Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Was Annie forgiven to easily?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 25, 2022 12:48 AM
Oct 2017
youre reaching with the reiner thing, even if she killed armin someone else like erwin would've eaten berthold
Sep 25, 2022 1:02 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Nope,

with Paradis people inflicted some destruction and killed many people as well in Marley before, and there is this crazy edgy dude with godlike power is trying to wipe out all nations outside Paradis. I don't think what Annie has done matters anymore.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 25, 2022 1:40 AM

Feb 2021
dark_knight107 said:
PikaboyTK said:

That probably has to do with "protagonist love" or something. I mean, Eren is still the main guy. So people who like Eren are just supporting whatever shit he's doing, even large scale genocide. Anyone against Eren, like the Alliance, are seen as stupid I guess, for not understanding "the reason".

Yeah I agree with you but all those people who are blindly supporting Eren's actions just because he is the mc have clearly misinterpreted the author's message of why genocide is evil. I absolutely love Eren but I don't support his actions. He is basically doing it to achieve the false image of freedom which he created in his mind and the world which he had imagined outside the walls after taking a look at Armin's book. The author himself has said on multiple occasions through many characters about Eren's unjust and selfish actions and most fail to understand this. But, tbh they were necessary to the plot since that involves the theme and message of his character.

Absolutely agree with you. People supporting Eren's intentions are basically going against what the author had intended. Eren is a good character, since he's basically portraying what becomes of a person who is made to blindly follow certain ideals. He believes that his actions are justified and fails to see other people's point of view. Eren is kinda like a certain someone from real life history, and we all know who. A man making hell for others and calling his actions to be justified since he once too was oppressed.

I like that the story has created a dilemma, where no one party is right. Every side has committed horrible atrocities. You can't say that one side is better than the other. But we do know that genocide is the worst thing imaginable. Yet some people among the audience blindly support it. This baffles me tbh.
Sep 25, 2022 2:24 AM
Sep 2022
Neo2425 said:
ichikasolos said:

If its a masterpiece there should be basically no flaws and if so very minor ones.

Rlly. Tell me some animes u consider masterpiece and I’ll tell u bunch of flaws.

Bro he was joking...
Sep 25, 2022 2:25 AM
Sep 2022
Razrop said:
MunkeeMan said:
No there is nothing wrong with this masterpiece 🤓

this ain't masterpiece nor even close to it.....go check out other anime.....
She killed most of the people inside the wall and our anti-Eren squad just forgives her.......

Bro it was obviously a joke.
Sep 25, 2022 2:28 AM
May 2022
It didn’t bother me that much, but it still seems a bit off how she got forgiven so quick after killing so many scouts AND Marco.
Sep 25, 2022 2:30 AM
Sep 2022
MunkeeMan said:
Neo2425 said:

It can be a masterpiece and still have flaws. Nothing in this world is perfect.

I was joking. I think S4 Part 2 was a huge disappointment.

Damn. And i defended you as well..
Sep 25, 2022 2:31 AM
Aug 2021
ichikasolos said:
Neo2425 said:

Rlly. Tell me some animes u consider masterpiece and I’ll tell u bunch of flaws.

This is difficult but i’ll list some shows but this may be biased, Owarimonogatari S2, Mob Psycho S2, Steins Gate and the Classroom of the Elite light novel Y1 and Y2, also Attack on Titan S3 P2.

your opinion mattered untill you classified cote as a masterpiece.
Sep 25, 2022 2:33 AM
Sep 2022
Saving this post and 15 character limit
Sep 25, 2022 3:28 AM

Dec 2021
The_Grandmaster said:
Razrop said:

this ain't masterpiece nor even close to it.....go check out other anime.....
She killed most of the people inside the wall and our anti-Eren squad just forgives her.......

Bro it was obviously a joke.
Doesn't seems like that.......

Sep 25, 2022 3:45 AM

Feb 2021
One of the reasons that AOT is so horrible. Levi literally didn’t care that she joined them when she literally slaughtered his entire squad and his future wife.
Sep 25, 2022 3:46 AM

Feb 2021
Neo2425 said:
ichikasolos said:

If its a masterpiece there should be basically no flaws and if so very minor ones.

LotGH, umineko (the manga)
Sep 25, 2022 3:49 AM

Feb 2021
ichikasolos said:
Neo2425 said:

This is difficult but i’ll list some shows but this may be biased, Owarimonogatari S2, Mob Psycho S2, Steins Gate and the Classroom of the Elite light novel Y1 and Y2, also Attack on Titan S3 P2.

