Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 23, 2023 2:44 PM
Dec 2023
Hey guys! I live in germany and I wanna watch fmab but I can't watch on crunchyroll
So my only option would be anime planet but I'm not sure if it's legal in Germany.
So is anime planet legal in germany
Dec 23, 2023 2:46 PM

Aug 2021
i mean it is a legal website but I'm pretty sure again don't live there :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2023 3:20 PM
Nov 2021
Es gibt die ersten 34 Folgen auf Amazon wenn man Prime hat
Dec 23, 2023 4:31 PM
Jan 2023
i watched it on aniwatch.to, great site btw
Dec 23, 2023 5:03 PM
Jan 2022
chekohakurei said:

Me too, I feel like the King of the Pirates.
Dec 23, 2023 5:44 PM
Sep 2019
deleted because reasons
NyamasteDec 24, 2023 5:31 AM
Dec 23, 2023 6:53 PM

Jan 2020
Nyamaste said:
aniwave.to, 9anime.to, there are lots of options

Those options are not legal, which means he can't or shouldn't take the risk and access to those sites if he lives in Germany, the country with the most dangerous DMCA policy in Europe.
Dec 23, 2023 7:00 PM

Jan 2020
If you can afford it, buy a good VPN that avoids Crunchyroll's geo blocking and switch your ip to any country where FMAB is watchable. VPNs are completely legal in Germany, technically CR doesn't allow them but they can't do anything about it.
Dec 23, 2023 7:05 PM

Aug 2019
Wait, you can actually get in trouble for watching anime if it's hosted on a non-official site? I thought just uploading or downloading anime was illegal, not simply the act of watching it? Damn I guess I should've been arrested 20 years ago.
Dec 23, 2023 8:01 PM
Sep 2019
I mean, maybe it's illegal in Germany to watch on a streaming site. But generally speaking, it's only illegal to host the site, download or distribute the material. Again though, I'm not German so I wouldn't know. In any case, VPN's are probably the best option like the other people were saying. Then they can use any website they want.
Dec 23, 2023 8:04 PM
Mar 2023
just use a VPN lmao
Dec 24, 2023 12:02 AM
Mar 2019
just get aniyomi has crunchyroll extension in it and other sites to
Dec 24, 2023 12:09 AM

Jan 2017
Early_Morning said:
Wait, you can actually get in trouble for watching anime if it's hosted on a non-official site? I thought just uploading or downloading anime was illegal, not simply the act of watching it?

The laws all depends on the country.

For most of them, duplicating is illegal (so upload/download), alongside hosting the content (so the sites/owners of the harddrive).
But for Germany, watching the copyrighted content without the rights is illegal in itself too (which should be the norm, actually).

Kreshre said:
just get aniyomi

That's a pirate app too (which is only a fork of Tachiyomi, to begin with).
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Dec 24, 2023 12:23 AM
Dec 2023
@yaawwwnnnn so the safest is to watch crunchyroll or anime planet with a VPN? I have a VPN!
Dec 24, 2023 12:26 AM
Dec 2023
Btw I wanna know if anime planet is legal in Germany. I know I could watch on crunchyroll but thing is it's gonna cost money so if anime planet isn't legal then what's the country where you can watch fmab the cheapest?
Dec 24, 2023 12:28 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Nyamaste
I mean, maybe it's illegal in Germany to watch on a streaming site. But generally speaking, it's only illegal to host the site, download or distribute the material. Again though, I'm not German so I wouldn't know. In any case, VPN's are probably the best option like the other people were saying. Then they can use any website they want.
@Nyamaste No it isn't you can get a 1000 euro fine just for watching fmab or other shows on non legal sites
Dec 24, 2023 12:32 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to mrld
@mrld my account isn't set to 12 or 16
Dec 24, 2023 12:33 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to mrld
Dec 24, 2023 12:33 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to mrld
Dec 24, 2023 12:34 AM
Dec 2023
Sorry for the spam
Dec 24, 2023 12:36 AM

Jan 2017
Grekyy said:
Btw I wanna know if anime planet is legal in Germany.

It depends, which site are you talking about, exactly ?

The only "Anime planet" i know is anime-planet.com. It's indeed a legal site, but just like MAL, it simply embed Crunchyroll's player (with most of them being dead links), so it wouldn't get you much further, you will need to pay a subscription to Crunchyroll too...
Edit : It seems to also host non-licensed Animes, but they are unlicensed in the US*. Take care to not watch something licensed in Germany and you are good. It really looks like a hassle tho... You'd better directly go to Crunchyroll and limit yourself to their catalogue.
Alexioos95Dec 24, 2023 12:39 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Dec 24, 2023 1:06 AM

Feb 2021
chekohakurei said:

I advise you to delete this comment? You gonna get banned. Any mentioning of pirate sites is a bannable offense on this MAL.
Dec 24, 2023 3:51 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Alexioos95
Grekyy said:
Btw I wanna know if anime planet is legal in Germany.

