1. Yorknew City
  2. Zoldyk Family
  3. Hunter Exam
  4. Election
  5. Heavens Arena
  6. Chimera Ant
  7. Greed Island

What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Dec 23, 2022 11:03 PM

May 2015
Chimera Ant is not only the best HxH arc, but probably the best arc in anime.
Dec 24, 2022 5:58 PM
Jun 2016
For me the chimera arc was my least favourite, went on way too long . Green island was very underrated.
Jun 8, 2023 1:42 PM
Apr 2022
Gonna start it soon!!!
Jun 10, 2023 9:02 AM
Oct 2022
ThePrinceOfAcid said:
Chimera Ant & Phantom Troupe Arc's are easily the best arcs in the anime!

But if I had to choose one? It would have to be Chimera Ant arc... just for Adult Gon alone.
Volle Zustimmung
Jun 10, 2023 10:26 AM
Apr 2021
FiviG said:
Chimera Arc felt forced in terms of its power scaling.

Which matters for a show about training.
chimera ant arc does a fantastic job about it's power "scaling" because it's not just a dragon ball arc with a strong villain that can't be beaten and the protagonist gets a new power up or everyone counts on the protagonist, it's an arc that shows you: "this shit is real and it will have consequences and there will be no shit messing it up" amazing just amazing
Jun 10, 2023 11:02 AM
Apr 2016
pataggouro said:
FiviG said:
Chimera Arc felt forced in terms of its power scaling.

Which matters for a show about training.
chimera ant arc does a fantastic job about it's power "scaling" because it's not just a dragon ball arc with a strong villain that can't be beaten and the protagonist gets a new power up or everyone counts on the protagonist, it's an arc that shows you: "this shit is real and it will have consequences and there will be no shit messing it up" amazing just amazing

no. it's a good arc fersure, but the jump felt a little ridiculous especially considering that it takes time to train your powers. Like that was the whole point of the show. And then out of nowhere we got godlike insects that were just born like 2 weeks ago, straight up killing experts who have been perfecting their craft for years.... like the suspension of disbelief is too high. All that needed to happen was a different justification to make the scaling feel more real. I did like the arc but i was always a little averse to it compared to everything else, even the pacing was off. Then again one my favorite arcs was Heaven's Arena, so you can see where my priorities lie: consistent world building through the exploration of powers. imo the best thing about ant arc to me was chess, the nuke, Gon snapping and i guess the existentialness of it all.
Jun 11, 2023 12:09 AM
Apr 2021
FiviG said:
pataggouro said:

no. it's a good arc fersure, but the jump felt a little ridiculous especially considering that it takes time to train your powers. Like that was the whole point of the show. And then out of nowhere we got godlike insects that were just born like 2 weeks ago, straight up killing experts who have been perfecting their craft for years.... like the suspension of disbelief is too high. All that needed to happen was a different justification to make the scaling feel more real. I did like the arc but i was always a little averse to it compared to everything else, even the pacing was off. Then again one my favorite arcs was Heaven's Arena, so you can see where my priorities lie: consistent world building through the exploration of powers. imo the best thing about ant arc to me was chess, the nuke, Gon snapping and i guess the existentialness of it all.
agree about the stuff you like about it and respect
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kefkiroth - Nov 5, 2011

185 by Nerdason »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Keiz - Oct 29, 2011

172 by Nerdason »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fishergirl16 - Oct 22, 2011

165 by Nerdason »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

fishergirl16 - Oct 15, 2011

214 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

136 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.