Forum Settings
Forums

EVANGELION: Westside Story (My Fanfiction)

New
Dec 11, 2023 5:17 PM
May 2022
For those of you who might know, I have had a traumatic experience with the anime known as Evangelion, and furthermore, with its own fandom. But more than that, my life has also been plagued by those who have pigeonholed me into a life of conformity and mental regression; forced to conform to their corrupt ideologies of Autism and mental health which dealt me a significant amount of underdevelopment which to this day, still lingers.

As mental health is a topic often found within Evangelion, I was rattled to the core to find how much of my own life parallels the story found within the series, an aspect of which befuddlingly is neglected by many who called themselves fans.

As an attempt to rid myself of this burden, and to let go of the pain I've carried for so long, and to absolve myself of all the blame, shame, and lies I was forced to accept as a child, I've written myself this fanfiction with the help of my cowriters based on a roleplay we've done together.

This fanfiction is very personal to me, and a lot of thought was put into creating this story. Taking a note from Anno, I decided to make my own self-insert to help me map out my deep trauma and share my feelings.

But most of all, this story was made in memory of my childhood friend, Max, and my ex girlfriend, Brianna, who both committed suicide during the COVID-19 Pandemic, both of which drove me into a deep depression during the isolation. It took tremendous strength to make it through this dark time of mine, moreso since many within the Eva fandom cyberbullied me for it as well, going so far as to blame me for their deaths, creating rumors that I am a murderer, and that I should be hunted down and killed.

That being said, I've sacrificed much to bring this story to print, in the hopes I can put all of this behind me forever. I hope you enjoy it. Each of the chapters I've named after a pop culture reference to match the overall setting.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14289255/1/EVANGELION-Westside-Story
Dec 11, 2023 6:48 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread moved to the correct board.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX

More topics from this board

» [UserScript] MAL Full Watching History

NurarihyonMaou - Aug 15, 2021

22 by NubFix »»
10 hours ago

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Apr 23

3 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 11:11 AM

» Show us your latest sketch or drawing v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Feb 21, 2017

1630 by renzospark »»
Yesterday, 5:03 AM

» I invite you to my stream channel

Chadoumaru - Apr 28

0 by Chadoumaru »»
Apr 28, 6:52 PM

» Kiseki Sorter

Shizuna - Apr 28

1 by Luc36 »»
Apr 28, 2:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.