Forums
New
Jun 25, 2023 8:17 PM
Feb 2021
Rewards Ladder Giveaway

🔓 Level Unlocked
7,000 posts/comments

🎁 Giveaway Prize
Mini Shikishi board autograph from seiyuu member (Kana)

How to Enter:
• Fill out this Google form only once.
• After the deadline has passed, one winner will be chosen at random.
• The winner will be notified by MyAnimeList's MAL_Event account via PM. Please check your PM inbox after the deadline so you don't miss the time window to claim the prize!

Entry Deadline:
July 10 at 20:00 PT (see in your timezone)

Next Rewards
The more active you are in the club, the more rewards will be unlocked! Don't forget to invite your friends, too.

🔒 8,000 posts/comments
🎁 Mini Shikishi board autograph from seiyuu member (Aqua)

(Full Rewards Ladder)

Please do not reply to this topic with simple posts like "OK" or "Got it".

Instead, let us know:
• What do you like about Kana?
• What do you like about Megumi Han?

---------------------------------------------
Thanks for taking part in the giveaway!

Winners will be randomly selected between 7/11~7/25.
We will send a direct message on MAL to winners, so sit tight!
MAL_EventJul 10, 2023 8:17 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 25, 2023 8:43 PM
Jul 2021
What I liked about Kana Arima is being levelheaded while being selfish at times, implying her past(don't wanna spoil things). I also liked her being a tsundere(anyone would agree to this of course, lol), having thorns all over her until Aqua removed the shell around her, along with the things that happened to her along the way.

The thing I liked about Megumi Han is how she perfectly portrayed Kana through voice acting like her voice really sounds good, perfectly portrays a tsundere(ofc nothing beats Saitou Chiwa). 
Jun 25, 2023 8:45 PM
Jun 2023
At first I was unsure of how much I enjoyed Kanas character in the early episodes but the amount of screen time she gets later on really impressed me. Her motivations and her interactions with Ruby and Aqua evolving over time made me really appreciate the way she boosts other people and showcases her selflessness.

And as equally as impressive is her VA. Megumi does a wonderful job at portraying the mood and definitely making me emotional for sure. I'm excited and hope that once this season ends for her future performances cause there is no way we don't get more.
Jun 25, 2023 8:58 PM
Sep 2021
Cg
Jun 25, 2023 8:59 PM
Dec 2021
At first when I read the manga, I remember seeing Kana as a child and thought, oh this is gonna be that character that acts insufferable to others and is a nuisance all around. Later, I found out how well developed she was and I loved her. She was devastated once Aqua gave a better perfomance, she felt for once as far as we know, fear as an actor that she might be replaced in future endeavors. Later, her fear became a reality, but it was also due to her attitude as a kid, she had ruined her chances more than she had known at the time. This led her to instead change her whole "act" instead opting to be easy to work with in hopes that someone would notice her again. Although we might've not seen her whole development, it felt real which I could say about a lot in this series(barring the reincarnation). She had hit rock bottom, and it made her realize she had to grow, and not be in her own world, she had to grow to accept others and be more caring.

As for Megumi Han, Id be lying if I said I knew her before this anime. I was worried since I hadn't heard of her previous works, but my god the surprise when she brought one of my favorite characters to life. Her tsundere moments, the lows, the highs. It was really what I imagined Kana to sound like. I will definitely keep out an eye for more of her work and will look for more anime featuring her, for this opened my eyes to yet anothee great seiyuu
Jun 25, 2023 9:00 PM
May 2021
I like how Arima Kana cares for others and tries his best, because he doesn't want others to go through the same things he had to go through. I think the fact that we have known him since the first episode also plays a part.

