Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 16, 2023 3:06 AM
Dec 2019
So I've been watching both seasons almost twice and... I don't get why some people think there are yuri elements in this anime, I haven't really noticed anything particular going on between Shamiko and Momo, do people simply assume nowadays that "Friends = Lovers" ? 
Jun 16, 2023 3:20 AM

Mar 2020
whatever5464 said:
So I've been watching both seasons almost twice and... I don't get why some people think there are yuri elements in this anime, I haven't really noticed anything particular going on between Shamiko and Momo, do people simply assume nowadays that "Friends = Lovers" ? 

Momo treats Shamiko in a 'special' way, compared to say Shamicen or Mikan. I wouldn't say it's 100% yuri, but there's some kind of 'wholesome love', be it friends or whatever, involved. There's also the whole 'falling to darkness' and that one scene around ep 6-8 in S2 where Shamiko promises to become stronger.

TL;DR: It's just a wholesome relationship. It doesn't even have the shoujo ai tag lmao. Btw, this comes from someone who ships these two.

Only you can save yourself.
I only know what I know, I guess?
Yuri enjoyer and El Cazador de la Bruja fan
Jun 16, 2023 3:22 AM

Jul 2015
There are only two named male character in the whole cast. One is a cat and second is middle aged, barely antrophomorphic tapir.
Some people assume, that all female cast immediately means it's yuri, which is wrong, because we have no way of knowing how those girls would act in front of boys their age.

Jun 16, 2023 3:27 AM

Mar 2020
Piromysl said:
There are only two named male character in the whole cast. One is a cat and second is middle aged, barely antrophomorphic tapir.
Some people assume, that all female cast immediately means it's yuri, which is wrong, because we have no way of knowing how those girls would act in front of boys their age.

Welp, there's also Joshua (I think that was his name, Shamiko's father), and tapir already has someone crushing for him. Metako is out of the 'romanceable' characters because of obvious reasons. Thus... Yup, 0 possible male love interests.

Only you can save yourself.
I only know what I know, I guess?
Yuri enjoyer and El Cazador de la Bruja fan
Jun 16, 2023 3:47 AM

Jul 2015
BetterBegoneThot said:
Piromysl said:

Welp, there's also Joshua (I think that was his name, Shamiko's father), and tapir already has someone crushing for him. Metako is out of the 'romanceable' characters because of obvious reasons. Thus... Yup, 0 possible male love interests.

Yup. There is a third one, which is a married mandarin box.

Jun 16, 2023 3:53 AM
Aug 2020
There was no real kiss or confession, and all i remember is wholesome friendship even if its grow to yuri it still better vibe between two of them than most of romance trash anime i saw.
Jun 16, 2023 3:56 AM
Feb 2022
i dont see it but i dont mind iz eather
Jun 16, 2023 4:19 AM
Oct 2022
it's not yuri but momo has a very obvious crush on yuuko so it feels like it can develop into yuri as the story goes.
and honestly their relationship is so wholesome that it adds a nice charm to the show
Jun 16, 2023 4:26 AM
Oct 2022
Piromysl said:

Hey, don't forget the box of oranges!!!
Jun 16, 2023 5:23 AM

Mar 2013
Where? in our feeble minds. That's where. lmao
P.S. I agree that there's none but you can't stop them from creating some...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 16, 2023 8:00 AM
Jul 2020
Sekiro94 said:
There was no real kiss or confession, and all i remember is wholesome friendship even if its grow to yuri it still better vibe between two of them than most of romance trash anime i saw.

anything to fullfill ur fetish my weirdo creep friend
Jun 16, 2023 8:28 AM
Dec 2019
Why half of this thread(Including the opening post) disappeared?
Jun 16, 2023 1:14 PM
Jun 2020
It is the regular "yuri subtext" from all girls anime. It can be friendship, it can be love, we may never know, so people give their own interpretation.
Jun 17, 2023 5:31 AM
Nov 2013
Nahhh it’s not really yuri, so much as yuri undertones. Think of bromance but with girls.
THE ALL-MIGHTY SWAGLORD
Oct 5, 2023 9:41 AM
Jan 2017
I hate to necro this thread but everyone here is wrong.

Besides obvious stuff like that, there's them going on a date in ep1s2, Shamiko's Momo tummy fetish, that scene where Shamiko wonders what happens when she pulls Momo's string, Lilith saying Shamiko has to "seduce" Momo in ep12s1, etc. Literally no one would be questioning there being romantic tension between them if it was a guy and a girl doing the same things.

Or the slam dunk that is their names being references to Japanese lesbian icons Chiyo Monma and Nobuko Yoshiya.
Jan 23, 9:54 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to karton_realista
I hate to necro this thread but everyone here is wrong.

Besides obvious stuff like that, there's them going on a date in ep1s2, Shamiko's Momo tummy fetish, that scene where Shamiko wonders what happens when she pulls Momo's string, Lilith saying Shamiko has to "seduce" Momo in ep12s1, etc. Literally no one would be questioning there being romantic tension between them if it was a guy and a girl doing the same things.

Or the slam dunk that is their names being references to Japanese lesbian icons Chiyo Monma and Nobuko Yoshiya.
@karton_realista Honestly I agree 100%. I'm surprised so many people are shocked that people might consider this anime yuri. Like, take Gabriel Dropout for example. That anime is literally just 4 girls who are surprisingly all friends and are getting into shenanigans and just having their daily school lives as friends, you can tell there's nothing more than that they are just friends. Never mind, Gabriel Dropout had some Yuri moments too.

Regardless, with this anime, it's so clearly more than that.

Anyway, that's my two cents on the matter.
IWatchAnime1337Jan 23, 10:26 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2022

72 by Anima_Deus »»
Mar 7, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2022

54 by Neko_21 »»
Mar 1, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2022

35 by bushman66 »»
Jun 11, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

21 by badabass »»
Apr 9, 2023 12:01 AM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2022

22 by badabass »»
Apr 8, 2023 11:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.