Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 18, 2023 2:53 PM
May 2022
I see absolutely no flaw in FMAB, my favorite anime of all time (i’m very passionate about fmab :D) so to those who’s favorite anime isn’t fmab, what is it at you don’t like about fmab?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 18, 2023 3:11 PM
Nov 2015
Nothing.
It’s literally perfect
Nov 18, 2023 3:12 PM
Apr 2021
sangonomiya_k said:
I see absolutely no flaw in FMAB, my favorite anime of all time (i’m very passionate about fmab :D) so to those who’s favorite anime isn’t fmab, what is it at you don’t like about fmab?

I love this show, but there’s so many others I love as well, so just because fmab isn’t my favorite doesn’t necessarily mean I have any serious flaws with the show. There are just other animes I love more.
Nov 18, 2023 3:14 PM

Mar 2018
FMAB has very few flaws but I don't think it peaks as high as other anime at all so it's hard to love it as much
Sometimes you just want to hear anime girls squeak and squeal
Nov 18, 2023 3:15 PM
POLAR BEAR
Aug 2023
Ed's voice kinda annoyed me. I can't think of anything actually wrong with the show, though.
Nov 18, 2023 3:18 PM
Jun 2021
sangonomiya_k said:

I do think it set up can kinda drag at certain points. Especially on a rewatch, but it’s final arc is o e of the best so it’s kinda worth it.
Nov 18, 2023 3:27 PM
Sep 2012
Fmab isn’t in my top 5 or top 10 due to preference but if there was an anime that is perfect it’s definitely fmab
Nov 18, 2023 3:31 PM
Apr 2022
the humor, it's not funny
Nov 18, 2023 3:38 PM

Jul 2022
sangonomiya_k said:

I don't find the start of the anime that captivating, but after watching more of it, Fmab was definitely worth the time I spent. One of my favorite anime for sure.
Nov 18, 2023 3:39 PM

Jul 2022
shityanimeacount said:

Oh yes, the jokes about Ed's height become kind of overused.
Nov 18, 2023 3:41 PM
Apr 2022
MKIkawa said:
shityanimeacount said:

I think this is what the original fma does better, it has almost none of that stuff
Nov 18, 2023 3:43 PM
Oct 2019
The comedy, the final villain, the final fight, winry was a meh female character to me, oh yeah and the female characters aren’t as good as people hype them up to be.
Nov 18, 2023 3:44 PM

Jul 2022
shityanimeacount said:
MKIkawa said:

I think this is what the original fma does better, it has almost none of that stuff

I still haven't wached the original Fmab, but a lot of people say the same.
Nov 18, 2023 3:49 PM
Feb 2021
It cuts out some of the beginning to get to the meat of the plot a bit quicker. You could consider this a bit of a subjective flaw, but I’m not a fan of it personally.
Nov 18, 2023 3:53 PM
Jan 2021
It doesn’t have flaws but it also doesn’t have insane peaks, it’s just very consistent so it’s easy to have a series above it
Nov 18, 2023 4:01 PM
Jan 2022
The ending was kinda whacky, but everything else is great.
Nov 18, 2023 4:03 PM

Feb 2021
I guess the plot conveniences and the mind of anti-climactic final fight (although the ending with Ed sacrificing his alchemy was undeniably amazing). Also the beginning was rushed due to the existence of the original fma anime.

Overall a great show. But there are flaws.
Nov 18, 2023 4:37 PM

Apr 2016
Maybe there is some unnecessary humor in serious scenes.

Everything have at least one flaw.
Nov 18, 2023 4:38 PM
Feb 2020
nothing, maybe the comedy is a hit or miss, and the beginning was kinda rushed.
Nov 18, 2023 4:50 PM

Aug 2020
see I always find this question hard to answer? what don't I like about FMAB, I don't really have an answer. However, if you were to ask me what I liked about the show I'd come up just as short on ideas. To me this is the most mediocre show I've ever seen, but I don't mean that in a bad way? I get why people enjoy it, I'm not trynna start shit.
Call me Ren
Nov 18, 2023 4:56 PM
Nov 2022
Pacing for about the first half was too fast since they've adapted it before and wanted to get to the part right before fma 2003 split off

I have a friend who watched fma 2003 and couldn't watch fmab afterwards since it felt like they were rushing
(fun fact: we had plans where we'd watch both fma 2003 and fmab together but we forgot to until he had to move away lmao)
Nov 18, 2023 5:01 PM
Jul 2022
I don’t really like it I prefer the original sure ending was bad but I liked the art style and some of the unique parts more
Nov 18, 2023 5:12 PM
Jan 2021
the humor is sorta annoying sometimes I guess. other than that it peak
Nov 18, 2023 5:15 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The only bad thing about FMAB is the comedy scene, it's kind of annoying.

