Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 19, 2015 12:46 PM
Nov 2014
Noice episode, just realised that Venom has become the main antagonist of this show xD.
Sep 22, 2016 5:00 PM

Mar 2016
It´s so unfair that Mustang is blind when he did something he didnt want to!!!
I´m really mad :(, i love Mustang but now he will probably die...

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !
Oct 3, 2016 3:24 PM

May 2014
Absolutely awesome episode!!
Thank god Riza is okay...for now anyway :/ I just don't think she's entirely outta the woods yet, maybe she'll end up sacrificing herself for Mustang or something so he can get his vision back. Either way, there's no winning here for him. He really didn't deserve that one bit, looks like God is one cruel dude in FMAB.

So one thing I've been wondering about for a while is how Al's body is moving about with no soul in it? Is "Truth" inhabiting his body? Because the way I'm looking at it is that everyone has a "truth" alter ego that greets them at the gate...so if the "One is all and all is one" thing applies, then doesn't that mean "God" is "Truth", so we're all technically God??
I dunno, it's all so trippy XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2017 2:47 PM

Jan 2016
Why do I feel like that was Al's last chance to get his body back? :/
Jul 1, 2017 9:36 AM

Jan 2013
RileyReid said:

You and me both.

Sad for Mustang to lose his eyesight ... it's fitting with what everyone else lost for their "human" transmutation though.
Jul 11, 2017 2:47 PM

Jun 2017
Mustang doesn't deserve this.
Mar 14, 2018 10:36 AM

Nov 2011
In this episode, it's the plot twists to involve me more, even if the narration is well done in time and rhythm.
Mar 16, 2018 11:38 AM

Dec 2009
Ironic, Roy was so hell bent of seeing his visions of the future fulfilled he was blinded by them.

Scar vs Bradley is going to be so good. The man with a grudge vs the man who massacred the Ishvalans.
Jan 21, 2019 11:57 AM

Jun 2015
that was absolutely cruel, having roy's vision be gone when he was the one who wanted to envision the future.
Feb 11, 2019 9:27 AM
Dec 2017
super !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 22, 2019 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
When I thought there cannot be more epic moments in the last episodes, Bradley vs. Scar appeared. :D I also liked the moment in which one of chimeras cought that doctor with a golden tooth, and when Al rejected his body and delayed returning to it in order to return to his friends.

I'm curious why Wrath's wounds did not heal automatically. Is it some kind of a disadvantage that Wrath possessed? Like i.e. Pride has huge power, but limited to certain area, or Gluttony is childish and not intelligent.
Apr 6, 2019 10:09 PM

May 2016
It looks like I got baited by the previous episode's cliffhanger again but I've grown to like these kinds of twists~ He might've resisted committing taboo in exhange for Rize's life but Pride forcefully made Mustang do it anyway and lost his sight in the process. It's sad that the guy who conjures up the brightest flames with a fiery desire to lead the country had his own light taken from him without any reason.

Alphonse denied going back to his body for just a little longer and went back to the fray but the moment he did, the sacrifices needed are now complete. Shit.

Sep 25, 2019 12:40 PM
Aug 2019
Mustang was forced to do a human transmutation and lost his sight. Truly unfair.

Bradley vs Scar is going to be epic

Now all the sacrifices are gathered, it's time for the master plan
Nov 10, 2019 3:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Mustang is blind now, I didn't deserve it... and Alphonse with his body... what a touching episode
Apr 8, 2020 4:02 PM

Feb 2020
i literally do not even have the words for this oh my god

i should have known mustang was too much of a Stand Up Guy to even consider human transmutation, but damn i wouldn't have blamed him if he did

i thought they were so close to beating wrath, then they literally forced him to perform it. poor mustang man he didn't deserve to be caught up in all this crap. and to take his eyesight?? gosh that was so cruel! i actually want to cry, i'm so upset for him, he didn't ask for this!!

al is so strong!! what a steadfast guy, he was so close to achieving his dream after so long and he still rejected it to do what he thought was right. but part of me wishes he didn't return at all, just so there wouldn't be the five of them there. who knows what the homunculus will do with them??

also hope scar kicks wrath's butt

I'M SO UPSET ABOUT MUSTANG
Apr 9, 2020 6:26 PM

Feb 2020
rewatched this and i'm still in total shock at mustang losing his eyesight, i cannot get over how unfair and cruel that was. it made sense in a horrible twisted sort of way when father explained it but gosh it's awful

also i get the feeling that al just lost his last chance to get his body back.... how is he supposed to go to get back to the gate to get it?
Apr 16, 2020 6:02 PM
Apr 2020
This was honestly a weak plot point. Very childish writing on Roy Mustang character. They should have turned him into a sacrfice legitly. Maybe even from previous seasons. What a wasted plot point. Turning Roy Mustang from noble visionary, to do human transmutation is a plot point that should have been. But I guess the author is really trying to cater it to kids. So year Roy is always just badass Roy. Disappointed after rewatch.
May 4, 2020 7:10 PM

Nov 2017
That was definitely a misleading cliffhanger. Good job!

Roy understood the signal from Riza, and refused to perform human transmutation. Jerso grabs the Gold Tooth Doctor from above, I wonder if Roy had a feeling he was there.