Owari 2 amazing , there are (very very minor) problems with the first 2 arcs but Ougi dark is flawless. Steins gate the first half was boring and poorly done. Could have been shorter or structured differently. COT I heard amazing things about it but Y2 was underwhelming to my understanding.
Sep 25, 2022 3:56 AM
Apr 2020
Neo2425 said:
I have such a problem with how Annie was forgiven. She basically killed a bunch of scouts, killed Levi squad, and not only she killed them, she played around with them like fidget spinners. Also she not only was to easily forgiven by the scouts, she was too easily forgiven by Reiner. So Annie doesn’t kill Armin who then ends up devouring Berthodlt and Reiner has no problem with her not going with the mission?

Well I think you should use better words.. She wasn't forgiven, nor was Reiner and Jean literally said it
But in the end it was neither of their choice to have a proper discussion except for night of the end episode, so yeah Levi never forgave her for slaughtering his squad, he clearly wasn't comfortable with her being in his side..

Pride episode had the only flaw in the show, the reunion with Annie and the pie scene was rushed and bad indeed, but at least Armin and Annie will be having another proper dialogue in part 3 that redeemed that one mistake from Isayama
Sep 25, 2022 4:06 AM
May 2020
They wouldn’t have forgiven her prior to the war with Marley. It came to the point where they understood why she did what she did and they also realised they’ve done the exact same thing themselves against who they perceive as the enemy. It’s just war.

Same reason why a lot of people in ww2 don’t hold personal grudges against who they fought against. Or that in ww1 at Christmas they played football in no man’s land.

It’s just war and it’s not personal. Not that it’s nice in any way, but when you have the opportunity to do some good, they won’t throw that away over being petty.

Essentially they understood why she did what she did and they had to work together for a common goal.
Sep 25, 2022 4:07 AM
Feb 2021
I mean to be fair they didn’t really have much room to argue considering eren was literally trying to destroy the world. I do agree that there should’ve at least been a scene acknowledging what Annie did, they act like it never happened
Sep 25, 2022 4:19 AM
Nov 2021
The_Grandmaster said:
MunkeeMan said:

I was joking. I think S4 Part 2 was a huge disappointment.

Damn. And i defended you as well..

💀fighting the good fight
Sep 25, 2022 5:34 AM
Sep 2022
Gaddammitkyle said:
it's a case of "bigger things to worry about". What Eren is about to do is far more worrisome than what Annie has done, plus most of the main cast didnt witness Levi Squad dying first hand, just Levi and Eren.

finally someone pointed it out
people just go out of their way to criticize aot
I mean isn't it obvious?
Sep 25, 2022 5:35 AM
Sep 2022
ichikasolos said:
Neo2425 said:

classroom of the elite ?
you consider it masterpiece?
Sep 25, 2022 6:16 AM
Mar 2022
SystemEight said:
Eren and the gang didn't really hate Annie for her betrayal did they? They just felt really sad (because she is their friend and classmate) and Eren became pissed later on. Even when Annie was frozen Armin still visited her whereas Reiner and Bertholdt got hate because they are the ones who killed Eren's mom and caused the whole ruckus.
So, it makes sense that they forgave her sooner and they already overcame the deaths of their comrades so they didn't really feel that angry for killing the scouts and the Levi squad. She was seen more like someone forced in Reiner's scheme.

They were incredibly mad visibly. It was mix emotions of betrayal, sadness and anger.
Neo2425
Sep 25, 2022 6:17 AM
Mar 2022
MysticGekkougaZ said:
Shouldn't you discuss this in the later season forums?

This happened in season 1 so
Neo2425
Sep 25, 2022 6:17 AM
Nov 2020
INSANELYWP said:
time heals all wounds. probably didn’t affect them as much years after it happened. also they had a common enemy so they sorted out their differences

This is the best answer. Everyone forgot she was trapped in a crystal for 4 years
Sep 25, 2022 6:18 AM
Mar 2022
INSANELYWP said:
time heals all wounds. probably didn’t affect them as much years after it happened. also they had a common enemy so they sorted out their differences

Well why does rehire get so much stick then lol.
Neo2425
Sep 25, 2022 6:19 AM
Mar 2022
kxlel02 said:
i don’t know that she was forgiven. i think the whole point of attack on titan is that no one is necessarily the bad guy and no one is necessarily the hero. the people who are painted as heroes are indeed not heroes (Ex.eren). and the people painted as villains are indeed not villains (Ex. Reiner). So when it comes the the alliance formed against eren during the rumbling, i think annie was more accepted for her power and what she could contribute rather than them forgiving her for everything that she’s done. the campfire episode went over this all very clearly.

so i can see how you may say she was forgiven too easily but if you look at it from that perspective, i don’t think they forgave her at all (except maybe armin) but rather they realized they’re all people who have made mistakes and killed others and in that moment they needed her help to fight the big problem and that was more important than personal feelings.

