Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 11, 2007 11:56 AM
Mar 2007
There's a ton of suggestions nowadays, here's another one: directly related to the list.

Scrolling through completed lists, it's not always easy to get a clear overview of the meaningful titles due to all the side-spin crap that's making the lists bloated. After all, whether it's a show of 100+ episodes or an OVA of under 10 minutes, the list entries are all the same size.

I'd like to be able to group anime's in the list under their parent title. Take Azumanga Daioh, for example. Right now I have in my list:

Azumanga Daioh
Azumanga Daioh - the very short movie
Azumanga Daioh Web Daioh.

The bottom two I saw too, although it feels almost like cheating listing them as seperate entries, as the two of them combined aren't even an episode worth of anime.

I'd like to have the option to group anime's like these. I'd like to see just one entry in my list: Azumanga Daioh (2). Then when the two is clicked, the other two entries come rolling out (like the more button).

Loads of big anime's have a lot of OVA's and movie's that fill up the list and take the attention away from titles that don't have these (even though they could consist out of ten times the amount of episode time).

Would this, Xinil (we all know you're the one I'm adressing), be something you might consider offering? Naturally this would be entirely optional, as I can imagine loads of people wouldn't care. I personally think it's an intuitive and fitting option for a website that revolves around personalized lists, and would like to have it.

Jun 11, 2007 12:02 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
It's a possibility, but definitely not a "quick add". A lot of work would be involved. If a ton of people want this added, I could move it up on the priority list of things to get done.
Jun 11, 2007 12:09 PM
Mar 2007
Xinil said:
It's a possibility, but definitely not a "quick add". A lot of work would be involved. If a ton of people want this added, I could move it up on the priority list of things to get done.

I realise it's a big thing to add. It seems like such a fitting option though. That 'ton of people' won't show up though, so there's no rush. I'm hoping one day you'll implement it.

(By the way, I've been contributing nothing to MAL except for some suggestions. I'm no coder and only a semi-designer, but if I could ever be of other worth to you or MAL, I'd be happy to do my part.)

Jun 11, 2007 3:27 PM

May 2007
I think this would definitely be neat, and I like the idea. No rush, though O____O it seems like a lot of work. ^^;
Jun 11, 2007 5:58 PM

Feb 2007
Yeah, it would be interesting, but I would rather see some other things *coughMMLcough* than this..
Feb 4, 2016 5:30 PM
Nov 2015
My suggestion is similar so I'm putting it here, but I'd like to make a few groupings in my profile. For example, making a group of "genius protagonist" or "parodies" that I've watched, and be able to list them by my preference.
I know the site has the anime's sorted by these kinds of groups, but I don't think I can go inside my profile and sort what I've watched. It's purely for recommendation purposes, after you've watched enough you can't think of everything off the top of your head.
Mar 11, 2016 10:52 PM

Dec 2015
I think this is a great idea. I would like to group my OVAs with their respective TV counterparts. As of right now, finding them is a needle in a haystack.
Mar 12, 2016 2:51 AM
Jul 2018
agreed. would love this, would be really helpful

More topics from this board

» way to look further back into history

iikookv_ - Oct 28, 2020

5 by Alexioos95 »»
Today, 1:24 AM

» Ability to see if an anime has a dub or is subbed

Goblingaming - Yesterday

0 by Goblingaming »»
Yesterday, 1:35 PM

» [QoL] Allow more than 9 items in My Last List Updates

anonymate - Mar 25

3 by anonymate »»
Yesterday, 12:51 PM

» Being able to choose which image/cover/poster to display

p6w - Jun 21, 2023

14 by Ayres »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM

» Way of setting all titles to the English version by default

skyblade743 - Apr 9

9 by Zarutaku »»
May 2, 10:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.