Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 18, 2022 1:00 PM

May 2022
*Spoilers*

First things first.. by GOD the OST is Amazing!! Absolutely Amazing! I have so much respect for the composer Yuki Kajiura. For reference I watched and listened to the Blu-ray release of this show and of course with proper display and sound set up. All that said I personally loved Scaena Felix, Amicae Carae Meae, Sis Puella Magica!, Credens Justitiam, Postmeridie, Agmen Clientum, Invitabilis, and finally the track where the tears came Sagitta Luminis. Basically I absolutely adored most if not all the tracks, but specially that last one.

The scene that plays in the last episode after Madoka places her wish along with the ost "Sagitta Luminis (Arrow of Light)" did tug at the heart strings for me. It was beautiful to see Madoka in the end mend all those hurt. It was also wholesome to see that everything Homura did for Madoka in the end mattered, was fully understood and appreciated by Madoka. There was an obvious disconnect between these two friends throughout the show and a disconnect for viewers because of lack of context, but I think the way it was eventually presented is appreciable too. By the conclusion of the show l was left wanting more, but also that Madoka Magica is exemplary of everything a great anime should be. I thoroughly enjoyed every facet of Madoka Magica and am happy to know there is more to see soon.
LordKirkisAug 18, 2022 1:27 PM
Aug 18, 2022 1:33 PM

May 2022
ScionOfCyan said:
If you love Sagitta Luminis check out Clementia. Also an oboe solo, and it presages Madoka’s salvation act because it shows her desire to give mercy to Sayaka when it seems impossible. Absolutely beautiful. Junko best mother.

I loved this scene so much and yes Clementia is also a beautiful track. I can really say that I loved all the tracks and all the scenes in this show. This show was so well put together and thought out.
Aug 18, 2022 4:10 PM
Sep 2021
It really filled me with a magnitude of emotions as I was watching it for the first time, resulting in my misplaced anger in some scenes, but thinking back on it, it was so perfect all around. The scene with Clementia mentioned above was just unforgettable.
Amazing OST and incredible screen writing. I was particularly astonished by how realistic the characters and their thought processes were in a show about witches and freaking magical girls.
All in all, this is surely the epitome of what anime should be.
Aug 18, 2022 4:39 PM
Jan 2021
I suggest watching the spin off series, which I personally found more enjoyable (well watch movie 3 first). Others will tell you it’s not good, but it’s the same thing about how I felt with Steins;Gate and it’s spin-off. I don’t know why fans of a series will hate half of it.

But yeah, try to go in with an open mind
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Aug 18, 2022 6:55 PM

Jul 2021
oh hey it's the Darling in the Franxx guy. hi again~

glad to see you got onto how absurdly good Shaft can be :)) i watched Madoka first before Bakemonogatari, and both blew me away, though the latter in much more of a 'slow burn' way than the former. *insert typical 3looming Monogatari Series plug right here.*
-- art-house/psychological/stylish/philosophical anime enjoyer with yuri bias and the attention span of a smol-antlered creature --
Aug 18, 2022 7:05 PM
Feb 2021
imo the best theme on the show is Decretum, I don't think Sayaka's transformation would had been so impactful with another piece
Aug 18, 2022 9:52 PM

May 2022
Jasomas said:
It really filled me with a magnitude of emotions as I was watching it for the first time, resulting in my misplaced anger in some scenes, but thinking back on it, it was so perfect all around. The scene with Clementia mentioned above was just unforgettable.
Amazing OST and incredible screen writing. I was particularly astonished by how realistic the characters and their thought processes were in a show about witches and freaking magical girls.
All in all, this is surely the epitome of what anime should be.

Yes! As bizzare as the plot/world turns out the characters still remained very grounded and realistic. This was definitely impressive to me too!

3looming said:

glad to see you got onto how absurdly good Shaft can be :)) i watched Madoka first before Bakemonogatari, and both blew me away, though the latter in much more of a 'slow burn' way than the former. *insert typical 3looming Monogatari Series plug right here.*

Oh hey you, we meet again! Well I finally got around to a Shaft studio title and did I love it! Now I really have to continue from where I left off with Bakemonogatari because Shaft really has my attention. Also I'm afraid look at what else Shaft's made given my already seemingly endless backlog. :)
LordKirkisAug 18, 2022 10:03 PM
Aug 19, 2022 4:21 AM
Sep 2021
3looming said:

Dude, preach the truth. Monogatari is the GOAT.
Aug 19, 2022 10:35 AM
Mar 2021
LordKirkis said:
*Spoilers*

First things first.. by GOD the OST is Amazing!! Absolutely Amazing! I have so much respect for the composer Yuki Kajiura. For reference I watched and listened to the Blu-ray release of this show and of course with proper display and sound set up. All that said I personally loved Scaena Felix, Amicae Carae Meae, Sis Puella Magica!, Credens Justitiam, Postmeridie, Agmen Clientum, Invitabilis, and finally the track where the tears came Sagitta Luminis. Basically I absolutely adored most if not all the tracks, but specially that last one.

The scene that plays in the last episode after Madoka places her wish along with the ost "Sagitta Luminis (Arrow of Light)" did tug at the heart strings for me. It was beautiful to see Madoka in the end mend all those hurt. It was also wholesome to see that everything Homura did for Madoka in the end mattered, was fully understood and appreciated by Madoka. There was an obvious disconnect between these two friends throughout the show and a disconnect for viewers because of lack of context, but I think the way it was eventually presented is appreciable too. By the conclusion of the show l was left wanting more, but also that Madoka Magica is exemplary of everything a great anime should be. I thoroughly enjoyed every facet of Madoka Magica and am happy to know there is more to see soon.

it was one of the most unexpectedly amazing show as I didn't realize it was more or less a deconstruction I went into it thinking it's gonna be my intro to magical girls genre but I found this masterpiece
Aug 19, 2022 1:11 PM

Apr 2022
nyoro-n said:
imo the best theme on the show is Decretum, I don't think Sayaka's transformation would had been so impactful with another piece

She’s a witch (movie recap ost) also feats sayaka’s transformation into a witch well.
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.