Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 18, 2022 2:47 AM
May 2022
It's a good romcom, don't know why in this section there is people who are quite harsh on it. Doesn't deserve that tbh, sure it's not the best anime ever created (far from that) but it's still pretty good.
Sep 18, 2022 4:21 AM

Feb 2011
Marin is cute, excited to see s2 for sure.

Swagernator said:
LostSpectre said:
I think the ratings speak for themselves.

I think the reviews speaks for themselves.

You see, Cardi B ratings are always off the charts, but that does not make her music good.

Thats because salty people like you and the OP upvote each other's equally lousy opinions.

453,000+ people have this in their list and it's an 8.3. Plenty of people think this s2 was well deserved. If you don't like it, don't watch it. L + gg + ratio
ScootboiSep 18, 2022 4:27 AM

Sep 18, 2022 4:24 AM
Jan 2021
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
KazuyaKinoshita said:

Kanojo Okarishimasu 3rd season story is going to be better.
Let's not lie to ourselves. The one and only good arc in the whole series even up to the latest chapter is the film making arc.

What I meant is, if Kanokari with bad 2 seasons gets a 3rd one, then Kisekoi should too.

Ya Kisekoi is also good and I personally liked it too.
Sep 18, 2022 4:30 AM

Apr 2016
Scootboi said:
Thats because salty people like you and the OP upvote each other's equally lousy opinions.

453,000+ people have this in their list and it's an 8.3. Plenty of people think this s2 was well deserved. If you don't like it, don't watch it. L + gg + ratio

Amount of people does not equal quality show or manga.

Popularity does not mean something is good. Instead of calling out OP and me, you should provide actual positive traits of this work, instead of "she cute, dont care" opinion.
Sep 18, 2022 4:44 AM

Feb 2011
Swagernator said:

Popularity does not mean something is good. Instead of calling out OP and me, you should provide actual positive traits of this work, instead of "she cute, dont care" opinion.

Animation is good, the couple is cute, Gojo's development from a doll creator to a cosplay designer is relaxing to watch alongside their relationship slowly making progress, Marin has some personality traits that differ from many other romcom MCs.

But none of that matters. You'd rather come here and voice your distaste for a series instead of just ignoring it and moving on with your life. It's like you cropdusted the thread for no reason.

Sep 18, 2022 4:56 AM

Apr 2016
Scootboi said:
Animation is good, the couple is cute, Gojo's development from a doll creator to a cosplay designer is relaxing to watch alongside their relationship slowly making progress, Marin has some personality traits that differ from many other romcom MCs.

But none of that matters. You'd rather come here and voice your distaste for a series instead of just ignoring it and moving on with your life. It's like you cropdusted the thread for no reason.

The animation indeed is very good. But what couple are we even talking about ? The only thing we've seen in the first season is a hot looking girl commanding a gloomy guy to make cosplay for her, which he obviously accepts, because he's too shy to say no to people.

Gojo isn't even a doll creator at this point, he only cares about the cosplay making because it make the only girl that ever talked to him in school, to talk to him more, his state of mind is literally on the level of "if i stop making cosplay costumes for her, she will leave me all alone again". How many dolls did he made since he met Marin ?

There is no relationship progress at all amongst the two characters, it's a season full of self righteous girl taking advantage of a kid that does not know better. And that is cute for people for some reason ?

You say Marin has some personality traits that differ from many other romcom MCs ? I strongly disagree, her design is cute looking, stylish blonde girl with cheerful personality that you cant say NO to. That is like every girl in every harem show, but this time shes into cosplay so we unique, somehow.

I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else, i'm just saying how much wrong is there with this show/manga. And how much people let to ignore just cuz the visuals are attractive.
SwagernatorSep 18, 2022 5:00 AM
Sep 18, 2022 5:06 AM

May 2021
Glad this got a Season 2. I wonder if we will see Gojo being even more outspoken this time around.

Sep 18, 2022 10:18 PM
Apr 2018
ACasualViewer said:
Marin being generic waifu bait.

what a obvious clickbait, the word "generic" itself sounds generic on MAL,
pls try to use some other words.(I know you wrote essay in review).

