Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 19, 2023 1:08 PM
May 2023
I’m 25 eps in and so far even random side characters have more screen time than Johan.

Dude is apparently a mastermind kingpin manipulating everyone but we never get to see it???
Oct 19, 2023 1:17 PM
Jul 2021
Issax28 said:
I’m 25 eps in and so far even random side characters have more screen time than Johan.

Dude is apparently a mastermind kingpin manipulating everyone but we never get to see it???

you'll see it soon enough ๐Ÿฅต not giving any spoilers but there's a big ride ahead
Oct 19, 2023 1:19 PM
Aug 2021
Be patient my friend
Oct 19, 2023 1:42 PM

Aug 2020
You're on ep 26... If you didn't see him recently, he should show up in the next couple of episodes and he's staying for some time. Enjoy.
Oct 19, 2023 2:04 PM
Nov 2022
Hes coming very soon
Oct 19, 2023 2:05 PM

Aug 2021
He will be coming soon *hypes*

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2023 3:21 PM
Dec 2022
you are too being manipulated by him right now into thinking that
Oct 19, 2023 3:26 PM
Oct 2016
Issax28 said:

just to let you know, appreciate every it of side character this show displays. Johan is cool and all but really, the true ability of the mangaka is to make characters that are 100% human.

you just have to forget how sweet sugar his.

cit. side character of 2 episode or SMT.
Oct 19, 2023 4:02 PM
Oct 2020
Unpopular opinion this show is boring af
Oct 19, 2023 4:06 PM

Jun 2023
Johan will, in comparison to most other characters, have less screentime.

The "mastermind kingpin manipulating everyone" aspect is rather felt throughout different character arcs and stays almost ambiguous. You would be surprised how little we actually get to see him in any frame.

He's not some 200IQ human-puppet master— he is very much a character just like everyone else with a motive, and (as most would say) a twisted and nihilistic perception of human lives. And Dr. Tenma is a direct uno-reverse counter to that ideology.
iLuvCoffee1Oct 19, 2023 8:32 PM

"To the boy who once sought freedom, goodbye." ๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ
Oct 19, 2023 4:25 PM
Apr 2023
He doesn’t really appear much.
Oct 19, 2023 5:05 PM
Feb 2018
He’s a master manipulator in the sense of almost every characters motives rather good or bad are typically affected by him. As far as seeing Johan’s perspective and grand plan like any show it is at the end. He’s more felt than shown throughout the series. The best I can say without spoiling is to just power through the middle of the series it definitely feels like fluff compared to the beginning and ending but there’s a reason for every side character and it all ties together pretty well by the end of the series.
Oct 20, 2023 12:14 AM
Aug 2022
you wont see him much even after you finish the show actually
he has less screen time than the most of the side characters
i still feel like i didnt finish the show because inwas expecting more
Oct 20, 2023 2:13 AM
Nov 2020
You can feel his presence in every scene later on do don’t worry. But this show is slow af so don’t expect a lot of things to happen
Oct 20, 2023 2:54 AM
Jul 2023
Issax28 said:

Bro In Later episodes you'll get to see him often
Oct 20, 2023 6:52 AM
Oct 2021
Be patience little lamb the Nameless Monster will soon come for you
Oct 20, 2023 10:43 AM
Dec 2022
You are already being manipulated by Johan...
Oct 20, 2023 2:56 PM
Aug 2023
If you count total screen time, you might get 45 minutes.
Johan Liebert is rarely seen - but he is always there.
He is an invisible nightmare that knows your deepest fears and is waiting to wipe you out.
He is the manifestation of evil.

He is the best antagonist of all time.
Oct 20, 2023 5:18 PM
Dec 2022
Issax28 said:

Dw u will get a lot more info later in the show just keep watching :)
Oct 22, 2023 3:11 AM
Feb 2021
Bini001 said:

Well sure these kind of shows are an acquired taste in cinema. They are slow burners which tend to make sense and get good after some time provided you love their vibe and the story they are trying to tell . The selling point of this show are character's and their relationship with each other and how they together try to delve in the human psyche. Which is just not everyone's cup of tea !
Oct 24, 2023 8:09 AM
Jun 2022
Bini001 said:

agreed, the other urasawa works are so much better, i cant get 20CB ending out of my head even months after i finished reading it
Oct 24, 2023 2:34 PM
Mar 2020
You won’t get a Johan pov. He gets screen time, but very little.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 26, 2023 1:50 PM
Dec 2021
Bini001 said:

You're a tik-tokker! Tik-tockers have no attention spans, comparable to little babies. It is quite pathetic if I'm being honest.
Oct 26, 2023 2:06 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to peterross
Bini001 said:

You're a tik-tokker! Tik-tockers have no attention spans, comparable to little babies. It is quite pathetic if I'm being honest.
@peterross let me ask somthing why do we watch anime ?
for entertainment purposes and if the show dose not entertain us it lost hes point
and dont give me shit about philosophical and meaning of life think that is kids stuff who thinks thay depressed.
so yes i rate show base of how much i was entertain by them .
Oct 26, 2023 2:09 PM
Dec 2021
Bini001 said:
for entertainment purposes and if the show dose not entertain us it lost hes point
and dont give me shit about philosophical and meaning of life think that is kids stuff who thinks thay depressed.

Your English needs some work...but yeh just saying it doesn't entertain people with no attention spans because it is a slow burn show not a tik-tok video.
Oct 26, 2023 2:39 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to peterross
Bini001 said:

Your English needs some work...but yeh just saying it doesn't entertain people with no attention spans because it is a slow burn show not a tik-tok video.
@peterross ofc lets watch 70 meaningless episodes and get to an mid ending just so we can put it a 10 out of 10 to look cool
you telling me a man got shot twice in the head and survived btw english is my third language so forget about it
Oct 26, 2023 2:58 PM
Dec 2021
Bini001 said:
@peterross ofc lets watch 70 meaningless episodes and get to an mid ending just so we can put it a 10 out of 10 to look cool
you telling me a man got shot twice in the head and survived btw english is my third language so forget about it

Monster is ranked #25 anime of all time so I'm definitely not the only one giving Monster a 10 and i certainly don't give it a 10 to be "cool". I'm 37. Your argument about being shot in the head and survives is nonsensical. Things are crazy in every anime because it's...ANIME!
Oct 26, 2023 3:01 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to peterross
Bini001 said:

Monster is ranked #25 anime of all time so I'm definitely not the only one giving Monster a 10 and i certainly don't give it a 10 to be "cool". I'm 37. Your argument about being shot in the head and survives is nonsensical. Things are crazy in every anime because it's...ANIME!
@peterross you 37 and still watching anime jeez man go get a life or smth
Oct 26, 2023 3:08 PM
Dec 2021
Bini001 said:

lol wtf? I'm not allowed to watch anime at 37? I've got a life mate i'm married and have a house and a kid. Who the fk are you to judge? I could not care less about someones opinion. Especially someone trying to debate me with shit english. I will watch anime until I die.
Oct 26, 2023 4:03 PM
Oct 2020
peterross said:
Bini001 said:

lol wtf? I'm not allowed to watch anime at 37? I've got a life mate i'm married and have a house and a kid. Who the fk are you to judge? I could not care less about someones opinion. Especially someone trying to debate me with shit english. I will watch anime until I die.

Look, I’m not gonna argue with you I have respect for elders but the thing is monster it’s a slow burn without a payoff and everybody gives it a 10 out of 10 because they afraid if they speak up, everybody gonna attack them and say you have no taste and all that but if you like it who I am. to judge have a nice life and see you around
Oct 27, 2023 1:19 AM
Dec 2021
Bini001 said:
peterross said:

Look, I’m not gonna argue with you I have respect for elders but the thing is monster it’s a slow burn without a payoff and everybody gives it a 10 out of 10 because they afraid if they speak up, everybody gonna attack them and say you have no taste and all that but if you like it who I am. to judge have a nice life and see you around

The ending was good. Horror movies etc. usually end with the bad guy alive/escaped etc. They don't have a good ending often. I don't know what you were expecting but I guess you would've been happy to get back to your tik-toks!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

627 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

173 by ArtirSachi »»
May 6, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

105 by puffle9000 »»
May 2, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

149 by tectacles »»
May 2, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

152 by tectacles »»
May 1, 8:17 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.