Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 24, 2023 1:41 PM
Apr 2023
dreamingneon said:
Got my team ready!
same but idk how to play 🙂
Jun 24, 2023 1:50 PM

Apr 2014
Having 5 or 6 swaps would be nice. 4 feels like such an awkward number, with 3 of them pretty much guaranteed to be used on lower-scoring anime just for acing purposes almost every season. Leaves close to no room for actual strategy and forces you to use that wildcard extra swap.
2023:
2022:
2021:

Jun 24, 2023 3:39 PM

Dec 2021
I'm excited af
Jun 25, 2023 1:11 AM
May 2023
At the moment I don't know, I'll tell you later
Jun 25, 2023 2:25 AM
Sep 2021
Probably Jujustu Kaisen Season 2
There is any other good anime around this anime in my opinion
Jun 25, 2023 3:30 AM
Mar 2011
For me it will be Bleach of course...
Jun 25, 2023 7:49 AM
Jun 2021
how do i vote gkdkkgkdkkg
Jun 25, 2023 9:33 AM
Apr 2020
Oshino ko
Jun 25, 2023 12:37 PM

Jun 2021
Skatrzoo said:
Having 5 or 6 swaps would be nice. 4 feels like such an awkward number, with 3 of them pretty much guaranteed to be used on lower-scoring anime just for acing purposes almost every season. Leaves close to no room for actual strategy and forces you to use that wildcard extra swap.
xD do you still have your halloween candies 
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Jun 25, 2023 2:37 PM

Jun 2020
The badge is real cool. I love green.
I almost made it this season lol, but not as good as the previous because I don't look at the weekly progress that much, but its still fun. I will join again (also for the badge)
Jun 26, 2023 7:37 AM
Jan 2021
Ri-KoRin said:
Masamune-kun And Rent-a-girlfriend are both popular hot trash at the top. Sigh

Potential Black horse:
--Dark Gathering (OLM)
Manga score: 7.55//Member ~4000

--Shiro Seijo to Kuro Bokushi (Doga Kobo)
Manga score: 7.61//Member ~4000

--AI no Idenshi (Madhouse)

--Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan (2023)

Of course, the actual one that deserves to be at the top is the one and only Vending machine Kun
couldn't agree more, vending machine kun is 100% getting a watch from everyone
Jun 26, 2023 9:37 AM
Feb 2023
Kalau bisa secepatnya rilis season 2 nya, karna mnurut saya anime ini sngat bgus pada musim ini dan salah 1 anime terbaik👍👍👍
Jun 26, 2023 12:07 PM
Mar 2020
Shelby07 said:
Bleach
Jun 26, 2023 11:52 PM
Sep 2021
SleeplessSpecter said:
Shelby07 said:
Bleach

Manga Ending wasn't even good so dont expect more from Bleach
Jun 27, 2023 9:40 AM
Dec 2022
Mushoku tensei.
Jun 27, 2023 12:06 PM
Sep 2016
So you can only participate if you have/are in the Discord?
Jun 27, 2023 4:03 PM
May 2023
Pain_The_Kami said:
Damn, what a beautiful badge, love it.
how do you join FAL?
Jun 27, 2023 11:22 PM

Nov 2019
My first time playing this. Very luck!
Hello! Have nice day!!

Jun 28, 2023 6:02 AM

Nov 2020
Let's try this and see how it goes
SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI

Jun 28, 2023 9:45 AM

Aug 2018
ECCHILOVER31 said:
Pain_The_Kami said:
Damn, what a beautiful badge, love it.
how do you join FAL?
Here https://fal.myanimelist.net/summer_2023 choose what anime you want.
Jun 28, 2023 10:39 AM
Oct 2021
I’m sure that this season would be dominated by the two goats one piece and bleach because both gear 5 and the second part of thousand year blood war would be released in this season. So they would be at the top this season, I really hope I win 🤩
Jun 28, 2023 1:35 PM
Apr 2021
Lowkey confused about how Formus work ngl
Jun 29, 2023 1:26 AM
May 2023
Pain_The_Kami said:
ECCHILOVER31 said:
how do you join FAL?
Here https://fal.myanimelist.net/summer_2023 choose what anime you want.
gracias mi amigo/amiga
Jun 29, 2023 10:30 PM