Well who cares, it is "MAL" so... . Use it for Organising and news ONLY, otherwise dont.
configninjaSep 20, 2022 1:37 AM
Sep 19, 2022 1:47 PM
Dec 2019
Swagernator said:
LostSpectre said:

You see, Cardi B ratings are always off the charts, but that does not make her music good.

What, the MAL reviews written by any otaku with a time to spare, that are pushed to top based on who wrote them first and got lucky enough to stay in the review section of the main page and rack up the votes? Or, in the newest version, who writes the shittiest review and gets most of "confusing" votes? Those are your measure of quality? And even among them there are plenty of positive ones, it's just they are hidden because negative reviews are voted higher - except you just argued that number of votes is not a measure of quality, so that includes reviews.

If you look at people who are actually paid to write articles, or otherwise earn money from them, in other words actual professional writers, I can only see positive reactions, mostly ranging from 6.5 at worst to 9-9.5. See ANN Best of Winter 2022 or IGN review or Anitrendz for just a few examples. I searched for many reviews on review sites and they were basically all in 7-9 out of 10 range, and unlike MAL reviewers, review sites have to post objective, useful reviews or they'll lose readership.

Besides, even user reviews on other sites like Crunchyroll or IMDB are very positive. It's clear that it's just MAL reviews that are out of norm, and only reviews, not userbase - not the first or the last time I've seen such case, because MAL review system sucks, which is why they tried to revamp it.

ACasualViewer said:
FrostXC3 said:
"I don't get the appeal of this anime but I'm going to make a post about it even before the people who love it"

Attention seekers will never not be a pathetic joke. Lol!

I wrote a near 2000 word review on the series so I probably put more thought into it than most fans did. As for the thread speed, I saw it was in the DB queue about to be approved so I naturally had a fast post lead time.

If you wrote big-ass review elsewhere it doesn't somehow make this starting post not pathetic, besides I already wrote what I think about average MAL reviewer. Why where you in such a hurry to start this topic if you don't even care for this series? If you really needed to know why people like the series, you could easily find a well-written positive review and find your answer there instead of trying to start ASAP a thread to criticize the previous season, while most people would rather discuss what will be in the upcoming one.
Bear_from_caveSep 19, 2022 1:54 PM
Sep 19, 2022 1:57 PM

Apr 2016
Quoting IGN and ANN as a standard for reviews quality.

Dude, you lost all possible credibility before you even got one.
Sep 19, 2022 3:35 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Bear_from_cave said:
Swagernator said:

I wrote a near 2000 word review on the series so I probably put more thought into it than most fans did. As for the thread speed, I saw it was in the DB queue about to be approved so I naturally had a fast post lead time.

If you wrote big-ass review elsewhere it doesn't somehow make this starting post not pathetic, besides I already wrote what I think about average MAL reviewer. Why where you in such a hurry to start this topic if you don't even care for this series? If you really needed to know why people like the series, you could easily find a well-written positive review and find your answer there instead of trying to start ASAP a thread to criticize the previous season, while most people would rather discuss what will be in the upcoming one.

If I want to post a thread that follows site guidelines, I am free to do so, I already explained me being first was happenstance and a byproduct of me knowing when the DB entry was going live. Someone is going to be first on the forum, it just so happened to be me.

Not sure why it bothers you so much, you can make your own thread praising the series.

Also here's a video you may benefit from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnJwH_PZXnM&t
ACasualViewerSep 19, 2022 3:42 PM
Sep 19, 2022 5:06 PM

Jul 2016
Swagernator said:

its not true nise has 8 score and positive reviews on MAL and this is not credible? Like MAL reviews and score are unreliable and they are not credible too
chriskor022Sep 19, 2022 5:16 PM

Sep 19, 2022 5:13 PM

Jul 2016
It is big hit because it is good series. And the appeal of FeMC is not the only reason why it is popular even the MC is a good character and the appeal of the cosplay technicalities which is somehow unique spin in the romance genre. The ecchi scenes are in line with the story about cosplay so it is not bad. And comedy even its subjective is good

Sep 20, 2022 4:17 AM
Nov 2015
Can't find the appeal? Then you belong to the Minority. This deserves a second season from it's popularity.
Sep 20, 2022 8:18 AM

Dec 2012
Can't wait to see more oversexualized high schoolers and people being creepy about Marin
Sep 21, 2022 11:08 AM

Dec 2020
>says Marin is generic
>refuses to elaborate further
>leaves

qǝǝʍ ǝɓɐɹǝʌ∀ u∀
Sep 22, 2022 8:37 AM

Apr 2022
ACasualViewer said:
Guess I can't be surprised, it was a pretty big hit, though I still don't understand the appeal besides Marin being generic waifu bait.

