21.1%
No, you just have trash taste!!
64.8%
It's just hasn't been made for me!!
14.1%
71 votes
Jun 23, 2022 8:38 AM

Aug 2021
I am definitely not the first person to point this out(I hope) but isn't this show just absurdly overrated on MAL cause I just finished watching it and..........'An absolute cringe fest' was the only phrase I found optimal to describe it at that moment. I mean each and every episode is just painfully cringey, all the characters are annoying as hell(not to mention that they are absolutely unrelatable)and the setting plus situations presented are just way way waaayyy too unrealistic and detached from the reality even if you sit down and compare to a general shoujo anime or manga. Also the comedy is very badly timed and just sprinkles additional cringe as the cherry on the top on an already cringe fest of a series.
For me it falls under same category as Ouran highschool host club; just way too unrelatable and cringey for its own good.(if anything Ouran highschool host club is better, that show at least has a number of decent comedy moments and character development).
So what do you guys think!!?? Also I am curious to know just how many of you guys find shows like this engaging or comedic in any way.
Kazou-nozumu689Jun 23, 2022 8:44 AM

#SupportForKyoAni#
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 23, 2022 8:49 AM

Jan 2020
Comparing this to Ouran isn’t a good comparison imo, because I disliked that one more. This is overrated tho imo, tho Usui is a great character
Jun 23, 2022 8:57 AM

Sep 2020
I don’t think this is overrated and we are in the day and age where a lot of anime are overrated…

This show is a staple in the anime community and for good reasons. This anime was funny, entertaining and all around a good Shōjo romcom. The two main characters are really good and the only character I hate in this show is the childhood friend guy. If anything I think this anime isn’t rated enough and I would love a readaptation.

I think it’s score of 8.02 is fine and it deserves to be at that spot. With older anime like this though it can end up cringy but it has that charm to it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2022 9:08 AM
Sep 2020
the manga was better
Jun 23, 2022 9:14 AM
Apr 2019
No. I hate shoujo manga with all my life. But Idk somehow I enjoy this one. Probably because the MC only, I like her character and drive to work hard for her family.
Jun 23, 2022 9:24 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread locked for discussing MAL community data.

Anime/Manga Discussion Rules 2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:

e. MAL community data
e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 6

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2010

388 by Troy_The_Boy »»
Apr 6, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

taim - Jul 15, 2010

142 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 24, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

165 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 22, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2010

128 by antoninus_v »»
Mar 21, 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.