Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2022 9:47 AM

May 2022
Although this option isn't used a lot there still are people that collect anime on physical mediums. Since there is an option to select what exact medium you own it is pretty disappointing to see that there are barely any options:

I understand that dvd, bluray and vhs are the formats that will most likely be chosen however there still should be an option to choose the lesser used formats.
I would gladly ask you to add:
Laserdisc
Betamax
Video2000
Video8
VHD
8mm film
Tape video
DV
U-matic
Betacam
(im guessing that these are the ones to most likely contain anime on them though there are more formats that i haven't listed)

and to split DVD / CD into DVD and VCD since just "CD" is read as CDDA which is Compact Disc Digital Audio and that is not a video format so VideoCD is the one that should be there. (Video CD and CD Video is not the same format however i really don't think that any anime was released on CDV)

Thanks for reading and hopefully it will be changed soon because many people can't really sort their shows correctly.
KINIRO MOSAIC FOREVER
Oct 6, 2022 5:02 AM
May 2019
You have only 3 anime with storage, it's not your sorting criteria
Oct 6, 2022 5:41 AM

May 2022
RAVAGE777 said:
You have only 3 anime with storage, it's not your sorting criteria

First of all: you seem to have problems with understanding sentences
Second of all: damn bro i didn't know that 8 and 3 is the same thing
KINIRO MOSAIC FOREVER
Oct 6, 2022 10:25 AM
May 2019
understanding sentences to seem with First problems understanding you all: have seem you with all: of to First of problems have sentences

Seconf of everythine that i bro damn is all: 3 of Second know thing didn't 8 same the and

Oct 6, 2022 11:04 AM

May 2022
RAVAGE777 said:
understanding sentences to seem with First problems understanding you all: have seem you with all: of to First of problems have sentences

Seconf of everythine that i bro damn is all: 3 of Second know thing didn't 8 same the and

+ 3 that are in tags because guess what... there is no fucking laserdisc that i could select and this is the only reason why this thread exists

i still don't get why you are acting like i am the only person that has ever used storage so only i must have had that problem and surely no one was ever in a similar situation
KINIRO MOSAIC FOREVER
Jan 25, 1:25 PM
Occultic;Loli

Jun 2013
I would like to bump this, and also suggest adding media servers such as plex or jellyfin to the list of storage methods.

While an argument could be made that "External hard drive" or "NAS" are sufficient for this purpose, I would personally prefer more explicit options without having to resort to tags (as I'm afraid they're cluttered enough as-is for a number of entries on my list). An alternative suggestion to consolidate this could be a more generic "Media Server".

I would also like to suggest a "Other" option, to indicate it is stored somewhere but not in a format that perfectly fits one of the current dropdown options.
LightArrowsEXEJan 25, 1:34 PM
Jan 25, 1:28 PM

May 2022
Reply to LightArrowsEXE
I would like to bump this, and also suggest adding media servers such as plex or jellyfin to the list of storage methods.

While an argument could be made that "External hard drive" or "NAS" are sufficient for this purpose, I would personally prefer more explicit options without having to resort to tags (as I'm afraid they're cluttered enough as-is for a number of entries on my list). An alternative suggestion to consolidate this could be a more generic "Media Server".

I would also like to suggest a "Other" option, to indicate it is stored somewhere but not in a format that perfectly fits one of the current dropdown options.
@LightArrowsEXE thank you for bumping. by the way it could be a nice thing to simply let you add custom sources in specific cases like obscure or weird storages and this would solve pretty much everyones problems in this topic
KINIRO MOSAIC FOREVER
Jan 25, 1:33 PM
Occultic;Loli

Jun 2013
Reply to D_D_DJ
@LightArrowsEXE thank you for bumping. by the way it could be a nice thing to simply let you add custom sources in specific cases like obscure or weird storages and this would solve pretty much everyones problems in this topic
I would agree, however this may add additional development time better suited to other, higher-priority tasks, as opposed to simply adding a handful more preset options to a dropdown list (assuming the database has no constraints that would make this a hassle). Should it be trivial to make it a custom field instead, I would absolutely be in favour of that as well!
Jan 25, 5:31 PM

Jun 2016
The ability to add multiple sources would be nice. I have Slayers on LD, VHS, and DVD.

Also the only anime released on CDV that I know of was Patlabor contact 1 and 2. It was a really interesting but short lived format.
Feb 1, 10:09 AM

May 2022
Reply to MrYujufudan
The ability to add multiple sources would be nice. I have Slayers on LD, VHS, and DVD.

Also the only anime released on CDV that I know of was Patlabor contact 1 and 2. It was a really interesting but short lived format.
@MrYujufudan it certainly was interesting but the quality was terrible. dvd quality is already questionable depending on your hardware. there also was somewhat more acceptable svcd but it doesnt change the fact that correctly recorded tapes looked better than these (unlike cost cuz tapes are obv more expensive than cds)
KINIRO MOSAIC FOREVER
Feb 1, 3:31 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to D_D_DJ
@MrYujufudan it certainly was interesting but the quality was terrible. dvd quality is already questionable depending on your hardware. there also was somewhat more acceptable svcd but it doesnt change the fact that correctly recorded tapes looked better than these (unlike cost cuz tapes are obv more expensive than cds)
@D_D_DJ I had no idea there was a successor to VCD. Yet another storage format that needs adding.

More topics from this board

» An "Anime Franchise" page

_cjessop19_ - 6 hours ago

0 by _cjessop19_ »»
6 hours ago

» Combining every season of an Anime?

Dennisss - Apr 1, 2021

17 by _cjessop19_ »»
6 hours ago

» Add the option to change profile favorites pictures

k1rb - Oct 21, 2022

19 by k1rb »»
Yesterday, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.