ACasualViewer said:
FrostXC3 said:
"I don't get the appeal of this anime but I'm going to make a post about it even before the people who love it"

Attention seekers will never not be a pathetic joke. Lol!

The botted up top reviews showing up first in a decently scored anime make sense now.
Swagernator said:
LostSpectre said:

Swagernator said:

Popularity does not mean something is good.

A Type/Moon fan shouldn't be throwing around this much shade when the thing only exists due to a badly written power wanking eroge vn and is alive today because of a gacha.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Sep 22, 2022 8:47 AM

Apr 2016
LoveScope said:
A Type/Moon fan shouldn't be throwing around this much shade when the thing only exists due to a badly written power wanking eroge vn and is alive today because of a gacha.

Go fund hasans new mansion or something, and dont bother people around.
Sep 22, 2022 11:02 AM

Apr 2022
Swagernator said:
LoveScope said:

Go fund hasans new mansion or something, and dont bother people around.

Who? A non reply, as expected of the waifu IP lover. Glass houses.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Sep 22, 2022 4:40 PM
Dec 2019
Swagernator said:

They are pillars of credibility compared to MAL reviews, with for example Dr Stone still having 1/10 review on the very top because some "popular" MAL reviewer got salty with the series, and with Yofukashi no Uta having only incoherent babbling about pedos in top reviews. There are some good MAL reviews, but they are buried deep beneath the upvoted ones, because people writing them watch the series properly instead of racing to get the review ASAP on page to rack in the votes. So yes, quoting some bad MAL reviews as a proof taht this series sucks despite high user score is just LOL-worthy.

Bad MAL reviews can be sometimes useful because if series is popular but there are critical reviews in top section, you can check them and see if reviewers' issues are likely to be similar to yours, though recent change in voting system broke even that, but they're not really significant considering anybody can write them. Are you trying to say "top reviews are bad" which is heavily dependent on timing and haters, or "total number of negative reviews is high" which is dumb because a) everybody can write few words and add their negative review to the pile, and b) if you google around on other websites, vast majority of reviews are positives, and MAL is hardly only the oracle for general otaku population.
Sep 22, 2022 11:43 PM

Apr 2016
Bear_from_cave said:
Swagernator said:

They are pillars of credibility compared to MAL reviews, with for example Dr Stone still having 1/10 review on the very top because some "popular" MAL reviewer got salty with the series, and with Yofukashi no Uta having only incoherent babbling about pedos in top reviews. There are some good MAL reviews, but they are buried deep beneath the upvoted ones, because people writing them watch the series properly instead of racing to get the review ASAP on page to rack in the votes. So yes, quoting some bad MAL reviews as a proof taht this series sucks despite high user score is just LOL-worthy.

Bad MAL reviews can be sometimes useful because if series is popular but there are critical reviews in top section, you can check them and see if reviewers' issues are likely to be similar to yours, though recent change in voting system broke even that, but they're not really significant considering anybody can write them. Are you trying to say "top reviews are bad" which is heavily dependent on timing and haters, or "total number of negative reviews is high" which is dumb because a) everybody can write few words and add their negative review to the pile, and b) if you google around on other websites, vast majority of reviews are positives, and MAL is hardly only the oracle for general otaku population.

