Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Was Annie forgiven to easily?
Sep 24, 2022 4:39 PM
Mar 2022
I have such a problem with how Annie was forgiven. She basically killed a bunch of scouts, killed Levi squad, and not only she killed them, she played around with them like fidget spinners. Also she not only was to easily forgiven by the scouts, she was too easily forgiven by Reiner. So Annie doesn’t kill Armin who then ends up devouring Berthodlt and Reiner has no problem with her not going with the mission?
Neo2425
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 24, 2022 5:43 PM
Nov 2021
No there is nothing wrong with this masterpiece 🤓
Sep 24, 2022 5:44 PM
Mar 2022
MunkeeMan said:

It can be a masterpiece and still have flaws. Nothing in this world is perfect.
Neo2425
Sep 24, 2022 5:47 PM

Dec 2021
MunkeeMan said:

this ain't masterpiece nor even close to it.....go check out other anime.....
She killed most of the people inside the wall and our anti-Eren squad just forgives her.......

Sep 24, 2022 5:53 PM
Aug 2021
Neo2425 said:
MunkeeMan said:

If its a masterpiece there should be basically no flaws and if so very minor ones.
Sep 24, 2022 5:53 PM
Mar 2022
ichikasolos said:
Neo2425 said:

If its a masterpiece there should be basically no flaws and if so very minor ones.

Rlly. Tell me some animes u consider masterpiece and I’ll tell u bunch of flaws.
Neo2425
Sep 24, 2022 5:56 PM
Aug 2021
Neo2425 said:
ichikasolos said:

Rlly. Tell me some animes u consider masterpiece and I’ll tell u bunch of flaws.

This is difficult but i’ll list some shows but this may be biased, Owarimonogatari S2, Mob Psycho S2, Steins Gate and the Classroom of the Elite light novel Y1 and Y2, also Attack on Titan S3 P2.
Sep 24, 2022 5:58 PM
Mar 2022
ichikasolos said:
Neo2425 said:

This is difficult but i’ll list some shows but this may be biased, Owarimonogatari S2, Mob Psycho S2, Steins Gate and the Classroom of the Elite light novel Y1 and Y2.

Classroom of elite? That anime is just a bunch of high schoolers doing adult things. Insane sexualization In that show.
Neo2425
Sep 24, 2022 5:58 PM
Aug 2021
Neo2425 said:
ichikasolos said:

This is difficult but i’ll list some shows but this may be biased, Owarimonogatari S2, Mob Psycho S2, Steins Gate and the Classroom of the Elite light novel Y1 and Y2.

Classroom of elite? That anime is just a bunch of high schoolers doing adult things. Insane sexualization In that show.

Bro I said light novel the anime is ok but the light novel is arguably a masterpiece, also it’s PG-13 what sexualisation?
Sep 24, 2022 5:59 PM
Mar 2022
ichikasolos said:
Neo2425 said:

Bro I said light novel the anime is ok but the light novel is arguably a masterpiece, also it’s PG-13 what sexualisation?

I never watched that anime I’m not going to judge.
Neo2425
Sep 24, 2022 6:00 PM
Aug 2021
Neo2425 said:
ichikasolos said:

I never watched that anime I’m not going to judge.

Ok if you haven’t watched any of the listed then we can just leave it at that, good day to you.
Sep 24, 2022 6:00 PM

Aug 2017
Yeah. Annie was forgiven way too easily. Moreso than Reiner.
Honestly at this point, so much shit has happened during the rumbling that no one has time to properly reprimand Annie for her actions.
Also, I don't understand what the point of that pie scene reunion was lol. It felt like a rom-com to appeal to the Annie X Armin shippers out there.

Sep 24, 2022 6:01 PM
Mar 2022
Naroomaki said:
Honestly at this point, so much shit has happened during the rumbling that no one has time to properly reprimand Annie for her actions.
Also, I don't understand what the point of that pie scene reunion was lol. It felt like a rom-com to appeal to the Annie X Armin shippers out there.