Megumi Han is amazing at portraying Arima Kana and it comes clearly through in thw show. You can always tell what he is thinking and it makes the shos overall just more enjoyable, when the voice matches the character.
Jun 25, 2023 9:02 PM
Aug 2022
cute
Jun 25, 2023 9:05 PM
ザクシャ イン ラブ

Aug 2016
I like how Arima Kana is an honest girl who, albeit being super critical of herself, tries her best at whatever she is doing. Seeing the contrast between the young prodigy and the teenager working hard to survive in the ruthless industry of Japanese entertainment, I am impressed with Han Megumi's approach to voicing Kana, which does a great job in capturing Kana's growth from her child actress days. This official interview of Han Megumi shows her thoughts about Kana's appeal, with which she emphasizes Kana's title as "former" prodigy child actress, and how it impacts her character. Han Megumi describes Kana as someone who would rather work hard for the sake of others instead of herself, and thus when asked to, Kana will respond with 120% of their expectations - and will do whatever it takes to achieve that. By displaying a carefully thought-out understanding of Kana's character, I believe that Han-san is able to execute on Kana's strong emotional scenes (the final scene of episode 10 comes to mind, where Kana redeclares herself with a new title). 

Jun 25, 2023 9:18 PM

Oct 2020
just how snarky she can be sometimes haha
and how well megumi han brought manga kana to life in a way id never considered before

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Jun 25, 2023 9:21 PM
Dec 2021
Kana ez best girl. One of the realest characters ive seen in anime. her voice actor is perfect for her character too!
Jun 25, 2023 9:27 PM
May 2021
I like kana because I like her nature, she is so harworking and always there to support ruby and also I feel her cute and I simp for aquaxkana so you can understand hehe. Overall Kana is the best girl for me in oshi no ko :) 
Jun 25, 2023 9:41 PM
Apr 2018
She cute, that's should be enough.

The first time I noticed Megumi Han was when I watched Mushibugyou. She played the role of Mushibugyou-sama, which was my favorite character in the series. Ever since I knew her name, I began to notice more of her voice: Benio in Sousei, Atsuko in Little Witch, Gon in Hunter x Hunter.
Jun 25, 2023 9:42 PM
Jan 2022
wow 😲
Jun 25, 2023 9:46 PM

Oct 2020
I'm honestly not the biggest fan of the character right this moment. I thought I'd really like her going forward after the events of episodes 3 and 4 but following that Kana became unbearably grating, grumpy and, felt rather at odds with the person depicted in episode 3. It felt as if a personality had come out of left field just to push some foreshadowing.

Frankly, I still don't know how to feel about her since her new backstory again feels out of nowhere but considering how important it is in the grander scheme of B Komachi, I'm hoping the character gets better from here on.
Jun 25, 2023 9:47 PM
Jun 2023
Kana Arima is my favorite type of character. While she is a foul mouth (with is part of her charm) and she gets jealous, she thinks about other people. I also heavily relate to the self deprecating jokes and to an extend devaluing themselves which sort of makes her all the more real to me. Every time she goes into the fetal pose, makes a self deprecating joke, speaks and smiles as if it's nothing to her but it hurts all just make her more or more compelling to me as she is a character she feels like the desperately wants to self sacrifice as to not bring others down in attempts to help others  but in reality she needs to learn that they needs to lean onto each other to push through.

Megumi Han Portrayed Kana Arima Beautifully, as well as did great vocals for full moon. Unfortunately I am not the most familiar with her though she does voice works in anime am a fan like Komi can't communicate, Re:Zero, Little Witch Academia, and BNA.
Jun 25, 2023 10:01 PM
Jan 2021
Kana-swwwwaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!
Jun 25, 2023 10:20 PM
Jan 2022
I like kana because she is kana kana is cool because I think kana arima does acting that is pretty cool
Jun 25, 2023 10:31 PM
Apr 2022
Aqua makes several comments throughout Oshi no Ko regarding Kana's foul mouth; she could be especially harsh as a child. She eventually finds a good balance between being honest and being difficult to work with, but Kana never lies about her feelings, even if it makes her look bad.
Jun 25, 2023 10:32 PM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
I liked Kana because she reminded me of my classmate in the past. She felt more human to me than any regular anime characters, sometimes it's like I can really see here right next to me when she speaks
9cycle cycle9

Jun 25, 2023 10:46 PM

Aug 2019
There aren't many tsuns that I like, but she's, idk how, is the one character I adore the most in the manga. (And yeah, gotta mention, she's got the perfect va for the anime as well). Heck, she even broke the 'long hair' archetype of my fav girls in animes. That doesn't happen very often haha. 
Anyways, her diligence and how she evaluates herself among the other actors in any scene is what made her my favourite. The change from an overconfident child prodigy to a plain hard working girl who knows the struggle in the industry was so good and realistic to an extent. 
With all the mess that happens in the series, I think that she's the one who can truly 'save' aqua. 