That just sound like a you problem.
Sep 22, 2022 11:58 PM

Jul 2017
Looking forward to more premium waifu bait

Sep 26, 2022 11:22 AM

Oct 2010
Generic? Funny. One of the most positive girls in anime, a true friend and a joy to hang out with, without a single tsundere crap in her and you call her generic.
Oct 8, 2022 5:25 PM
Jun 2013
I don't know what is funnier, the review mod saying he/she doesn't see the appeal and yet opening a thread about it or the pretentious dude acting like MAL user reviews have any credibility xD
Oct 15, 2022 12:01 PM

Jan 2020
Yay really excited about this sequel. I don't know about y'all, but I'm not watching for Marin, I'm watching for Gojo AND Marin. I love to see their interactions, but especially the development of Gojo. I cannot wait for this sequel and hope we won't have to wait for too long.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Oct 22, 2022 9:14 AM
Oct 2021
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W
Oct 24, 2022 8:31 AM
Jul 2011
ACasualViewer said:
Guess I can't be surprised, it was a pretty big hit, though I still don't understand the appeal besides Marin being generic waifu bait.

Can you watch please name few waifu bait like Marin?
Jan 17, 2023 12:39 PM
Mar 2016
originally they never plan for a sequel but because fan want it.
Jan 27, 2023 8:03 AM
Apr 2021
was the relesae date pushed back?  I see the original 25Jan listing is no linger up, but I haven't seen any announcements
Jul 13, 2023 6:30 PM
Dec 2018
what's it to you mf, yeah it got a sequel, yeah the chick is generic so SHTFU please.. please
#kyoanistrong
Jul 13, 2023 6:41 PM
Dec 2014
TsutanaiFuun said:
ACasualViewer said:
Waifu isn't the only thing going on for this anime. You can say Marin is the selling point of this anime but once you get into this anime you can see that it's an actual good romcom with a great female MC, she's not shy, has realised she likes the male MC, is NOT GENERIC. The anime has loads of wholesome moments, though the comedic moments can be a hit or miss for some people. This anime perfectly shpws what it's about, we get lots of cosplays. The male MC is better than many other romcom MCs. He has many other qualities other than just being dense like many other romcom MCs. He's the most normal teenage MC I've ever seen, everything is natural about him. Marin being present just makes everything 10 times better. There's great character development too, our lonely MC by the end of Season 1 becomes a chad who's casually hanging out with pretty women and has gotten the cutest girl in his class to have a crush on him.

Can't wait to see how Marin acts around Gojo after the last scene of ep12.
Your description of Marin is every romcom female lead ever. As someone who has ventured into Shojo Ai, it's not a rarity. Gojo also isn't all that original. A male love interest with a "weird" hobby who catches the eye of a popular female lead who also shares a similar interest? It's not like Bottom-tier Character Tomazaki-kun, High Score Girl, Loving Yamada at Level 999, and Accel World exist. There was also one from years ago where the male lead is in an anime club and the female lead joins because of him, only to find herself getting immersed in otaku culture. It even has cosplay moments, so y'know...

Sono Bisque Doll isn't even that original with its writing or characters. It's derivative to the point of actively depreciating with everyone who possesses an IQ above the temperature of lukewarm water. If you want a series with highly-competent writing and is a romcom, go watch Bunnygirl-senpai. Not only is the writing solid, but the characters interactions are a lot more engaging.
"Thorkell has no resistance to getting kicked in the f-in head. To be honest, neither do I." -Captain Mack

"You've faced many life-and-death situations. But that does not make you an adult. Finding more fallen-out hairs on your pillow, watching your favorite stuffed-bread disappear from the convenience store... the accumulation of those little despairs is what makes a person an adult."-Nanami Kento
Jul 14, 2023 12:08 AM

Jul 2021
SentiOnikawa said:
TsutanaiFuun said:
Waifu isn't the only thing going on for this anime. You can say Marin is the selling point of this anime but once you get into this anime you can see that it's an actual good romcom with a great female MC, she's not shy, has realised she likes the male MC, is NOT GENERIC. The anime has loads of wholesome moments, though the comedic moments can be a hit or miss for some people. This anime perfectly shpws what it's about, we get lots of cosplays. The male MC is better than many other romcom MCs. He has many other qualities other than just being dense like many other romcom MCs. He's the most normal teenage MC I've ever seen, everything is natural about him. Marin being present just makes everything 10 times better. There's great character development too, our lonely MC by the end of Season 1 becomes a chad who's casually hanging out with pretty women and has gotten the cutest girl in his class to have a crush on him.