It’s not even that she was forgiven to easily, it’s that they tried to show that the three Reiner, Berthodlt and Annie had no choice and then there’s Annie okaying around with the scouts like some fidget spinners.
Neo2425
Sep 25, 2022 6:20 AM
Mar 2022
Gaddammitkyle said:
it's a case of "bigger things to worry about". What Eren is about to do is far more worrisome than what Annie has done, plus most of the main cast didnt witness Levi Squad dying first hand, just Levi and Eren.

Yes what Eren has done is worse but that makes what Annie did all forgiven? Also Annie played with scouts like some fidget spinners
Neo2425
Sep 25, 2022 6:21 AM
Feb 2019
Razrop said:
dylpickles said:

They forgave everyone else too so why not her, plus she had reasons from her perspective to justify her actions

yes .....and that's the reason SNK is not a masterpiece nor near to being masterpiece

You don’t have to think it’s a masterpiece that’s fine we can disagree, but you’re saying because she had reasons from her perspective to justify her actions, that takes away from the story? just like most characters in the story on both sides, there were reasons why they act the way they did. They learned the truth of the world way before Annie unhardened, and were in completely different circumstances. It would make less sense if they didn’t forgive after being buddy buddy with the rest of their enemies
Sep 25, 2022 6:23 AM
Feb 2019
dark_knight107 said:
dylpickles said:

They forgave everyone else too so why not her, plus she had reasons from her perspective to justify her actions

Literally every Marleyan individual in the alliance had their reasons to stop Eren aside from their crimes. Most overlook the fact that Annie and Reiner were literally kids when they broke the wall on that day and they were brainwashed into believing that every island devil is evil by Marley. Same applies for Gabi. Falco and Pieck seemed like the only smart ones who got the jist of the situation around them. And, I seriously don't get how people hate this.

you are correct, and I agree it’s such an interesting dynamic
Sep 25, 2022 6:44 AM

Feb 2021
itsrj20 said:
Neo2425 said:

Fmab exist, the best flawless show, "almost" to none.
Then there's monster, too.

And redo of ... Jk :⁠-⁠!

Fmab is not flawless, to much plot conveniences and plot devices. As much as I love monster it suffers from pacing issues from eps 10-20, also the show has a couple of plot conveniences as well.
Sep 25, 2022 7:18 AM

Dec 2021
dylpickles said:
Razrop said:

yes .....and that's the reason SNK is not a masterpiece nor near to being masterpiece

You don’t have to think it’s a masterpiece that’s fine we can disagree, but you’re saying because she had reasons from her perspective to justify her actions, that takes away from the story? just like most characters in the story on both sides, there were reasons why they act the way they did. They learned the truth of the world way before Annie unhardened, and were in completely different circumstances. It would make less sense if they didn’t forgive after being buddy buddy with the rest of their enemies

that's why not close to being masterpiece......

Sep 25, 2022 7:23 AM
Feb 2019
Razrop said:
dylpickles said:

no that’s why you’re not a masterpiece
Sep 25, 2022 7:33 AM

Dec 2021
dylpickles said:
Razrop said:

i didn't even mentioned myself being masterpiece in any quote......
that's why you need to watch other anime instead of thinking SNK being best.....

Sep 25, 2022 7:42 AM
Jan 2022
She's one of my favourite characters but yeah it felt like she just got a slap on the wrist. Reiner basically became everyone's punching bag and all the other characters were going through some intense turmoil. Annie was out here basically evading capture by purposely crystallising herself and even got regular visits from Armin/Hitch. Also didn't like how the scout characters were comforting her so much like...whyyy
Sep 25, 2022 7:50 AM
Nov 2021
Annie was forgiven too easily however with the rumbling happening they needed whoever they could get to help stop eren.
Sep 25, 2022 7:57 AM
Feb 2019
Razrop said:
dylpickles said:

that's why you need to watch other anime instead of thinking SNK being best.....

