Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 17, 2022 4:31 PM

May 2019
Right now it has been 2 years in the arc begined after chapter 202.

The Sealed Enviroment Phase Arc, or, for me, The Big Brother WT Arc, lol.

I would sumarize like this:

- CONS:
- Slow paced like a frozen hell. Actually, phenomenally the slowest story arc of all shonen ever, and still being 100% shonen.

- Too much characters sharing screentime at the same time. It's tiring for remembering who is who all the time.

- PROS
- Thanks to the slow pace, a plot detailed like hell. A real manga big brother (with brains) experiment in the context of a huge HRM group dynamics lol.

- Too much characters... being well developed at the same time. Around 70 characters with fair screentime. Crazy thing, i've never see something like this. This author is a methodical monster.

- characters who usually do their fights like in a game actually playing a video game. Kinda original, and the plot being methodically devenloped around this already said Human Resources's Dynamics for Selection, with tests, cross evaluation and all the hell the newly graduates fear like death while seeking for their first paycheck.

I can understand the audience eventually giving up on this manga at this point where the genius author throws it all away to pursue his love of being an HR management expert on his mind.

But even if i really hope to see the climax of this manga in the end of the Away Mission in Aftokrator, with relatives being hopefully rescued, Kido's past being revealed, unavoidable deaths and sorrow and reaction and vengeance... all this before the mangaka's health unfortunatelly interrupt this saga in the next 10-15 years (man, it was TWO YEARS showing us a test of 7 days and we are still in the 3rd lol)...
...i still don't condemn this arc, for its unique and well-executed characteristics, in line with what attracts me to WT in general.

What do you think?
Mar 18, 2023 12:11 AM
Apr 2016
The current arc has been going on for far, far too long. Agree with the cons. I've lost all interest, I don't believe I have the patience to wait another 2 years for them to complete training. Dropped.

P.S. Might binge through it once the mangaka gets back on track and finishes this series in a decade or two /s

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 239 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 1

14 by StregAnna77 »»
Mar 26, 8:54 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 240 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 3

2 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

» Despair

Magical_Bananana - Feb 1

7 by Magical_Bananana »»
Feb 8, 5:31 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 238 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 3, 2023

5 by StregAnna77 »»
Nov 23, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 237 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 3, 2023

3 by ricksed »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.