Jun 25, 2023 10:51 PM

Oct 2021
I have loved Kana since episode 2 of the anime, but episode 10 made her astounding! Her self-depreciating attitude is an outcome of her "failed" child actress days because those self-devaluing commenters from social media rubbed on her psyche; that's why her confidence diminished over time. But, I guess, it's only natural that child actresses like her fade away because the audience prefers to see the child in her (and never the grown-up Kana). Her one-hit-wonder days may be over, but a new window opens and that's idol work. When she finally declared she's a rookie idol in episode 10, that's a wow moment! Bravo! Bravo! What courage!

Megumi Han portrays Kana perfectly, especially with her Full Moon song. I haven't heard Megumi's voice acting elsewhere except for the first 3 episodes I have watched on Hunter x Hunter. I am glad Megumi has a voice range that can match the "tsundere-ness" of Kana 😁.

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jun 25, 2023 11:14 PM

Dec 2010
I like how Kana is very self-conscious and aware of the people around her. She is also very cute and amusing to watch, and she's a great singer. Also her tsukkomi's are fun. 

I've listened to a few of Han Megumi's roles and she is really versatile. Able to voice both male and female roles perfectly. Like her many roles in Naruto, Momiji, Rinko, Takeru, etc. 
She is really talented as a seiyuu.
Jun 25, 2023 11:43 PM
Apr 2023
Well first of all in my opinion kana is hella cute uwu.In my opinion she is the most honest character  out of all even if she is a little bit rude sometimes.She is also the most realistic out of all as we can relate to her thoughts and stuff as a real person.She is a pretty enjoyable character as she is a Tsundere (Well i love tsunderes ngl). She is a hardworking and genuine as well. And in my opinion she is the kind of girl  harcore otakus go crazy for. (Its just my opinion lol no hate)

Well, I've heard megumi han in many animes like in "A silent voice" as "Miki", in "Fruits Basket" as "Momoji", in " Hunter x Hunter" as "Gon" etc. She has the ability to perfectly voice both female and male and bring them back to life.She is a really talented VA as she is the one who brought "Kana Arima" to life and potrays her so perfectly. And at last she is also pretty hehe ^^
Jun 25, 2023 11:47 PM

Nov 2018
Kana Arima was the only main character that she never give up.. even though that she got a bad experience from her past but she try to push of her limits not her acting but her idol performance. That's why I really like her character so much..
Jun 25, 2023 11:49 PM
Oct 2022
MAL_Event said:
Rewards Ladder Giveaway

🔓 Level Unlocked
7,000 posts/comments

🎁 Giveaway Prize
Mini Shikishi board autograph from seiyuu member (Kana)

How to Enter:
• Fill out this Google form only once.
• After the deadline has passed, one winner will be chosen at random.
• The winner will be notified by MyAnimeList's MAL_Event account via PM. Please check your PM inbox after the deadline so you don't miss the time window to claim the prize!

Entry Deadline:
July 10 at 20:00 PT (see in your timezone)

Next Rewards
The more active you are in the club, the more rewards will be unlocked! Don't forget to invite your friends, too.

🔒 8,000 posts/comments
🎁 Mini Shikishi board autograph from seiyuu member (Aqua)

(Full Rewards Ladder)

Please do not reply to this topic with simple posts like "OK" or "Got it".

