Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 29, 2023 9:04 PM
Apr 2023
I m not sure to start a 75 ep series which is just about manga creation... Just wanna know if its animation is having any sports and if the story is really worth my time...BTW what genre would u guys put this anime in?
Sep 29, 2023 9:10 PM
Oct 2015
I loved bakuman. its an anime about making manga. it shows what goes into making manga and the lives of those people. it was very interesting and I thought the animation was good. I recommend it but you might want to read a synopsis or a review to see if making manga and two friends living life while doing so interest you.
Sep 29, 2023 9:13 PM
Oct 2015
since your into sports animes, the drama is similar. making the manga would be like the sports meet and you see them win and lose. I'd recommend it for you.
Sep 29, 2023 9:14 PM

Oct 2017
I read the manga first and really liked it, so I watched the anime. The anime made me like it more. I think it does a really solid job, but I can see why it's intimidating.
Sep 29, 2023 9:28 PM

Jun 2023
I like the first season. but in the middle of second season, it went annoying and finally after watching 2 episodes of season 3rd, I dropped it. to wrap up, you can just watch 1st season to get familiar with manga' process. it's good to know how Mangakas make and write a manga. and after that decide to continue it or not.
Sep 29, 2023 10:47 PM
Jan 2021
I watched it quite some time ago. But from what I recall it was a new type of plot and scenario then the current anime’s out now. It wasn’t chair gripping with anticipation but it was a really easy watch. I don’t think the romance, the comedy, the art style or music were absolutely amazing. But you get engaged with the progress of the characters and want to see how their path to becoming a manga artist unfolds.
Sep 29, 2023 11:15 PM

Jan 2021
Bakuman is under appreciated. A very solid story and great characters. It sounds like it could be boring but you’d be surprised. It’s one my favorite series of all time.
"To Infinity and Beyond."
Sep 30, 2023 12:51 AM
Jan 2016
S10_Hinatakun said:
I m not sure to start a 75 ep series which is just about manga creation... Just wanna know if its animation is having any sports and if the story is really worth my time...BTW what genre would u guys put this anime in?

Yes, you should watch it. It's a great shounen and a wonderfull story about hard work and dedication.
Sep 30, 2023 12:57 AM
anime enjoyer

Nov 2017
I've rewatched the whole series a minimum of 8 times. It's one of those anime that just comforts you. The main plot is about the whole process creating and debuting as a mangaka, how much work it is, what can happen in the process, etc. The "main" sub plot is the road to get an Anime created out of that manga and how these discussions work. There is also a bit information of voice actors' training and auditions. The connected sub plot involves romance, which is actually the driving force for the whole plot.

As already mentioned once in this thread, season 2 gets a bit boring and annoying. The interesting thing about that? It's intentional to show the hardships of mangaka and the business in and of itself. As everything that happens in the whole series are thing that have happened, are happening and will happen in the world of manga/anime.

The anime is absolutely worth it and I think the mixture of different plots and also the sheer amount of information are absolutely worth it. The conclusion is also beautiful.

Recently I've also watched Shirobako which is also absolutely fantastic in showing the process of anime. I absolutely recommend watching Bakuman and if interested Shirobako ☺
Hatred.
Sep 30, 2023 3:11 AM
Aug 2020
Romance is worth but at the very end of show, which was worth waiting, and anime itself is engaging into manga world which was so much fun but and there is so much struggle too. Characters are unique on their very own ways and def worth watching
Sep 30, 2023 3:13 AM
Nov 2019
i dont know, i haven't watched or read it. all I know is, it's not death note. keep that in mind.
Sep 30, 2023 5:39 AM
Jul 2022
This anime is one of the underrated and most fun anime I have seen. It was so cool and interesting to see how much effort it goes into making a manga (and also how they turnt a simple manga anime to battle shounen)
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM
Jul 2023
just watch and come back
Oct 2, 2023 3:16 AM
Sep 2021
It’s about manga creation/manga companies but it’s still shounen anime. The protagonists have their dream, there is competition, friendships, a bit of romance drama and comedy. It sounds like other shounen anime right?
If you are not ready or be afraid of wasting time, my opinion is waiting until you watch some amount of anime/read some manga and watch this, you will be more enjoy and understand manga world better.
Before starting Bakuman, I’ve watched more than 1000 anime already but Bakuman can become one of my favorite anime. So in my case, it’s worth!
Oct 2, 2023 9:02 AM
May 2016
This was one of my first anime and I loved it so much. It really helped me to appreciate and understand what everyone goes through to bring us the works we love so much

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.