Jul 2010
Great! Summer, ah summer =)
May be some anime?
Jun 30, 2023 12:06 AM

Jul 2012
It would be great if the post explained better what is FAL and how to get the badge. I think the description as it is now is too confusing for someone first time looking at this.
Jun 30, 2023 12:52 PM

Jan 2008
Getting the feeling I'll end up doing worse than last season but I like that badge so might as well try. :s

xxsarahsaczxx said:
So you can only participate if you have/are in the Discord?

No. You don't have to have/be in the discord to participate.
Jul 1, 2023 4:36 PM
Jul 2020
I think that this will be a pretty easy one. I personally think it will be JJK Season 2. Especially if they cover the Shibuya Incident Arc, which Manga fans of the series have definitely raved about and won't shut up about (Even though I am pretty excited for it). I think this is a pretty safe bet for this because A. it has a pretty big fanbase and the manga fans are super dedicated and B. it is a Shonen Jump manga to anime, which will automatically stir up attention. Some other anime that I think will do well is Mushoku Tensei and potentially the new Fate anime. People, including me, have been waiting so long for Mushoku Tensei to come back. With Fate fans, you don't really need to explain. They are super loyal and will watch pretty much anything that comes out. Now I don't know if this will count, but if it does, it will take the cake. One Piece. I know that it came out in the late 90's, but you know what is this summer, Gear 5th. If that counts cool, if it doesn't then that's cool too. If that doesn't count, then I guess Bleach will take the place of One Piece.

To clarify what my picks are: Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2, Mushoku Tensei Season 2, Fate/strange Fake -Whispers of Dawn-, and One Piece if it counts and if not then Bleach!

Also for the increase in swaps would be cool!
Jul 1, 2023 9:39 PM

Nov 2012
Kineta said:

Also, let me know:
What do you think about the idea of increasing the number of swaps? 👀

1-  I did my list a couple of weeks ago, but just realized  The Eminence in Shadow Season 2 isn't listed.  Just wanted to bring that to someone's attention.  It would change my team if it were.
2- I rarely run out of swaps so I see no need for it, but if you do I wouldn't let it be free as someone stated above.  Let the first 4 or even 2 be free as they are not but charge points for the others.
Jul 1, 2023 9:42 PM

Nov 2012
Joshhhp said:
Finally a FAL event for Summer. The profile badge looks very nice, probably my favorite so far and it's the main reason I will participate again

Did you figure it out?  Click in Kineta's post where she has "Make Your Team." It will take you to the page and the directions. Also, at the top left under the Anime tab, FAL is the last option.
Jul 1, 2023 10:02 PM
Nov 2010
dragynfaerie said:
Kineta said:

Also, let me know:
What do you think about the idea of increasing the number of swaps? 👀

1-  I did my list a couple of weeks ago, but just realized  The Eminence in Shadow Season 2 isn't listed.  Just wanted to bring that to someone's attention.  It would change my team if it were.
2- I rarely run out of swaps so I see no need for it, but if you do I wouldn't let it be free as someone stated above.  Let the first 4 or even 2 be free as they are not but charge points for the others.

Eminence in shadow s2 is in fall 2023, not summer 2023. It got mistakenly put in summer because of the wrong airing date of July 1, which is not the actual air date, but just the date for Anime Expo airing
Jul 1, 2023 10:32 PM

Nov 2012
eplipswich said:
dragynfaerie said:

Eminence in shadow s2 is in fall 2023, not summer 2023. It got mistakenly put in summer because of the wrong airing date of July 1, which is not the actual air date, but just the date for Anime Expo airing

Sooo what you're saying is I can stop looking for it then?  LOL Thanks.
Jul 1, 2023 10:35 PM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
@Kineta
What if anime related increase its member over 75k in the end of week but we choose it as Ace when its around 50k member in the early of week, is it counted as Ace or invalid ?