Instead, let us know:
• What do you like about Kana?
• What do you like about Megumi Han?
Kana is a very interesting character. She does not know who she is yet and is still looking after being lost in the feeling of unwantedness. She has a wonderful voice actor, a wonderful personality and very good character design. Her development as a character seems to be going well
Jun 26, 2023 12:36 AM
May 2020
I feel sad for Kana-san's character, I feel like she was forced to grow up and shoulder too much all her life and has never had the opportunity to stop and take a breath.  She is headstrong but I think she needs to be or she would implode on herself. 
Jun 26, 2023 12:36 AM
Jun 2017
Megumi Han I lover her voice. Perfectly fits for kana.
Jun 26, 2023 12:37 AM
Apr 2023
I love Arima kana, please give me this shikishi.
Jun 26, 2023 12:38 AM
Apr 2023
Already got the About Me theme so the rest is just icing on the cake because I'm probably not gonna get anyone of them.
Jun 26, 2023 12:45 AM

Mar 2022
yep i like kana from the whole show i would be happy if i win this let's goo best of luck 

Jun 26, 2023 12:52 AM

Jan 2023
Kana is noticably my all time favorite in the anime.
Before everything, her looks is amazing. Every single episode she is changing her outfit, and it always looks nice.
She is obviously more experienced in being in the entertainment industry then the others. Her younger self was really giving that cute charm that everyone liked. ( I can't get the Bell Pepper Exercise out of my head, send help)
Also the way she talks, and her stance is also fascinating.
I also really like the funny side of her, the community got quite alot of memes from that.
❤️
Jun 26, 2023 12:56 AM
Dec 2018
I like about Kana that she is smart, have some cute moments and her eyes are amazing.

Regarding Megumi Han. Her voice is amazing. Makes me happy when i hear her pouring everything into the character.
Jun 26, 2023 1:06 AM

Oct 2008
I’m an anime only watcher. So far Kana has been my favourite out of the girls. I can somewhat sympathise with her not giving up and still trying. I really liked her reintroduction with 'a whole galaxy in her eyes' when she met the twins again. Plus, I’m looking forward to her with more hats/berets she’s so stylish.
Before Oshi I didn't really know much about Megumi Han. I wish her luck with upcoming roles. ^^
Jun 26, 2023 1:22 AM
Aug 2022
What I like about Kana-San is She's Tsundere!!😆😆
Jun 26, 2023 1:23 AM
Mar 2022

I like how Kana is very self-conscious and aware of the people around her. She is also very cute and amusing to watch, and she's a great singer. Also her tsukkomi's are fun.

Jun 26, 2023 2:34 AM
Aug 2022
Kana is great because she was introduced as the most childish and manipulative character in the show and immediately subverted our expectectations once she was reintroduced as a teenager. She's rude but clearly cares for people and puts a lot of effort into her work, she's honest and really deserves to be happy.

Megumi Han, similarly to Kana, is an incredible performer with amazing range, who has voiced an incredible amount of characters in many shows. If I had to choose a few faves I'd probably go with Gon from HxH, Kana from Oshi no Ko, and Motoharu from Cool Doji Danshi. Like I said, she's got range! She's wonderful and deserves the best in life, just like Kana!

Jun 26, 2023 2:53 AM
Sep 2020
At first i kinda don't like Kana as a character but as the story goes on she becomes more likeable and after seeing her backstory it just wants to make you support her to the fullest. Ganbate Kana Senpai <3

Feast23Jun 26, 2023 2:57 AM
Jun 26, 2023 3:12 AM
Sep 2021
About Kana hmm, she's literally one of the funniest in the series! she's still my fav female chara in the series! She's a bit of an airhead but she's really cute and hardworking!

About Megumi Han? She's the best, her voice acting perfectly matches Kana's and her va for other characters are also truly good!
Jun 26, 2023 3:40 AM
Jan 2022
What I love about Kana is her tenacity. She is sweet and although she is intrusive, I consider that to be her good quality. Her acting skills are amazing.