It depends, which site are you talking about, exactly ?

The only "Anime planet" i know is anime-planet.com. It's indeed a legal site, but just like MAL, it simply embed Crunchyroll's player (with most of them being dead links), so it wouldn't get you much further, you will need to pay a subscription to Crunchyroll too...
Edit : It seems to also host non-licensed Animes, but they are unlicensed in the US*. Take care to not watch something licensed in Germany and you are good. It really looks like a hassle tho... You'd better directly go to Crunchyroll and limit yourself to their catalogue.
@Alexioos95 ok thx
Dec 24, 2023 4:00 AM
Dec 2023
But okay where can I watch fmab on crunchyroll the cheapest? (Aka on which country can I watch the most episodes of fmab for free/cheap(crunchyroll doesn't require an account or subscription to watch but some episodes of anime are locked behind paywalls)
Dec 24, 2023 9:06 AM

Jan 2017
Grekyy said:
Aka on which country can I watch the most episodes of fmab for free

Unless i missed something, Crunchyroll doesn't give more episodes to certain countries. And to watch only the first 3... you'd rather not watch anything at all.

You don't have many options : Either you pirate Animes, and risk facing legal issues, or you actually pay to watch what you want on Crunchyroll/other platforms. Edit: I would have added to hunt the unlicensed series, but even that is illegal in Germany, as they do value the original Japanese copyright too.
Alexioos95Dec 24, 2023 9:11 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Dec 24, 2023 11:39 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Alexioos95
Grekyy said:
Aka on which country can I watch the most episodes of fmab for free

Unless i missed something, Crunchyroll doesn't give more episodes to certain countries. And to watch only the first 3... you'd rather not watch anything at all.

You don't have many options : Either you pirate Animes, and risk facing legal issues, or you actually pay to watch what you want on Crunchyroll/other platforms. Edit: I would have added to hunt the unlicensed series, but even that is illegal in Germany, as they do value the original Japanese copyright too.
@Alexioos95 ok thx end of my questions but people here can discuss over the legality of watching anime in certain ways in other countries not just limited to the USA or Germany.
Dec 24, 2023 1:22 PM
Jan 2017
5Reinheit said:
If you can afford it, buy a good VPN that avoids Crunchyroll's geo blocking and switch your ip to any country where FMAB is watchable. VPNs are completely legal in Germany, technically CR doesn't allow them but they can't do anything about it.

I still don't get this. if I try to change location with a VPN it lags like hell and/or only buffers a few seconds before it stops. I have tried several VPNs with youtuber codes and they all result in the same annoyance.
Dec 24, 2023 2:30 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Zimzky
5Reinheit said:

I still don't get this. if I try to change location with a VPN it lags like hell and/or only buffers a few seconds before it stops. I have tried several VPNs with youtuber codes and they all result in the same annoyance.

@Zimzky I know that VPN's usually lag and if you have a good connection speed the VPN won't take advantage of it either but then again, I only tried free VPN's, maybe if you pay a subscription the VPN will be faster and better? dunno.

I'm just glad I live in a country where I can download or pirate whatever the fuck I want without a VPN.
Dec 24, 2023 2:32 PM
Jan 2017
xZabuzax said:

@Zimzky I know that VPN's usually lag and if you have a good connection speed the VPN won't take advantage of it either but then again, I only tried free VPN's, maybe if you pay a subscription the VPN will be faster and better? dunno.

I'm just glad I live in a country where I can download or pirate whatever the fuck I want without a VPN.

I've tried NordVPN and some others but none of them seem to work.

But yea I can also just download whatever the hell I want so it doesn't bother me that much. I would just like to support the shows I watch sometimes. Merch is expensive as hell.
Dec 24, 2023 4:20 PM

Jan 2020
Zimzky said:
xZabuzax said:

I've tried NordVPN and some others but none of them seem to work.

But yea I can also just download whatever the hell I want so it doesn't bother me that much. I would just like to support the shows I watch sometimes. Merch is expensive as hell.

