Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 16, 2023 6:18 PM

May 2016
How good is the tv series compared to the anime? Will I miss anything if I watched the movie instead of the TV Series?
Jan 16, 2023 6:55 PM
Jul 2021
Movie is just a recap, watch series is better
Jan 17, 2023 2:21 AM

Oct 2015
The movie is not a compilation, it is an alternate version that differs from the TV series.
Watch the TV series to fully understand the movie.

In all Macross movies (SDF, Frontier, Delta), none of them are compilations, they are different from the original TV series, especially with the second halves of Frontier and Delta.

@TheMechaManiac can probably give a better explanation for you. I am a SDF Macross fan, not a Macross Delta fan.
Jan 17, 2023 6:23 AM
Jun 2021
@NewestPersonHere told ya right, the Macross movies are NOT compilations. You still need to watch the TV show first as the movies won't exactly bother explaining who's who. Second movie also diverges heavily from the series (to the point it's practically a sequel), and it has a lot of callbacks towards previous shows all the way back to SDF.

Overall, I applaud your effort for getting into mecha, but start with the SDF show instead, please. The later entries really are more rewarding to watch if you experienced all of Macross beforehand. I know, sounds daunting, and your list isn't particularly favorable towards old anime, but nonetheless it's worth experiencing it.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Jan 18, 2023 8:21 PM

Dec 2015
Macross Frontier movies it's another anime, so much difference in all aspects, I hated Delta in 2016 and only now 2023 I'll watch the movies, I hope that they could have the same thing on this work.
Nov 8, 2023 9:28 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to TheMechaManiac
@NewestPersonHere told ya right, the Macross movies are NOT compilations. You still need to watch the TV show first as the movies won't exactly bother explaining who's who. Second movie also diverges heavily from the series (to the point it's practically a sequel), and it has a lot of callbacks towards previous shows all the way back to SDF.

Overall, I applaud your effort for getting into mecha, but start with the SDF show instead, please. The later entries really are more rewarding to watch if you experienced all of Macross beforehand. I know, sounds daunting, and your list isn't particularly favorable towards old anime, but nonetheless it's worth experiencing it.
TheMechaManiac said:
Overall, I applaud your effort for getting into mecha, but start with the SDF show instead, please.

No way. The episodes I've seen of that show are trash.
その目だれの目?
Nov 8, 2023 10:36 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Lucifrost
TheMechaManiac said:
Overall, I applaud your effort for getting into mecha, but start with the SDF show instead, please.

No way. The episodes I've seen of that show are trash.
@Lucifrost Stay filtered. I think you really miss a lot if you don't understand some of the callbacks to previous shows.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Feb 18, 1:10 AM
Mar 2016
when I watch tv and movies of Macross Frontier. I noticed these comes to mind.
In Macross Frontier TV following Ranka Lee route. Ranka Lee is the center star of the TV.
Macross Frontier movies follow Sheryl Nome route. Sheryl Nome show more screen of Ranka Lee.

Somewhat I felt like similar to Fate Stay Night have multiple route.
Feb 18, 8:08 AM

May 2016
Reply to KinjiKido
when I watch tv and movies of Macross Frontier. I noticed these comes to mind.
In Macross Frontier TV following Ranka Lee route. Ranka Lee is the center star of the TV.
Macross Frontier movies follow Sheryl Nome route. Sheryl Nome show more screen of Ranka Lee.

Somewhat I felt like similar to Fate Stay Night have multiple route.
@KinjiKido That’s an interesting perspective. I haven’t thought about that it like that
Mar 16, 4:21 AM
Mar 2024
Hi everyone,

Comparing the TV series to the anime is like choosing between using Castle for PC or another software for security. While the movie may offer a condensed version of the storyline, opting for the TV series provides a deeper dive into character development and plot intricacies. You might miss out on the nuances and subplots that enrich the overall experience of the narrative if you solely rely on the movie. So, it's akin to opting for a comprehensive security suite like Castle for PC over a basic antivirus—it's about getting the full breadth of features and depth of protection.

Bundle of Thanks.
donnaschererMar 20, 4:14 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2015

447 by Zekkenshin »»
Jan 1, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

246 by AdrianShephardt »»
Mar 7, 2023 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

35 by SilverCrono »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:10 AM

» Macross Delta underrated? ( 1 2 )

SaltyShoebill - Apr 26, 2016

66 by procion »»
Aug 31, 2022 12:51 AM

» Would this be appealing to someone who watched Macross Frontier only and loved it?

kUshPandA_ENJOi - Oct 9, 2017

7 by procion »»
Aug 31, 2022 12:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.