I love her voice. I don't know if there is anything else that needs to be said.
My candies:
Jun 26, 2023 4:04 AM
Apr 2021
cool, i want that
Jun 26, 2023 4:11 AM
Dec 2018
She's cute, she's tsundere, she's funny, what I need more than that?
Jun 26, 2023 5:09 AM

Jan 2020
As a manga reader I always preferred Akane over Kana in terms of personality (just by a tiny bit), but Megumi Han does such an amazing job at bringing Kana's character to life I might have to reconsider my life decisions. 

10/10 Voice acting I like 
Jun 26, 2023 5:20 AM
Oct 2021
kana is annoying at the start but when she sees aqua she gets a complete reality check, I really like the way she's evolved into doing more because she wants to as a passion because she thinks her prime time was when she was younger.

megumi Han definitely does a great job for the character, I don't think I could see anybody else doing it.
Jun 26, 2023 5:54 AM
Oct 2015
Gon Freecss becoming an idol!!!! HUEHUEHUE, ty for fulfilling my dream Megumi
Jun 26, 2023 6:01 AM

Oct 2018
In Kana Arima I see an insecure person which overthinks a lot about the every day, even little things like a conversation with someone, for exemple a conversation with Aqua, where he said "Good work, you are doing great.", she overthinks and asks herself if he really means it or if he's only saying that since he wants her sister's idol group to do well. That's a simple exemple but there's a lot of exemples in the anime.
Overthinking like this leads to insecurity, which in the case of her relation with Aqua, that makes her insecure and anxious about it, because of that she doesn't do nothing about it. But doing nothing leads to more and more anxiety and insecuriy which results in a loop of insecurity and anxiety which leads to doing nothing about it, which leads to insecurity and anxiety, etc.

Being insecure about herself makes her never says out loud what she really thinks about herself. She puts up a mask like everything is ok to the rest of the people, not showing her true feelings which leads to feel alone since you never show your feelings, like no one really knows you, and she basically suffers in silence while no one knows because she doesn't tell anyone. 

She's works very hard to achieve her goals, which is something I want to achieve, to be very hard working while going through my fears.

I identified with her a lot, since it's basically how I approach life as well, which sucks... But that's why I like Kana Arima.

Edit: Forgot to mention about the overthinking part and also restructured the whole post.
FernandesdfJun 28, 2023 8:02 AM
Jun 26, 2023 6:02 AM

Jun 2022
Kara is very hot and her hair is beautiful.
Jun 26, 2023 7:43 AM

Dec 2020
Han Megumi is a very good VA and her roles as Gon from HxH, Momiji from Fruits Basket as well as Kana show her amazing range.

I've read the manga and Kana is a very fun and likeable character and her interactions with the other characters are great and a treat to watch.

Jun 26, 2023 8:10 AM
Jul 2021
What I like about her ? Good question, I like how she can be sneaky, I love that part of her, how she made some particular decisions like helping Ruby etc.... her moments when she does get angry always gets me.
I think the VA of Kana just caputures perfectly who Kana is, in her moments, when she's sweet, funny or angry, it just fits very well at every time.
Jun 26, 2023 8:13 AM
Mar 2019
In my opinion Arima Kana is a cute girl who has tsundere behavior with Aqua.
But the thing I really like about her is how she talks. I mean the expressions she makes and how she pronounce same words completely differently.
Kana is a character who has one of the most activities in the anime that makes the anime even better.
Jun 26, 2023 9:07 AM
Jul 2020
Kana chan is such a complex character, I really like her!!
Megumi Han is doing a wonderful job as the VA!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Introduce Yourself! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MAL_Event - Mar 23, 2023

1064 by spicarie »»
Jun 4, 6:17 PM

Poll: » Favorite character ( 1 2 )

ateks - May 6, 2023

64 by AtaruMoroboshiXD »»
Jun 2, 2:28 PM

» 🎁 Rewards Ladder ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MAL_Event - May 21, 2023

569 by ARPIT_D »»
May 31, 3:05 AM

» Why is this club not visible on MAL app?

BlackSpectrum - Apr 17

4 by BlackSpectrum »»
May 7, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Which character would you choose to act as if you were in Oshi no Ko and why?

Remi2017 - Sep 18, 2023

4 by Remi2017 »»
Feb 27, 12:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.