Jul 1, 2023 10:48 PM
Nov 2010
ISeeLifePeople said:
@Kineta
What if anime related increase its member over 75k in the end of week but we choose it as Ace when its around 50k member in the early of week, is it counted as Ace or invalid ?

It'll be considered as invalid, and you will lose 5k points. Ace points, like other points, are only calculated at the end of the week

By the way, just to be clear, 75k is referring to watching/completed, not total members.
Jul 1, 2023 11:06 PM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
eplipswich said:
ISeeLifePeople said:
@Kineta

It'll be considered as invalid, and you will lose 5k points. Ace points, like other points, are only calculated at the end of the week

By the way, just to be clear, 75k is referring to watching/completed, not total members.
Ok noted then 
It'll be considered as invalid, and you will lose 5k points

Jul 1, 2023 11:50 PM

May 2020
dragynfaerie said:
Joshhhp said:
Finally a FAL event for Summer. The profile badge looks very nice, probably my favorite so far and it's the main reason I will participate again

Did you figure it out?  Click in Kineta's post where she has "Make Your Team." It will take you to the page and the directions. Also, at the top left under the Anime tab, FAL is the last option.
Yeah I know how to do that lol but thank you!

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Jul 5, 2023 12:27 AM

Jul 2012
Just wana say thanks for my very first badge! it was a nice surprise seeing it there :)
Now to see how the season goes.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

Jul 5, 2023 9:05 AM

Jan 2010
When do you get the reward for the previous season?
Jul 6, 2023 11:08 PM
Jun 2022
I registered for FAL summer 2023 but it says I haven't and that I have to wait until next year. not cool guys.

Jul 9, 2023 12:52 PM
Feb 2020
I'm a little worried about the last week scoring considering quite a few show aired 2 episodes this week.

Week 13 has highest weightage in terms of scoring.
Jul 12, 2023 12:55 AM

May 2023
Interessante!!.
JLDAVID
Jul 13, 2023 5:08 PM
Mar 2021
Well, Kinnie, i cant say much since this season is well kinda boring even for me...
But yeaaaa, guess I will go for Masamune kun no revenge, Devil is a part timer s2 p2, Mushoku Tensei, and that new zombie one Zom 100.
Masamune kun bcoz i was kinda waiting for it to end, its not much left anyways in manga and novel for its last ending i mean since its already completed there.
Devil part timer bcoz i watched it before.
Mushoku Tensei is kinda dull for now, but well i will still goo for now ig... he is going back to his character thought (that pervert panty lover) haha 
and this new zombie one, its my first time i loved some zombie one, i liked High School of the Dead too, but this Zom 100 animation is literally good. 
And, somehow MC makes me remember Deku from My Hero Academia (maybe they made MC after him xD)..
Will try Love Live too, soo maybe it will be added later ( •̀ ω •́ )y
YogSothothGEJul 13, 2023 5:14 PM
Jul 13, 2023 7:03 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
When I've seen all the anime in the stack lmao...except A3! Season Spring & Summer.. But I ain't watching that..

I will re-watch something for the badge

Jul 14, 2023 3:19 AM
May 2012
Can you ace an anime that pass the threshold in the current week ? zom100 for instance can still be aced at 100,146
  users
Jul 14, 2023 4:38 AM

Jul 2012
Lipnitskaya said:
Can you ace an anime that pass the threshold in the current week ? zom100 for instance can still be aced at 100,146
  users

In rules it's stated that:
  • +75,000 points if the Aced anime collected the most points on the team for that week.
  • -5,000 points if the Ace does not become the anime with the most points on the team for that week, OR has passed the 75,000 members threshold in "Watching" + "Completed".
Jul 16, 2023 6:17 AM

Jan 2015
For FAL veterans who are/aren't participating this season, if you don't mind helping

Suppose i've aced one anime last week and this is the stats today (day of calculation):

Anime 1: 50k points (aced last week and won)
Anime 2: 40k points
Anime 3: 30k points
Anime 4: 20k points
Anime 5: 10k points

Anime 1 in my case will win the most points but can no longer be aced, so what happens if i ace anime 2?