NORDVPN is one of the VPNs that uses the most resources of the system, just like its antivirus, so probably that's the reason. Even modern powerful pcs have relatively small problems with any NORD stuff, so if you have potato pc i suggest you avoid it, they are unnecessarily more powerful than what it's needed to stream videos in HD. Look for more lightweight vpns, i've used Windscribe, ProtonVPN and Surfshark and they haven't caused any trouble in my PC, which is mid compared to a top nowdays pc. As the other person said, VPNs limit your bandwidth considerably, but if have a decent internet it shouldn't be a problem. AVOID ALL FREE VPNs, they are scam, useless or cryptominers, also all are just dataminers (they collect your data and sell it to ad companies).
Dec 24, 2023 10:14 PM
Mar 2019
best you can do is kodi and download the extension for the anime
Dec 25, 2023 12:44 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to xZabuzax

@xZabuzax ok so like where do you live?
Dec 25, 2023 7:05 AM

Feb 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Early_Morning said:
Wait, you can actually get in trouble for watching anime if it's hosted on a non-official site? I thought just uploading or downloading anime was illegal, not simply the act of watching it?

The laws all depends on the country.

For most of them, duplicating is illegal (so upload/download), alongside hosting the content (so the sites/owners of the harddrive).
But for Germany, watching the copyrighted content without the rights is illegal in itself too (which should be the norm, actually).

Kreshre said:
just get aniyomi

That's a pirate app too (which is only a fork of Tachiyomi, to begin with).

Technically the act of watching copyrighted content isn't illegal. Its just causing you problems because when you watch it your copying the episode to your ram.
Dec 25, 2023 7:29 AM

Jan 2017
Kiwi_sama said:
Technically the act of watching copyrighted content isn't illegal. Its just causing you problems because when you watch it your copying the episode to your ram.

That's indeed one of the interpretations possible.

The problem is that there is no clear answer about that in most countries. That's literally a loophole.
Some countries did made clear laws about that, tho. For example, Germany, Italy and Netherlands consider the act of streaming a copyrighted content without the consent of the owner as an illegal act in itself.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Dec 25, 2023 8:02 AM
Dec 2023
As a surfshark user I can confirm it's real good
Dec 25, 2023 10:10 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to Grekyy
@xZabuzax ok so like where do you live?
@Grekyy I live in the Dominican Republic, a mid-country with other issues but one of the few good things about it is that they don't bother when people pirate stuff on the internet.

I don't like to stream the animes or movies that I watch, I just download them while sailing the seas if you know what I mean, like Christopher Columbus.
Dec 26, 2023 4:41 PM
Feb 2019
Early_Morning said:
Wait, you can actually get in trouble for watching anime if it's hosted on a non-official site? I thought just uploading or downloading anime was illegal, not simply the act of watching it? Damn I guess I should've been arrested 20 years ago.

Germany is full of nerds when it comes to piracy you can probably get a fine for just accesing a website like this only once. It's crazy.
Dec 29, 2023 4:35 PM
Feb 2016
Have you tried your local library?
Jan 2, 12:26 AM
Nov 2019
Grekyy said:
Hey guys! I live in germany and I wanna watch fmab but I can't watch on crunchyroll
So my only option would be anime planet but I'm not sure if it's legal in Germany.

ich sag's dir so wie's ist, Sachen zu streamen, bei denen dies im ersten Moment nicht legal erscheint sind nicht illegal, nur der Besitz von Piraterie ist illegal. Ich gucke meine Anime immer auf Animetoast.cc. Dort gibt es die Anime sowohl auf Deutsch als auf Japanisch, also das komplette Programm auch von allen Anime
Jan 2, 1:53 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Mapaphew
Grekyy said:

ich sag's dir so wie's ist, Sachen zu streamen, bei denen dies im ersten Moment nicht legal erscheint sind nicht illegal, nur der Besitz von Piraterie ist illegal. Ich gucke meine Anime immer auf Animetoast.cc. Dort gibt es die Anime sowohl auf Deutsch als auf Japanisch, also das komplette Programm auch von allen Anime
@Mapaphew ich gucke subs lieber als dubs. Ich habe auch eine VPN.
Jan 4, 5:31 AM

May 2015
Aktuell schwierig. Netflix hat es komplett rausgenommen und die anderen Anbieter bieten nur den halben Anime (ca 34 Episoden) an. Ich würde an deiner Stelle warten bis die Serie auf animationdigitalnetwork erscheint. Neues Dient leider schlechter / weniger Titel als bei Crunchyroll. Aber wenn es legal sein muss dann wird das die einzige Möglichkeit sein. Oder halt Blu Rays kaufen.
Jan 13, 3:23 PM
Dec 2023
Grekyy said:

Wenn du sicher gehen willst es legal zu schauen, kannst du das bei Prime tun. Dort gibt es soweit ich weiß die ersten 2 „Staffeln“ und für die restlichen musst du dir leider Aniverse dazu buchen :(
Bin mir nicht sicher, was genau bei Prime und was bei Aniverse ist, wechselt gefühlt alle paar Monate je nach Lizenz 😬

More topics from this board

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

133 by Angel_crush1 »»
Today, 3:13 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.