Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2022 3:19 PM

May 2010
The first series was total trash so I didn't have any expectations, but this was somehow even worse xD Especially the artstyle, the original manga might have looked like Bakuman's clone, but at least it was nice to look at most of the time. Shuukyoku's drawings are cheap and ugly, Natsuko after the first volume looks like a freaking demon having orgasm every two pages, there's no subtlety to it, ugh.

But even other than that, the story is utterly stupid, nobody in the world pays any attention to 30+ students suddenly dropping dead one after another. Nobuaki's your typical naive kind-hearted spirit caring for his new classmates. Okay, so he survived the same death game 6 months ago and haven't even dunno, delete his mail account? Destroy the phone? Nothing? Mmkay, why am I even looking for any logical explanation...

Ryou at the end trying to dismember parts of his body BY HIMSELF deserves some kind of trophy for sure lol. And why the hell nobody killed Natsuko when they had the chance? Especially when everybody understood she's just a crazy selfish bitch. God these characters, the ones in the first Ousama Game manga were at least A LITTLE likeable. Here it seemed like even the author didn't care for them, we followed Nobuaki for 10 volumes, and he's killed just like any other kid, didn't even get emotional goodbye or heroic death.

And this whole last minute virus explanation is so fucking amazing I'm not even touching the subject xD Gotta be the worst manga series I've ever read. 2.5/10
Nov 14, 2023 5:05 PM

Mar 2018
Reply to Kitsu-nee
The first series was total trash so I didn't have any expectations, but this was somehow even worse xD Especially the artstyle, the original manga might have looked like Bakuman's clone, but at least it was nice to look at most of the time. Shuukyoku's drawings are cheap and ugly, Natsuko after the first volume looks like a freaking demon having orgasm every two pages, there's no subtlety to it, ugh.

But even other than that, the story is utterly stupid, nobody in the world pays any attention to 30+ students suddenly dropping dead one after another. Nobuaki's your typical naive kind-hearted spirit caring for his new classmates. Okay, so he survived the same death game 6 months ago and haven't even dunno, delete his mail account? Destroy the phone? Nothing? Mmkay, why am I even looking for any logical explanation...

Ryou at the end trying to dismember parts of his body BY HIMSELF deserves some kind of trophy for sure lol. And why the hell nobody killed Natsuko when they had the chance? Especially when everybody understood she's just a crazy selfish bitch. God these characters, the ones in the first Ousama Game manga were at least A LITTLE likeable. Here it seemed like even the author didn't care for them, we followed Nobuaki for 10 volumes, and he's killed just like any other kid, didn't even get emotional goodbye or heroic death.

And this whole last minute virus explanation is so fucking amazing I'm not even touching the subject xD Gotta be the worst manga series I've ever read. 2.5/10
@Kitsu-nee

Just finished the anime. I thought there might be more to the story since it said to be continued. We might've finally gotten a detective and finally gotten solid evidence that there was a mastermind and not a virus. Guess I was hoping for too much. So where the anime finished is where the manga finishes?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 15, 2023 4:38 AM

May 2010
Reply to Sagara_Asakura
@Kitsu-nee

Just finished the anime. I thought there might be more to the story since it said to be continued. We might've finally gotten a detective and finally gotten solid evidence that there was a mastermind and not a virus. Guess I was hoping for too much. So where the anime finished is where the manga finishes?
@Sagara_Asakura Sadly I only read the manga series and haven't seen any episode of anime. From what I've heard though, adaptation is a mix of both Ousama Game and its sequel, Ousama Game: Shuukyoku, but I'm not sure how anime ends or whether it's faithful to the manga. You can also find translation of the prequel series, Ousama Game: Kigen, which wasn't adapted into anime at all.

More topics from this board

» Better than the previous one?

Darkbow - Dec 29, 2014

22 by Cymbor »»
Feb 23, 2020 7:01 PM

» Has this manga finished?

BMasayuki - Jul 20, 2019

1 by xiulaces »»
Dec 20, 2019 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.