Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 8, 2023 6:35 PM

Feb 2021
Haven't seen this show yet, but the other KV was 900038923748934983% better, and how I remembered I haven't seen this yet. Fast forward now and I see this ugly image on people's profiles, naturally, I'm like wtf is that supposed to be only to click on it and be like "Oh its that anime that imma like but never have enough time to watch it cuz I'm slave to seasonals".

Other KV (so u can see im not crazy):

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ."
โป๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช
Jun 8, 2023 7:00 PM
May 2022
First off, your top fav Anime are pretty based. second, I agree with you. Although I didn't like this anime too much, the monsters were pretty ugly.
Jun 8, 2023 7:43 PM

Jul 2021
nope this KV is better, the other KV doesn't stand out in the slightest and is just plain boring
also this is the visual used on Crunchyroll so it was the other way for me after watching it on Crunchyroll i came to MAL and saw that ugly visual.
Cestlavie_Jun 8, 2023 7:49 PM
Jun 8, 2023 8:09 PM

Jan 2013
I see nothing but facts here. I also wonder when I'm ever going to finish some of these older shows thanks to fucking seasonals. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jun 8, 2023 8:14 PM

Jun 2016
I liked the other one better, I don’t really know why they changed it. I’m sure there were better choice too.
Jun 8, 2023 10:30 PM
Jun 2019
I don't feel like it's a huge deal really, but I'm going to share my opinion here just for discussion. it might get a little long as well since this is one of my fav animes and probably my favorite anime soundtrack.

The older pic does a great job of showcasing the scary, psychological, dystopian horror of this anime a lot better IMO. This new one stands out a lot more, but I feel like it somewhat misrepresents the Anime a bit. It looks quite nice with the bright colors and characters and maybe that could serve to bring new watchers to this amazing anime, but it just looks like any other Slice of Life anime with 4 friends now.

If they were trying to go for a Madoka Magica thing where they almost try to trick you at the beginning into thinking the anime is going to be a very cheerful one and then pull the rug out under you by the time you finish the first ep, Id totally get it (this only works on people who don't do any background research into the show before watching though of course, similarly to the game Doki Doki Literature Club).

This Anime never really tries to hide that it's a dark anime though; it's actually one of it's main selling points, and the beautifully haunting music at the beginning of the Anime showcases that. So with that... idk. I don't feel like this new pic really "fits" the anime as well or represents it's qualities properly. The new pic makes this show seem like it's going to be A Lull in the Sea or even Yuru Camp (especially a lull in the Sea. Seriously, go compare the two pics lol.)

it's not a huge deal, but I def prefer the older pic, partially for nostalgic reasons forsure, but mainly because it just represents the anime so much better (even if it isn't as bright or flashy as the new one). It shows the two main forces in the show perfectly as well as the village the story is centered around. I'd like to see it revert to the old pic personally, but not a huge deal if it doesn't either.
Jun 9, 2023 1:22 AM
Sep 2022
Agree with you, I prefer an another KV too
Jun 9, 2023 9:28 AM

Aug 2020
I agree that the previous one is on its own league and fits way better to the show's concept. However, this one is beautiful IMO. The sky reflecting to the floor is fascinating. This cover is basically "the world can be a good place". I like it.

Feb 3, 10:31 AM

Sep 2014
Hey did you watch this amazing anime yet?
Mar 28, 6:10 AM
Apr 2016
I liked the other one better too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.