Can't wait to see how Marin acts around Gojo after the last scene of ep12.
Your description of Marin is every romcom female lead ever. As someone who has ventured into Shojo Ai, it's not a rarity. Gojo also isn't all that original. A male love interest with a "weird" hobby who catches the eye of a popular female lead who also shares a similar interest? It's not like Bottom-tier Character Tomazaki-kun, High Score Girl, Loving Yamada at Level 999, and Accel World exist. There was also one from years ago where the male lead is in an anime club and the female lead joins because of him, only to find herself getting immersed in otaku culture. It even has cosplay moments, so y'know...

Sono Bisque Doll isn't even that original with its writing or characters. It's derivative to the point of actively depreciating with everyone who possesses an IQ above the temperature of lukewarm water. If you want a series with highly-competent writing and is a romcom, go watch Bunnygirl-senpai. Not only is the writing solid, but the characters interactions are a lot more engaging.
your post makes sense but it got to have something extra which made it this popular, i've understood that this isn't a new concept, while writing my original post i'm not sure if i knew about this but i still think my dress up has something that others didn't hence the popularity. and yes i've watched bunny girl senpai, it's a 10/10 anime.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 14, 2023 12:27 AM

Jul 2021
adfrula said:
TsutanaiFuun said:
your post makes sense but it got to have something extra which made it this popular, i've understood that this isn't a new concept, while writing my original post i'm not sure if i knew about this but i still think my dress up has something that others didn't hence the popularity. and yes i've watched bunny girl senpai, it's a 10/10 anime.
Mod edit.
didn't realise i wrote something funny but all good if it made someone happy.
cyruzJul 14, 2023 8:21 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 15, 2023 7:21 PM
Dec 2014
TsutanaiFuun said:
SentiOnikawa said:

I wouldn't call bunnygirl-senpai a perfect series. It's really good and I'll leave it at that. I don't think a show needs to have zero flaws and unquestionable logic to be a 10/10. It just needs to be solid and consistent within its own universe, and if it references real-world concepts and myths, it retains as much accuracy as possible. For example, I would argue that Belle is a 10/10 just because its animation, soundtrack, and even the story (despite its lack of originality) are top-tier. The only thing that holds it back is the tie-up of the secondary plot.

My Dress-Up Darling has nothing special going for it. You're severely underestimating the hordes who will rush to updoot every release that fits their appeal. Hell, My Hero Academia has arguably one of the worst protagonists (show me an arc where Deku doesn't blubber for what is effectively an entire episode's worth of runtime) and whose world-building was fine, but has now begun to collapse in upon itself. Demon Slayer has zero appeal beyond Ufotable in charge of the animation every season. Both those shows push numbers on MAL and IGN, among other sites. The majority of people will consume the most basic, bare-effort media because that stuff can be mass-produced without much time or effort being put into it. My Dress-Up Darling happens to fit into that particular mold of easily-produced, easily-consumable media.
"Thorkell has no resistance to getting kicked in the f-in head. To be honest, neither do I." -Captain Mack

"You've faced many life-and-death situations. But that does not make you an adult. Finding more fallen-out hairs on your pillow, watching your favorite stuffed-bread disappear from the convenience store... the accumulation of those little despairs is what makes a person an adult."-Nanami Kento
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Any updates on this season 2?

Brucasco - Jan 17

17 by wallsg »»
May 7, 12:06 AM

» It won't be as good as the first season ( 1 2 )

rickotaviano - Sep 18, 2022

63 by H4trax »»
Feb 1, 7:09 AM

» This is tagged as slice of life, not a romance anymore

AnimeIs4Kidz - Feb 2, 2023

26 by Otakodo_kumo »»
Jan 16, 2:21 AM

» Will Himeno appear?

AsHoul - Oct 16, 2023

14 by Swagernator »»
Nov 17, 2023 6:15 AM

» Season 2 confirmation from extra pages in Volume 10 that was just released today.

wangson - Sep 23, 2022

6 by Tajihiro »»
Mar 5, 2023 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.