Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 1, 2022 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
i dropped it iin episode 8, what are your opinions on the show now that everybody had some time to think over about it?
Dec 1, 2022 9:31 AM
Sep 2020
The production quality wasn't all that good and the whole dream arc should have been put few seasons deep instead of the very first thing they tackle as a team. Plus, according to fans of the original, it messed up adaptation. I didn't hate it, but I consider it to be far from must watch
Dec 1, 2022 10:07 AM
Nov 2020
As someone who watched the original, the story shouldn’t have exactly been tied to main story of the original (as a untold side story), but should have been treated fully as a spinoff.

The story had its moments were it was enjoyable, it did bring some nostalgia from the original Vol 1-3 which were enjoyable (written by Monty Oum, before he died). The series was more of a honor to Monty, because of him trying original get RWBY to be an anime when it first started out.

The animation had its ups and downs, but it was explained that IQ was animated in 2020 during COVID. It was good to see it actually have a anime adaptation even though it was a side story, even though the original animation is very nostalgic and better in my opinion.

In my opinion, it still has a better story than Vol 4-7 of the original. If anybody is interested I would recommend them to watch the original RWBY vol 1-3, the animation isn’t the cleanest: but the choreography, Music, Fights, and story is good.
Dec 1, 2022 10:21 AM

Jul 2015
Rooster Teeth is a shit company, that did absolutely nothing to promote it.

Dec 1, 2022 10:56 AM
Nov 2016
As a RWBY fan, this anime was a downgrade in everything, including the story which I didn't like and found extremely boring. That boring dream arc needed to happen later and not this soon or at least have that boring dream arc lasting 2-3 episodes at best and focus on more interesting things but nope, the boring dream arc took the whole season and to make it worse, the animation was shit too so that was simply adding fuel to the fire I already had with this anime.

The only things I enjoyed from this anime are the last 2 episodes and nothing else, the rest of the episodes are pretty shitty and of course, I didn't like the first 3 episodes either since they were rushing it a lot, they basically crammed the 1st volume of RWBY in the first 3 episodes, meh.

If you are going to rush it like this then it's better if you simply invent a new story from the beginning which they did btw, they indeed gave us a new story in episodes 4 and up but the story was pretty shitty and had shitty animation so meh.
Dec 1, 2022 4:35 PM
Apr 2019
I knew nothing about it going into it. Had high hopes after the first two eps or so, but the the rest of the season was just the same episode over and over again, got very boring
Dec 1, 2022 4:41 PM
Sep 2021
In my opinion,

1. This anime has a very slow pace and make it boring. I feel like when Ruby enter Weiss's it should end in like 2~3 episodes.
Dec 1, 2022 9:46 PM
Apr 2022
I haven't watch the original series, but I found the anime version's pacing is way too slow.
Dec 1, 2022 10:14 PM

May 2021
They rushed the introductory episodes due to which the people who hadn't watched the OG weren't very invested in the characters. And after the first three episodes, the plot was on some sort of loop with them constantly trying to infiltrate and get rid of the Grimm. Definitely made things boring for many people.

Dec 1, 2022 10:45 PM

Mar 2018
RWBY just isn’t very good in the first place, and this is just worse. The parts they adapt from the original series isn’t done very well, and the new stuffs not too good either.
Dec 2, 2022 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
I honestly rlly like rwby ,but this flopped bcuz of the Weiss arc which took like 7ep. I have no hate against Weiss, but she's not that important
Dec 2, 2022 7:32 AM
Jan 2022
Pain to watch to say the least,only watched it cuz i dont drop anime
Dec 2, 2022 7:41 PM
Jul 2022
The dream was a plot device for nonsensical shenanigans and resolutions. The resolution was ultimately simple, which reinforces the feeling that the whole dream world was dragged out too long
Dec 3, 2022 5:01 AM

Apr 2016
They somehow made Volume 1 even worse after 1 & 1/2 episodes, and then the big Weiss character development arc they built up to amounted to nothing more than a useless filler arc that accomplished virtually nothing. The finale did more work than the 11 episodes leading up to it, and it looks like shit. A few good cuts here and there can't really salvage that, plus none of the characters really feel like how they were in the Beacon days, back when RWBY had some fun and life to it. It actually would have been better and more popular if it was just a collection of side stories featuring Team RWBY and the other Beacon students we mostly haven't seen since the end of V3.
CodeBlazeFateDec 3, 2022 5:04 AM
Dec 24, 2022 11:06 AM
Dec 2018
It flopped cause normal anime watchers don't care about RWBY, and RWBY fans believe in 3DCG and whatever the lore and story of RWBY is. Also the story felt a bit repetitive and boring to me. The animators did the best they could, but still some of the episodes were outsourced to Yokohama Animation Lab, which isn't known for animation excellency. If I was a RWBY fan, I might have liked it. But it was too plain for me to care about. It was like watching Matrix but without the cool action. It probably won't get another season, or as a matter of fact, any project at all since RWBY is doomed and this was the last nail on its coffin. Shaft as a studio has shrinked in fast few years so it's hard for them to do it all by themselves. Hopefully the new studio and hiring solves the issue.

I'll definitely give try to Bluray, which is postponed to July. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24, 2022

51 by Pingl0sek »»
Nov 26, 2023 12:00 PM

» Which will happen first

Tank895 - Aug 26, 2023

14 by PinkRawChicken »»
Aug 30, 2023 9:43 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24, 2022

104 by MABEL_APPLE »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:29 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 21, 2022

40 by kitsune0 »»
Feb 25, 2023 12:22 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 18, 2022

81 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Feb 24, 2023 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.