May Chang is definitely the MVP of this episode. She had the chance to obtain the philosopher's stone right in front of her, but decided to save Riza's life. Even though all the King Bradley leftovers are disposed of, their problems aren't over yet.

In comes Pride and Wrath. Aaaaand they literally force Roy to open the gate. Shit mayne, even in his condition Wrath is still able to move and put two swords through Roy's hands. No matter how many times I see it, I still wince. What does he lose after? His eyesight! Dammit, mayne! And just like Pride said, he's definitely one of the most skilled alchemists, but his ability is terribly limited now!

Did I say May is the MVP? Al is definitely a shoe-in for second. He had the chance to get his body back, but he knew that it wouldn't be much use in that condition. He decides to head back as he is to help! That type of selflessness is commendable. The thing he wanted most, right in front of him. But Al is like, "Naw, I gotta help everyone first!"

Golly, only a few more episodes left. Gonna be sad to see this re-watch of mine come to an end. But I'm sure I'll re-watch it once again before the year ends! :-)
May 15, 2020 4:18 PM
Apr 2018
Didn't understand shit about the human transmutation and why it worked as if Mustang had done it. I shouldn't have taken that much to watch the eps, it made forget things.

Great episode; I'm glad Riza is okay, didn't feel anything in particular from the reasoning behind what body parts Truth took from those who performed human transmutation.
Jun 25, 2020 11:25 AM

Jun 2013
F**king pissed off with those homunculus. Poor Roy.
Aug 2, 2020 10:45 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I'm not a fan of the misleading cliffhanger, especially since it still would have been an effective cliffhanger with him refusing to perform human transmutation. It was too convenient that once the fighting started Mustang and Scar were suddenly capable of dealing with the same guys they failed against moments ago. I'm not sure why they didn't just kill the doctor after Hawkeye was healed. Also, why did everyone stand around watching Bradley until he attacked? Why did everyone just stand there watching while Mustang was pinned to the ground? If forcing people through the gateway was a real possibility, why were they worried about having enough sacrifices in the first place? The only part of the plot that has been epic lately is how messy it has been.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 24, 2020 6:00 PM
Aug 2020
Message me @fmabitch insta if u wanna debate hiw sad this is. Also I love it
Sep 4, 2020 3:23 PM

Mar 2016
PrOxAnto said:
RileyReid said:

You and me both.

Sad for Mustang to lose his eyesight ... it's fitting with what everyone else lost for their "human" transmutation though.
i agree, there was a degree of finality in al's body's words after the portal closed.

Nov 14, 2020 3:11 AM

Jul 2017
I feel really bad for Mustang. Guy got robbed of his own vision by those bastards, not even of his own volition. He had the strength to not transmute Riza Hawkeye and try to save her without doing that with the help of Mei, and got forced into being the 5th sacrifice by Pride and Bradley/Wrath. Even if he somehow succeeds and rises even further up the ranks, he won't be able to see the world he wants to change for the better ever again.

Al also confronts his old body again at the Gate before his soul joined up with the rest of the sacrifices, as he sacrificed his chance to get with his body then to help Ed and the others.
Dec 10, 2021 2:09 PM
Nov 2020
A battle to the death between Scar and Bradley? Wow, Mustang didn't see that coming.
Feb 9, 2022 9:19 AM
May 2021
I'm curious why Wrath's wounds did not heal automatically. Is it some kind of a disadvantage that Wrath possessed? Like i.e. Pride has huge power, but limited to certain area, or Gluttony is childish and not intelligent.
Jun 7, 2022 9:55 AM
Apr 2022
Nop i feel sad for mustang why his eyes that shocked me 😲
Oct 24, 2022 5:21 AM
Oct 2022
the fan boys make it sound like its good but naw it just bad
Jul 26, 2023 9:12 AM

Apr 2021
Very good start, I thought they were going to have a lot of work to defeat that old doctor.

unfortunately Alphonse had to refuse, but did he make a serious mistake?.

poor mustang, this is going to be hard for him.
Aug 5, 2023 1:08 PM

May 2023
OMG MUSTANG IS BLIND NOW?!?!?!?!?
Sep 12, 2023 4:27 AM
Jan 2022
Al was so so so so so close
Sep 24, 2023 12:15 AM

Oct 2020
Roy holding Riza was just... so precious and perfect
Also, I don't know if this means anything, but I noticed how Roy lost his vision (hopefully only temporarily) and Riza's last name is Hawkeye -- like they're meant to be
Apr 8, 7:08 AM

Jan 2021
Blind... Mustang went blind... and that was because he was forced to do that crazy transmutation... I know going blind is much better than losing a body like Al or even dying, but going blind when it's critical, and that was because he was forced... I can't accept that. It's so biased because I love Mustang and it's actually really good but damn. I want to cry. T__T if those bastard Homunculus don't perish miserably then this is all for nothing...

But I'm still thankful for Mustang and Riza's moment :') sweet and tragic. Please live happily after all of this is over...

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

967 by FossilsRUs »»
Yesterday, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Sep 27, 2009

185 by Cin_Cat »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

134 by LockHowl »»
May 3, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeviantKaos - Apr 25, 2010

332 by mjjones0 »»
May 3, 6:08 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Apr 12, 2009

361 by Ronin_4011 »»
May 2, 5:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.