Other than that, it's great :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 18, 2023 5:46 PM

Aug 2019
Great series overall, but some of the episodes, especially early on can drag a bit. Comedy and the weird associated faces they pull can be immersion breaking at times. Certain soundtracks gets overused. The story is great, but it's very safe throughout, including the ending. Nothing controversial happens, but on the flipside, it's not an anime that'll generate a lot of different POVs.

It's an easy anime to recommend to newcomers.
Nov 18, 2023 6:23 PM
Apr 2021
sangonomiya_k said:

some characters are a bit wasted and couldve been used more
the animation its not the top tier we have rn
the humour was very dry in most of its uses
the pacing was a bit on the slow side at the start
i felt some detours the story took were a little unnecessary and almost felt like fillers

FMAB its an amazing show but i think it is slighly overrated by MAL fans who simply dont want it to get out of spot #1. it's an amazingly written story with a very good plot but i never saw it as a 100/10, it just didn't trigger a lasting reaction in my brain like other shows
Nov 18, 2023 6:30 PM
Apr 2023
My only complaint with the anime is that it just doesn’t ever hit as hard as the likes of Attack on Titan, are:Zero, Death Note and so on.

Could obviously be chalked up to this not being that type of anime, but still it left me wanting for a bit more.
Nov 18, 2023 6:31 PM
Jan 2008
I honestly enjoyed the non canon FMA more, but I understand the appeal.
Nov 18, 2023 6:50 PM
Jul 2022
My opinion is that FMAB is a very well balanced anime, there was nothing it did poorly, but it also didn't do anything perfectly. I think it's a very solid 8/10 in most aspects. FMAB has great character, but I have seen quite a few that have better. It has a great story, but there has been better. Overall there's nothing wrong with it, but there are ways it could improve, it did everything great, but in return it did nothing perfect. it is a great anime, definitely a high 8/10. Honestly though I would prefer an anime that is constantly good in every aspect, but not perfect in any, rather than one that is perfect in a few things but compromises in other ways.
Nov 18, 2023 7:00 PM

Apr 2022
I don't know if I'll get trolled after posting this but if this is a genuine question and you genuinely want to know, then.... here's my answer:
I don't think FMAB is a bad anime, not at all
but for some reason I just didn't like this anime at all
like, I just didn't feel anything at all watching it
I mean, I totally understand why people love this anime so much. I even realized which scenes from which episodes influenced this anime's popularity the most
but I just wasn't able to feel what other FMAB fans could apparently feel.
again, by no means am I saying this anime is bad,
All I can say is that I got really bored by the first half of the show, cause it just didn't hit me like other anime like AOT, or Death Note, etc.
that's why I've given this anime 6/10 cause it just felt fine, not good, but not bad either
I didn't like it but I didn't hate it either
If you've reached till the end of this, thank you for tolerating my bad take and taste in anime
I hope you will forgive me for not liking your favourite anime
(I'm apologizing because I've been told that the FMAB fandom is really toxic, and I don't want to get cancelled 🤧)
Nov 18, 2023 7:04 PM

Apr 2022
for the person who started this thread, I see you play genshin too
if you could tell me which server you play on, maybe we could play genshin together sometime, yknow if you want to
I don't have many friends on genshin, so
Nov 18, 2023 7:05 PM
May 2021
It’s not that it’s bad but I don’t see how it’s the best ever
Like yeah the story was pretty good and the characters were plenty memorable but I didn’t feel as hyped watching it as others and I thought the power system was kinda lame with little difference between a lot of them besides people like Scar and Mustang, but that’s prolly cuz I’m a diehard Battle Shonen junkie
Nov 18, 2023 7:15 PM

Apr 2022
i don't recall anything bad or any moment that made me hate it, i didn't even mind the comedy like some it seems. it was always good but it was just never amazing or special enough to become my favourite.
Nov 18, 2023 7:21 PM
Oct 2022
Bailey_Swag said:
sangonomiya_k said:

I love this show, but there’s so many others I love as well, so just because fmab isn’t my favorite doesn’t necessarily mean I have any serious flaws with the show. There are just other animes I love more.