Does an aced / correctly-aced anime still count as part of the calculation? And if not, so anime 2 will win in my case this week?

• reminder to do something today that will make your life better •
• true failure is when you stop trying •

Jul 16, 2023 7:34 AM

Jul 2012
Xavion said:
For FAL veterans who are/aren't participating this season, if you don't mind helping

Suppose i've aced one anime last week and this is the stats today (day of calculation):

Anime 1 in my case will win the most points but can no longer be aced, so what happens if i ace anime 2?

Does an aced / correctly-aced anime still count as part of the calculation? And if not, so anime 2 will win in my case this week?

If you ace anime 2 while anime 1 still is below 75k watching + completed, you'll lose points.
Here is a handy flowchart from Spring, just keep in mind that the ace threshold is 75k now and not 80k:

Jul 16, 2023 7:43 AM

Jan 2015
@Samii

I see, so the right choice would be to not ace anything this week, since anime 1 in my case is still under 75k watching+completed.

Thank you for the help, and for sharing the chart. Much appreciated.

Jul 17, 2023 4:31 AM
Feb 2020
I don't get it as to why they have given the option of selecting the second best option as Ace if the best option has already been Aced once.

I selected best anime as Ace in Week 1 & got the reward. Now in Week 2, I selected the next best anime in my Active Team & lost the point even though the Second best anime performed as expected second best as the best anime was already aced in Week 1.

Reward should be given based on active team (excluding the anime that are aced before and won then).
Jul 17, 2023 4:39 AM
Feb 2020
Xavion said:

Sadly if you guessed Anime 2, you've lost your bet.

It happened to me. I aced Anime 1 in Week 1 & won. Anime 1 is not longer eligible to be aced but still performed better in Week 2. I selected Anime 2 based on the description. Anime 2 was the second best in Week 2 but I still lost as they considered Anime 1 participation in Week 2 as well for me.

Its like we can Ace only once in whole season comfortably. Acing another time & winning can only happen if we sacrifice some points by swapping the best show to bench & letting our guess win the bet.

I wonder how will it be any useful afterall as season progress, more points will be lost due to swapping the best show out & not to forget swap is wasted.

Another way we can win Ace 2 is when the best show of one week is outperformed by another anime in some other week. Sadly that rarely happens as Top anime usually retains its position after Week 2 or 3 till end of season.
Jul 17, 2023 4:47 AM

Jan 2015
Kays90 said:
Xavion said:

Sadly if you guessed Anime 2, you've lost your bet.

It happened to me. I aced Anime 1 in Week 1 & won. Anime 1 is not longer eligible to be aced but still performed better in Week 2. I selected Anime 2 based on the description. Anime 2 was the second best in Week 2 but I still lost as they considered Anime 1 participation in Week 2 as well for me.

Its like we can Ace only once in whole season comfortably. Acing another time & winning can only happen if we sacrifice some points by swapping the best show to bench & letting our guess win the bet.

I wonder how will it be any useful afterall as season progress, more points will be lost due to swapping the best show out & not to forget swap is wasted.

Another way we can win Ace 2 is when the best show of one week is outperformed by another anime in some other week. Sadly that rarely happens as Top anime usually retains its position after Week 2 or 3 till end of season.

Fortunately, i chose to not ace anything on week 2.

Though it's kind of a headache deciding whether to swap & ace or not, like you mentioned. Did some calculation (point trajectory with spreadsheet), acing an anime with 2nd most points does give more points than what is lost by swapping the best anime (gain 75k, lose 20-40k) although yes it would be a risky move considering we want the best selections for week 13 (final week) and it might require some prior swapping.

I wish we had more swaps. From what i see so far i personally can only safely ace ~3/5 anime this season, although it can be less or more depending on the titles you chose.

My current rank makes me sad lol. Those who aced on week 2 made delicious jumps through the ranks.
XavionJul 17, 2023 4:54 AM

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

214 by Veredus »»
3 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by Jeniferu4edy »»
12 hours ago

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.