Lol I perceived you as a troll so I responded as such. I gave actual logic as to why it DOESN’T take away from the show, and you haven’t given me any logical response as to how it does. you just saying and that’s exactly why it’s not a masterpiece makes literally no sense . I’ve seen plenty of great anime and aot is absolutely amongst the very best I’ve seen
Sep 25, 2022 8:14 AM

Jan 2021
Yes and I think everyone should agree on this. Annie didn't even get a slap on the wrist, literally no one cared. Product of bad writing and the author not caring about certain plot points too much COUGH HISTORIA. SNK is still goated tho.
Sep 25, 2022 8:23 AM
Aug 2021
elderonn said:
ichikasolos said:

Owari 2 amazing , there are (very very minor) problems with the first 2 arcs but Ougi dark is flawless. Steins gate the first half was boring and poorly done. Could have been shorter or structured differently. COT I heard amazing things about it but Y2 was underwhelming to my understanding.

I assure you Y2 was not underwhelming and I can say it’s been better than Y1 so far.
Sep 25, 2022 8:24 AM
Aug 2021
LIVI___ said:
ichikasolos said:

Talking about the light novel.
Sep 25, 2022 8:25 AM
Aug 2021
Footed7 said:
ichikasolos said:

Cmon man classroom of the elite is not a masterpiece

Yes it is, the light novel to be specific.
Sep 25, 2022 9:54 AM
Aug 2021
ichikasolos said:
LIVI___ said:

Even the light novel isn't any kind of masterpiece. The protagonist is edgy asf
Sep 25, 2022 10:04 AM

Dec 2021
dylpickles said:
Razrop said:

Lol I perceived you as a troll so I responded as such. I gave actual logic as to why it DOESN’T take away from the show, and you haven’t given me any logical response as to how it does. you just saying and that’s exactly why it’s not a masterpiece makes literally no sense . I’ve seen plenty of great anime and aot is absolutely amongst the very best I’ve seen

i don't wanna give or share my opinion about this anime....... (coz i really hate SNK)tbh i was once a great fan of this series but after the completion of the manga I'm very dissatisfied....... (now please Don't ask why i really don't like explaining things)

Sep 25, 2022 10:07 AM
Jan 2022
Way too fucking easily, I do get they need the numbers to fight the soldiers, but DAMNNN, it’s like everyone simply forgot she killed a bunch of their comrades. No one was even mad at her like how Jean was mad at Reiner, NOT EVEN LEVI, AND SHE KILLED HIS WHOLE FUCKING TEAM!!! Honestly VERY bad writing on that part.
Sep 25, 2022 10:17 AM
Aug 2021
Annie's kinda pretty
Sep 25, 2022 10:46 AM
Feb 2022
ichikasolos said:
Neo2425 said:

Classroom of the elite is just a 13 yr old's drama fantasy.
Sep 25, 2022 1:58 PM
Apr 2021
Didnt felt like it, only due to the circunstances tho, the same way they teamed up with the enemy that killed their friends, they need everything they can to stop global genocide
Sep 25, 2022 2:55 PM
Aug 2021
LIVI___ said:
ichikasolos said:

Even the light novel isn't any kind of masterpiece. The protagonist is edgy asf

Shows you don’t know about the light novel.
Sep 26, 2022 9:21 AM
Aug 2021
I frankly don’t recall her being forgiven. Anime only, having finished S4P2, just because our goals partly align doesn’t mean you are absolved.

It’s the same reason Reiner and Magath helped. They weren’t necessarily forgiven— but the goals aligned, and currently? Aid is aid.
Sep 26, 2022 10:35 AM

Jul 2020
It's not that they've forgiven or not forgiven. It's just that so many more crazier things are happening and much more bigger things than the Female titan incident that they just don't care about it. Plus, it's not like the main cast were innocent by the time Annie revived. They've also killed a fair share of people in Marley. So it wouldn't really make sense for them to get angry.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 26, 2022 11:54 AM
Jun 2021
As magath and shadis said. They were just kids pushed to do unspeakable thing in the name of war. I don't think she was forgiven too easily. She just did what she was told and with the knowledge she had of the "devils" people can change.
Sep 26, 2022 12:17 PM

May 2020
all i can really tell you is the writing of aot has never been its strong point. the action, animation (during fights), and intensity if why people love this show. the characters are pretty surface level, and the plot is kinda a mess
Sep 26, 2022 2:57 PM
Jun 2022
I guess they were in a forgiving mood for some reason. Can't imagine why.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.