This exactly (character limit)
Nov 18, 2023 7:22 PM
Oct 2022
shityanimeacount said:

Anime humor never is
Nov 18, 2023 7:25 PM

Apr 2020
It's popular.
That makes it hateable for a group of people, just by principle.
Nov 18, 2023 7:36 PM
Jul 2022
While I also think that FMAB has little to no objectively eye-rolling flaws, I agree with one of the strangers above in that I also feel like FMAB doesn't peak as hard as other animes in a lot of aspects. Action, choreography, music, character writing (and writing overall)... while I do think it is above average (at best) in all these aspects, it doesn't really go above and beyond to stand out, but it does a fantastic job at being a great mixture of everything I mentioned.
The only thing that really stood out to me when it was airing is the animation, which I think is outstanding for a 2009-2010 anime.
Nov 18, 2023 7:42 PM

Mar 2013
Reply to Bailey_Swag
sangonomiya_k said:

@Bailey_Swag

I think what people are confused about is why people would rank this series an 8 or a 9 but not a 10. I think there is a big misunderstanding between liking a series and absolutely loving it. Part of this confusion is the idea that an 8 or 9 on a 10 point scale works like exam scores in school, if you got 80% on a test you got 1/5th of the answers incorrect. Some people do score anime like that, but most people I imagine give 8 for shows they like and 10 for shows they love.

It is not that there is 20% wrong with this series or that, it is just that this series I like is not the second coming of Christ. An 8 should be seen as an absolute measurement of how much I value a series, not a series of checkmarks based on what the series did "wrong".
Nov 18, 2023 7:43 PM
Mar 2021
I honestly think that the storytelling could have been better. Brotherhood pushed the story very quickly in the beginning

the 03 series gets alot of flak, but where it beats Brotherhood is showing the relationships they built while on break, both with Maes Hughes and with Nina & Alexander. I was heartbroken with Maes, but I don't think it would have been the same feeling if I watched Brotherhood first.
Nov 18, 2023 7:45 PM
Mar 2021
jekfrumstotferm said:
It cuts out some of the beginning to get to the meat of the plot a bit quicker. You could consider this a bit of a subjective flaw, but I’m not a fan of it personally.

I feel the same way.
Nov 18, 2023 8:24 PM
Aug 2021
No (character limit)
Nov 18, 2023 8:40 PM
Jan 2021
Nothing tbh. I think it’s too safe though, nothing crazy unique about it. Just good.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Nov 18, 2023 8:42 PM

Dec 2019
For me it's the beginning that made me kinda hard to get into but later on things just going hogwild
Nov 18, 2023 9:01 PM
Nov 2016
I have debated about the things I dislike about FMAB around here plenty of times, what I dislike about it requires a wall of text and I'm in no mood to start debating about it or typing a wall of text, those debates never end up well anyway.

So I'll keep it simple for now, one of the things I hate the most about it is the comedy, is utter garbage and definitely one of the worst comedies I've seen so far, I cringed 98% of the time at every fucking attempt at comedy here, and that Ed is short gag sure got old pretty damn quick.

I don't like FMAB but if you like it, then good for you.
Nov 18, 2023 9:16 PM
Dec 2022
perfect, it has no flaws
Nov 18, 2023 9:18 PM
Jan 2022
GoCrayzee said:
shityanimeacount said:

Anime humor never is

Well someone who dropped Grand Blue, won't understand gold comedy I guess.
Nov 18, 2023 10:02 PM
Mar 2021
no show in this world is perfect but fmab is closest to be perfect
Nov 18, 2023 10:09 PM
Nov 2023
i like this anime but the one thing I don't like is how mc can transmute without any circle but he only does the most basic things like creating rocks and stuff , i mean he could literally make a mecha of sort or use defferent elements at same time to overpower the enemy 🤔
Nov 18, 2023 10:11 PM

Mar 2020
sangonomiya_k said:

The first couple of episodes have bad pacing and go on too quick

Nov 18, 2023 10:17 PM
Apr 2023
needs more olivier
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.