of a certain stage of life (between 6 and 13 years old).
May 1, 2:00 AM
Oct 2015
Fighting games are pretty much my favorite genre next to RPGs.
I was never good at any of them but that didn’t stop me from enjoying them.
Currently playing arcana heart 3 and wow it is as brutal as they say. Still having a lot of fun with it though.
May 2, 1:15 AM

Feb 2010
long time fan of soul caliber. got into guiilty gear and melty blood in my teens via mugen. long time fan of marvel vs capcom. 3rd game is my favorite. Tronbonne is my main currently. use to play dead or alive back when it cared about action gameplay and not just being a titty simulator.

RPG/strategy, action platformers (includiong metroidvenias.) and Fighting games are probably my go to for gaming.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 2, 8:38 AM

Jul 2013
The Super Smash Bros series is the only fighting game series that I enjoyed tbh...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

61 by Shizuna »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Nintendo the rising king of console industry!?

rohan121 - Yesterday

8 by Lucifrost »»
1 hour ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

28 by MalchikRepaid »»
1 hour ago

» What Are Your Favorite Games? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZeroTatsuyaYu - Mar 13, 2016

289 by SolidPayne »»
1 hour ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3537 by BookBirdie »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.