Exactly. I mean even if they forgave Annie to early I wouldn’t hv such a problem but then shipping her with armin. I mean seriously.
Neo2425
Sep 24, 2022 6:01 PM
Aug 2021
Naroomaki said:

I agree cause with Reiner they all were against it or at least didn’t like him but with Annie it’s all cool.
Sep 24, 2022 6:02 PM

Aug 2018
it's easier to forgive annie than to forgive levi

this mofo chose to save armin instead of erwin smh
Sep 24, 2022 6:03 PM
Aug 2021
Aelijah said:
it's easier to forgive annie than to forgive levi

this mofo chose to save armin instead of erwin smh

He didn’t really have that much of a choice considering Erwin himself pushed it away and everyone else other than Floch was against saving Erwin over Armin.
Sep 24, 2022 6:13 PM
Feb 2019
Razrop said:
MunkeeMan said:

She killed most of the people inside the wall and our anti-Eren squad just forgives her.......

They forgave everyone else too so why not her, plus she had reasons from her perspective to justify her actions
Sep 24, 2022 6:16 PM
Mar 2021
ichikasolos said:
Neo2425 said:

This is difficult but i’ll list some shows but this may be biased, Owarimonogatari S2, Mob Psycho S2, Steins Gate and the Classroom of the Elite light novel Y1 and Y2, also Attack on Titan S3 P2.

he asked for anime and you gave him a light novel...
Sep 24, 2022 6:17 PM

Aug 2021
Shouldn't you discuss this in the later season forums?
Sep 24, 2022 6:32 PM
Sep 2021
i guess she technically got what she deserved and the anti eren squad were in a bit of a pinch so they went along with her being on board
Sep 24, 2022 6:33 PM
Jul 2022
ichikasolos said:
Neo2425 said:

I think Masterpiece is Fullmetal Alchemist
Sep 24, 2022 6:33 PM
Aug 2021
DexterDrubo said:
ichikasolos said:

Good choice no major flaws I can think of.
Sep 24, 2022 6:36 PM
Jun 2021
time heals all wounds. probably didn’t affect them as much years after it happened. also they had a common enemy so they sorted out their differences
Sep 24, 2022 6:52 PM

Aug 2021
i don’t know that she was forgiven. i think the whole point of attack on titan is that no one is necessarily the bad guy and no one is necessarily the hero. the people who are painted as heroes are indeed not heroes (Ex.eren). and the people painted as villains are indeed not villains (Ex. Reiner). So when it comes the the alliance formed against eren during the rumbling, i think annie was more accepted for her power and what she could contribute rather than them forgiving her for everything that she’s done. the campfire episode went over this all very clearly.

so i can see how you may say she was forgiven too easily but if you look at it from that perspective, i don’t think they forgave her at all (except maybe armin) but rather they realized they’re all people who have made mistakes and killed others and in that moment they needed her help to fight the big problem and that was more important than personal feelings.
Sep 24, 2022 7:00 PM

Dec 2021
dylpickles said:
Razrop said:

They forgave everyone else too so why not her, plus she had reasons from her perspective to justify her actions

yes .....and that's the reason SNK is not a masterpiece nor near to being masterpiece

Sep 24, 2022 7:12 PM

Jul 2015
They had this talk in the latest season by the bonfire.
I guess for her destruction of everything she cared about would be enough of a punishment.
Also, they really need her Female Titan.

Sep 24, 2022 7:47 PM
Jun 2022
Eren and the gang didn't really hate Annie for her betrayal did they? They just felt really sad (because she is their friend and classmate) and Eren became pissed later on. Even when Annie was frozen Armin still visited her whereas Reiner and Bertholdt got hate because they are the ones who killed Eren's mom and caused the whole ruckus.
So, it makes sense that they forgave her sooner and they already overcame the deaths of their comrades so they didn't really feel that angry for killing the scouts and the Levi squad. She was seen more like someone forced in Reiner's scheme.
SystemEightSep 24, 2022 7:50 PM
Sep 24, 2022 7:59 PM
Feb 2022
DexterDrubo said:
ichikasolos said:

Monster (char limit). .. .
Sep 24, 2022 8:13 PM
Nov 2021
Neo2425 said:
MunkeeMan said:

I was joking. I think S4 Part 2 was a huge disappointment.
Sep 24, 2022 8:26 PM

Nov 2021
Neo2425 said:
ichikasolos said:

Fmab exist, the best flawless show, "almost" to none.
Then there's monster, too.

And redo of ... Jk :⁠-⁠!
itsrj20Sep 24, 2022 8:29 PM

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Sep 24, 2022 8:52 PM
Jun 2022
it's a case of "bigger things to worry about". What Eren is about to do is far more worrisome than what Annie has done, plus most of the main cast didnt witness Levi Squad dying first hand, just Levi and Eren.
Sep 24, 2022 9:17 PM
Jul 2021
INSANELYWP said:
time heals all wounds. probably didn’t affect them as much years after it happened. also they had a common enemy so they sorted out their differences

Perfectly answered
Sep 24, 2022 9:18 PM
Jul 2021
kxlel02 said:
i don’t know that she was forgiven. i think the whole point of attack on titan is that no one is necessarily the bad guy and no one is necessarily the hero. the people who are painted as heroes are indeed not heroes (Ex.eren). and the people painted as villains are indeed not villains (Ex. Reiner). So when it comes the the alliance formed against eren during the rumbling, i think annie was more accepted for her power and what she could contribute rather than them forgiving her for everything that she’s done. the campfire episode went over this all very clearly.

so i can see how you may say she was forgiven too easily but if you look at it from that perspective, i don’t think they forgave her at all (except maybe armin) but rather they realized they’re all people who have made mistakes and killed others and in that moment they needed her help to fight the big problem and that was more important than personal feelings.

Another perfect answer
Sep 24, 2022 9:26 PM
Jul 2021
Gaddammitkyle said:
it's a case of "bigger things to worry about". What Eren is about to do is far more worrisome than what Annie has done, plus most of the main cast didnt witness Levi Squad dying first hand, just Levi and Eren.

Fr, majority of people fail to understand such a simple thing that their priority atm is stopping Eren somehow and not judging each others crimes.
And, like you pointed out that Mikasa,Armin,Jean,Connie,Hange were not even present there during the annihilation of the Levi squad.
dk107_Sep 24, 2022 9:30 PM
Sep 24, 2022 9:32 PM
Jul 2021
Piromysl said:
They had this talk in the latest season by the bonfire.
I guess for her destruction of everything she cared about would be enough of a punishment.
Also, they really need her Female Titan.

Fr, all these alliance haters are surely reading/watching the story with their eyes closed. I genuinely can't understand them.
Sep 24, 2022 9:33 PM
Jul 2021
SystemEight said:
Eren and the gang didn't really hate Annie for her betrayal did they? They just felt really sad (because she is their friend and classmate) and Eren became pissed later on. Even when Annie was frozen Armin still visited her whereas Reiner and Bertholdt got hate because they are the ones who killed Eren's mom and caused the whole ruckus.
So, it makes sense that they forgave her sooner and they already overcame the deaths of their comrades so they didn't really feel that angry for killing the scouts and the Levi squad. She was seen more like someone forced in Reiner's scheme.

Another perfect answer
Sep 24, 2022 9:39 PM
Jul 2021
dylpickles said:

Literally every Marleyan individual in the alliance had their reasons to stop Eren aside from their crimes. Most overlook the fact that Annie and Reiner were literally kids when they broke the wall on that day and they were brainwashed into believing that every island devil is evil by Marley. Same applies for Gabi. Falco and Pieck seemed like the only smart ones who got the jist of the situation around them. And, I seriously don't get how people hate this.
dk107_Sep 24, 2022 9:59 PM
Sep 24, 2022 9:50 PM
Jun 2022
Neo2425 said:
MunkeeMan said:

in my opinion it's 1st season is mid at best 4th is masterpiece at worst, probably even above masterpiece category, earn turning to major antagonist did the trick but still yes every anime has its flaws, quite too many in this case but the intersting story does save it and helps it achieve its status, although opinions and rightly so, we are not robots with same programming memory.
As for the main question, i guess she was forgiven way too easily, even though she had a reason
Sep 24, 2022 9:52 PM
Jul 2021
Damn, I can't believe that there are many intellectuals in this thread, excluding all the trollers and attention seekers. I was originally planning to answer OP's question but it seems like now there is no need for that.

Also, you should have posted this thread in either the s4p2 anime forum or in the manga discussion forum and not here in s1's forum since what you are asking about contains spoilers from s4.
Sep 24, 2022 10:03 PM

Feb 2021
I don't think she was forgiven at all. Neither was Reiner. If all of them are working together as an alliance, it doesn't mean that they like each other. Heck, some of them even had hatred against little kids up until the fire camp scene. It's just an alliance, not a friend group. The classic "enemy of my enemy is a friend" trope. It's not about forgiveness for the alliance, it's just about having the same goal, to stop their former friend/ally from destroying the entire world.
Sep 24, 2022 10:05 PM
Apr 2022
ichikasolos said:
Neo2425 said:

Cmon man classroom of the elite is not a masterpiece
Sep 24, 2022 10:06 PM
Aug 2022
ichikasolos said:
Neo2425 said:

Mob Psycho is no masterpiece. It's an excellent show at best. Not every good show is a masterpiece.
Masterpiece is a term only reserved for the best of the best, genre defining and timeless work of artistry. Very few fall in that category.
As for the others, I haven't watched/read them to form an opinion except of course AOT, which I consider an incredible show as well.
Sep 24, 2022 10:08 PM
Jul 2021
PikaboyTK said:
I don't think she was forgiven at all. Neither was Reiner. If all of them are working together as an alliance, it doesn't mean that they like each other. Heck, some of them even had hatred against little kids up until the fire camp scene. It's just an alliance, not a friend group. The classic "enemy of my enemy is a friend" trope. It's not about forgiveness for the alliance, it's just about having the same goal, to stop their former friend/ally from destroying the entire world.

And, I don't get how such a simple detail is complicated and hated by many for no reason.
Sep 24, 2022 10:15 PM

Feb 2021
dark_knight107 said:
PikaboyTK said:

And, I don't get how such a simple detail is complicated and hated by many for no reason.

That probably has to do with "protagonist love" or something. I mean, Eren is still the main guy. So people who like Eren are just supporting whatever shit he's doing, even large scale genocide. Anyone against Eren, like the Alliance, are seen as stupid I guess, for not understanding "the reason".
Sep 24, 2022 10:36 PM
Jul 2021
PikaboyTK said:
dark_knight107 said:

That probably has to do with "protagonist love" or something. I mean, Eren is still the main guy. So people who like Eren are just supporting whatever shit he's doing, even large scale genocide. Anyone against Eren, like the Alliance, are seen as stupid I guess, for not understanding "the reason".

Yeah I agree with you but all those people who are blindly supporting Eren's actions just because he is the mc have clearly misinterpreted the author's message of why genocide is evil. I absolutely love Eren but I don't support his actions. He is basically doing it to achieve the false image of freedom which he created in his mind and the world which he had imagined outside the walls after taking a look at Armin's book. The author himself has said on multiple occasions through many characters about Eren's unjust and selfish actions and most fail to understand this. But, tbh they were necessary to the plot since that involves the theme and message of his character.
Sep 24, 2022 11:05 PM
Feb 2021
Yeah it makes Levi seem like a bitch since he forgives everyone who has killed ppl close to him except Zeke
Sep 24, 2022 11:12 PM
Aug 2020
Neo2425 said:
I have such a problem with how Annie was forgiven. She basically killed a bunch of scouts, killed Levi squad, and not only she killed them, she played around with them like fidget spinners. Also she not only was to easily forgiven by the scouts, she was too easily forgiven by Reiner. So Annie doesn’t kill Armin who then ends up devouring Berthodlt and Reiner has no problem with her not going with the mission?

Yes, Annie did infact kill many and was also forgiven forgiven easily. I am assuming they wanted Annie's help or they just didn't want Eldians to fights against each other or they just didn't want a war at all or all of the above and Most of the people in the anti Eren squad is pro life. One team has very high morality and inclination to coexistence and the other team just wants to exterminate their enemies and an inclination to "peace".

This is not really a flaw in the story. I believe it to be "flaw" in Human nature. They were probably tired of all of this war and just wanted to end it all in their own way and hence Eren and Anti Eren groups were formed.
Sep 24, 2022 11:21 PM
Jul 2021
kizuyomi said:

Yes, Annie did infact kill many and was also forgiven forgiven easily. I am assuming they wanted Annie's help or they just didn't want Eldians to fights against each other or they just didn't want a war at all or all of the above and Most of the people in the anti Eren squad is pro life. One team has very high morality and inclination to coexistence and the other team just wants to exterminate their enemies and an inclination to "peace".

This is not really a flaw in the story. I believe it to be "flaw" in Human nature. They were probably tired of all of this war and just wanted to end it all in their own way and hence Eren and Anti Eren groups were formed.

Very well explained.
The author himself said that through Erwin in s3 that its just a part of human nature but haters just prefer to stay in full denial mode.
Sep 25, 2022 12:27 AM

May 2021
Product of laxist writing
Sep 25, 2022 12:31 AM
Dec 2019
Annie killed a lot of innocent people. But by the time they met Annie again, they had done the same to the people of Marley, so it would have been very hypocritical of them to not forgive, especially after they understood things from her perspective.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.